Thread: Battle Cat to Cringer

Heroic Warrior

Battle Cat to Cringer

Ever wondered how Battle Cat changed back to Cringer in the Classic MOTU. If they did show this reverse transformation, how might it work when the focus is (a) just Battle Cat changing back into Cringer, and (b) when it is both He Man and Battle Cat changing back into Prince Adam and Cringer as should have been covered in Quest For The Sword. Remember, this is Classic MOTU, not NA or 2002 series.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cat
    Ever wondered how Battle Cat changed back to Cringer in the Classic MOTU. If they did show this reverse transformation, how might it work when the focus is (a) just Battle Cat changing back into Cringer, and (b) when it is both He Man and Battle Cat changing back into Prince Adam and Cringer as should have been covered in Quest For The Sword. Remember, this is Classic MOTU, not NA or 2002 series.
    I think Battle Cat probably simplY changes back into Cringer when He-Man sends to Powers back to Grayskull.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Heroic Warrior

Battle Cat

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine
    I think Battle Cat probably simplY changes back into Cringer when He-Man sends to Powers back to Grayskull.
    Maybe, but what I'm trying to establish, is if you were to see the transformation on TV, what could they actually show. Like, when Cringer changes into Battle Cat he shivers, grows in size, then theres a flash and you see Battle Cat standing in his place with his helmet and saddle. So how may it work in reverse?

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    I guess I am not understanding the question. They never showed Cringer changing back. Since the show is 20 years old, they never will.

I assume since he could talk, he could say, "Let the Power return!" just like Adam any time he wished..

If I were to imagine what it would look like, he would say the enchantment, it would show Battle Cat's armor flash off, then he would shrink as a naked tiger and become Cringer again.

Dr. Ω

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=Dr. Omega]I guess I am not understanding the question. They never showed Cringer changing back. Since the show is 20 years old, they never will.

I assume since he could talk, he could say, "Let the Power return!" just like Adam any time he wished..

If I were to imagine what it would look like, he would say the enchantment, it would show Battle Cat's armor flash off, then he would shrink as a naked tiger and become Cringer again.

That's a possibility. I imagine something close to He Man to Adam in "Problem With Power." Battle Cat would shrink to Cringers size but still be in his Battle Cat form; ie; with all his armor still on and still looking like Battle Cat but just smaller. Then he would flash in the same way that He Man did in "Problem With Power," and when he finishes flashing he would be Cringer again. I feel this sort of transformation would be cheaper to animate. But I could be wrong. I feel that this would happen simultaneously with He Man or after He Man has changed back into Adam, but if it was the latter, Prince Adam wouldn't have to point the sword at Battle Cat. The change would happen automatically coz He Man has already said "Let The Power Return," so the power of both would automatically be returned to Gray Skull.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I can see it now....

Battle Cat's on the beach flexing for the lady kitties when He-Man back at the palace does the "Let the Power Return" incantation and suddenly Battle Cat becomes Cringer, biggest wimp on the beach and has to beat a rather embarressed exit....

On a similar note, what if She-Ra changed back while Swift Wind was flying really high somewhere? Would Spirit just come crashing down out of the sky?!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian
    I can see it now....

Battle Cat's on the beach flexing for the lady kitties when He-Man back at the palace does the "Let the Power Return" incantation and suddenly Battle Cat becomes Cringer, biggest wimp on the beach and has to beat a rather embarressed exit....

On a similar note, what if She-Ra changed back while Swift Wind was flying really high somewhere? Would Spirit just come crashing down out of the sky?!
    He probably would, so I assume She ra would only do that if she was on a murder/suicide mission or if she was just plain stupid.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    In "The Stone in the Sword" when the sword is damaged She-ra becomes Adora. I guess if the sword got damaged while She-Ra and Swift Wind were flying there'd be trouble.
    And also if the Sword of power was damaged while Battlecat is jumping high or something?....
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!