Thread: French Battle Armour Variants

Heroic Warrior

French Battle Armour Variants

Hi,

Does anyone have pictures of the two French BA He men variants?

As far as I know the difference is in the boot colour. One is the standard brown colour and the other is reddish?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone have pictures of the two French BA He men variants?

As far as I know the difference is in the boot colour. One is the standard brown colour and the other is reddish?

Cheers
    There is much more than that... and color variations are amazing... there are even more than these, I had to add more figures on this photo but basically there are soft (rubber) boots and regular hard (plastic) boots variants, all with many different color variations.

here is another hard feet variant (with very dark belt color) that isn't showed in the comparison above...

and just to add two more of French SOFT BOOTS variants:

this one with yellow belt

and the one with dark face (note the same dark face but on the hard boots variant in the upper left on the comparison picture)

Last edited by Mantisaur82; October 16, 2015 at 09:52pm.

Heroic Warrior
    OK WOW. I have a long way to go to getting all of the French variants

Speaking of BA He Man. Do you know the Mexico variants? I know of the Soft Head and Hard Rubber Head. Is there a Plastic head as well and do they come in the different colour shades like the French ones?

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    OK WOW. I have a long way to go to getting all of the French variants

Speaking of BA He Man. Do you know the Mexico variants? I know of the Soft Head and Hard Rubber Head. Is there a Plastic head as well and do they come in the different colour shades like the French ones?
    There are just a two of Mexico/USA variants (for US market), that you mentioned (no plastic head).
    Here they are:

But there is also LOS AMOS He-Man, which was produced for Mexican market (unfortunately I don't have him so it is not showed on that comparison picture) :/
    But here is some picture that I saved:

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the info. At least the Mexico variants are not that hard to come by.

Soft feet? Years collecting this line and I had no idea such thing existed. Gotta get one

Besides Battle Armor He-Man (not sure about the original He-Man) there are a few MADE IN FRANCE characters that were made also in SOFT BOOTS versions (and all of them were also made as French figures with hard/regular boots too): FISTO, JITSU, MAN-AT-ARMS and TRIKLOPS (note the same big feet sculpt as in Thunder Punch He-Man boots).

Last edited by Mantisaur82; November 9, 2015 at 11:07pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    There is much more than that... and color variations are amazing... there are even more than these, I had to add more figures on this photo but basically there are soft (rubber) boots and regular hard (plastic) boots variants, all with many different color variations.

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...52759234_o.jpg

here is another hard feet variant (with very dark belt color) that isn't showed in the comparison above...

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d7&oe=56231680

and just to add two more of French SOFT BOOTS variants:

this one with yellow belt

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...6e&oe=5623CD83

and the one with dark face (note the same dark face but on the hard boots variant in the upper left on the comparison picture)

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...28&oe=56239810
    Regular He-man with soft boots does exist ;-)

Look at this picture from French Kiki aka Arnaud's Collection

FIGURE twists for a power punch!

Perfect Deals: FTL@neo-geo.com, Sathomaso, Sl@yer, French Kiki, King Ironic, SimonF, TIRPITZ, Ess7477,

May i ask what a Hard Booted French variant BA He Man is worth and how rare ?
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold

Quote Originally Posted by MOLKROM View Post
    May i ask what a Hard Booted French variant BA He Man is worth and how rare ?
    Speaking "loose", the hard booted BA He-man France is a common figure in Europe, you can find it easily on the auction's websites. (Germany is the best place to find one in nice shape)

Thank you . I was just wondering about him . Of all my childhood figures , that one did not look very "HeMan" to me if you get my meaning .

Back to 80' I remember that it was very hard to cross a BA He-Man figure in the french toy stores (strangely BA Skeletor was easy to get), and more for a made in taiwan one, we got practically only French versions for this character.
    My mom and me were looking each time all the same figures available in a unique store before every purchase to compare between them and find the best we can in the lot (with minimum defects, best applied paint etc) because we had at the same time the french versions + taiwanese ones, Malaysian ones etc and I remember that I was hating the french He-Man's heads lol

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    I remember that I was hating the french He-Man's heads lol
    I totally agree . Its the head that turned me off .