Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MOTU Mega Bloks Thread

Official MOTU Mega Bloks Thread

Seems quite possible that Mattel will make MOTU in Mega Blok form at some point now. Be it exclusive, or actual line, but something will probably happen at some point. Also I guess this means MOTU LEGO will not happen, not that it has been too close of happening anyway.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=22028

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'd buy MOTU Mega Bloks if they made them.

I'd be more excited about the prospect of that than I would be those jumbo versions of the vintage figures.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; February 28, 2014 at 09:59am.

In the name of the Lloyd!

On a hill in the woods just around the corner
    I would definitely buy some MOTU Mega Bloks!!!
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

I'd still prefer LEGO.

But if they do them right, I will be buying ALL of them!

Looking forward to building my Mega Bloks Castle Grayskull with my kids.
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please don't downsize it!

Heroic Warrior
    There will always be a spot in my heart for lego, but As far as translating IP into building block figures, megabloc does it very very well. Take a look next time you are in the store at the Halo, Call of Duty, World of Warcraft sets. They are great, and the figures are very detailed and articulated for the size with very cool looking accessories. This is very good new if true.

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    While Lego is the more preferred brand, either way this could be really cool.

It could be a great way to get various playsets, locations, vehicles etc. and make them available in an affordable form with compatible figures to go with them.

Castle Grayskull is an obvious choice.

I could see the Eternia Playset being done in this form and being really epic. Perhaps also a Filmation-inspired Fright Zone.

Maybe they could make a Snake Mountain set with enough parts and instructions to make various incarnations of it.... Filmation, the classic playset, perhaps also the hybrid version as seen in that upcoming Icon Heroes statue piece.

The Royal Palace (preferably modeled after Filmation). The Crystal Castle.

The possibilities are endless!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by imperialmyrth View Post
    There will always be a spot in my heart for lego, but As far as translating IP into building block figures, megabloc does it very very well. Take a look next time you are in the store at the Halo, Call of Duty, World of Warcraft sets. They are great, and the figures are very detailed and articulated for the size with very cool looking accessories. This is very good new if true.
    I agree. While I never bought any of them, at one point Mega Bloks had TMNT sets based on the 2003 cartoon series. I was always tempted to pick them up but never did. The Turtle figures looked really cool. While still small and "blocky" looking, the details in both their front and back shells, for example, were sculpted and well defined for that style of figure.

When I first heard that Lego was doing sets for the current Nickelodeon TMNT series, I was interested. But when I finally saw them, I was a little disappointed. While it is in keeping with Lego, the front of their shells is just painted on a generic lego body, with the back shell being handled like a typical cape or backpack piece for lego figures where there's a ring that goes over the neck to hold it on. While they are still kind of cool, they just didn't look at cool as the Mega Bloks versions from a few years ago.

In the name of the Lloyd!

I will be all over this if they do make MOTU mega bloks. I love the looks of the World of Warcraft mega block stuff, so it should translate over fantastically. Good times!

Court Magician
    Given it's probably the only way it might happen - this is great news.

But just for anyone who's never built any big Megablocks sets, you might want to manage your expectations a bit.

One of my sons got the big Skylanders castle last year, and I could barely get some of the pieces to go together (and even then, they routinely pop off again of their own free will). It was a pretty frustrating build experience compared to Lego. The larger flat plates seem particularly problematic - the plastic is softer and the tolerances seem worse.

My son has been asking for the Power Ranger sets but we usually stick with Legos so I haven't gotten him any. If they release MOTU I can just imagine how much I'll be spending on Mega Bloks....lol.

Oh hell yeah! I have a feeling we won't see MOTU Mega's, but if we did I'd be very much down for a Castle Grayskull set!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I'm just envisioning the vehicles! Please make this happen. I prefer LEGO but I'll gladly take these as a fill-in

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    Given it's probably the only way it might happen - this is great news.

But just for anyone who's never built any big Megablocks sets, you might want to manage your expectations a bit.

One of my sons got the big Skylanders castle last year, and I could barely get some of the pieces to go together (and even then, they routinely pop off again of their own free will). It was a pretty frustrating build experience compared to Lego. The larger flat plates seem particularly problematic - the plastic is softer and the tolerances seem worse.
    Interesting. I have collected and built all the World of Warcraft sets and they all went together very well with little frustration. Same with a couple of the Halo sets i own. I wonder if the Skylanders sets were made in a different production facility?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Would definitely prefer Lego, but if MB MOTU happened I'm sure I'd buy them. The Call of Duty ones do look pretty good.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    Not interested if it's not Lego.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    The MB World of Warcraft sets are quite good. As mentioned, the minifigs are very detailed and the sets themselves are pretty sweet.

Don't be so quick to dismiss Mega Bloks. I would absolutely snap these up.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Podcaster
    Mattel already owns Imaginext and there are no MOTU Imaginext toys. I'm not sure this means we will get MOTU Mega Bloks. If so, I'd be interested but I am sad this basically means there will never be MOTU Lego. Lego is just superior.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN - 8 TO GO
    HEROIC WARRIORS - Flying Fists He-Man - Lazer Light He-Man - Rotar
    EVIL WARRIORS - Lazer Light Skeletor - Saurod - Terror Claws Skeletor - Twistoid
    HORDE - Dragstor

Really? Bugger. Guess I can wave goodbye to anymore good quality Halo sets then. Happy for those that have faith in Mattel, but it's a sad day for those of us who don't.
    Filmation style means Filmation stye!

On a hill in the woods just around the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Oh hell yeah! I have a feeling we won't see MOTU Mega's, but if we did I'd be very much down for a Castle Grayskull set!
    That would be awesome!!
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

as cool as it could be, i just dont see it happening.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

YES, make it please!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Mattel rarely release anything MOTU outside of Mattycollector so it's probably Unlikely to happen. Shame really as it would bring new fans in.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Mega Bloks?

Mattel won't even do Imaginext MOTU. What makes you think Mega Bloks will make the cut?

OH BABY YEAH. I'd totally be into that, especially with their current super articulated mini figures! Yes yes yes. I hope they consider it!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Does this means DC will cease license agreements with lego?? Maybe?