View Poll Results: Do you like Rio Blast's staction ?

Voters
344. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I like him

297 86.34%
  • Nope I don't like him

47 13.66%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Do you like The Rio Blast Staction?

Never mind, found it.
    Visit my websites at www.ravensrealm.envy.nu
    www.freewebs.com/mjspickett

My wish list:
    Teela
    The Sorceress
    She-ra
    Tri-klops

Evil Snake General General_Rattlor's Avatar
    About a year ago I've started a custom figure of Rio Blast, but I haven't finished it. But I've finished the headsculpt for it. This headsculpt wasn't half as cool as the one the horsemen did now for the staction, but my headsculpt had long hair with a ponytail (much like the one of Duncan, but much longer). He looked real cool with long hair. But again: I like the Rio Blast Staction. It's not what I had in Mind for Rio Blast, but it's cool. If I want a version of Rio Blast that looks just the way I want him to look, I can still build a custom. Nice work Horsemen!

Rio Blast looks absolutely fantastic. Love the big ass six-shooter.

Given the dissapointing Wave 3, I'm glad to see there's some coolness still to look forward to.

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    I love it

I'm buying all my friends one.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock
    Ok so all this talk about Rio Blast's hair got me thinking how would he actually look like with longer hair so I took the time to play with photoshop and add him some hair.

Here is how he would have looked like:

You know what? Thats EXACTLY how I would have imagined his hair length. Oh how I wish the 4H would change their mind after seeing this!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Love at first sight 4 me!!
    – No comment.

I love everything about these stactions.

But, I have to agree that some longer hair would really make Rio Blast better, IMO. He's still great. But he could be cool with longer hair.

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

Quote Originally Posted by SKELEPIMP
    I love everything about these stactions.

But, I have to agree that some longer hair would really make Rio Blast better, IMO. He's still great. But he could be cool with longer hair.
    I agee with both counts. The stactions are awesome.

Rio is really good- the long hair would make him that much better.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    The update is excellent, keeping the essence of the old figure. THe only thing I'd change is the hair; it does make him look a bit too much like Duncan, as some have pointed out. Longer hair, even something of a mullet, might have fit the character better.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph
    I agee with both counts. The stactions are awesome.

Rio is really good- the long hair would make him that much better.
    I beleive this as well. I love the new staction ,its fantastic but I really think Rio needs longer hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock
    Ok so all this talk about Rio Blast's hair got me thinking how would he actually look like with longer hair so I took the time to play with photoshop and add him some hair.

Here is how he would have looked like:

This would have been much better.

Honestly I think he looks like Freddy Mercury right now with that short hair, 'stache, and cut off shirt. He just looks a little too.... hmmm.

But, a good looking figure nonetheless and I would still buy of course.

Maybe Rio Blast IS Duncan from another dimension who gets trapped on the Eternia we know and joins up with the Masters, hence why the two look alike....
    – No comment.

Or he's his OTHER brother, also lost during the Great War and potential father of Teela!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Awesomeness. You know, it's funny. I hate classic Rio Blast. But I am totally into this new 4H version. They toned down the obvious cowboy bits and he's just really really cool. I can't believe they pulled off my least favorite MotU character of all time...or maybe I can.

Quote Originally Posted by funkypunkyboy
    He looks fantastic. I just would have taken Count Marzo, Moss Man, Evil Seed, Dragstor, Spikor, Catra, Shadoweaver, Scorpia, Mosquitor, Horde Trooper, Modulok, Extendar, Faceless One or Faker over him.
    You do realize that about a third of your list is not even remotely possible, right?

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

I like him,but I still like the original version especially with the hidden guns,which they can't really pull off with the staction.

absolutely love him! Just wonderful!
    The big gun is great! It makes sence that he is somewhat a cyborg, when I think about the old version. Otherwise he would never get those guns into his legs that he has/had!
    Evil Heroic Norwegian

i love him! the only thing thats kind of weird is him having a side arm off his belt on the side where he has a gun instead of an arm...so unless the gun pops out of the holster by itself (which it very well might being that his thing and all) seems a little weird.

as far as people saying he looks like Man-at-Arms, i think if you give anybody in Eternia a square jaw and a moustache they are going to look like Man-at-arms.
    -BEAU

Greyskull's Army

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo
    You know what? Thats EXACTLY how I would have imagined his hair length. Oh how I wish the 4H would change their mind after seeing this!!
    Yep, that's also exactly how I imagined his hair length would be. I just wasn't expecting the close cut at all - it doesn't suit a "cowboy" and it really should be blowing about iconically. Plus it'd be a good nod to the classic figure to give his hair a bit of length, and help make him all that little bit more identifiable. I suppose the production of this figure is well under way now? If the 4H read this I'm sure they've seen that a good majority of us really do prefer him with longer hair - and those that like the short hair aren't necessarilly saying they prefer it, but simply that "it's OK too". My point here is if we were somehow magically given the option, we'd most all of us choose the version that had long hair. This crew cut is like a nagging though at the back of my head; A minor blemish on a wonderful work of art.
    Honestly is it too late for the 4H to redesign this if enough people ask for a change in design? I say this because I have no idea how far into production they are. If there's a chance that this is a 2-up and they can still make some alterations then I'll definately be getting multiple copies of this guy. If not, I'll probably just pass him up...

Indidentally I was looking at the pics of him on the front page of the 'Org and realised that his "bum chin" is a wee bit too extreme. It's like he'd have to wipe his chin after going to the toilet..

Yet another Rio Blast thread...

Do you think that Rio Blast's bionic arm can condense down into a regular hand like MAA in the 2kx cartoon? Or is his arm always a cannon?

Any word from the 4H on what they envision?
    Like customizing classic figs? Want to play the part of Mattel and design figures from existing fodder but you lack supplies? Bored?! Then try out the Classic Character Creation Compiler today!

rio-blast thread

it seems like thats what happens i think. it shrinks down to a regular arm or perhaps a mech one.

Yeah...I'm thinking it's like Man At Arm's gun/arm.

Welcome Kronis!

Heroic Warrior
    I think that the 4H have imagined that Rio was in a duel, and he got part of his head blown off (including his eyeball), as well as his arm, so man-at-arms rebuilt his arm into a gun, and gave him the ability to have an automatic targeting system ala samus from metroid. Hence the targeting reticule covering his new cybernetic eye...HOW COOL IS THAT!

His hair, if grown to a certain point, I.E. LONG, would interfere with his tageting system, so he HAS to keep it short, OR man-at-arms infused a way to stop hair growth completely, securing his ability to auto target...god I feel like a nerd!

4H, I'm right...right? c'mon...post...

Sorry..I thought of some more stuff...The 4H have clearly tried to make Rio look less like a cowboy...BUT, if my backstory is correct, therein lies ALL of the traits of a cowboy!...He had a duel, might have one, might not have, doesn't matter, he got injured, and know he wants REVENGE! Hence the determined expression to blow the pants off of someone...

Duel...Suffering...Revenge...classic western...(without long hair...)
    Last edited by hemans; July 27, 2006 at 11:56pm.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotFool
    Do you think that Rio Blast's bionic arm can condense down into a regular hand like MAA in the 2kx cartoon? Or is his arm always a cannon?

Any word from the 4H on what they envision?
    I can see that happening too. The transforming weapons was a regular thing on the 200x MOTU cartoon.

Rio Blast rocks!

Wow, I can't believe how many people have voted on this! 245 said yes (me being one of them)and 29 said no. I absoluetly loved Rio Blast as a kid, he was always the secret weapon of wichever team I wanted to win. He would show up and whip out all his guns and blast away a whole crowd of badguys (or good guys, depending on who I wanted to win). I used him with every figure line, MOTU, TMNT, X-Men, Batman, even WWF and WCW figures!
    I have lots of MOTU figures from every line as well as all BCI/Eclipse dvd sets for sale in the marketplace.

dvd sets - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=211057
    NA figures - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=210697
    carded Dragon Blaster Skeltor and carded stilt stalkers - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=210686

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt
    Awesomeness. You know, it's funny. I hate classic Rio Blast. But I am totally into this new 4H version. They toned down the obvious cowboy bits and he's just really really cool. I can't believe they pulled off my least favorite MotU character of all time...or maybe I can.

Whoa. And I know from several conversations that you HATE Rio.
    But you have seen the light.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.