Page 94 of 351 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 8761

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

The Deviot- Thanks for the heads up, I will have to talk to my brother about that if I end up getting a 360 or a new PC.

Looks like I was right about the Call of Duty price drop

Apparently you can go into the Toys R Us stores as well and TMNT The Game (the one based off the movie) for Wii is also $19.99
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Is this the longest thread ever on these boards?

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The Deviot- Thanks for the heads up, I will have to talk to my brother about that if I end up getting a 360 or a new PC.
    No problem. Remember you don't have to have a $5000 rig to play PC games.
    I built mine for under a grand two years ago, and upgraded the processor last year for not much more. Heck, DirectX10 cards with midrange performance are under $100 already. So if you're still running a P3 you may consider a newer system that meets your budget, and leaves you headroom to upgrade the graphics, and memory if need be at a later date.

Oh and while we're on the subject Gamespot
    is reporting Microsoft wants to get more Family Friendly Games on the Xbox, and hints at an eventual $200 entry level price point.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Oh and while we're on the subject Gamespot
    is reporting Microsoft wants to get more Family Friendly Games on the Xbox, and hints at an eventual $200 entry level price point.
    I think this is just the biggest irony, you have Microsoft wanting to get some fo the "family" and "casual" marketplace money that Nintendo currently is reaping, when it was MS who helped foster that division among popular culture to begin with.

I thought this was funny as well "Cliffy B thoughts on the Wii"

Microsoft branded themselves for the "hardcore" game crowd (whatever definition that actually means) and yet now they are seeming to not want to be known only as the "hardcore" system. Its like a mirror image of Nintendo is trying to lose the "kiddie" stigma and attract some "hardcore" gamers. I guess in this sense we are using "hardcore" to mean FPS and Mature titles.

I guess its all about where the money is, I long for the days of adventure games like Kings Quest, Sam and Max, Gabriel Knight, and Day of the Tentacle. When is that genre going to come back in style (in my opinion the FPS and Mini-games can go far away and I wont miss them)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

GR81 says:

Dam it...the transformers game is only one player
    http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gam...2I7yfxI28xle5G
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    GR81 says:

Dam it...the transformers game is only one player
    http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gam...2I7yfxI28xle5G
    Yeah its like that on all next-gen platforms not just Wii. The only multi player versions are the PSP (4 player) and I think the DS version is 2 player

I have yet to see any Wii graphics or previews so this game has me worried big time as being another movie tie in suckfest.

It will obviously look good for the 360 and PS3 but I too was hoping for multiplayer given the handhelds are getting that function.

More Guitar Hero 80's Edition tracks announced today: (taken from IGN)

Hold On Loosely - .38 Special
    No One Like You - Scorpions
    Only a Lad - Oingo Boingo
    Radar Love - White Lion (I find this to be a little slip up on their part, as the song was actually done by Golden Earring. Guess there's gonna be a White Lion song in the game as well)
    Ballroom Blitz - Krokus
    The Warrior - Scandal
    What I Like About You - The Romantics
    Wrath Child - Iron Maiden

They join the 13 tunes announced previously, which are:

I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister
    I Ran - Flock of Seagulls
    Round and Round - Ratt
    Metal Health - Quiet Riot
    Holy Diver - Dio
    Heat Of The Moment - Asia
    18 and Life - Skid Row
    Bathroom Wall - Faster Pussycat
    Lonely is the Night - Billy Squier
    Nothing But a Good Time - Poison
    Play With Me - Extreme
    Shaken - Eddie Money
    Synchronicity II - The Police
    This space for rent, apparently.....

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Wow, I can't believe Nintendo made Big Brain Wii $49.99. The reason why those type of games worked on the DS is because they were budget titles. I don't think these casual games will work for the $49.99 price tag. I know CC is selling it for $39.99, which is better, but I'd rather get it for $29.99 especially since there are only 15 types of puzzles or whatever they call it within the game. And it's not fully online. I think the price is why it didn't do as well in Japan. Nintendo is getting greedy...

Looks like I was right about the Call of Duty price drop

Apparently you can go into the Toys R Us stores as well and TMNT The Game (the one based off the movie) for Wii is also $19.99
    Good stuff!

Looks like that's in the states though, right? Hopefully more stores follow suit north of the border and maybe I can get some of those games for a decent price.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

I guess its all about where the money is, I long for the days of adventure games like Kings Quest, Sam and Max, Gabriel Knight, and Day of the Tentacle. When is that genre going to come back in style (in my opinion the FPS and Mini-games can go far away and I wont miss them)
    Spent a few months lurking but I am back. I have kept up with this thread regularly and Markatisu, you might just be in luck. Have read anything about this game?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/780/780374p1.html

I personally can't wait because I too miss the Kings Quest, Gabriel Knight, and Monkey Island adventurers of old. By the way, the name of that linked game has since been changed to "Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure". Don't know if I like the new name, but it's not about the name is it?
    R.I.P.
    Ronald Henry Schwartz
    June 29 1935 - June 23 2005
    I miss you Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Wow, I can't believe Nintendo made Big Brain Wii $49.99. The reason why those type of games worked on the DS is because they were budget titles. I don't think these casual games will work for the $49.99 price tag. I know CC is selling it for $39.99, which is better, but I'd rather get it for $29.99 especially since there are only 15 types of puzzles or whatever they call it within the game. And it's not fully online. I think the price is why it didn't do as well in Japan. Nintendo is getting greedy...
    I agree 100%, especially since it only has 15 or so games. Sadly though if it does sell we can expect that to be the norm

I would have bought it today if it had been $29, but not $50! Hell I have a hard time paying $50 for most games in 2007

I dont understand why it was not retail priced at $39.99, it seems that DS games retail for around $25-39 (Pokemon, New Super Mario) and budget titles are $19.99 , so why cant the same hold true for Wii? I mean $39.99 would have been reasonable as chains like Walmart would have most likely sold it for $29.99 (like they did with Pirates of the Carribean on Wii which sold for $10 less and came with a movie ticket). Its not a BAD thing to have "budget titles", that is another big problem in the industry. The thinking is Budget seems to equal crap, but yet the industry believes ports should be full price

Quote Originally Posted by lowbrass
    Spent a few months lurking but I am back. I have kept up with this thread regularly and Markatisu, you might just be in luck. Have read anything about this game?

I personally can't wait because I too miss the Kings Quest, Gabriel Knight, and Monkey Island adventurers of old. By the way, the name of that linked game has since been changed to "Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure". Don't know if I like the new name, but it's not about the name is it?
    I have kept my eye on that game and I think the name is dumber than dumb, Matt from ign says its got REALLY good puzzles and adventure in it, the only downside will be it "appears graphically" to be kid oriented but its really not, thats supposedly in the style of the game. Hopefully it delivers because I have been longing for those.

I did read something that sparked my interest today, Lucasarts has decided to do a Wii game and the old creators (Steve Purcell) of Monkey Island have resurfaced which have been sparking rumors about a new Monkey Island game!

Supposedly this picture has been sent but without any info on what it is for

Also the developers of Sam and Max got a ton of money today and have stated they are "pursuing development on the Wii, Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3."

So my lust for adventure games could be coming to an end in the near future!

This might interest some here as well

First Look at Transformers on Wii!

It sounds very positive, all I kept seeing was video and pics from the 360/PS3 so I am glad they did not just crap out a Wii version. Still ****ed its not multiplayer, I am hoping they get a review of Fantastic Four 2 up, because it looks similar to Marvel UA but again nobody is showing any Wii screens so I dont want to give a developer money if they crapped out a turd.

ID Software (Doom 3) has announced they will support Mac OS X as well, and that we will see just what they have planned in a few months at E3.

There are supposed to be some other big announcements regarding Mac OS X games at E3

That is interesting, especially for a platform historically devoid of gaming
    If things go well, Windows fanboys (for the most parts, kids who are under 16) will have no credibility at all when they try to claim that Macs are no good. All they ever say is "well at least I can play games on my computer...oh yeah your a n00b for using a mac....pwn3d"...little kids and their computers...they just dont know when to shut up

Also, I'm not much of a harry potter fan, but I gotta say, the demo of the new harry potter game shown during Steve Jobs' keynote looked pretty good.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

Quote Originally Posted by lowbrass View Post

WOW

Thanks for posting that link! That game looks right up my alley. My favorite type of games are action/adventure games with plenty of puzzles to figure out.
    Ones like Zelda, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, Prince of Persia, etc...

I'd never heard of this new "Zack & Wiki" game, but I'll definately be looking forward to it now.
    ______

On a side note, I recently got Mario Party 8 if anyone was wondering about this game. It's a solid Mario Party experience. I love all of the previous ones and this new addition fits right in.
    My only minor gripes are that the minigame controls feel a little forced for the Wii remote and the party mode is not true 16x9 widescreen. It's a 4x3 picture with blueish graphics added onto the sides as borders. The graphics are pretty and the game is good, but you can tell this was originally a GameCube title that got moved over to the Wii.
    IMO, the first real Wii Mario Party will be Mario Party 9. Overall, I feel Mario Party 8 is worth it if you're a fan of the series.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Quote Originally Posted by PJMania View Post
    If things go well, Windows fanboys (for the most parts, kids who are under 16) will have no credibility at all when they try to claim that Macs are no good. All they ever say is "well at least I can play games on my computer...oh yeah your a n00b for using a mac....pwn3d"...little kids and their computers...they just dont know when to shut up

Also, I'm not much of a harry potter fan, but I gotta say, the demo of the new harry potter game shown during Steve Jobs' keynote looked pretty good.
    Not entirely true. Macs are still a more closed platform, so I think it's likely the fanboys, and many multiplatform gamers will favor the customization of building DIY rigs. That said, Apple NEEDS the support from game developers because despite the billions of non gaming websurfers looking into $400 boxes, Gamers still make a huge chunk of the computer buying public, and Games push tech more than any other software. Besides competition forces everyone to innovate, and upstage. I doubt we'll ever see the number of platforms in the Home Computer Market we had in the 80's, but having games on Mac can't hurt. I do hope Apple does try to nurture that though. In the 80's Mac gaming was right behind Commodore, and Atari. In the 90's it wasn't trailing Windows as bad, but by 1996 they all but abandoned gaming, and up until this announcement Mac owners got games 3 years after the Windows versions in many cases.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERHEMANMIKE View Post
    Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
    BEST GAME EVER!

I cant believe someone else liked it besides me, I wish they would make a sequel!

BEST GAME EVER!

I cant believe someone else liked it besides me, I wish they would make a sequel!
    I feel exactly the same way. It's one of my all time favorites if not my #1 favorite game. It's a shame that it didn't sell too well...it even got great reviews.
    The game had the perfect mix of stealth, fighting, story, puzzles, and graphics.
    I loved how you had to use the mummy for fire and electricity puzzles.
    I've been hoping for a sequel as well. I've wanted one since the day I finished the game. The game leaves you hanging at the end wondering whats going to happen to the poor mummy!

That picture of a pirate you posted looks really interesting. I hope it's for a good old fashioned action/puzzle game!
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

This might interest some here as well

First Look at Transformers on Wii!

It sounds very positive, all I kept seeing was video and pics from the 360/PS3 so I am glad they did not just crap out a Wii version. Still ****ed its not multiplayer, I am hoping they get a review of Fantastic Four 2 up, because it looks similar to Marvel UA but again nobody is showing any Wii screens so I dont want to give a developer money if they crapped out a turd.
    That looks really cool, and I can't wait to play that game.

As far as the FF2 game, yeah, I want to hear more about that too. Because the first movie game also looked like it was going to be like the X-Men Legends series but it ended up being pretty much just a straight beat-em-up, and you didn't have a choice over which characters you could play as in each level (you would only have one or two for most cases, you only got all four characters during boss fights pretty much). It was still a fun game, and I was glad I got it because I had wanted a FF game my entire life, but it wasn't exactly spectacular. So I'm definitely going to be renting Silver Surfer before I pick that one up.

And hopefully Johnny will actually be a decent character to play as this time. He was the weakest character in the first game. What was up with that?

And what system was Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy for? It sounds cool.
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

Quote Originally Posted by VaderLives View Post
    As far as the FF2 game, yeah, I want to hear more about that too. Because the first movie game also looked like it was going to be like the X-Men Legends series but it ended up being pretty much just a straight beat-em-up, and you didn't have a choice over which characters you could play as in each level (you would only have one or two for most cases, you only got all four characters during boss fights pretty much). It was still a fun game, and I was glad I got it because I had wanted a FF game my entire life, but it wasn't exactly spectacular. So I'm definitely going to be renting Silver Surfer before I pick that one up.
    From the videos I watched it seems like its more Marvel UA/X-Men legends because all 4 characters are playable and its a 4 player game (if you are 1 player you control all 4). Johnny Storm also looks good

ign said this about it in one of their previews of an early build:

Both the PS2 and Wii feature up to four player co-op play (the PS2 requires a multitap), so if you have three fantastic friends, or even two and one guy who is kind of a tool but likes to play videogames, you're golden. Of course, the game can also be played solo, where the single player switches between fighters.

You can watch video from the game here, this is what led me to believe it was more multiplayer than brawler: http://www.2kgames.com/riseofthesilversurfer/

My main concern is I have not seen any images from the Wii edition, so much like my skepticism over Transformers (which was almost put to rest last night thanks to ign and gamespot who both said the Wii edition is very nice looking meaning not crappy low budget) I want to see if the developer put effort in or dumped a Spiderman 3/Pirates of the Carribean movie license game on us.

I've been hoping for a sequel as well. I've wanted one since the day I finished the game. The game leaves you hanging at the end wondering whats going to happen to the poor mummy!
    Yeah the story was excellent, and they should have at least released a book or something to let us know what happened. It seemed like a sequel was coming but nothing yet and its been almost 3-4 years...

And what system was Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy for? It sounds cool.
    It was on all three (PS2, Gamecube, Xbox) and you should be able to pick it up for $4-7 these days used. Its a REALLY good game, my wife and I were hooked because it had aspects of Zelda mixed with old school puzzle solving and a very endearing story. The story was the best part too and left us all hanging very badly.

The mummy could not fight so he took care of all the puzzles, and a lot of them were not easy and required thought. Since he could not really die it went against your natural instincts to keep him safe.

and I loved the animations of the mummy getting burned, they were priceless.

Much like Beyond Good and Evil (another highly underated and poorly sold game), this is one to pick up for any adventure/puzzle fans.

GR81 says:

FF2 multi-player ?? Interesting.
    Too bad i aint such a FF fan.

You guys all know i wanted Transforemrs to be multi-player, but if the game takes full advantage of the graphics the Wii can offer (not like Spiderman 3) and gets good reviews, then maybe

Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    You guys all know i wanted Transforemrs to be multi-player, but if the game takes full advantage of the graphics the Wii can offer (not like Spiderman 3) and gets good reviews, then maybe
    Well it would not take much to be better then Spiderman 3

I am holding off judgement till it actually comes out, though right now it looks hands down better than any of the other 3 movie license games released so far (Spiderman 3, Pirates, Shrek 3).

If it can offer good gameplay, thats what I am most after. We barely ever get any TF games here in the US and this is a big chance to make a lot of $$$$, heres hoping they just dont screw the fans with a **** poor game!

Its in good hands, being developed by Travelers Tales (They made the Lego Star Wars Games and handled the GC editions)

GR81 says:

Here's hoping

This is from TFW2005, someone who played the latest build, all in all it sounds like the 360 is the best to get because it has the graphics and the rumble, followed by the PS3 (lack of rumble hurts), then Wii (rumble and gameplay but graphics not as high):

The Wii version was quite an experience for me. I’ve never been as enamored with the system as everyone else seems to be. So this was my first time with a prolonged game experience on the Wii. For the Wii version, I was in control of Starscream as he attacks a military base.

The Wii-mote acts as the pointing device, moving it aims the reticule, moving it to the edge of the screen turns your character. Walking was handled with the nunchuck. Waving the nunchuck around led to melee attacks. Transformation was handled with the d-pad by pressing down.

The Wii-mote trigger and A buttons were your primary and secondary weapons. The trigger on the nunchuck was a lock on for a target in your sights, and the C button allowed you to pick up an object. Once an object was picked up, you could use the nunchuck in a throwing motion to toss the object at an enemy.

Overall I felt the control scheme was responsive, but wish transformation was handles more interactively than a button press. The good thing is the game is very playable with the Wii-mote, especially when flying around as Starscream, which was a joy to play and watch. By the end of my time with the Wii version, I was smashing and shooting targets like a pro.

The graphics were well done on the Wii version. While the 360 and PS3 versions look far and away better, the Wii version is impressive in its own right. Starscream looked really fantastic. The character model was nicely detailed, and his movements were really fluid. The environments were nice, but suffered a bit from pop-in buildings. But the texturing was nice and the environments were as destructive as could be. Buildings crumbled under heavy fire, leaving chunks and debris for me to use as weapons. What really caught my eye was the amount of on screen enemies to fight. I had to deal with air and ground assault from the military, which was really tough at time. Things became even more explosive when Autobot drones began to show up and lay a hefty beat-down.

The game certainly didn’t lack in the difficulty department. The Audio was hard to hear in the location I was in. There was a good amount of foot traffic, with people playing the handheld versions behind me. Wii owners should really be happy. I was assured the Wii version would feature the same in box content as the other console versions, and that the PS2 version would be nearly identical to the Wii, save the control setup.

I didn't catch this, but what's the word on the PC version of Transformers??? I know there will be one, but will it be pretty much the same as the 360 and PS3 versions?

Thanks!
    Hijinio
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by hijinio View Post
    I didn't catch this, but what's the word on the PC version of Transformers??? I know there will be one, but will it be pretty much the same as the 360 and PS3 versions?
    It was not showcased so I would assume it would be like Lost Planet and other console to PC games where its based on the 360.

If so since PC games now seem to be cheaper then console editions, that might be the one to get

This is from TFW2005, someone who played the latest build, all in all it sounds like the 360 is the best to get because it has the graphics and the rumble, followed by the PS3 (lack of rumble hurts), then Wii (rumble and gameplay but graphics not as high):
    Sounds sweet. Looks like I will be getting the Wii version. And then hopefully a Wii

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....