Page 96 of 351 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 8774

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    And the repetitive nature of the game got to me really bad.
    It couldn't possibly be as repetetive as "Ultimate" Spidey, could it?

I mean that game literally went like this:

Go from Peter's house to the city.
    Cutscene.
    Go to marker.
    Cutscene.
    Frustrating as all hell villain chase.
    Cutscene.
    Boss fight.
    Cutscene.
    Venom mission.

Repeat that pattern ad nauseum for about 50 times or until you want to smash the game disc with a sledgehammer. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    I was just looking into some of the Gamecube games being mentioned in this thread, like Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, and Beyond Good and Evil, and they look pretty good. I would love to play other action adventure games like Zelda, which is pretty much what Sphinx looks like. Are there other good games for GC like that as well? Eternal Darkness sounds pretty good too, and I saw a few videos and it has some pretty good cut scenes. I'll have to look at a few gameplay vids too. I've also come across Star Fox Adventures (I avoided all star fox games because I thought they were all plane shooters), and Star Wars Bounty Hunters. I'll see if I can pick up some of these games.
    Eternal Darkness is easily one of the best video games ever made. Definitely one of the top five Gamecube titles, IMO (Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime, Eternal Darkness, Star Wars Rogue Leader, Resident Evil remake). I cannot reccommend that game highly enough. You can definitely tell, graphics wise, that it was originally supposed to be a Nintendo 64 game, but believe me once you start playing it you won't care. The story is incredibly engaging, the atmosphere is phenomenal, gameplay is incredible...I can't say enough good things about this game. I so hope they do make a sequel some day.

I avoided Dinosaur Planet (I refuse to call that game a Star Fox title) because it wasn't a real Star Fox game. But if you're looking for an adventure title then I'm sure you'd probably like it.

Star Wars Bounty Hunter is a pretty neat little title. It's a lot more difficult than you would expect a Star Wars title to be, but if you can stand to make it through the whole thing the story payoff is really neat, because it ties right in to Episode 2. It's definitely a game for die-hard Star Wars fans, though. If you're only a casual fan you probably will have a hard time following what's going on. And it's not so much an adventure game as it is a run-and-gun with some really difficult jumping puzzles.

Metroid Prime is an incredible game. Even though it's played from a first-person perspective it is NOT an FPS (if only they would have remembered that for the sequel). It is very much a true Metroid title, which is a sci-fi adventure game at it's best. Until Twilight Princess came out this game was in my opinion the single greatest Gamecube game.

And then of course there's Zelda. Wind Waker was a GREAT game. Yes it looks like a kiddy game, but once you actually start playing it you realize that no, it isn't a kiddy title, and that the cell shaded graphics actually really complement the gameplay. It's very different from the other Zelda games, but not so different that it doesn't feel like a Zelda title (*cough* majora's mask *cough*). The sailing can be boring, and the back end of the game really drags when you have to search for the triforce pieces (which sadly should have been the best part of the game), but aside from that it's a really great game and I definitely reccomend it.

And then of course Twilight Princess is definitely the best Gamecube game, hands down (IMO of course). The plot is probably the weakest of all the Zelda games, unfortunately (which is why Ocarina is still superior), but the gameplay is PHENOMENAL. And after a decade of waiting, it was fantastic to finally get a proper follow up to Ocarina (I'm still mad over how much majora's mask completely sucked, and like I said wind waker was great but really different). I prefer the Gamecube version over the Wii one because the combat controls on the Wii are incredibly unresponsive in comparison. And the Wii version is mirrored, which is really weird and gives me a headache. Plus Link has always been left-handed, and seeing him right-handed on the Wii was just wrong.

I haven't gotten to play them, but I hear the Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy is really great.

I'm sure there's another game I should reccommend, but it's not coming to me at the moment.
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

Quote Originally Posted by GR81
    Its about the same price in Canada....
    What i meant to say is why not keep the $129 and get the remaining $500 to get the ps3....even if this means saving up for a while to get to $600.

But i understand ur theorie, but again, its almost like me getting a gamecube cuz its less expensive, more fun games and more available...I would rather wait/same up for the Wii since its compatible with GC and i would at least have the latest console, not a dead or soon to be dead console.

It would have been the same scenario if i was interested in the PS3
    I think a lot of people will save the $500 for it but I know most people I talk to are waiting for a price drop or some future games announcement that does not revolve around.

• Metal Gear Solid
    • Final Fantasy
    • FPS Games (Call of Duty 4, Killzone 2 come to mind)
    • Fighting Games (They already have Tekken 5, VF5, and now Soul Calibur IV)

To most people the list of upcoming games is not enough to splurge, now a price drop and actual release dates (I now hear FF and MGS wont be till 2008) may get more people to leave the PS2.

E3 will give us a better indication as Sony is promising 100 games on PS3 by 12/31

Quote Originally Posted by VaderLives View Post
    It couldn't possibly be as repetetive as "Ultimate" Spidey, could it?

I mean that game literally went like this:

Go from Peter's house to the city.
    Cutscene.
    Go to marker.
    Cutscene.
    Frustrating as all hell villain chase.
    Cutscene.
    Boss fight.
    Cutscene.
    Venom mission.

Repeat that pattern ad nauseum for about 50 times or until you want to smash the game disc with a sledgehammer. Ugh.
    Thats how I felt about the bomb level at the beginning of Spiderman 3

You can definitely tell, graphics wise, that it was originally supposed to be a Nintendo 64 game, but believe me once you start playing it you won't care. The story is incredibly engaging, the atmosphere is phenomenal, gameplay is incredible...I can't say enough good things about this game. I so hope they do make a sequel some day.
    Yeah I agree, Eternal Darkness was seriously gameplay over graphics. I mean I dont even remember what the game looked like to be honest but I can tell you all the stories that happened and how cool it was to have to manage your insanity and cast spells to heal yourself (as well as keep yourself from going crazy). My major interest in life is History (its what I am spending $100k+ to get a phd in) and so for me Eternal Darkness was the greatest game as it let you go through different periods of time and live out things you usually see in cut scenes. Silicon Knights are masters of storytelling which is why I look forward to Too Human on the 360.

And I will patiently wait for the day there is a sequel, Dennis Dyack has said there will be one and I am almost 100% sure it will be on whatever Nintendo system is around (Nintendo still owns a nice chunk of Silicon Knights btw).

I'm sure there's another game I should reccommend, but it's not coming to me at the moment.
    Well we could go on and on depending on the genre of game, I think you got all the action/adventure games covered sans Mario Sunshine which is a really deep adventure game but the premise turned a lot of people off.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

The Wii. Great for babies.

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    I was just looking into some of the Gamecube games being mentioned in this thread, like Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, and Beyond Good and Evil, and they look pretty good. I would love to play other action adventure games like Zelda, which is pretty much what Sphinx looks like. Are there other good games for GC like that as well? Eternal Darkness sounds pretty good too, and I saw a few videos and it has some pretty good cut scenes. I'll have to look at a few gameplay vids too. I've also come across Star Fox Adventures (I avoided all star fox games because I thought they were all plane shooters), and Star Wars Bounty Hunters. I'll see if I can pick up some of these games.
    Howdy

(I to have a 76.00% completion rate on Red Steel).

Good Gamecube games:

Super Mario Sunshine
    Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
    Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
    Beyond Good and Evil
    XIII (if your into FPS)
    Resident Evil 1 and 4
    Zelda: Wind Waker
    Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Metroid Prime and MP2 Echoes

Starfox Adventures is alright, not nearly in the same league as Zelda mind but it is an enjoyable if very repetitive romp...with some atrocious voices. All the dinosaurs sound like they come from Cornwall, the big stone statue has a really bad Scottish accent...but Prince Tricky is the worst.....

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Aha! I knew there was another adventure game for Gamecube I forgot: The Hobbit. That game was really fun, looked nice (a bit cartoony, but it fit the game. then again it was orininally a children's book, as well), and stayed remarkably true to the source material. Well, as true as you can be while adapting it into an adventure game, that is. It's not as deep as say Zelda, and the lockpicking does get to be repetetive, but overall it's an incredibly fun game. Only real downside is that it's sometimes tricky to tell when you're getting hit, because the sound effect is really quiet and it doesn't rumble very much. And it was kinda disappointing that the encounter with Gollum is relegated to a single cutscene. But if you're in the mood for a fun adventure game I'd definitely reccommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu
    Thats how I felt about the bomb level at the beginning of Spiderman 3
    Yeah, but that was just the very beginning level of the game. What I mean is that with "Ultimate" the ENTIRE GAME was that same pattern of events over and over and over and over again. Ugh. That game looked great but the gameplay was terrible. At least Spidey 3 seems to be fun so far.

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

If this actually works it may get me to finally get a 360

MS Using New Heat Sinks to Alleviate 360 Failures
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by shigsy2003 View Post
    Howdy
    Good Gamecube games:

Super Mario Sunshine
    Resident Evil 1 and 4
    Zelda: Wind Waker
    Zelda: Twilight Princess

Chris M
    I agree with that, even though the wind waker was pretty boring with all the sailing around. The Hobbit was very, very fun...and one to add IMO is Star Wars Rogue Leader (#2 I think....the one that debuted with the system...it is awesome). Can't forget Mario Kart. (I've missed out on some of this thread, so I have no idea why this got posted....so if it's irrelavant, don't worry about it)

Quick edit..the games I deleted out of your list, are ones I never played so I have no opinion on.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Star Wars Rogue Leader (#2 I think....the one that debuted with the system...it is awesome).
    It still boggles my mind that Rouge Leader: Rouge Squadrom II came out "at launch", if Factor 5 could create that beauty with the Gamecube I just cant wait to see the final version of Lair for the PS3!

I think more than anything for fans of the Gamecube is the idea that Factor 5 spent the time to figure out tricks and ways to make a game look good, and in 5-7 years I think only Nintendo and Capcom have been able to rival them.

Its just a shame Factor 5 is not doing anything for the Wii, I know in a recent interview their president said they would like to do a game in the future because they have some ideas about how to utilize the controls that nobody is looking at.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Its just a shame Factor 5 is not doing anything for the Wii, I know in a recent interview their president said they would like to do a game in the future because they have some ideas about how to utilize the controls that nobody is looking at.
    Rogue Leader for the Wii, that would be amazing. Someone needs to use the force and get that ball rolling lol
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (hiissssssss)

I am all for new games like Brain Age and more casual offerings but this game looked really promising

Project H.A.M.M.E.R Cancelled?

US, June 14, 2007 - Insiders close to development studio NST allege to IGN that the software company's Wii action title, tentatively titled Project H.A.M.M.E.R., has been terminated by publisher Nintendo. Sources further claim that the team formerly working on the title is now underway with one or more efforts that fall into the "expanded audience" lineup of games.

We placed calls to Nintendo of America for an official confirmation or denial, but the subsidiary did not get back to us in time for publish.

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. was debuted at the Electronics Entertainment Expo 2006 in interactive form. The game starred players as a powerful half man and half machine fighter who, armed with a giant hammer, could obliterate any robot enemies in his path. Gamers gestured downward with the Wii remote in a simulated hammer smash to wield the weapon.

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. was last seen at E3 2006. The game's release date remains listed on Nintendo's official press site as "TBA," or to be announced.

Our sources were unable to provide a reason for the alleged termination. However, IGN Wii has heard separately that Nintendo is actively re-working some traditional games so that they are more accessible by casual players. If it is truly canned, Project H.A.M.M.E.R. may have become a casualty of Wii's newfound success in the mainstream market.

Readers are reminded that this rumor is currently unsubstantiated by official Nintendo sources. We'll keep you posted with any updates they become available.

Link: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/796/796612p1.html

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I agree with that, even though the wind waker was pretty boring with all the sailing around. The Hobbit was very, very fun...and one to add IMO is Star Wars Rogue Leader (#2 I think....the one that debuted with the system...it is awesome). Can't forget Mario Kart. (I've missed out on some of this thread, so I have no idea why this got posted....so if it's irrelavant, don't worry about it)

Quick edit..the games I deleted out of your list, are ones I never played so I have no opinion on.
    Howdy

Rogue Leader was a cracking game. Wind Waker mostly annoyed me when you had to search for the Triforce pieces.

Another good game for the Cube: Spider-Man 2

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (hiissssssss)

I am all for new games like Brain Age and more casual offerings but this game looked really promising

Project H.A.M.M.E.R Cancelled?
    Meh, it won't bother me, how long can smashing things with a hammer stay fun?

Chris M
    Last edited by shigsy2003; June 14, 2007 at 05:46pm.
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Thanks for all the info on the Gamecube games guys. I will definitely look into the games mentioned here that I don't already have. And being a LOTR fan, I will look into the Hobbit as well, since I think an adventure game would be perfect for LOTR. I'll have to update my "want list" now
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu
    It still boggles my mind that Rouge Leader: Rouge Squadrom II came out "at launch", if Factor 5 could create that beauty with the Gamecube I just cant wait to see the final version of Lair for the PS3!
    And I remember reading an interview where the producer said that they only had about half the time they usually have to work with to make that game!

Rogue Leader is by far the best Star Wars game I've ever played, and one of my top five favorite video games, period. Best launch title ever (because I don't like the wii version of twilight princess).

It was a damn shame that, with the exception of the speeder bike level, Rebel Strike was such a severe let down. I so, so, SO hope they make another Rogue Squadron game for the Wii.

And yeah, Spider-Man 2 is definitely one of my favorite Gamecube games. Best superhero game ever (with the first x-men legends a close second). And the plot was SO much better than the movie.

And whoever mentioned XIII, I completely agree. That game was great. It sucks that it didn't do well, because the ending SO begs for a sequel, and it really sucks that it's not going to happen.

Geist was a pretty neat game too. Not the greatest FPS in the world - it actually needed to have more FPS sections and not just puzzles the whole time - but it was a really neat concept and fun for what it was. Plus I ended up picking it up for $10 new at toys r us, so you can't beat that.

Come to think of it, I actually don't think I ever got around to finishing that game...

Has anybody played Medal of Honor: Vanguard for Wii? Is it any good? I am so itching to play a full first person shooter on the Wii (the little sections in Rayman, Wii Play, and Wario Ware are such a tease!), but I don't know which one to check out first: Red Steel, Call of Duty, or MoH. I'm kind of leaning toward MoH because I know that franchise and haven't yet been disappointed with it, but I don't know.
    Last edited by VaderLives; June 14, 2007 at 09:05pm.

-Harvey Dent

Has anybody played Medal of Honor: Vanguard for Wii? Is it any good? I am so itching to play a full first person shooter on the Wii (the little sections in Rayman, Wii Play, and Wario Ware are such a tease!), but I don't know which one to check out first: Red Steel, Call of Duty, or MoH. I'm kind of leaning toward MoH because I know that franchise and haven't yet been disappointed with it, but I don't know.
    IGN said it was better then Call of Duty which is generally regard as better than Red Steel, they said it took hits for graphics. I did not like Call of Duty and loved Red Steel but have not been able to rent MOH yet.

And as promised last night, sales data for May in the US!

May NPD Sales Data

1. NDS 423k
    2. Wii 338K
    3. PSP 221,120K
    4. PS2 187,765K
    5. X360 155K
    6. PS3 81,604
    7. GBA 80,554
    8. Gamecube 10,728

The PS3 beat the GBA by less then 1500 units and look at thet PS2 just keep chugging!

Here are the Top 10 games for May

1.Pokemon Diamond—DS—Nintendo 331k (Has now sold 2 million in US)
    2.Mario Party 8—Wii—Nintendo
    3.Spider-Man 3—PS2—Activision
    4.Pokemon Pearl—DS—Nintendo
    5.Wii Play w/remote—Wii—Nintendo
    6.Forza Motorsport 2—Xbox 360—Microsoft
    7.Guitar Hero II w/guitar—Xbox 360—Activision
    8.Spider-Man 3—Xbox 360—Activision
    9.Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars—Xbox 360—Electronic Arts
    10.Guitar Hero II w/guitar—PS2—Activision

I can't find anything anywhere except on a few fan sites, a broken link on IGN, but for any old school Power Rangers fans, it may just be a rumor, but Wii, DS, and PS2 seem to be getting Power Rangers Super Legends. If it's more than a rumor, then it's morphin time.

EDIT: you can preorder it
    http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...54950412&BAB=E
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

Quote Originally Posted by VaderLives View Post
    I haven't gotten to play them, but I hear the Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy is really great.
    I've recently bought all 3 of those games for my PS2 (I'm sure they play the same no matter which system you choose) and so far I've beat the first one and I'm about 90% done with the second.
    Out of the first two games, I would say I prefer Sands of Time over Warrior Within. The first one has a little bit more of a grand scale, and a true classic adventure feel. They're both great, but I think the second one loses a little something with it's slightly darker tone.
    I've heard the third one is outstanding and more like Sands of Time, so I'm looking forward playing it.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERHEMANMIKE View Post
    I've heard the third one is outstanding and more like Sands of Time, so I'm looking forward playing it.
    Just dont get the Wii version, Ubisoft removed blood and some content (for what reason nobody knows for sure), even though all that content is present in the Gamecube version.

This bodes well for those wanting a PS3, and it could make Q4 2007 very interesting if the Xbox360 drops in price and the Wii actually releases its "Big 3"

Sony CEO Stringer Promises To “Refine” PS3 Price Before Christmas

I am very impressed he made this statement:

Howard was also asked about the continuing success of the Wii, which outsold both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 combined last month in the U.S., saying that it was based on a “very good business model”. However, he implied that the two consoles were not competing, but were instead “complementary and supplementary”.
    Thats the way I tend to look at this "war", I mean its nice (incredible even, for those of us who thought the Gamecube was the best "game" console last gen) to see Nintendo actually leading given how much crap they took going back to the Gamecube. But at the same time I know a lot of us will probably own either 2 or all 3 of the machines by the end. From reading this thread a lot of us who skipped the 360 are waiting for a machine that is proven it wont die, and the PS3 fans are waiting for the PS2 to die and the PS3 to come down from its $550-600 price tag.

Also here is the first review for Fantastic Four 2, it looks as if there is multiplayer like Marvel UA just not done as well. Though the reviewer never talks about the graphics or the controls. Still looks like its a promising change from the 1st movies game

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=77764

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    I applaud what he says, but then he also states:

“I think I would be the first to say to you that Nintendo Wii has been a successful enterprise and a very good business model compared to ours… because it’s cheaper.” - Sony CEO Sir Howard Stringer

When Mr. Stringer was asked about the possibility of the Wii selling better because people are having more fun with it, he responded…

“No, no, no. Fun is in the eye of the experiencer.”

Firstly, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that if the PS3 was priced at about $299, it would give Wii a run for it's money. That being said, The Wii is a successful enterprise not just because it's cheaper, but because it reaches out to an audience that wouldn't have purchased the PS3 or the 360. And come on...the Wii IS selling better because kids and adults are having FUN with Wii Sports. We saw it at E3 and we saw it during the holidays. No way can he say the oppposite.

The Playstation 2 was successful because of the games and because it was considered a cheap DVD player back when it first released. The Playstation brand always had a serious vibe to it just as the XBOX brand entails more of a PC-gamer experience and the Nintendo brand as a family-oriented experience.

As for the price drop...I have to ask you guys...would you buy a PS3 if it was $400?

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    As for the price drop...I have to ask you guys...would you buy a PS3 if it was $400?
    That would be a fine price point for me ($399) because I mean I paid $290 for my Wii and I paid almost that much for the first Xbox.

But there has to be the games, right now there is nothing and I mean nothing on PS3 that interests me to upgrade my PS2. Maybe at E3 or near Christmas that will change but if they announced this morning it was down to $399 it would still be a few months off purchase.

What got me to buy the XBox was Halo, hands down. The 360 has 2 games that really interest me, one is Gears of War, the other is Lost Planet.

Ninja Gaiden does not interest me much but Lair does, but Lairs not out yet.

I think is Sony lowered the price and added maybe a demo disc or a PS2 game and a cheap blu-ray movie (I mean god anything from the Blu-Ray bargain bin) it would go a long way to getting impulse buyers which is where the true money of sales comes from (just look at the DS sales).

But from the recent interviews it sounds as if Sony has realized their approach was not working and you cant act like King of the Mountain when you are looking up from the bottom.

I mean if sales trends remained the same for 3 more months the Wii would only be trailing the 360 in global sales by under 400,000-500,000 because it currently gains 100k to 200k in the US every month and gains 200k-300k in Japan each month so you are talking at potentially gaining 500k units every month of the year. Some estimates have the Wii trailing Microsoft by 2 million units with MS having had the 1 year head start.

Of course if Microsoft dropped their price then Nintendo would feel the effects because I am not sure if I had to choose between a 360 that was $50 more and a Wii I would go for the 360 (at least until games like SSBB, Metroid Prime 3, and Mario come out). To play devils advocate, if the Wii decided to drop its price $30 then the playing field would be exactly the way it is now and probably entice more people to get a Wii because at $220 you could get one of the launch games and essentially have 2 games with the system for the same price as a bare bones price dropped Xbox.

GR81 says:

Where can i find good reviews of the Fantastic Four 2 game for the Wii?
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    GR81 says:

Where can i find good reviews of the Fantastic Four 2 game for the Wii?
    I am looking for that myself, I have only seen two as of this morning and both were very generic and did not even talk about the Wii controls/etc.

Gamefaqs boards have people talking about it and like most Wii games it seems that you either love it or hate it.

I am hoping ign or gamespot provides a in depth review tonight, IGN is supposed to be posting their Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix review Monday or Tuesday as well.

Did anybody here buy it? From what I have read it plays like Marvel UA but is not as tight in the controls or graphics.

Couple questions about the Spidey 3 game, the Wii version in particular...

What's the deal with the whole "play through one of five storylines" thing they talk about on the back of the box? Becaue it's not like the instruction booklet tells you anything (honestly, that was the most useless instruction book EVER). After you beat the normal game does it give you other plots to play through (which would be great)? Or is that just a really, really deceptive way of saying that it's the "plot" of the movie as well as having Lizard, Kraven, Shriek, and Morbius in it?

This ties in with that last one, but I'm in the progress of playing through it and when last I stopped Venom had just been born, so I know it's nearing the end of the movie story, but it says I'm only 42% complete. Are they counting all of the collectable items (of which I've only found like 3 things) and all the gang war stuff in that percentage, or is there more after the movie story is over?

Is the rumor that you get to play as Venom once you find all 100 meteorite pieces true? And if so, is there a guide anywhere saying where they all are? I've found 3 so far and that's it.

-Harvey Dent

I'm looking forward to that Harry Potter review. I'm definitely getting that game when it comes out so I hope it is really good.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

I generally don't buy many games based off of films because they generally suck so I can't help you. I can say that Spidey 3 seems like an exception to the rule, every version seems to have gotten decent reviews.

I can tell you however DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES play/buy the Shrek III game. It's almost as bad as the Cat in the Hat tie in from a few years ago I had the misfortune of getting the PC version's demo at work, as well as seeing the various console demos at various stores around town. You can't control the camera at all, and it's probably one of the worst button mashers this side of Fighting Force. Certainly not worth the asking price of $60 for the Wii/360/PS3 version or the $40 asking price for PC gamers.

In other news Halo nuts on the forums may like this bit of news:

McFarlane to make brittle statuesque HALO TOYS
    Last edited by TheDeviot; June 18, 2007 at 05:40pm.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Wow, I knew ign said Zack and Wiki had potential but they are saying its as great as Eternal Darkness. In last weeks podcast they said they were going to try and put an entire level online so we could all see how the game works (they said it might be 15-20min long).

Buy Zack and Wiki Campaign by IGN

To me this quote sums up how I feel about the current state of popular gaming

And there's no blood, F-bombs or dead hookers, either - all integral ingredients to today's most popular efforts.
    And in Smash Bros news, this is Links final smash (we have seen pics of Marios already)