Page 95 of 351 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Here is another review from the same event

http://gamenewsi.com/index.php?itemid=6781&catid=1

They also seem to like the 360 edition the most, and remember if you buy the premium version of the 360 release you get 2 added levels that none of the other versions will have.

It seems to echo that the controls are tight across all platforms and it should be a solid game come release.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Not entirely true. Macs are still a more closed platform, so I think it's likely the fanboys, and many multiplatform gamers will favor the customization of building DIY rigs.
    Yeah but most of the fanboys I know are underaged idiots (age 16 or younger...mainly siblings of friends of mine) and don't even mention customization in their arguments...they just pretty much say "no software and no games run on macs you n00b"...which with gaming returning to the Mac is 100% untrue. Besides. The PowerMac (I don't care if its called the MacPro...PowerMac is a better name) is somewhat customizable and is just as good if not better than anything a DIYer can build on their own for that price.

I doubt we'll ever see the number of platforms in the Home Computer Market we had in the 80's, but having games on Mac can't hurt. I do hope Apple does try to nurture that though. In the 80's Mac gaming was right behind Commodore, and Atari. In the 90's it wasn't trailing Windows as bad, but by 1996 they all but abandoned gaming, and up until this announcement Mac owners got games 3 years after the Windows versions in many cases.
    You can thank the poor management of apple during that time period for that. As soon as the got rid of Steve Jobs the Mac went to ****. I still remember the computer lab at my gradeschool. The macs we had there made eMachines look like quality computers.

Anyways...EA and ID pretty huge. If they can get Ubisoft and maybe on other big name to folllow suit, then Mac gaming might be in pretty good shape. I'd love to walk through a place like bestbuy or somewhere like that and see games for mac in addition to games for windows on the shelves.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

they just pretty much say "no software and no games run on macs you n00b"...which with gaming returning to the Mac is 100% untrue
    Well the no software arguement is something that will never go away because thats just how some people see the world. However with the invention of Boot Camp and being able to install XP and Vista on the new Intel Macs that kinda kills any arguement about software.

Then again if you are fighting with someone who constantly uses LOL, ROFLMAO and n00b as part of their language, well where I was going with this is not nice

Quote Originally Posted by PJMania View Post
    Anyways...EA and ID pretty huge. If they can get Ubisoft and maybe on other big name to folllow suit, then Mac gaming might be in pretty good shape. I'd love to walk through a place like bestbuy or somewhere like that and see games for mac in addition to games for windows on the shelves.
    I think we may see another big name at E3, ID coming over is very huge though as they have almost devoted themselves to PC (even on consoles they choose the Xbox which is closest to a PC).

Didnt Best Buy decide to start selling Macs again? I thought I read they did
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Didnt Best Buy decide to start selling Macs again? I thought I read they did
    They sell Macs (so does Circuit City and Guitar Center of all places) but not software (unless it runs on both a PC and a Mac like the original starcraft for example), and even though the sell Macs, only a few store locations have them. For the most part you'd need to order them from bestbuy.com

Quote Originally Posted by PJMania View Post
    They sell Macs (so does Circuit City and Guitar Center of all places) but not software (unless it runs on both a PC and a Mac like the original starcraft for example), and even though the sell Macs, only a few store locations have them. For the most part you'd need to order them from bestbuy.com
    OK I was not sure, I know they kicked them out a while ago and then I heard because the sales were so high they came back.

I am used to seeing Mac software because I shop at CompUSA and they have a dedicated Mac section with new computers and the newest software.

But I think the next 2 years will at least make the Mac a viable platform since OSX is not nerely the memory hog Windows is, and with ID making its own game engine then you wont have to worry about people "porting" things over when they can just use ID's stuff (similar to how people use the Unreal Engine)

If so since PC games now seem to be cheaper then console editions, that might be the one to get
    Tell me about it! I got Spider-Man 3 for PC for nearly free!!! $8.50 at Best Buy with a $10 movie snack coupon. And THAT is one of the big reasons I'm still a PC gamer.

Hiji
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

We were all just talking about the lack of puzzle/adventure games, well this looks promising

Secret Files makes its way to the Wii and DS

Basingstoke, 12th June 2007 - Koch Media has assigned the exclusive production rights in the Secret Files Tunguska PC game to 10TACLE STUDIOS MOBILE (implementation for Nintendo DS) and to Keen Games (implementation for Wii). This fun adventure. leading the player all around the globe, will soon be ready for all owners of Nintendo DS and Wii.

Pete Walentin, Development Director of keen games, stated: "It is a real pleasure to implement one of the best adventures of recent years for Wii in cooperation with Koch Media. We will optimise the controls for Wii Remote and Nunchuk in order to turn a game that is very good already into a 'perfect-match' for Wii."

"Secret Files Tunguska is one of the most successful adventures of recent years. We are happy that we can bring this gaming adventure to a new platform by developing a Nintendo DS version and that we can also enhance it in a useful way with our innovative touch screen control," says Alexandra Gerb, Managing Director of 10TACLE STUDIOS MOBILE.

The Nintendo DS version of Secret Files Tunguska will hit the shops in the 4th quarter of 2007, the Wii implementation is expected to be published in the 1st quarter of 2008
    Here is a screencap from the PC version, if Lucasarts does not step up to the plate I may have to get this out of pure desire to play an adventure game!

OK I was not sure, I know they kicked them out a while ago and then I heard because the sales were so high they came back.

I am used to seeing Mac software because I shop at CompUSA and they have a dedicated Mac section with new computers and the newest software.

But I think the next 2 years will at least make the Mac a viable platform since OSX is not nerely the memory hog Windows is, and with ID making its own game engine then you wont have to worry about people "porting" things over when they can just use ID's stuff (similar to how people use the Unreal Engine)
    Yeah, and that SHOULD drive the cost of Mac games down too when that happens. Ports of games such as Doom 3 cost around $50 when you can get the PC version for like $20...and if the PC version uses DirectX instead of OpenGL, the Mac version runs like crap. Hopefully the Mac could get some big exclusive titles in the future to help attract gamers, but I see that unlikely since even the Windows PC has very few major exclusive titles.

GR81 says:

Quote Originally Posted by hijinio View Post
    Tell me about it! I got Spider-Man 3 for PC for nearly free!!! $8.50 at Best Buy with a $10 movie snack coupon. And THAT is one of the big reasons I'm still a PC gamer.

Hiji
    NICE!!!

And i am more and more convinced about Transformers baby
    It sounds and looks like a great game....it would of been GOLDEN if .... u guys know the rest hehe
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

I own an iMac and MacBook--I don't do much gaming on my computer anyway, only consoles. I AM looking forward to StarCraft 2 though and thankfully, Blizzard makes their games available for both PC and Mac, so I'm happy.
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Matt View Post
    I own an iMac and MacBook--I don't do much gaming on my computer anyway, only consoles. I AM looking forward to StarCraft 2 though and thankfully, Blizzard makes their games available for both PC and Mac, so I'm happy.
    OSX will be getting more games from EA: http://www.2old2play.com/News/EA_Bri...Apple_Mac_OS_X

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

News from around the game world

Sony offers incentives for game stores to sell PS3's and not 360's

Soul Calibur IV Trailer (for 360/PS3)

"Soulcalibur has been a cornerstone franchise for Namco Bandai Games and this latest edition will build upon its legacy of groundbreaking fighting experiences," said Makoto Iwai, exec. VP and COO at Namco Bandai Games America. "With Soulcalibur IV, long-time fans and newcomers to the franchise will be amazed by its visual beauty and intense, pulse pounding weapon combat."

"The latest issue of Famitu brings us a few new details about Soulcalibur IV before EGM drops the real bomb next month. For the hardcore: the game will run at 60FPS and they're currently considering supporting 1080P resolutions -- but it isn't confirmed.

Additionally, the story of Soul Calibur IV will be a continuation of Soul Calibur III, with a twist. Once, a man became a hero using the sword Soul Edge, but his son stole it from him for evil and ends up dying during battle. The hero (father) out of grief, decides to make Soul Calibur. This aspect will apparently will become a key to Soulcalibur 4's story. "

Soul Calibur Legends Update

June 13, 2007 - Following its quiet debut as a blurb hidden away in the back of Famitsu a few weeks back, Bandai Namco has at last unveiled Soul Calibur Legends in full. In addition to a new blowout on this week's Famitsu, Japan's Impress Watch gaming site reports that the game has gone playable for members of the press at the Namco Bandai Editor's Day in San Francisco.

Here's what Famitsu has to say about the game. Described by the magazine as a "gaiden," or "side story" in the series, Legends takes the series away from one on one fights and into 3rd-person "sword-based action," with players facing off against multiple enemies. simultaneously. Enemies consist of past Soul series fighters as well as some new beasts.

The game's main character appears to be newcomer Iska, a mysterious 16-year-old boy of imperial blood who sets out on travel with Siegfried Schtauffen. Siegfried is, of course, a veteran of the Soul Calibur series, and he's joined in Legends by Taki and Mitsurugi. While these latter three are confirmed as playable; we're not so sure about Iska at the moment. We've also been able to discern that Ivy will be a playable character as well.

Players use the Wiimote and nunchuck controllers to control their on-screen counterparts directly. Slashing the Wiimote horizontally or vertically results in respective horizontal and vertical slashes. The nunchuck is used to move your character around and can be shaken for evasion and other special types of movement. Buttons are included for jumping and guarding,

The control scheme will actually change depending on the character, with new playable characters being unveiled as you progress. Your current cast of characters will also grow as you play the game with new weapons and skills.

In addition to combat, players will have to deal with traps and other obstacles in dungeons. Stage layouts contribute to the fight as well; players will want to use height to their advantage.

Bosses also await. Players will be able to select two characters and freely switch between them, Famitsu states in describing one of the boss fights. It's unclear if this is true of the rest of the game.

Soul Calibur Legends is being produced by Jin Okubo and directed by Tetsuya Akatsuka, both familiar names for the series. In comments with the magazine, the two revealed that Legends is designed to be a game that will allow anyone to experience 3D sword combat through a simple control scheme.

Stages of play span five minutes on the low end all the way up to between fifteen and twenty minutes. This may seem like a low number, but Bandai Namco is planning "a considerable number of such stages," according to Akatsuka.

Legends may seem a bit like the strategic mission mode found in previous Soul games. However, according to Akatsuka, there's a big difference. While players could gather weapons to upgrade their characters via past mission modes, the effects of the weapons weren't necessarily clear. In Legends, the effects will be much clearer. For instance, a "flame sword" will come with skills that one would expect of such a sword.

In addition to single player play, Legends will also include multiplayer support. Players will be able to face off against one another and combat enemies cooperatively. While Okubo admits that the method of implementing the multiplayer modes is still under consideration, he expects the game to use a split screen setup in order to allow players to fully become their in-game counterparts.

Famitsu's first look at Soul Calibur Legends includes some slick screenshots which suggest a step up for the series visually from past entries. The game is reportedly 40% complete and is set for Japanese release this winter.

From the videos I watched it seems like its more Marvel UA/X-Men legends because all 4 characters are playable and its a 4 player game (if you are 1 player you control all 4). Johnny Storm also looks good

ign said this about it in one of their previews of an early build:

Both the PS2 and Wii feature up to four player co-op play (the PS2 requires a multitap), so if you have three fantastic friends, or even two and one guy who is kind of a tool but likes to play videogames, you're golden. Of course, the game can also be played solo, where the single player switches between fighters.
    Well, the first game looked like it was going to be X-Men Legends style too, because you switch characters at will with the D pad just like X-ML. And pretty much all of the screenshots and videos they released before the game came out were of the levels where you get to play as all 4. It wasn't until after the game came out, though, that it came to be realized that for the majority of the game you were forced to be only one or two characters at a time that you couldn't pick (but could switch at will like legends).

However...the fact that it's four player multiplayer instead of two player is more reassuring, since that means all four characters probably will be available the whole time, which will be sweet.

And I really, really hope that Johnny actually does turn out to be a decent character this time. In the last game he looked awesome but his attacks were unbelievably weak. He was by far the worst character to play as. Sue actually ended up being the most powerful character. Which was kinda cool because the game's release coincided with the story arc in the comics where Dr. Doom's spirit posessed her body ("I always told you Susan was more powerful than the three of you put together"), but at the same time it was weird because you would expect her to be the most defensive character.

Anyway, I enjoyed the first game, but I hope this one ends up better. I'll definitely be renting this one first, though.

And I FINALLY got to play Spidey 3 for Wii. I haven't gotten very far (just chased down the Lizard for the first time) but I've enjoyed it so far. I can see where all the complaints about the graphics are coming from, but I'm willing to let that slide a bit since the city is so absolutely freakin' huge. It's awesome that they got J.K. Simmons and James Franco to do voices for their characters this time, and Bruce Campbell is always a joy. The web swinging controls are sweet as hell, and using the black suit is really fun and satisfying. It's also really neat that you have to fight to take it off. The combat controls, however, could have been a lot tighter. Swinging the wiimote back and forth just isn't as responsive as a good old button press, and I can never seem to get the dodge to work right. I have to get more time to play it to make a full opinion, but my initial impression is that it's not as good as Spidey 2, but better than that repetitive, monotonous, dumbed down, frustrating mess that was "ultimate" spider-man.
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

And I FINALLY got to play Spidey 3 for Wii.... It's awesome that they got J.K. Simmons and James Franco to do voices for their characters this time, and Bruce Campbell is always a joy.
    Bruce Campbell and JK Simmons make the game, that much is true.

The web swinging controls are sweet as hell, and using the black suit is really fun and satisfying. It's also really neat that you have to fight to take it off. The combat controls, however, could have been a lot tighter. Swinging the wiimote back and forth just isn't as responsive as a good old button press, and I can never seem to get the dodge to work right.
    See I could get dodging and attacks down fine but I had issues with the swinging. And the repetitive nature of the game got to me really bad.

Now for more sales talk (I know several people must loath this part of my posting)

The Wii actually knocked off the DS in Canada

According to NPD for May

Wii 37,300
    DS 35,900
    PlayStation 2 18,200
    PSP 15,000
    Xbox 360 12,300
    PlayStation 3 6,500
    Game Boy Advance 6,100

The US NPD sales are being released tomorrow and Bank of America says the DS will be on top with another 450,000 units and the Wii will follow with 300,000.

GR81 says:

Somebody explain to me why is the ps2 still a top seller????
    You would think users would keep the extra $100 and save up to buy the ps3 since its compatible to ps2 games...

Bruce Campbell and JK Simmons make the game, that much is true.

See I could get dodging and attacks down fine but I had issues with the swinging. And the repetitive nature of the game got to me really bad.

Now for more sales talk (I know several people must loath this part of my posting)

The Wii actually knocked off the DS in Canada

According to NPD for May

Wii 37,300
    DS 35,900
    PlayStation 2 18,200
    PSP 15,000
    Xbox 360 12,300
    PlayStation 3 6,500
    Game Boy Advance 6,100

The US NPD sales are being released tomorrow and Bank of America says the DS will be on top with another 450,000 units and the Wii will follow with 300,000.

Howdy

Nice updates on Soul Calibur Legends. Can't wait for that.

Glad you are enjoying Spider-Man 3 VL, I think the game is wicked

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger Dragon Ranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Sounds sweet. Looks like I will be getting the Wii version. And then hopefully a Wii

Brent

Already got mine paid off. They were giving out full size theatrical posters with reservations, so I went ahead and got it for my Wii. I can't wait to get it!
    The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world.

Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    GR81 says:

Somebody explain to me why is the ps2 still a top seller????
    You would think users would keep the extra $100 and save up to buy the ps3 since its compatible to ps2 games...
    Well I dont know about Canada but in the US it would not be an extra $100, the PS2 sells for $129 ($89 used in game stores) and the PS3 sells for $499-599 depending on which model

Throw in another controller and a few games and you are talking almost $400-500 extra, you could essentially buy a PS2, a Wii AND a DS with games for all 3 and not come close to a price tag of the 360 or PS3 (premium models), controller and a few games. That is the logic anyway amongst parents and casual gamers.

and to boot 2 games stand out , God of War II and Final Fantasy

And since a majority of Wii games so far have been PS2 ports in some way it gives PS2 game sales an increased exposure

Well the no software arguement is something that will never go away because thats just how some people see the world. However with the invention of Boot Camp and being able to install XP and Vista on the new Intel Macs that kinda kills any arguement about software.
    With all due respect I have to disagree. Unless you plan on buying software for BOTH operating systems, you're over spending IMHO. Apple makes a great machine, but if you're going to spend more for one, and then use boot camp, and buy Vista Home Premium, then run Windows programs exclusively, it sort of defeats the purpose of buying a Mac. I know that may sound far fetched to some people, but I've seen that a number of times in my workplace.
    Now for people who like certain applications for Windows, but then others for Mac it's a great feature because you don't have to have two computers at that point.

Yeah but most of the fanboys I know are underaged idiots (age 16 or younger...mainly siblings of friends of mine) and don't even mention customization in their arguments...they just pretty much say "no software and no games run on macs you n00b"...which with gaming returning to the Mac is 100% untrue. Besides. The PowerMac (I don't care if its called the MacPro...PowerMac is a better name) is somewhat customizable and is just as good if not better than anything a DIYer can build on their own for that price.
    Well I agree many a fanboy have been Tweens, and Teens. But I know a few adult fanboys too. Albeit the adult ones arguements' generally aren't written in perjorative 13375p34k. That said I still think most DIY gamers are going to come out paying less thanks to the proliferation of sites like Newegg (Seriously one of the best etailers I've used) and the fact that you can get OEM parts for a fraction of the cost of the boxed UPC retail versions. As long as you're willing to rebuy the OS on your following machine (OEM licenses for the OS are tied to the mobo) it's a big savings ($120 vs. $250). Plus unlike traditional OEM's like Dell, Gateway, HP/Compaq, Acer, etc. You get to get a machine to your exact specs without worrying about bloatware, underclocked parts, assembly line worksmanship, or worrying about not having your OS & Driver discs should something happen to a "Restoration partitioned" hard disk. It's the same reason I like indie builders. I'd recommend Ibuypower, ABS, Falcon Northwest, Monarch, and the like before most mainstream brands to anyone who didn't feel comfortable building their own machine.

But I do agree fanboyism can get out of hand especially when said fanboys don't really have valid information to support their claims or if they don't understand the information they have at their disposal. At least the PC vs. Mac debates aren't as bad as the console vs. console debates.
    That's not to say I haven't met my share of Mac fanboys too (Penny Arcade has a great strip about them from 2002 IYC) but on the whole the Wii/360/PS3 forums wax much more irritating, and idiotic.
    But I digress.

Like I said earlier though having simultaneous game releases on both platforms can only help in the long run. I wonder if the upcoming Enemy Territory is going to come out the same time on both platforms. That's really what needs to happen if they hope to see Mac gaming stage a major resurgence.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

I was just looking into some of the Gamecube games being mentioned in this thread, like Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, and Beyond Good and Evil, and they look pretty good. I would love to play other action adventure games like Zelda, which is pretty much what Sphinx looks like. Are there other good games for GC like that as well? Eternal Darkness sounds pretty good too, and I saw a few videos and it has some pretty good cut scenes. I'll have to look at a few gameplay vids too. I've also come across Star Fox Adventures (I avoided all star fox games because I thought they were all plane shooters), and Star Wars Bounty Hunters. I'll see if I can pick up some of these games.

On another note, I finished Red Steel yesterday. Or at least I think I did. After the credits it said I was still only 76% done. Is this because it may not have saved after I was done, kind of like Twilight Princess? Has anybody else finished the game? Are there some missions that I missed?

Anyways, the game is overall pretty good. The controls are wonderful for the most part, although the zoom needs work. I don't think the level design was too great. You didn't really get to know the levels since you were just passing by everything for the most part. The enemies were usually sparse, but I loved it during those few times where there were a pile of guys shooting at you. I even avoided disarming the gang leaders near the end of the game to get some fun out of it, instead of having everyone surrender.

The sword fighting was not that great at times. Some people would just do a strong attack every time, so all you had to do was dodge and then strike. But there were a few that were really tough since they mixed the strong attack with consecutive quicker ones. Some of your special moves were a little complicated as well, so I didn't use them in battle. I only used the simpler ones that were easier to remember.

The story was also pretty weak and the cut-scenes were terrible, as was most of the voice acting, but I won't take off marks because those are just extras I feel. If those things are all great, then it adds to the experience, but the most important thing is gameplay and having fun while you're actually playing the game. In that respect, I had fun with the game, but if it did not have Wii controls then this game would be terrible. It's also somewhat short. So with that in mind, I'd give it about a 7/10. I would only recommend this game if you can get if for cheap and if there isn't a much better FPS game out there. Considering I got it for $39.99 (reg. $59.99 CDN), I am relatively happy with it. I will play through it again just because the controls are great.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

According to NPD for May

Wii 37,300
    DS 35,900
    PlayStation 2 18,200
    PSP 15,000
    Xbox 360 12,300
    PlayStation 3 6,500
    Game Boy Advance 6,100

Where can I get to this NPD data online?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hijinio View Post
    Where can I get to this NPD data online?

thanks!
    To get into the official press releases you have to be a member of NPD, its similar to Billboard where you have to pay to gain access to the detailed info

But once the press release comes out you can find it quoted in most financial places

The Canadian sales data posted above comes from gamespot here:
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6172464...stnews;title;0

Tomorrow there should be the release of the US sales for May which Bank of America analyst passed their predictions to investors this week. Gamespot and IGN should cover those quite thoroughly

Now for people who like certain applications for Windows, but then others for Mac it's a great feature because you don't have to have two computers at that point
    That would be me, I cant live without my DVD Studio Pro and Final Cut Pro apps on the Mac and by being able to go to Vista or OS X with a single boot it makes my office and equipment smaller in price and size. I have always owned both machines because I am very much a believer in getting what it takes to do the job right. With the advent of bootcamp its like my prayers were answered because what I did use of the PC was very little, not enough to warrant a $$$$ (which is why I still have a P3 800mhz for my PC work). Plus with OS X I can use apps I have been using since 2000 (with the death of OS 9.2), I still use Final Cut Pro 3 and Apple DVD Studio Pro 2 and 3 even though I could have easily spent more money. I find with Microsoft OS upgrades I always have to spend more money because something does not translate to the new OS.

ut I do agree fanboyism can get out of hand especially when said fanboys don't really have valid information to support their claims or if they don't understand the information they have at their disposal. At least the PC vs. Mac debates aren't as bad as the console vs. console debates.
    That's not to say I haven't met my share of Mac fanboys too (Penny Arcade has a great strip about them from 2002 IYC) but on the whole the Wii/360/PS3 forums wax much more irritating, and idiotic.
    But I digress.
    We agree 100% I get so tired of going to boards like gamefaqs or reading comments on game sites/game blogs which have the most retarded and uninformed fanboys in the world. I mean they consider themselves "gamers" but yet know next to nothing besides what they think is cool. I mean this thread is called the Console "War" thread but a majority of us are fans of all the systems. Personally I like the Gamecube and Wii, but I own a PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox and when the financial times are right a 360 (doubtful I will get a PS3 given how much I played my PS2). In the end though its always about the games, regardless of what platform.

I was just looking into some of the Gamecube games being mentioned in this thread, like Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, and Beyond Good and Evil, and they look pretty good. I would love to play other action adventure games like Zelda, which is pretty much what Sphinx looks like. Are there other good games for GC like that as well? Eternal Darkness sounds pretty good too, and I saw a few videos and it has some pretty good cut scenes. I'll have to look at a few gameplay vids too.
    Eternal Darkness is one of the best games ever made, there would be no Too Human on 360 if there was not Eternal Darkness. It was and will always be one of Silicon Knights greatest games and the story is just solid the entire way through. It originated as a N64 game and was moved over to the Gamecube and the time spent shines through. The insanity effects and the use of magic at any given time still rivals games today even though its over 4 years old. Personally I think it rivals Zelda Wind Waker and Resident Evil 4 and stands in at least a Top 10 of Gamecube games.

I recommend to everyone who has a Wii and did not get a Gamecube to pick this game up, Silicon Knights has said they were not done with the Eternal Darkness universe and intend to finish it (when is up in the air as it takes them about 3-5 years to finish one game).

But the trifecta of underrated games on the Gamecube is Eternal Darkness, Beyond Good and Evil, and Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. Only Eternal Darkness was exclusive, the others were avail on the major platforms. They are all fairly cheap (I think they just reissued Eternal Darkness for $19.99 as a Players Choice) and you probably could find good deals on ebay for them.

Did anyone else download Prince of Persia Classic today from the Xbox Live Marketplace? This game is great! I didn't get into the PoP series until the Sands of Time trilogy, and this remake of the original is great for those, who like me, tried the original for the first time after the 3 previous games, but found it REALLY difficult. I'm loving it!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Eternal Darkness is one of the best games ever made, there would be no Too Human on 360 if there was not Eternal Darkness. It was and will always be one of Silicon Knights greatest games and the story is just solid the entire way through. It originated as a N64 game and was moved over to the Gamecube and the time spent shines through. The insanity effects and the use of magic at any given time still rivals games today even though its over 4 years old. Personally I think it rivals Zelda Wind Waker and Resident Evil 4 and stands in at least a Top 10 of Gamecube games.

I recommend to everyone who has a Wii and did not get a Gamecube to pick this game up, Silicon Knights has said they were not done with the Eternal Darkness universe and intend to finish it (when is up in the air as it takes them about 3-5 years to finish one game).

But the trifecta of underrated games on the Gamecube is Eternal Darkness, Beyond Good and Evil, and Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. Only Eternal Darkness was exclusive, the others were avail on the major platforms. They are all fairly cheap (I think they just reissued Eternal Darkness for $19.99 as a Players Choice) and you probably could find good deals on ebay for them.
    Howdy

I would just like to back up what has been said here. Eternal Darknes IS one of the best games ever made. It has a phenomenal story, excellent voice acting (unlike Resi and Silent Hill) and what makes it so engrossing is that what you are playing is what the lead female protaginist (Alex Roivas) is reading, so what happens to the individual character you are playing as is already decided and you are leading them to something you cannot change.

The insanity effects are superbly implemented and are very creepy. Children laughing, blood dripping out of the walls etc...not nice.

But this game and you won't regret it.

Beyond Good and Evil is also another lost classic that I would put up there with the Zelda series. Quality graphics, a brilliant story, amazing music, some fantastic set pieces and a superb fight system all make this game one of the best games of all time.

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

GR81 says:

Its about the same price in Canada....
    What i meant to say is why not keep the $129 and get the remaining $500 to get the ps3....even if this means saving up for a while to get to $600.

But i understand ur theorie, but again, its almost like me getting a gamecube cuz its less expensive, more fun games and more available...I would rather wait/same up for the Wii since its compatible with GC and i would at least have the latest console, not a dead or soon to be dead console.

It would have been the same scenario if i was interested in the PS3

Well I dont know about Canada but in the US it would not be an extra $100, the PS2 sells for $129 ($89 used in game stores) and the PS3 sells for $499-599 depending on which model

Throw in another controller and a few games and you are talking almost $400-500 extra, you could essentially buy a PS2, a Wii AND a DS with games for all 3 and not come close to a price tag of the 360 or PS3 (premium models), controller and a few games. That is the logic anyway amongst parents and casual gamers.

and to boot 2 games stand out , God of War II and Final Fantasy

And since a majority of Wii games so far have been PS2 ports in some way it gives PS2 game sales an increased exposure