Thread: Mattel, are you coming to Wizard World Chicago?

Mattel, are you coming to Wizard World Chicago?

And if so, are you bringing King Grayskull with you?

I heard from a little birdie that you might not even show up, so neither Grayskull nor the JLU exclusives would be showing up @ Chicago before SDCC this year.

But I just got a Wizard World Philly e-mail straight from Wizard saying the DC Superheros exclusives would be there. And seeing as Philly is nearly a month before Chicago... is there any chance?

I'd really like to snag the King on my way through Chicago and hope this show isn't turning into a liquidation show with an MMA ring taking up the spots where the exhibitors used to be.....

I don't think Mattel is going to Chicago, and I'm pretty sure King Grayskull is a San Diego exclusive and won't be sold early at Chicago.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    It would suck if they didn't have him there to check out, though. I'm sure that Mattel will wait until SDCC to sell King Grayskull, but I figured that they would at least have some sort of cool display for Chicago.

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    I believe they cancelled going to WWC after WWC moved the con before SDCC. So SDCC is the only place for a King Grayskull.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Boy, the Chicago show just gets worse and worse every year.

Last year it was too close to SDCC and none of the exhibitors I wanted to see bothered showing. This year they tried to space it out better and it seems like it is going to fail miserably.

I'm holding out hope that the King ends up somehow on here as an available purchase. Otherwise I'll have to pay insano eBay prices on top of this already established trip.... /cry

I was told at NYCC that Mattel wouldn't not be at Chicago because of scheduling problems.

I didn't see them on the Philly exhibitor list so I didn't think they would be there either.

Quote Originally Posted by JustariusX View Post
    Boy, the Chicago show just gets worse and worse every year.

Last year it was too close to SDCC and none of the exhibitors I wanted to see bothered showing. This year they tried to space it out better and it seems like it is going to fail miserably.

I'm holding out hope that the King ends up somehow on here as an available purchase. Otherwise I'll have to pay insano eBay prices on top of this already established trip.... /cry
    Same here I hope Mattel gives us a chance to buy K.G. and the Grayskull as a He-Man.org exclusive.Maybe it will happen since they did offer us the extra She-Ra's here.I hope all the money horders don't buy them all up.
    Last edited by ICER; May 4, 2008 at 12:35am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Are your names Mattel?
    Let Mattel answer the guy!