Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite/Best New Adventures Episodes?

New Fans: Favourite Episodes?

Hello!

To all those who recently bought the Dvd's and were watching the show for the first time, which episodes did you enjoy the most?

A big fan of Slush Head
    I haven't seen volume 2 yet so I am gonna mention my favorite episodes from volume 1:

A new Beginning
    Sword and Staff
    Crack in the World
    The galactic Guardians
    Escape from Gaolotia

This is tough since I really like must of the episodes but these are the ones that I like the most.

I also like the saga were He-man is on the run. But I forgot the names of the episodes.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I haven't seen volume 2 yet so I am gonna mention my favorite episodes from volume 1:

A new Beginning
    Sword and Staff
    Crack in the World
    The galactic Guardians
    Escape from Gaolotia

This is tough since I really like must of the episodes but these are the ones that I like the most.

I also like the saga were He-man in on the run. But I forgot the names of the episodes.
    Overall I'd say Volume 2 has the more interesting episodes

Good choices though MB, I've always liked Crack in the World for the awesome He-Man/Skeletor fight at the end, which is the longest battle they have in the series, and by far the best.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Wacky Martin View Post
    Overall I'd say Volume 2 has the more interesting episodes

Good choices though MB, I've always liked Crack in the World for the awesome He-Man/Skeletor fight at the end, which is the longest battle they have in the series, and by far the best.
    Crack in the World is an awesome episode. I felt that Skeletor could actually win in the episode, I loved that. Even He-man was about to give up if not for the words of the Sorceress.
    And the fight scene was visually awesome.

I can't wait to watch the episodes of Volume two.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't mind 'New Adventures,' but it didn't impact on me the way that classic He Man and She ra did. The character designs for He Man/Adam, Sorcerress, Skeletor, Randor, Marlena, and location designs with Eternia in the first episode were too different from the original for my liking.
    Alot of it was really fast paced so at times it could be hard to follow, and the morals seldom tied in with the story, either that, or it was hard to draw a connection.
    By The Way, as I've only got the first release, I am going by what I've seen on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Crack in the World is an awesome episode. I felt that Skeletor could actually win in the episode...
    Skeletor was cheated out of his victory in that episode! He was great, the plan was brilliantly devised and implemented. If it weren't for the producer's biased doctrine thet the good MUST always win (even if it's impossible) Skeletor would have won! It's a great episode, anyway.

Other than that I don't know if I should really speak here as I have only seen the first 3 discs of Vol. 1. Maybe I should wait till I see at least the whole Vol. 1 and then comment.

Quote Originally Posted by ivan View Post
    Skeletor was cheated out of his victory in that episode! He was great, the plan was brilliantly devised and implemented. If it weren't for the producer's biased doctrine thet the good MUST always win (even if it's impossible) Skeletor would have won! It's a great episode, anyway.

Other than that I don't know if I should really speak here as I have only seen the first 3 discs of Vol. 1. Maybe I should wait till I see at least the whole Vol. 1 and then comment.
    Awesome avatar you have there Ivan!

Finally I managed to see the entire Vol1, and here are my thoughts. "The New Beginning" is a very good start of the new series and is one of my favourites.
    "Crack in the World" is my second - very exciting and visually stunning.
    "The Siege of Serus" was good too because we get to see Hydron's home city (he is my favourite Guardian).
    Actually, I enjoyed most of the episodes, but I would also mention "Slaves to the machine", "The Children's Planet" and the entire Ana-droids mini series.

I haven't seen one, but I think that the episode where Teela arrives would be interesting.

The one with Teela is good but the best is Four Ways to Sundown. The ending for that episode has to be one of the funniest of the moments of the entire series.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Crack in the World.

I just watched that one the other day. Love the fight. Although, I do believe the writers should have made Skelly win.

what ep's does darius n mara show up?

if they do at all..
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    what ep's does darius n mara show up?

if they do at all..
    Darius = zero episodes (surely you must've heard that already, Carlo)

Mara = most episodes

Quote Originally Posted by Dagar View Post
    Darius = zero episodes (surely you must've heard that already, Carlo)

Mara = most episodes
    thanks, but no never have. don't know squat about NA
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, Darius was neither released as a toy or featured in the cartoon, and I'd love to someday know why.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    I thought I would never like the show initially but after watching a few eps I really enjoyed it. There is a hell of a lot more character development and doesn't have to cut back like the original did. He-Man can use his sword for fighting in this one not just have one for show.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    The one with Teela is good but the best is Four Ways to Sundown. The ending for that episode has to be one of the funniest of the moments of the entire series.
    Four Ways to Sundown also happens to be my personal favorite. I'm a huge fan of legendary director Akira Kurosawa, and to have the opportunity to pay homage to him by doing a small spoof on his epic film, Rashoman, was a delight for me.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Four Ways to Sundown also happens to be my personal favorite. I'm a huge fan of legendary director Akira Kurosawa, and to have the opportunity to pay homage to him by doing a small spoof on his epic film, Rashoman, was a delight for me.
    Any other intertextual or literary references of note in your episodes, Jack? The reason I ask is because I spoke to Steven J. Fisher a few years ago (he wrote "Fading Star", the Dukan episode) and we talked a little bit about how John Wayne was a little bit of a model for Dukan (most noticeably in the incorporation of his nickname in the name of the character).
    Last edited by Dagar; December 1, 2007 at 10:01pm.

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagar View Post
    Any other intertextual or literary references of note in your episodes, Jack? The reason I ask is because I spoke to Steven J. Fisher a few years ago (he wrote "Fading Star", the Dukan episode) and we talked a little bit about how John Wayne was a little bit of a model for Dukan (most noticeably in the incorporation of his nickname in the name of the character).
    Well Master Sebrian was certainly based upon a gentleman named Jerim Klapper, who was headmaster at the prep school I attended when I was a child and a teen. He was a true Renaissance man -- a former Green Beret and head of the Great Books Foundation in Chicago. He moved me along the path toward writing, which my mother had already started me on. He did this in more ways than I have time to write about here, but one example should be illustrative: He came into the Freshman English class he taught one day, picked up a piece of paper, crumpled it, dropped it on his desk and told us, "Write a composition on that." My classmates would be asking all sorts of questions about length and what it should be about while I was scribbling away on page three. (By the way, I was fortunate, in my sophomore year to have Carol Stein as my instructor. Each day she drilled us on Greek word roots, Roman wood roots, grammar, sentence diagramming. I think between Klapper teaching me the freedom of (and respect for) the written word and then Carol Stein teaching me the discipline, something just clicked.) Anyway, Master Sebrian was certainly based upon Jerim Klapper.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I just got both volumes in the mail today, so I had a mini-marathon and watched the first disc. lol

I really liked A New Beginning, but felt it could have been handled a little better (ex. explaining the MAJOR design changes). I like how Skeletor had to get the robotic implants to survive in the mini-comic (something like that), and felt it was a shame that wasn't in the series.

My other favourite episode is the one about the Crystal.

This series is quite different from the original MOTU, but I still like it. I'm glad the Sorceress is still omni-present. I'm not a fan of Skeletor's voice though.

Volume 2 finished! Finally!

And my favourite Vol. 2 episodes are:

Four Ways to Sundown - I don't know much about Kurosawa but this was an intresting and funny episode.

You Are In The Army Now - I didn't really expect such a heavy story in a cartoon. In this episode you get the best feeling of a planet that is actually at war with a hostile alien force.

The Bride of Slushhead - Yeah, yeah... the tuxidos are ridiculous but I just love Felka!

The Tornadoes of Zil - This episode reminded me of Star Trek. They go to a an alien planet, have an away mission (kind of)...

Quote Originally Posted by ivan View Post
    Volume 2 finished! Finally!

And my favourite Vol. 2 episodes are:

Four Ways to Sundown - I don't know much about Kurosawa but this was an intresting and funny episode.

You Are In The Army Now - I didn't really expect such a heavy story in a cartoon. In this episode you get the best feeling of a planet that is actually at war with a hostile alien force.

The Bride of Slushhead - Yeah, yeah... the tuxidos are ridiculous but I just love Felka!

The Tornadoes of Zil - This episode reminded me of Star Trek. They go to a an alien planet, have an away mission (kind of)...
    Some of my favourites as well Ivan

I love the tuxedo's in 'Bride of Slush Head', we really should have gotten a 'tuxedo Skeletor' action figure

I love the tuxedo's in 'Bride of Slush Head', we really should have gotten a 'tuxedo Skeletor' action figure
    Or, they could have made a "Fantastic Fashions" line like in She-Ra. Skeletor's Tuxedo would have been a top seller

Out of the episodes I've watched so far, I think "You're In the Army Now" in the army now was a pretty clever episode. Adam hadn't been called on his deserting like that before.
    With my favourite storyline being the second five parter and the Mutant occupation of Primus.
    What episodes make up the second five parter?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Out of the episodes I've watched so far, I think "You're In the Army Now" in the army now was a pretty clever episode. Adam hadn't been called on his deserting like that before.
    What episodes make up the second five parter?
    "The Gift"
    "Skeletor's Victory"
    "He-Man in Exile"
    "The Seeds of Resistance"
    "The Battle for Levitan"

The best set of episodes in the series, imo.