View Poll Results: what is your favorite variant Skeletor???

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Battle Armor

47 32.19%
  • Dragon Blaster

37 25.34%
  • Terror Claws

28 19.18%
  • Laser Light

20 13.70%
  • ScareGlow

14 9.59%
  • other/custom

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: favorite variant toy version of SKELETOR???

favorite variant toy version of SKELETOR???

the original Skeletor looks is he best, as evidenced by this thread...

but, what is your favorite variant and why...???

he man fan aus
    My favorite variant is dragonblaster! he is the coolest but I still like the teror claws

Keldorules
    Yeah, Dragon Blaster. I love that dragon. Although his minicomic is quite hokey...you can read about that in "Mini-Comic Hilarity"

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Um.. Scare Glow's not a Skeletor variant. He's his own character.
    Almost Comics: Occasionally updated; occasionally funny.
    When you're done laughing, visit the store!

Wii code: 5872 5712 0970 1915 (let me know if you're adding me)
    XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PS3 User ID: KidTDragon

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon
    Um.. Scare Glow's not a Skeletor variant. He's his own character.
    Actually, he was originally advertised as "Evil Ghost of Skeletor" - while not a variant in the truest sense of the word, he is/was supposed to be the same character...

Eternian Metal Head Skeletor-81's Avatar
    I voted for Terror claws! I loved that one. As for the worst... Battle Armor was the stupidest design ever. I remember seeing them on the shelves for months and months because nobody wanted it.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." -Edgar Allen Poe

I voted for Laser Light ...
    I think it is one one the most beautifull fig of the vintage serie...
    He's scary and dark..seems to be some king of necomancien...

And i also think he's the most interesting variation, becuause for me he is the most different from the original version...
    Toys items that may interest you....
    http://www.abcdsite.com/divers/pif_motu/

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jade
    Actually, he was originally advertised as "Evil Ghost of Skeletor" - while not a variant in the truest sense of the word, he is/was supposed to be the same character...
    I think that description has been misinterpreted by the fandom in general. I'm pretty sure they mean "Evil Ghost who Works for Skeletor", not "Lingering Spirit of Dead Skeletor".
    Almost Comics: Occasionally updated; occasionally funny.
    When you're done laughing, visit the store!

Wii code: 5872 5712 0970 1915 (let me know if you're adding me)
    XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PS3 User ID: KidTDragon

Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon
    I think that description has been misinterpreted by the fandom in general. I'm pretty sure they mean "Evil Ghost who Works for Skeletor", not "Lingering Spirit of Dead Skeletor".
    Quite so, many people think Scareglow is the ghost of Skeletor (this is what I was told and lead to believe as well.) But I think the strongest evidence against this is the fact that Faker is known as Evil Robot of Skeletor. Or something to that effect.

Also in the mini-comic, Scareglow seems to have no idea who Skeletor is and if he does, he does not seem to care much!

But back on topic, it's Laser Light for me all the way.

My eBay feedback

My Org Feedback

Great deals so far: slgcmg; slothboy; Luigispice; Bosskmr; Fairyheart; Robertytus; Mighty Puundragon

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I love the Battle Armor figs, but I'd have to go with Dragon Blaster as my favorite. Neat concept, cool accessories, and I love the thought of Skeletor having a pet dragon.

I wonder if Panthor got jealous?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    Scareglow Is Not Skeletor! He Is A Ghost That Skeletor Has Control Of.

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Leech
    Quite so, many people think Scareglow is the ghost of Skeletor (this is what I was told and lead to believe as well.) But I think the strongest evidence against this is the fact that Faker is known as Evil Robot of Skeletor. Or something to that effect.

Also in the mini-comic, Scareglow seems to have no idea who Skeletor is and if he does, he does not seem to care much!
    Oh damn, you beat me to it! Yes, I was also about to say that if Scare Glow were really the personification of Skeletor as a ghost then Faker is somehow a robot Skeletor. This is of course NOT the case, as he is simply a robot in Skeletor's service. Much as Scare Glow is a ghost in Skelly's service. And much how if there were ever a toy made of my dog - with the packaging reading as "Dog of Discosupafly", then that would mean he was a dog in my service, as opposed to some freaky dog version of myself.
    Methinks an adjustment of the voting options is in order. NO Scare Glow, in other words.

At any rate, my fav. is Terror Claws Skeletor. Yes, Dragon Blaster Skeletron ( ) is just too too cute, and the spray is lots of fun, but good ol' T.C just looks so much different to all the other version that he sticks out in my mind best. It's that funky metallic purple mid-riff, I swear! And the white skull smack-bang in the middle of it! It's .. so ... hypnotising.... Seriously, I used to just stare at that skull in the middle of shiny purple goodness all day long as a kid. Add to that the groovin' claws, the little snappy dragon boned weapon, and a really good mini-comic (much more mature than the others) and you're on a winner.

Speaking of said mini-comic, "The Terror Claws STRIKE!" has to be one of the best comics of the entire classic MOTU series. For one thing, it helped to flesh out the character of Spikor by showing him as the resident blacksmith. Very simple, very nice. This is of course to mention nothing of the simply fantastic art work within! Considering how downright lame that artwork got sometimes (see any of the original Horde member comics as an example) and you'll see the difference.
    It also thrilled me to bits seeing He-Man get a lot more aggressive in this issue than pretty much any other comic in the line. Seeing a multiple-armed He-Man punching through the "fires of Skeletor" (and no, that doesn't mean Skeletor had become fire...) with rage, then lifting Skelz up with a look of utter contempt was just the shizzle! GLEEP! And finally, this entire comic had a very gloomy, downbeat feel to it. Even on the final page you felt that Skeletor would be the death of He-Man someday - and the look on He-Man's face as he turned his back all but confirmed it.

Man, a truly perfect comic for a truly perfect toy.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Dragon Blaster is my favorite Skely variant. I used to play for hours with the chains and his spray shooting dragon.My cousin and I used to shoot water at the same time to He-Man with Kobra Khan and DB skeletor. You have no idea how many times DB Skeletor kicked some MOTU's ass.

Loved the armor and the idea of having a Dragon as a pet was too cool!!

Terrorc Claws Skeletor is a very close second, he is awesome as well but not as much as good'ol DB!!

BATTLE ARMOR gets my vote. Playability on this variant was fantastic, and the design looked like something I could imagine SKELETOR actually wearing. Don't get me wrong, I love the concept and accessories that accompanied TERROR CLAWS, but I just die a little inside every time I see poor SKELETOR wearing that purple sports-bra.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Dragon Blaster is the best one.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Lazer light just looks soooo coooool!!!!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I went for Laser Light Skeletor!

I never had him as a kid, but when Emiliano gave me the figure (for winning his website's competition) I thought it was the best variant...I'd long since stopped playing with figures, but I loved (and still do) the light up feature...It is so cool to see Skeletor's eyes and arm glow in darkness...

...yeah, I'm easily pleased!

I went with battle armor. He was the only Skeletor variant I had, so he holds a special place. I also just thought the feature was really cool as a kid.

I like Terror Claws Skelly best. He came out at about the time Freddy Krueger was ripping it up on the big screen in the Nightmare on Elm Street films. Just the fact that he had claws similar to Freddy made him scary!
    Look for my Children's book on Amazon.com. Search for "Silus 2000"!http://www.amazon.com/Whos-Whats-Wha...7946870&sr=8-1

A big fan of Slush Head
    It's interesting to see how close DB and TC skeletor's are doing on this poll.

Quote Originally Posted by discosupafly
    Methinks an adjustment of the voting options is in order. NO Scare Glow, in other words.
    i REALLY didn't mean to bring up the Scare Glow debate ALL over again...personally, i DON'T view him as a version of Skeletor...but, as logical as that is for SOME of us, there are those that have grown up accepting the notion that Scare Glow is indeed somehow or another Skeletor's ACTUAL ghost from the future, i don't get it either... but they are toys and you can use your imagination to come up with what you want...there are MANY different continuities within MOTU, so there is room for a section of fandom to "play" that Scare Glow IS Skeletor...

it's really OK guys...let people play with their toys...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jade
    No offense, but you may have some serious catching up to do...

Include Scare Glow on this poll and you might as well include Faker on the 'He-Man variants' poll...
    Aidan Cross- Official Website
    The Bacillus- my band's official website
    Excavating the 80s- my blog on unsung bands of the 80s

Fraudulent Scientist Dr. Max Power's Avatar
    When I was a kid I found Battle Armor endless fun. It worked so well with the power punch most figures had.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletoncrew
    it's really OK guys...let people play with their toys...
    He-man toys -> serious business!!!!

My eBay feedback

My Org Feedback

Great deals so far: slgcmg; slothboy; Luigispice; Bosskmr; Fairyheart; Robertytus; Mighty Puundragon

I gotta go with Dragon Blaster. The idea of a chained dragon on Skeletor's back is just too cool.
    I do have a MIB Laser Light on the way but I'm note sure I dig a cyber Skeletor!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com