Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SPECULATION: the 2014 Holiday Item - $35 - What is it???

SPECULATION: the 2014 Holiday Item - $35 - What is it???

Hopefully the link works. If not, a recent Ask Matty has Scott revealing the amount of skus for 2014, noting the addition of a planned holiday item which will be in the sub. It's a vintage figure priced at $35. WHAT COULD IT BE???

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...328#6041048328

He said it's "a" figure, as in one, and obvioulsy oversized. Also vintage.

I think it has to be Modulok or Multi-Bot. Outside chance of Sagitar.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I'm thinking Modulok.

The beasts are selling at $35 now (Battle Cat, Panthor, Swiftwind)...so, my guess is it's Mantisaur. That's an item they need guaranteed sales on, since NONE of his pieces can be reused.

If not him, then Sagitar. He's a figure, but also a beast in size.

If not him, then my last guess is either Modulok or Multi-Bot.

Hey, Toyguru...if you're reading this; will the holiday item be revealed at SDCC like Granamyr was, at Power-Con like Castle Grayskull was, or at NYTF like the Filmation add-on sub was?
    Last edited by King Tamusk; May 24, 2013 at 11:00pm.

my votes on Extendar. Why? Just to be different.

Heroic Warrior
    Modulok, I'd bet.

I thought it might be Two-Bad but Modulok makes sense as well.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    Modulok was the the first thing I thought ...

I'd like it to be stridor, he's might be a beast but that could fall under "figure." He would need lots of new tooling which Mattel would want to make sure they made money on so putting him in the sub would be a way to guarantee sales.

Truth be told when I was reading Scott's answer, my first thought was Madame Razz, as she also needs lots of tooling, but then I got to the "vintage" part of the comment. I still hope we see her sooner rather than later.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    It'll be Two Bad - i imagine they would give him the same treatment as Ram Man being oversized a bit

Two-Bad would not be a $35 figure. I don't think Modulok would be, either, unless he came with many parts. I'd say it's more likely a beast like Stridor.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I'm going to guess Two Bad as well. I think Modulok will be one of quarterly items so they can set the price to include as many pieces as they can.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    If Modulok comes with as many parts as the vintage figure, $35 doesn't feel quite high enough. No evidence to support that, but then there hasn't been anything like Modulok in the line so far.
    Mantisaur feels right. He-man and his arch foe both have their beasts. She- Ra has her beast, and her arch foe...doesn't. It just seems like an asymmetry they would address next year if they
    truly are trying to wrap up the line in the next two years.

I'm always excited hearing about higher priced items because I love the beasts.

EDIT: Whoops, I missed that he specifically said "figure." Probably not a beast, then.
    Last edited by Gnarliehog; May 24, 2013 at 11:38pm.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Why does everyone think its going to be Two-Bad. It has already been said that TB is going to be a no bigger regular sized figure. Please pay attention. On that note why do people want TB to be bigger anyways? The curse of 200X again.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    The beasts are selling at $35 now (Battle Cat, Panthor, Swiftwind)...so, my guess is it's Mantisaur. That's an item they need guaranteed sales on, since NONE of his pieces can be reused.

If not him, then Sagitar. He's a figure, but also a beast in size.

If not him, then my last guess is either Modulok or Multi-Bot.

Hey, Toyguru...if you're reading this; will the holiday item be revealed at SDCC like Granamyr was, at Power-Con like Castle Grayskull was, or at NYTF like the Filmation add-on sub was?
    Yes, Sagitar
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

$35 could definitely cover Modulok or Multibot. If they are packaged unassembled in a simple illustrated box similar to the vintage (low production costs, right?), I could see these figures having a nice assortment of body parts and accessories to build some awesome figures with. By offering one as a special holiday item, we could get both in one year. I certainly wouldn't pass up either one as non-sub figure...especially if a no-stress preorder could be implemented (hint hint, ToyGuru).

I think it will be Two Bad and here's why. He's got a unique torso that probably can't be reused and more than likely cost a little more ro tool and produce so like Ram man he's gonna cost a little more. Nothing to do with 200x proportions or being really oversized...just a bit wider. I don't think its a beast and sorry but I don't think Sagitar counts as a vintage figure that everyone would want. NA has its fans but more seem to end up on eBay or the marketplace than any other figure.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I think it will be Two Bad and here's why. He's got a unique torso that probably can't be reused and more than likely cost a little more ro tool and produce so like Ram man he's gonna cost a little more. Nothing to do with 200x proportions or being really oversized...just a bit wider. I don't think its a beast and sorry but I don't think Sagitar counts as a vintage figure that everyone would want. NA has its fans but more seem to end up on eBay or the marketplace than any other figure.
    Most of the remaining Vintage guys are going to have new tooling, aside from NINJOR, who would be almost all re-use...almost all the 20+ Vintage MOTU figures left are unique! The POP would be a little more common...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior
    Toyguru has specifically said that Two bad is just a standard sized figure and would most likely be a single carded figure just like in the vintage line. So I really don't see it being him. Plus, a $10 jump on a standard figure is a ridiculous price jump. I'm guessing Modulok all the way...

It's obviously Adam as Santa, as seen in the He-Man/She-Ra Christmas Special. Why? Simple:
    First, it's a HOLIDAY figure. Why not put Santa out at Holiday time? Yes, I know that there are some non-Christian, non-Christmas celebrating folk here, but the fact remains, there was in fact proof to support that Adam as Santa existed on an existing TV special, so it's canon-legit.
    Second, Scott said it's vintage. Doesn't get more vintage than something that premiered in the 80's, eh?
    So, why the high price point? Why not! It's the holidays, people spend money, people that sell these things need money, we'll spend it, etc. My money's on Adam as Santa. If it turns out to be something else, well, sue me

Heroic Warrior
    Going by recent trends on Matty, I'm willing to guess that it's probably going to be one of the re-issue vintage figures that nobody wants to buy at the $27.00 price point (i.e. He-Man, She-Ra, Hordak, King Hssss) that will be re-done in holiday themed packaging. Maybe they'll add snowflakes to the packaging. Or they could make it look like holiday lights are being wrapped around the figure. Just whatever excuse they can get to increase the price point.

Now, I'm saying this very sarcastically but at the same time I would not be surprised if that's what it actually turned out to be.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I don't think the "holiday" item will actually have anything to do with the holiday season. Notice Scott listed Granamyr and the Wind Raider as examples of past "holiday" items. They have nothing to do with the holiday they were just released at that time of year.

I don't think it'll be Sagitar as it's said to be a vintage figure

Likewise I don't think it will be a beast because it's said to be a vintage figure

Modulok is actually a strong possibility. Remember that Ram Man was only $30 despite being a 100% unique sculpt. Modulok could potentially use some existing parts (Mantenna's multi-leg pelvis piece) and/or have new parts that could be used later. Even if he is a unique sculpt the parts will be smaller and thinner than Ram Man's so they will use less plastic and be cheaper to produce. Factor that with more parts than Ram Man and the $35 price tag sounds like the likely range.

On the other hand it could be interpreted that it will be a less popular character since he said it was someone "most subscribers" would want, not most people/customers/fans etc". So he could be implying it's one that collectors who get almost everything will want but not so much others. So it could be almost anyone really. We likely won't know until NEXT SDCC. I don't think we'll be told this year. They have to tell us the price since it's part of the sub, but they probably won't reveal the name if it's not coming till the 2014 holiday season.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

It's not Two Bad.

Common sense here, fellow MOTU fans... why would Two Bad need to cost more than Ram Man.

Figures that could cost more than Ram Man:

Extendar
    Modulok
    Multi-Bot
    Megabeast (combo of Modulok and Multi-Bot)
    Mermista (if they go all out and giver her a scaled tail, and then the Filmation style legs, as well as some cool accessories)
    Rotar (if he actually retained his spinning feature) or Twistoid
    Sagittar

If I had to bet? I'd bet on Extendar or Modulok... but I'm leaning more towards Extendar... Why? Because the tooling for Extendar would be less expensive than that of Modulok or Multi-Bot. They can alter existing pieces, perhaps, to create some of Extendar's parts. They can't really do that with Modulok... they can try, but they won't be able to get away with as much part re-use as they did with, say, the rock people. I just see Modulok being more expensive than $35.

Modulok would also be too killer a Sub Lure not to use as a Quarterly Item at SDCC. I mean, if I were planning things, that's one of the lures I'd use.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I wished it were Granita but since it's a vintage fig, I'm betting it's Modulok.
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    I wished it were Granita but since it's a vintage fig, I'm betting it's Modulok.
    Granita WOULD have been great. I'd pay $35 for her.

It's too bad I don't see Scott caring enough to put her in the line before 2016.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.