Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evil-Lyn "painting"

Evil-Lyn "painting"

I wanted to try to "paint" something in photoshop, just to see if I could (Beana and Prime's work has been really inspirational to me in the "painting with photoshop" department). I found a photo of this freaky girl and thought she might work out well as Evil-lyn (she looks a little like she's going to bite someone, I think). I could probably do another pass on it with tighter details, but I think I developed a bad case of arthiritis since I started it. ( I'm not even kidding) Hope you enjoy!

---
    Original Version:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by osgood; July 14, 2006 at 10:32pm.

WOW! Evil-Lyn is beautiful, I love the design of her chest-plate!!!!
    My book "Musings from the Lips of a Dark Rose " is out : http://www.amazon.com/Musings-Lips-D...&redirect=true
    YAYAYAYAY!!!!
    I'm in heaven!!!

Ooo...she looks absolutely vicious! Evil-Lyn is pure poison.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Oh very nice! Love the expression on her face!!

You show a lot of skill here, I like the direction you have taken. Very nice! If I could make one suggestion, I would recommend aligning her the tip of left eye with the extent of her nostril. Her eyes seem just a little too far apart. You can see what I mean with the quickfix I've attached. (Hope you don't mind.) Otherwise I think it's perfect! Keep up the awesome work.

Exellent.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

This pic is fantastic, Osgood!! And the colors really make it come to life.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Thanks for all the kind words. I did an updated version (top of the page) with some smoke to add a little bit more mystery (and because I wanted to try some effects out--I've almost exclusively been using transparency settings to do effects, and wanted to give a more hands-on approach a try)

Goatman: good thinking. (I love that you made that image animated, too!) I have a weird asthetic with wide set eyes, especially when I'm doing more cartoonish stuff, but this is definitely not supposed to be cartoonish. Thanks for taking the time to point that out.

Great work! I always love to see an artist spend some time on my favorite girl.

By the way... is her crotch smoking in the first picture!? I guess SKELETOR's been busy!!!
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

That's not bad man!
    But you got some anatomical issues if I may, that you could correct.
    You could soften up her face a little bit as it's a bit harsh.
    What would really help is if you whitened her teeth and they weren't as detailed.
    Evil Lyn is still meant to be beautiful and one thing that really makes her evil and lovely is the severe arch on her eyebrows. You haven't given her that at all. I'd lift those eyebrows higher on her forehead.

I also think her boobs are a bit unsubstancial for Evil Lyn!

My humble opinion for what it's worth!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy
    That was part of the appeal for me.

Very nice, Osgood! I like the ferocity you gave her.

Excellent painting!

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

Pig Boy: thanks for the comments. Could you elaborate on the anatomical issues? Looking at it again her upper arm may be a tad on the long side. I'm not sure, though. I'm a little too familiar with the piece by now.

About the other stuff--I definitely did the sharpness in her face on purpose. As I see it all the women in Eternia are beautiful so they need something defining about them so that don't look the same. (Although, they do in the cartoon). I will try making her teeth a little whiter looking, though. She seems like she might be a neat freak from the way Beastman grosses her out in one of those first season 2002 episodes.

Her breasts could probably be larger as well. I did lower the cut of her uniform rather significantly, though.

That's not bad man!
    But you got some anatomical issues if I may, that you could correct.
    What would really help is if you whitened her teeth and they weren't as detailed.
    Evil Lyn is still meant to be beautiful and one thing that really makes her evil and lovely is the severe arch on her eyebrows. You haven't given her that at all. I'd lift those eyebrows higher on her forehead.

I also think her boobs are a bit unsubstancial for Evil Lyn!

Hey, she kinda looks like Uma Thurma, no?
    Graet work!
    Waz fo' lunsh?

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    That's astonishing that you did that work in Photoshop, and on your first attempt even!

I'm always curious to ask this: do you use a mouse or a an electronic touch-pad like a Wacom?

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot
    That's astonishing that you did that work in Photoshop, and on your first attempt even!

I'm always curious to ask this: do you use a mouse or a an electronic touch-pad like a Wacom?
    If yer serious s about digital painting and colouring, then you must have a tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by osgood
    Pig Boy: thanks for the comments. Could you elaborate on the anatomical issues? Looking at it again her upper arm may be a tad on the long side. I'm not sure, though. I'm a little too familiar with the piece by now.

About the other stuff--I definitely did the sharpness in her face on purpose. As I see it all the women in Eternia are beautiful so they need something defining about them so that don't look the same. (Although, they do in the cartoon). I will try making her teeth a little whiter looking, though. She seems like she might be a neat freak from the way Beastman grosses her out in one of those first season 2002 episodes.

Her breasts could probably be larger as well. I did lower the cut of her uniform rather significantly, though.
    The trick with Evil Lyn is that she has a rather long face. look at the figure and see the size of her forehead and how the arch of eye brow goes right up and see how much the are away from the eyes. At the moment they are too close to the eye lid. If you make her eyes bigger this will also help make her more lovely. Just scale them up in photoshop. You can still be harsh and lovely at the same time.
    The arm is a bit long but that's easily fixed with a cut and paste.

The whole left of her body is bit odd. Are her shoulders going back or forward? looking at her upper arm braclets, it looks like they are forward therefore making her bust seem smaller/inward and her stance awkward.
    But I'm guessing you intended the arm to be back with her chest a bit out. Again this can easily be fixed but changing the perspectice of the bracelets. Especially that left one. Once you tackle that I think you will see the boob issue better.

I'm the same, when looking at a drawing or a painting so much that you become sometimes blind to imperfections. But you can over come this with good crits from peers. I do and my way of looking at my drawings has greatly improved. Good honest critism is invaluable!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Hm

You know, part of the 'problem' might be simply that the face and body come from a magazine model and osgood (hope I'm not impinging on your views here at all) wasn't 'really' trying to make THE Evil-Lyn... but this girl as Evil-Lyn.

Hope that made sense!
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Here's a bit of an update. I tried fixing her right arm (our left) by fixing the angle that her arm bracelet fits around. I also modeled her chest armor a little more (more depth on her breasts), made her left (our right) upper arm a little shorter, and whitened her teeth. I'm sure there's a whole slew of things I did that I can't remember, as well. It's like one of those "what's different about these two pictures" things.

He-Manis007: I think you got it right. I saw a photo that I though felt like what Evil-Lyn could be, at least for a brief moment. I don't necessarily mean for this to be the definitive Evil-Lyn, we have the four horsemen for that, but more of what she might look like in real life, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn
    By the way... is her crotch smoking in the first picture!? I guess SKELETOR's been busy!!!

That's hilarious, I didn't notice that you wrote this until now.

The painting looks awesome! How did you do that? Did you have a tutorial for this? If so, please post the link. I'm always looking for good painting tuts, cause I have drawn some motu pictures that I'd like to color myself.

Hey Debiler,

I don't think I'd be comfortable posting a tutorial of "how-to-paint" just yet, because this is one of my first tries and I'm still figuring out a method. I remember Prime had a tutorial for his Triclops some time ago that I thought about as I was working on this. And Baena's step-throughs as well. Blocking out colors and shapes and then getting in there with the detail seems to be everyone's method.

Thats a really great first attempt. The colors are just great. and all the updates you have done seem to really capture her.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Very nice!!
    I love He-Man.org!!!

Quote Originally Posted by osgood
    Hey Debiler,

I don't think I'd be comfortable posting a tutorial of "how-to-paint" just yet...
    C'mon, it's not like you suck at it. Where can I find those tutorials, btw?

I know, but I'm still figuring things out. I'll post my next one. Really though, Baena and Prime are amazing experts from outer space and what they have to offer will be more than I do.