Thread: The return of the Story-Co-op.

Warrior of the Inferno Brimstone's Avatar

The return of the Story-Co-op.

I thought I would bring back the Story Co-Ops. I feel that it would be intresting to see what type of story we can come up with if all the writers and non-writers were intrested in joining in.

Here are the rules

Who can take part?: Short answer, everyone no matter weather they are a writer or not.
    How big can my addition be?: There is no length to what you can post. Posts can be as short as a couple of sentences or as long as you like, just remember that others may be taking part so think of them when posting.
    Are crossovers allowed?: Only amoung the MOTU universe, POP, POG and NA are perfectly fine.
    How many times can I post?: As many times as you wish. All I ask is to allow a day to go by to allow others to join in if they wish.

Other rules: Lets keep this fun. If the story is goning in a direction you disagree with do not complain about it or the poster in the thread (It just ends up causing trouble and spoils the story) be creative. Remember this type of story has no plot that everyone will agree on.

So all the formalities out of the way lets begin:

The MOTU Story Co-Op

Orko was making his way through Evergreen Forest after visiting the Wigets. The little Trollian marveled at how clear the sky was, there wasn't a single cloud and the sun was casting its glow over the planet. Orko was glad that the trees of Evergreen Forest were casting enough shadows across his path...
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Eternia: The Dark Years: Enter Eternia a world that has fallen to the hands of the Evil Horde.
    Coming Soon:Roots 2: Fear stalks Primus. (A NA sequel to Roots by Brimstone and Thew40)

My art (mostly MOTU related ) please feel free to comment.

But despite the wonderful weather, there was trouble afoot. Too caught up in the beautfiul day, Orko failed to notice that there was someone ahead of him. He slammed right into a man wearing a thick cloak.

"Oops!" yelped Orko. "So sorry! I guess I wasn't watching where I was going!"

The man in the cloak turned around, his face obsecured by his large hood. "Not a problem, small one. Tell me, who are you and what brings you into the Evergreen Forest this afternoon?"

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor

"N-n-nothing ... nothing at all," Orko stammered nervously, his eyes now wide with fear. "Just ... passing through."

"You still haven't told me your name," said the man in the cloak.

"M-m-ME?" stuttered Orko. "I'm Orko ... the Royal Magician."

"A Royal Magician..." said the man in the cloak. "Whom do you serve?"

"None other than His and Her Royal Highnesses, King Randor and Queen Marlena," Orko replied.
    Last edited by Mirage; July 20, 2006 at 05:45pm.

...."Impressive," replied the man in the cloak. Orko's chest swelled with pride at the complement. "I'll wager that you are a powerful being to have gained such a high position."
    Orko's pride vanished as quickly as it came.
    "If only," Orko said sadly. "Back on Trolla, that's where I come from, I was a great magician in fact I was called Orko the Great. But when I arrived here my magic went all screwy I'm lucky if I can pull off any thing more than a basic spell without it going wrong."
    "You do yourself an injustice," said the cloaked man placing a hand gently on Orko's shoulder. "I'm sure that you are as great as you are. You just need to have faith in yourself."
    Orko looked up at the cloaked man and said. "You know, a being called the Oracle said something like that. But at times its hard to believe in myself that much."
    "You should listen to this Oracle," said the claoked man. He then pointed to the clear sky. "Look up at that sky see how beutiful it is?" Orko nodded. "Every time you feel down you should look up and gain confidence from what you see."
    Orko followed the cloaked man's direction and looked up. He indeed was uplifted by the sight.
    "Where did you say you were going?" said the cloaked man bringing the topic back to his original question.
    "I'm going to Eternos." replied Orko.
    "What a coincidence, I'm heading that way myself," said the cloaked man. "Would you mind if I accompanied you?"
    "Sure why not." replied Orko.....
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Eternia: The Dark Years: Enter Eternia a world that has fallen to the hands of the Evil Horde.
    Coming Soon:Roots 2: Fear stalks Primus. (A NA sequel to Roots by Brimstone and Thew40)

"What's YOUR name?" said Orko.

The hooded man looked around. Having seen that he was not being followed, he pulled back his hood, revealing his face. He was a tall, athletic-looking man in his mid-to-late twenties. He had a square-jawed face, piercing blue eyes, and close-cropped curly brown hair.

"My name ... is Petras," he said as he introduced himself.

----------

As Orko and Petras continued walking, they were suddenly greeted by two soldiers on horseback blocking their path.

"Oh, no ..." mumbled Petras at the sight of the soldiers.

---------

Up ahead, one of the mounted soldiers unsheathed his sword, pointed it at Petras, and cried, "GET HIM!"

---------

"What do you mean 'Oh, no'?" Orko asked. "What's wrong?" He glanced at the two mounted soldiers approaching at full gallop and asked, "Who ARE they?"

"Jorellian warriors," Petras replied as he reached inside his cloak and unsheathed a sword. He turned to Orko and commanded, "Go ... get out of here."

"I'm not leaving you," said Orko.

"GO! GET OUT OF HERE!" Petras cried as he assumed a battle stance. "It's ME they want!"

As Orko escaped into the nearby forest, the two approaching soldiers -- swords drawn -- reined their horses to a stop in front of Petras.

"You're coming with us," said one soldier to Petras.

"I will do no such thing," Petras replied calmly.

"King Tellus COMMANDS it!" barked the soldier.

"King Tellus can make demands of all the trees in the Evergreen Forest," Petras replied. "I will not see him."

The two soldiers dismounted. "So be it," said the soldier. He swung his sword at Petras, only to lock guards with him. Petras kicked the soldier in the stomach, knocking him off balance and sending him to the ground.

The second soldier decided to enter the fray, thrusting and parrying with Petras, the air ringing out with the clash and clang of steel-against-steel. Petras delivered a kick to the second soldier's calf, sending him to the ground.

By this time, the first soldier had recovered. Enraged, he let out a war cry and charged Petras. Once more, he and Petras locked guards. This time, though, the first soldier had a surprise in store for Petras: with his free hand, he unsheathed a dagger on his belt and stabbed Petras in the stomach, sending him to the ground.

The now-recovered second soldier looked at the fallen Petras -- and then at the first soldier.

"You FOOL!" the second soldier barked at the first. "The King wanted him ALIVE!"

"He forced our hand," said the first soldier. "It was either him ... or US." The first soldier paused. "Let's go," he said, cocking his head towards their horses.

---------

As the two soldiers mounted their horses and left, Orko emerged from his hiding place in the forest. At the sight of the fallen Petras lying facedown on the ground, he gasped and clasped his hands over his mouth in horror.

"Oh, no..." Orko moaned. "PETRAS!"

It was then that Petras did the unbelievable ... nay, the Unimaginable: He stirred ... and got up as if nothing had happened at all!

"PETRAS!" Orko cried. His eyes were now as big as saucers. "Are you all right?"

Petras nodded at the little magician. "I'm fine," he said as he sheathed his sword.

That dagger should've
    KILLED him, Orko thought. "What'd you do?" he asked. "Why did those men want you?"

"It's not so much for what I've done ... as it is for who I AM," Petras replied. "You see ... I'm one of the last of the Numer ..."

Orko gasped. "You mean ..."

Petras nodded. "I am one of the last ... of the Immortals."
    Last edited by Mirage; July 28, 2006 at 03:41am.

"Immortals?!" yelped Orko. "Wow!"

"Quiet! Please. You said you were going to see King Randor, correct?"

"Yes but . . . why were they after you? I don't understand. And what happened to the rest of the Immortals? How can you be the last if they can't die?"

Petras pulled his hood back up and rubbed where the wound had been. The cloth was torn, but to Orko, it looked as though he had never been stabbed. Despite that, Petras still rubbed where wound should have been.

"Orko, I believe you to be a good ally. King Randor is a fair leader and surely are those that serve in his court. Including their jester and magicain. I'm asking you, please, to just be silent for a little longer. At least . . . until the pain subsides."

"Okay . . . but . . ."

"The wound healed immediately. The blood burned away. It's a protection, Orko, so that none can steal my blood and become immortal like me. However . . . despite my healing ability, I still feel the pain of the attack."

"OH!"

"Yes, so, at least for a while, please keep your voice down." Then, with a quick glance around, added, "And keep your eyes open."

~W~
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

"You still haven't answered my question," said Orko as he and Petras continued down the road. "How do you kill someone ... who supposedly cannot die?"

"There is ONE way ... and ONLY one way ... to kill our kind," said Petras. "...Taking our heads."

"Oh, my..." said Orko, clasping his hands over his mouth in horror.

"That is why I am among the last ... of my kind," said Petras. "Over the centuries, men ... outsiders ... have sought our blood." Petras paused. "...And they think nothing of killing ... to get it."

"Didn't you fight back?" Orko asked.

Petras came to a stop in the middle of the road. "We were a peaceful people, Orko," said Petras. "For eons, we lived in peace ... in harmony with the land, the seasons. We gave little thought to war ... to conquest."

"If you don't mind my asking, why are you going to Eternos?"

Petras began walking once more, Orko right beside him. "I seek asylum, Orko," Petras replied. "I'm tired of running ... tired of being pursued like a prized hind ... for my blood." Petras paused. "All I want ... all I've EVER wanted ... is to live in peace."
    Last edited by Mirage; July 28, 2006 at 03:44am.

"What do you mean he's DEAD?" King Tellus thundered. He and his wife, Queen Magda, sat on their thrones at the Royal Palace of Jorel. He was a frail man in his late sixties with thinning white hair.

"Sire, forgive us ... but we came to blows," said the first soldier. He and his companion kneeled before the throne.

"How did he die?" The King asked.

"I ... stabbed him," the first soldier stammered. "...In the stomach."

"You STABBED him?" King Tellus roared. He then clutched his chest and let out a loud, hacking cough.

"Sire, maybe I should send for the physician..." offered the Queen helpfully. She was a stout woman with gray hair in her mid-fifties.

King Tellus shook his head ... No. "You mean to tell me you let ALL that precious blood spill onto the floor of the Evergreen FOREST?" he bellowed. He then turned to the guards who were standing nearby and thundered, "GUARDS! TAKE THESE TWO IMBECILES AWAY!"

As the guards led the two soldiers away, King Tellus grumbled, "One way or another, I will HAVE that blood..."
    Last edited by Mirage; August 7, 2006 at 11:29pm.

Meanwhile . . .

Adam and Teela were walking along the outside of Eternos, chit-chatting and gossiping about friends of theirs. Teela had just returned from reunion (of sorts) at the City of Wisdom, where she had gone to school.

"Beautiful day, huh?" asked Teela when they ran out of people to talk about. She bent down and plucked a small, pink flower.

Adam smiled. "Sure is. Almost makes me want to go for a ride across the kingdom in a Sky Sled."

"Why don't you?"

Adam yawned loudly. "I'm tired, mainly. I think I'd rather nap under a tree."

"That sounds . . . actually, that doesn't sound too bad."

"Really? I'm kinda surprised, Teela."

Teela grinned a little. "Well . . ."

"HEY ADAM! TEELA!" came the shout from Orko.

"Orko! What's going on?" asked Adam as Orko and Petras came walking towards them.

"How were the Widgets? And who is this?" questioned Teela, the second questioning being much harder-edged than the first.

"This is Petras! He says he needs our help!" Orko introduced.

"A pleasure, my dear," Petras said, taking Teela's hand and kissing it.

"Um, welcome to Eternos," Adam stepped in.

~W~

Orko proceeded to tell Adam and Teela about the attack within Evergreen forest but Petras interupted just as Orko was about to mention his imortality.
    "Do you have any idea why you were attacked?" asked Teela already planning on a coarse of action.
    "All I know is that the ones that attacked us were dressed in the armour of King Tellus," said Petras then he added a lie. "As for why we were attacked I can not possibly tell why."
    Petras looked over at Orko to see if the Trollian would expose his lie, but the small magician remained silent.
    "King Tellus? I have heard many things about him from my father," said Adam reconising the name. "He was an opponant against my grandfather King Miro. He always spoke out against his dealings and even refused many trade agreements between Eternos and his kingdom, but I've never heard of him acting in such a way as attacking inocent straingers."
    "Time changes many things," replied Petras. "The King Tellus you have heard about is no doubt very different from the one who sent those soldiers today."
    "In any case I think we should take this back to Eternos," said Teela. "We can sort out weather this King Tellus is the same as Miro's or not. Beside I'll feel safer once we are inside the city walls."
    Without any further words Teela turned and headed towards the great city gates. Adam followed and then as Orko began to follow Petras put a hand on his shoulder.
    "Thank you my friend," said Petras. "I know it must be hard for you to lie to you friends."
    "I-i-it was nothing," replied Orko. "You have your reasons for keeping your immortality a secret. But my friends are good people you can trust them with you secret as you hav with me."
    My Fan-Fic projects:

"King Tellus? That's a name I haven't heard in a long time," pondered King Randor as he sat on his royal throne before Teela, Orko and Petras. "And you say he has ordered his men to attack you, and you know no reason why?"
    "There is no reason that I can think of for why Tellus would want me attacked." replied Pretas, he could feel Orko's gaze upon him, yet the Trollan remained silent.
    "What ever the reason," said Teela. "Petras was indeed attacked by soldiers loyal to Tellus. Orko witnessed the entire ordeal."
    Randor turned to Orko.
    "Is this true?" asked the King.
    "U-um yeah," replied Orko. "It happened just as Petras said."
    "You don't sound too certain." said Randor suspecting Orko of hiding something.
    "It really did happen that way," snapped Orko a little defensively. "I-I-I'm still a little shook up."
    Orko's reply seemed to be sutible for the King as he then turned to Petras.
    "You are welcome to stay as long as you need," said Randor. "I will have my best warriors look in to this attack." Randor then pressed a button on the arm of his throne and two palace servants entered the throne room. "Please show our guest here to some quarters."
    The servants bowed.
    "Thank you," said Petras as the servants began to lead him out of the room. "You are indeed the man of honour that Orko told me about."
    "May I go with him?"Orko suddenly asked.
    "By all means," replied Randor. "I need a few moments with Teela alone."
    With that Orko turned and raced after Petras.
    "You don't believe him?" asked Teela once the doors had been closed.
    "Its not that I don't believe him," said Randor. "Its just something doesn't ring true with his story. I know that Tellus isn't the most friendliest memeber of the Coucil of Kings and our two kingdoms have never seen eye to eye but he has never acted in this way before."
    "So what do you want me to do?" asked Teela.
    "Just do as I said we would," said Randor. "But I also want to keep an close eye on Petras, I can't help feeling that he is hiding something."

King Tellus almost doubled over in a coughing fit, two of his guards ran over to help but it was his wife who reached him first.
    "You should be in bed," said Magda as she helped the King back to his throne. "You are unwell you need to rest."
    "I will not rest!" snarled Tellus as he pulled away from his wife. "While there is blood in my veins and breath in my lungs I cannot rest." Tellus then slammed his hand down on the arm of his throne in a fury that scared Magda. "I need the blood of that immortal."
    Suddenly the doors to Tellus' throne room opened and a tall figure in a purple hood and cloak. The guards started towards to the intruder when the figure raised a hand. The guards were engulfed in purple flames and thrown across the room.
    King Tellus glared at the figure with all the fury his frail body could muster.
    "How dare you enter my throne room in such a way!!!" spat Tellus before falling to another coughing fit.
    "You should have that cough looked at." said the figure as it pulled the hood back to reveal the face of Evil-Lyn.......
    My Fan-Fic projects:

"Who IS this woman?" Queen Magda asked her husband, outraged.

"It's all right," King Tellus replied as he regained his composure. "I sent for her." The King paused. "She's a sorceress ... named Evil-Lyn." He then added bitterly, "I wasn't expecting her to arrive ... so SOON."

THE Evil-Lyn? The Queen thought. She leaned in close to her husband and whispered, "Sire, surely His Highness knows that she cannot be trusted..."

"I'm afraid ... I don't have much choice," said The King, his voice now hoarse from coughing. The time ... is drawing near, he thought.

"I have come, Your Highness ... just as you requested," said Evil-Lyn silkily. She then added, "Why have you summoned me?"

"I have ... a proposition ... for you," said The King.

"What is it?" Evil-Lyn asked.

"I seek the blood ... of an Immortal," The King replied. "Find it ... and bring it to me."

"You want ME ... to bring YOU ... the blood of an Immortal?" Evil-Lyn inquired.

"That is correct."

Evil-Lyn pondered this ... this, proposition ... for a moment. He seeks the blood of an Immortal, she thought. This blood has the power ... to grant a person nothing short of eternal LIFE!

"I will do as Your Highness asks of me..." said Evil-Lyn after a long silence. "...For a PRICE."

"Name it," said The King.

"I wish to partake of this ... blood ... for MYSELF," said Evil-Lyn. Evil-Lyn ... The Ever-LIVING! she thought, a wide grin crossing her face. It DOES have a delicious ... Ring ... to it.

"DONE!" The King pronounced.
    Last edited by Mirage; August 13, 2006 at 02:12am.

At that moment, back at Eternos, Petras paused oddly as he and Orko walked down the corridor towards the guest quarters.

"Petras? Is something wrong?" asked Orko.

"I just . . . had a chill go up my spine. That's all. It happens."

Orko was uncertain of this, but did his best to shrug it off.

-----

I really couldn't think of anything else for this part. This just popped into my head.

~W~

I really couldn't think of anything else for this part. This just popped into my head.

~W~
    Not to worry, that's the joy of this type of story you can add as little or as much as you whenever you want.
    ================================================== ========

Evil-Lyn glared down at King Tellus. An evil smile of satisfaction on her face.
    "How will I find this 'Immortal'?" asked Evil-Lyn.
    Reluctantly King Tellus reached down the side of his throne, tapping the side a small panel at the base of the throne slid to oneside to reveal a secret compartment. Inside the compartment sat a thick leather bound book. King Tellus reached in to the compartment and removed the book. Tellus then slowly handed the book over to Evil-Lyn.
    "Inside that book you will find everything that you need to know about the Immortals," The King said sadly. "As for the one you seek, you will find him inside the city of Eternos. My guards tried to capture him there but were thwarted."
    Evil-Lyn let out a sigh of contempt.
    "Of cause your attempt to capture the Immortal failed," hissed Evil-Lyn. "They are fools."
    Without further words or waiting for the king to dismiss her Evil-Lyn turned and headed towards the doors of the throneroom. As she passed the doors she saw the two guards slowly getting to their feet. Each guard were checking themselves for any sign of the magical falmes that had engulfed them moments ago. When they finally noticed Evil-Lyn they glared at her with intense hatred.
    Evil-Lyn smiled once more and stepped out of the throneroom knowing that there was nothing the guards could do to her.

As the doors closed Queen Magda turned to her husband. For the first time in his life King Tellus saw pure hatred in her eyes, hatred for him. It was like a dagger to his heart.
    "I hope you are pleased with yourself now!" Queen Magda screamed at the King. "Not only have you aligned yourself with the witch of Snake Mountain but you have opened the gates to our kingdom to Skeletor himself."
    Anger flashed through Tellus' body.
    "I did what had to be done!!" snapped Tellus with as much fury he could muster. Instantly he regretted his tone as he saw tears well up in the eyes of his wife. Without say any more Queen Magda stormed out of the throneroom.
    The instant she had gone King Tellus felt all his strength drain from his body and he slumpted back in to his throne and began to sob.
    "So help me," cried Tellus as tears ran down his cheeks. "I have done what I must."

Adam saton one of Man-At-Arm's workbenches examining one of his recent inventions. Adam had just told his mentor and best friend all about Petras and his runin with King Tellus' men.
    "So what do you think?" asked Adam.......
    My Fan-Fic projects:

"I can't help but think that there's more to this ... this, 'Petras' ... than meets the eye," Man-At-Arms replied. "There's a lot that's not adding up."

"What do you mean?" Prince Adam replied.

Man-At-Arms cradled his chin in his palm and said, "First off, there's the question of what a pair of Jorellian warriors were doing all the way here in the kingdom of Eternos."

They WERE far from home, Prince Adam mused.

"Second," Man-At-Arms continued. "Judging from you've told me about these men, they don't appear to have been drunk at the time of the attack."

"You think it was deliberate?" Prince Adam asked.

Man-At-Arms nodded. "I do," he said. "Clearly, Petras was attacked for a reason." Man-At-Arms paused. "The question now is ... WHAT?"

-------------

I'm sorry I haven't been writing lately. Right now, I'm fighting a nasty bout of depression.
    Last edited by Mirage; October 2, 2006 at 02:51pm.

Eternian Metal Head Skeletor-81's Avatar
    The idea of this thread is very intriguing and my thirst for more of this story has gone unquenched. I now have no choice but to participate.

Later that night...

Petras awoke in a cold sweat and gasped. Orko, who had decided to accompany Petras for the night, was startled.

"What's wrong?" he asked. "Is everything Ok?"

"I don't know" Petras replied clenching the bed sheets. "I saw a dark hooded figure in my dream and felt a very evil presense."

He looked Orko in the eyes, "Somebody is coming for me I can feel it".

"Just relax. You're safe here in the Royal Palace" the little magician assured him. "I haven't told you about He-Man yet."

"Who is this He-Man you refering to?" Petars asked.

"W-wh-why He-Man is the strongest man in the whole universe. He is the protector of Castle Grayskull and all of Eternia. I'll take you to the sorceress first thing in the morning. With the help of her and He-Man we can figure out what to do. In the mean time try to get some shut eye" said Orko with a yawn.

"Morning may be to late" Petras thought to himself.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." -Edgar Allen Poe

Glad to have you join in Skeletor-81

Evil-Lyn walked up to her entrance in to the forbbiding structure known as Snake Mountain. This entrance was hers and hers alone, she made sure that no devices or spells could detect her entrance in to or out of the lair of Skeletor. Her mind was focused of the task that King Tellus had laid out before her and more importantly how she was going to turn the situation to her advantage. The only setback she could see was that it would be unwise to undertake this task by herself, but who could she trust enough to enlist?
    Once Evil-Lyn reached her chambers she acccesed her control panel.

"Karg here!" hissed Skeletor's Ska-Ree minion and commander of his Doom Troopers. "This had better be important."
    "This will be," replied Evil-Lyn. "I have a proposal for you."
    Deep within the bowls of Snake Mountain Karg's bat-like features pulled back in to an evil grin as Evil-Lyn explained her plan.

Try as he might Petras couldn't sleep, his mind constantly wondered to the fate of his fellow immortals and how he became one of the last. Over in the corner of the room Orko slept soundly in the cot that had been set up for him. Petras envied the little Trollan. Sighing and giving up any hope of sleep Petras got out of his bed and left the room........
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Later on that morning, Prince Adam, Teela, Man-at-Arms, and Orko were gathered before King Randor and Queen Marlena in the Throne Room.

"I don't like this, Sire," said Man-at-Arms. "I don't like this at all."

"Whatever do you mean, Duncan?" The King asked.

"Petras was attacked for a reason," said Man-at-Arms. "Those Jorellian warriors wouldn't have come all this way just to harrass some poor traveller." Man-at-Arms paused. "I can't help but think he's hiding something."

"I share your concern, Duncan," said The King.

"He seems to be a decent enough fellow," said Man-at-Arms. "At the same time, he harbors ... many secrets."

Tell me about it, Prince Adam thought.

All at once, a portal opened up at the rear of the Throne Room. Emerging from the portal were Evil-Lyn, two Doom troopers, and Karg, who carried a large sack.

"THERE HE IS!" cried Evil-Lyn, pointing to Orko. "GET HIM!"

Before Orko could react, Karg rushed over, draped the sack over him, and sealed it shut, trapping the little Trollan inside.

"WHAT'S THE MEANING OF THIS?" King Randor roared.

"You want to see your little friend again, you'll hand over The Immortal to King Tellus," Evil-Lyn shot back.

"Immortal?" exclaimed Man-at-Arms. "WHAT 'immortal'? What the devil are you talking about, witch?"

"Why don't you ask Petras?" Evil-Lyn cackled. She then turned to Karg and the Doom Troopers and commanded, "We have what we came for ... LET'S GO!"

Evil-Lyn, Karg, and the Doom Troopers re-entered the portal. The King, Teela, Man-at-Arms, and Prince Adam could only watch helplessly as the portal disappeared behind them, their friend Orko now Karg's prisoner.

"What now?" Prince Adam asked.

"I think it's time we had a talk with this ... Petras," said Man-at-Arms.
    Last edited by Mirage; October 1, 2006 at 02:22pm.

Man-At-Arms and Adam found Petras wandering the hallways of the palace.
    "Man-At-Arms, Prince Adam have you seen Orko?" said Petras as he saw the two warriors. "When I woke this morning he was gone."
    "Orko was kidnapped moments ago," replied Man-At-Arms with a surprising amount of anger in his voice. "Evil-Lyn who took him suggested that you may have some involvement in this."
    Petras stopped stunned at the accuastion.
    "Believe me," said Petras. "I have no knowlage of this Evil-Lyn or why Orko was kidnapped. But trust me I will do everything in my power to aid you in his safe return."
    "What do you know of the 'Immortals'?" asked Adam. "Evil-Lyn said you would know an Immortal that had to be delivered to King Tellus."
    Petras looked at Man-At-Arms and Adam and weighed up the cost of Orko's life and his secret......
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Petras sighed and said resignedly, "I was hoping I wouldn't have to involve you in this."

Man-at-Arms crossed his arms over his chest. "Consider us involved," he said sternly.

"I am the Immortal ... that King Tellus seeks," Petras confessed. "I am among the last of my kind. The last ... of the Numer."

"What does he want with you?" Prince Adam asked.

"King Tellus is dying," said Petras. "He seeks my blood. A few drops of my blood flowing through his veins ... will enable him to live forever."

"Why don't you just give it to him?"

"If I were to yield to him, everyone in Eternia would then come for me ... for my blood," Petras replied. "I would have no peace.

Petras paused. "There's something else," he then added. "Something ... he does not know."

"What?" asked Prince Adam.

"My blood ... is not a cure-all," said Petras. "If I were to give him my blood, he would spend eternity just as he is right now ... sick, dying, wracked with pain."

Man-at-Arms's eyebrows shot upwards, his face blanched in horror. "He'd be frozen in time," he said.

Petras nodded. "Forever dying, but never able ... to die," he said softly. "It's not a fate ... I would wish on ANY man."

"Orko needs you," said Man-at-Arms. "King Tellus needs you." Man-at-Arms paused. "Like you said, he doesn't know..."

"We'll help you," Prince Adam added. "We'll go with you ... to meet King Tellus."

Petras's eyebrows shot upwards. "Adam, Crown Prince of Eternia ... facing King Tellus?"

"I cannot go..." said Adam flatly. He then added, "But I know someone ... who CAN."
    Last edited by Mirage; October 1, 2006 at 11:11pm.

Prince Adam found himself a small room, locked and windowless. It was there he pulled out the Sword of Power. Other than Adora's own Sword of Protection, this was perhaps the strongest blade ever forged.

He lifted up and called upon what he had for a good while.

"BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!" he exclaimed.

Instantly, power blasted into and out of the Sword of Power. It channeled the power of Grayskull and flowed it into him. Prince Adam felt powerful changes overtake his body. Within seconds, his scrawny frame was taller and covered thick muscles. His skin tone grew darker. His voice deepened. His clothes morphed into a harness and a fur that drapped over his thighs from his belt.

"I HAVE THE POWER!" he roared, the transformation coming to an end.

~W~

As He-man entered the palace vehicle bay he spotted Man-At-Arms standing with Petras by one of the Talon Fighters.
    “I came as soon as I could,” said He-man. “Adam has briefed me on the situation.”
    “Its good to have you here,” replied Man-At-Arms he then turned to Petras. “This is Petras the unfortunate individual who has been caught up in this mess,” Man-At-Arms then turned to Petras. “Petras this is…”
    “King Grayskull?” interrupted Petras his eyes wide in awe. He-man watched startled as Petras dropped to one knee and bowed his head.
    “Please get up,” said He-man. “I think you have mistaken me for someone else.”
    Reluctantly Petras stood, He-man could still see the awe in his eyes.
    “I must apologise for my foolishness,” said Petras once he regained his composure. “You have a striking resemblance to a great warrior I once knew.”
    “I get that a lot,” said He-man. “It’s a long story that can wait for another time right now we have a Trollian to rescue.”…….
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Later on that day, Queen Magda was sitting at King Tellus's bedside, gently holding his hand. The old King's condition had taken a sharp turn for the worse in recent days. He was now pale, weak, and confined to bed.

"Where ... is Petras?" The King croaked, his voice now barely above a whisper. "Where is ... The Immortal?"

"He's coming," The Queen replied. "So goes the word from Eternos."

"Can't ... hold on ... much longer," The King replied hoarsely.

"Sire, stop this madness ... I beg of you," The Queen pleaded. "You were a good King." The Queen paused. "Don't let it end ... like THIS."

--------

As He-Man, Man-at-Arms, and Petras entered the Throne Room of the Royal Palace of Jorel, they were greeted by the sight of Evil-Lyn, Karg, and the Royal Vizier. Orko was frozen motionless in a magical orb floating overhead.

"Is this the Immortal?" Evil-Lyn inquired.

"I am he whom you seek," Petras replied.

Evil-Lyn turned her back and said, "This way..."

As Petras and He-Man prepared to follow Evil-Lyn, Man-at-Arms braced his arm against Petras's chest, blocking his way.

"We've kept OUR end of the bargain, witch!" said Man-at-Arms, his eyes blazing with fury.

Caught short, Evil-Lyn turned around and glanced at He-Man, Man-at-Arms, and Petras.

"Oh, very well..." said Evil-Lyn with a petulant sigh. She made a gesture and released Orko from his magical prison. Now free from his orb, Orko made a beeline towards his friends, slamming headlong into He-Man's chest.

"Am I glad to see YOU!" Orko exclaimed happily.

He-Man embraced the little Trollan and said, "There'll be time for that later." He then added, "Right now ... we have to see the King."

-----------------

"Your Highnesses," said the Royal Vizier. "He-Man and Man-at-Arms have arrived ... with The Immortal."

"Send them in," said Queen Magda.

He-Man, Man-at-Arms, Orko, Petras, Evil-Lyn, and Karg entered the massive Royal bedchamber.

"Which one of you ... is The Immortal?" asked The King.

"I am he whom you seek," Petras replied softly.

The King turned to his Vizier and said hoarsely, "Send for the Royal Physician."

As the Vizier nodded and left the room, Petras asked the King, "Is this TRULY what Your Highness wishes?"

"What do you mean?" The King interjected.

Petras sat down on the edge of the bed. "Do you wish to spend eternity ... just as you are now?" he said. "Dying, weak, frail ... your body wracked with pain?"

"Of course not!" The King spat out angrily. "Why do you ask?"

"My blood is not a cure-all," Petras replied. "I am as much prone to illness ... to disease ... as you or any other human being." Petras paused. "My blood can grant eternal life ... but only medical science can cure your sickness."

"When King Grayskull was, I was," Petras continued. "Are you prepared to outlive everyone who's ever known you ... everyone who WILL ever know you?" Petras paused. "Your family, your kingdom, your race ... Eternia itself, even?"

King Tellus stared thunderstruck at Petras. I never thought about that.

The Royal Vizier re-entered the room, bowed, and announced, "The Royal Physician has arrived."

The King thought a moment, allowing Petras's words to sink in. Have I been wrong? "Tell him to wait outside," he commanded.

The Vizier was suddenly taken aback. "But ... Sire," he stammered.

"GO!" The King barked. The Vizier then bowed and left the room.

"Death ... can be a release," said Petras softly. "There have been many nights when I've longed for it ... craved it, even."

"Really?" The King asked, his interest piqued.

Petras gently took the King's hand in his own. "What is it about death ... that frightens you so?" he inquired, changing the subject.

"I fear ... for my Kingdom," The King replied, his voice shaking.

"The Kingdom will be fine," said Queen Magda. "Princess Fatima will make a FINE Queen."

"What if something happens to her ... to the Kingdom?" The King asked, a tone of worry entering his voice.

"I've seen Kingdoms ... Civilizations, even ... rise and fall," said Petras softly. "The fate of Jorel ... is ultimately up to the Ancients." He then added, "Experience has taught me ... if there is one constant in this life, it is Change."

"I've done ... so much evil," said The King mournfully. "I hope ... that you can find it in your heart ... to forgive me." The King paused. "Everything I've ever known ... ever lived for ... is for naught."

"Life ... is eternal," Petras replied. "For mortals such as Your Highness, it simply ... changes form."

"Thank you ... for being with me," said The King, his voice now barely above a whisper.

"Good Journey," said Petras softly in reply. The King then closed his eyes, breathed his last ... and died.

Queen Magda gently stroked The King's forehead and said, "Good Journey."
    Last edited by Mirage; October 3, 2006 at 12:15am.

Suddenly the doors to the King's bedchambers burst open in a blaze of purple flame. A dozen Doom Troopers then entered the room, He-man and Man-At-Arms went for their weapons.
    "Enough of this emoional claptrap," hissed Evil-Lyn her eyes glowing with magical fury. "Tellus was a weak pathetic fool for passing up the gift in the Immortal's blood. As you well know I share no such weakness."
    The Doom Troopers began to circle the Heroic Warriors and in the confusion Karg silently slipped over to the grieving widow of Tellus.
    "You know we won't let you out of this room." said He-man his grip tight on the hilt of his sword of power. Besides He-man Man-At-Arms gripped his battle mace in two hands and prepared to do battle.
    "You would be wise to let us pass," hissed Karg from his corner of the room. "Unless you wish another member of this royal family to pass away this day."
    He-man and Man-At-Arms bothe turned to see that Karg had hold of the Queen the blade of his hook pressed against her neck.
    He-man felt his blood begin to boil, no matter how many time he fought evil, they always seemed to revert back to the same tactics of using the innocent as pawns in their games.
    "We only want the Immortal," said Evil-Lyn. "Our fight isn't with you.....Yet."
    He-man looked over at Petras, their eyes locked for a moment and he could see that he was willing to go with Evil-Lyn. He-man slowly lowered his sword and gestured to Man-At-Arms to do the same. Petras then turned to Evil-Lyn.
    "I will come with you as long as you leave these people unharmed," said Petras. "There has been too much death already this day."
    "You have my word," Evil-Lyn said with a wry smile. "No one here shall be harmed. Unless you do not do as I say."
    "Very well I will come with you." said Petras. He then followed Evil-Lyn out of the room.
    As Evil-Lyn left the room she looked over her shoulder to Karg.
    "You know what to do." she commanded.
    Petras instantly knew that he had been betrayed, he turned to confront Evil-Lyn but the witch of Snake Mountain struck him with her staff. The magic of Evil-Lyn froze Petras in place. Evil-Lyn then waved her hand once more and Petras vanished in to an orb of swirling mist.
    Inside the King's bedchambers Karg's Doom Troopers began to advance on the Heroic Warriors....
    My Fan-Fic projects:

.....He-man and Man-At-Arms had their weapons at the ready as the Doom Troopers charged.
    "Duncan," said He-man indicating the queen and Karg. "Secure the queen."
    As He-man smashed his sword in to an advancing Trooper Man-At-Arms reached in to his belt and removed a small disk like device and threw it at Karg.
    The device fell to the floor near Karg's feet. Karg looked down at the device and smiled.
    "Is that your best shot?" hissed Karg. "Pity, I had hoped to enjoy the fight a little longer."
    Karg then began to drag his hook across the queen's throat.
    "AAAAARRRRGHHH!!!" screamed Karg as Man-At-Arms activated the device.
    The device let out a sound that only Karg's bat-like ears were sensative to. Karg dropped the queen and covered his ears trying to block out the noise. Fighting off some Doom Troopers Man-At-Arms raced over to the fallen Queen Magda.
    "Are you hurt?" asked Man-At-Arms as he helped the queen up.
    "I-I-I'm fine," replied the queen rubbing her throat, her hand came away bloody. "It's just a scratch."
    My Fan-Fic projects: