Thread: INFO WANTED: Plastic Display

INFO WANTED: Plastic Display

On the advice of a fellow orger, Im posting this thread in search for details and information that anyone may have regarding this plastic display (see attached pic).

It measures "46 tall, and on the bottom the manufactuing markings read:

Mattel, Inc. Hawthorne, CA 90250 Printed in U.S.A. All Rights Reserved Stock # 7773-3

Was this an in-store display of some sort? Perhaps a convention display at some time? Any ideas around a value?

Any and all details are welcome. Thanks all!

It was a store display and I believe they go for quite a bit of money--maybe $100 or more. But I've never bought or sold one, so I can't guarantee that.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

It was indeed a store display. In the mid-80s one hung from the ceiling above the toy aisle in our local department store, and that's how my mom knew where to find me when I ran off

I bought mine around 1999-2000 for about $120. It's one of the few non-toy pieces I have on display, as it holds fond memories for me.

Thanks fellas. That helps a ton. Not as valuable as I thought it would be but like you said, Scotward, fond memories are sometimes worth a lot more.

man i miss those days. went to the toy section today and there were a few cool things but nowhere near what it was when we were kids. MOTU was the centerpiece for me but even if I wasn't into a toy I loved seeing them on the shelves and learning about them, now it's mainly a bunch of variants for the same guy, so little storytelling on the shelves.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure