Thread: Will the MVCreations comic ever be on ComiXology?

Will the MVCreations comic ever be on ComiXology?

If I remember right, there were some nasty rumors surrounding CrossGen comics... but with the new DC comics coming out, this might be a pretty good time to get them out to the market. I missed out the first time because I didn't have a comic store near me. What with iPads and such, that's not really a problem anymore.

This I would also like to know (though I'm not too hopeful about the possibilities), I didn't start collecting the comic until it was already into series 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

I was hoping for a reply

Might be worth asking Val directly. I'm sure he'd know if that was possible. I'm guessing that since he doesn't have the license any more it's not like MVC could publish it. I don't know if Mattel owns all of the rights to publish those now? Could they publish them? It's an interesting question. IDW did omnibus collections of past GI Joe and Transformer comics from Marvel. Something like that would be nice. I have all the original issues and variant covers and things for most, but one nice edition of it all would be cool to have.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Comics often are owned by the company that owns the license not the Publisher, i would assume DC owns the rights to publish, but there will have to be demand first... i'd say maybe in a movie year?

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    Comics often are owned by the company that owns the license not the Publisher, i would assume DC owns the rights to publish, but there will have to be demand first... i'd say maybe in a movie year?
    All the comics done by MVCreations then would still be at Mattel. MVCreations worked under licence to Mattel in making the comic.
    Mattel never made Volume 3 of the comic in trade, so I am not too hopeful they'd dig up these older comics for a digital release.

I doubt they will right now just because they want to focus on the current storyline. I imagine if the comic sells gangbusters, though, they might explore it.

With Marvel putting out all the Dark Horse Star Wars comics on ComiXology couldn't DC do the same with the 200x MOTU comics or do they not have the right to them?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

I have absolutely no idea.

It's up to them, though. Mattel/DreamWorks has all the rights to the comic so they can reprint it if they want.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hoping Power-Con returns in 2017!