Thread: Just Exactly how powerful is Granamyr?

Just Exactly how powerful is Granamyr?

As topic says, just exactly how powerful is he? As far as the classic series goes, his knowledge seems boundless.

Based on the Filmation canon, it seems safe to say he's the most powerful being on Eternia. When Man-At-Arms was crystallized in The Dragon's Gift and even the Sorceress had no solution, visiting Granamyr was the only option. That's saying a lot about his magical and intellectual faculties.

He also displayed he could really "clean house" (as He-Man put it in Diamond Ray of Disappearance) physically when he came out of his damaged house in The Return of Granamyr and, with only a wave of his hand, banished Shadow Wing.

I also recall his being able to scan She-Ra's thoughts in Darksmoke and Fire, which is another level of ability. It disappointed me that he couldn't muster the magic to send She-Ra back home at first, but it was a nice touch when he combined his powers with She-Ra's sword.

Am I missing any Granamyr episodes from the list below?

"The Dragon's Gift"
    "The Return of Granamyr"
    "Disappearing Dragons"
    "Battle of the Dragons"
    "Darksmoke and Fire" (She-Ra series)

Afterthought: It's a shame things didn't pan out in such a way that Granamyr could be featured on the MYP series. With a few changes in his appearance, I think he would have rocked the house in that show.
    Last edited by moltak; August 26, 2006 at 10:05am.

For what it's worth, he's all over our little audio-drama, which picks up where "Darksmoke and Fire" left off.

And when I'm writing, I do consider him to be uber wise and uber powerful, even at his relatively young age

D/L
    "I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."

-The Scarecrow, The Marvelous Land of Oz.

Not only does it apply nicely to Masters, but is probably a deep truth.

Powers of Preternia Podcast Video Series
    http://www.youtube.com/user/destrong...s?feature=mhum

What is he hiding under that helmet?
    Always looking for new clients!

My eBay feedback

My Org Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    As i understand it, Granamyr easily defeated He-man.

So, if He-man is the most powerful man in the universe, Granamyr must be the most powerful living creature/being in the universe.
    he didn't really defeat he-man, he-man was ready to fight granamyr if he had to, but it never came to that...anyway I have no doubt granmyr would win as he stated himself "Granamyr doesn't fight humans, Granamyr wins."
    Last edited by The Cimmerian; August 29, 2006 at 08:57am.

I would put Granamyr's power level at/around that of Galactus from Marvel comics.

If He-Man=Thor (and I tend to think so), then Granamyr must at least be as powerful as High-Father Odin of Marvel comics.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Leech
    What is he hiding under that helmet?
    It could have been worse!

"When the sword of rebellion is drawn, the sheath should be thrown away."

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_He-Man
    I would put Granamyr's power level at/around that of Galactus from Marvel comics.

If He-Man=Thor (and I tend to think so), then Granamyr must at least be as powerful as High-Father Odin of Marvel comics.
    I actually considered that thinking Granamyr would possibliy be classed as a SKyfather type of being, in leagues with the like of Marvel Odin, Zeus.

Oh God

Quote Originally Posted by Broadsword
    It could have been worse!

That's....horribly....FUNNY
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Now that's my kind of helmet!

Lady Jaye
    Quote Originally Posted by moltak
    Now that's my kind of helmet!
    LOL!! Yeah that funky lil helmet did nothing for me as a kid! I actually thought it looked stupid on him!! Kind of like a bike wearing those old German helmets!! It was dumb!!

Broadsword, the expression on his face just completes that picture!

I agree with Lade Jaye about the german influence in the helmet. I think it does give him character though.
    Always looking for new clients!

My eBay feedback

My Org Feedback

I don't even think Larry DiTillio wanted that helmet on Granamyr, I remember reading an interview once where he tried to get the storyboard artists to draw him without it. James will know more!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    Granamyr - the most powerful dragon in the universe.

Its cool that there are other characters that inhabit eternia that is a source of information and power.

Granamyr to me is another representation of ancient Eternia that perpetually cultivates imagination and wisdom more so on a planatery scale and that not all the answers to everything is in Castle Grayskull - making Eternia more mysterious and keeps us fans coming back for more stories.

As far as realms are concerned it seems that man/eternians keeps it secrets well hidden primarily in Castle Grayskull while the Dragons have their own in Granamyr. Those two species do not seem to mesh well historically along with other realms that are found on Eternia respectively.