Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Filmation Shadow Weaver support thread

Heroic Warrior

Filmation Shadow Weaver support thread

On the Matty forum Catras Wrath said that there wouldn't be a straight reissue of shadow weaver but there could be a filmation bright pink magenta reissue in the filmation line so let's make some noise for this version to be slotted in
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/9671027788

Collector's Choice is like an add on extension to Classics (which is why they come in the Classics packaging albut with the new Collector's Choice flash, so it's very unlikely you'd see Shadow Weaver released as part of that line.

A pure Filmation version in magenta pink would qualify for a Filmation version in the new He Man and the Masters of the Universe Filmation variants toyline - though at this stage no She Ra characters have been revealed for that line. If fan support is there for that line to continue past 2016 then who knows!

I am Cat-Ra hear me ROAAARRRR
    Matty please expand the new Filmation toyline and please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Hmm... not sure how I feel about any PoP characters showing up in the He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe line... however, I indeed DO think there should be a separate She-Ra Princess Of Power line for stuff like Filmation Hordak, a Shadow Weaver redux, Frosta, another crack at She-Ra herself (this time with "sword to rope", "sword to shield", etc accessories and a better face sculpt), etc.
    I'd welcome another Shadow Weaver, so long as she came with some brand new accessories of some sort. I don't know how you simplify her design even more though for such a cartoon-accurate re-do... colors aside, she was pretty spot-on the first time around!
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Heroic Warrior
    Her mold and buck were perfect. All she needs is a new brighter deco. This allows latecomers to pick up a core horde member at retail price. It allows those subscribers who only could afford one sub but wanted maybe a couple now they can. And for those of us who prefer her brighter deck from the cartoon we are covered as well. Plus it preserves the originals value so it won't make those who care about that sort of thing ******. Maybe throw in some imp forms
    Last edited by degra; August 17, 2015 at 06:12pm.
    Matty please expand the new Filmation toyline and please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Sure, I think this would be great. I don't know about the He-Man vs She-Ra issue. Focusing a whole line on Filmation accurate She-Ra characters is somewhat problematic since so many PoP characters were already heavily influenced by Filmation in Classics. I can't see Madame Razz or Queen Angela being a whole lot different in a Filmation line, while Bow, Frosta, and Perfuma would be very different. But Shadow Weaver makes the most sense since she was an exclusive before, and was dark enough in Classics that even a repaint would go over pretty well. She and Razz are probably the only figure that could be mostly a repaint and work in either line, but since we just got Razz only SW really sounds like a good idea to me.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    While the filmation line is called hmatmu I figure it is a catch all for both filmation cartoons so incorporate frosta, shadow weaver, Hordak, entrapta, tung lashor, rattlor Grizzlor, leech, mantenna, perfuma with no problem. And I do agree motuc figures like castaspella, scorpia, razz, broom, lookee, adora, kowl are all fine and don't need reissues. She-ras head should be reissued and a pack in since the original is "off"

I'm hoping for a shadow weaver figure in the line. However I'm hoping that's about the only POP figure that makes it in though.

I'll definitely support this idea

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    While the filmation line is called hmatmu I figure it is a catch all for both filmation cartoons so incorporate frosta, shadow weaver, Hordak, entrapta, tung lashor, rattlor Grizzlor, leech, mantenna, perfuma with no problem. And I do agree motuc figures like castaspella, scorpia, razz, broom, lookee, adora, kowl are all fine and don't need reissues. She-ras head should be reissued and a pack in since the original is "off"
    Not to get us off of SW, but I think She-Ra herself could use another figure because her more show-accurate figure wasn't as well constructed with the lack of waist-swivel (making her look fat). Plus obviously her head wasn't as Filmation accurate as it could be. I agree Adora could work as just a head packed in with She-Ra since it was the same minus the tiara.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Sure, I think this would be great. I don't know about the He-Man vs She-Ra issue. Focusing a whole line on Filmation accurate She-Ra characters is somewhat problematic since so many PoP characters were already heavily influenced by Filmation in Classics.
    Eh, I don't see it so much as an issue as just an excuse to crank out six more additional figures in a Filmation-accurate style that would compliment the He-Man mini-sub. Not necessarily something they would do year after year, just like a one-off...
    I could see this line-up doing it's intended job:

She-Ra
    Hordak
    Shadow Weaver
    Frosta
    Horde Trooper
    Bow
    Adora & Spirit
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

I'm not really sure how they could do her without upsetting those who bought subscriptions in 2012... a repaint would not quite cut it I'm afraid as it's still to close to the original.

and before anyone gets on their soap box, I DID NOT subscribe in 2012. I would love to get another Shadow Weaver for sure, but at the same time we have to respect how she was originally offered and those made the huge commitment to subbing. Sadly this is why making Shadow Weaver was a ridiculous idea in the first place! (should have kept it Horde Prime) and made Shadow Weaver the March monthly (pushing Kobra Khan into April)

That was the WORST decision Scott ever made with the line

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Eh, I don't see it so much as an issue as just an excuse to crank out six more additional figures in a Filmation-accurate style that would compliment the He-Man mini-sub. Not necessarily something they would do year after year, just like a one-off...
    I could see this line-up doing it's intended job:

She-Ra
    Hordak
    Shadow Weaver
    Frosta
    Horde Trooper
    Bow
    Adora & Spirit
    I would NOT subscribe to that as there is nothing wrong with the She-Ra, Adora or Bow we already have and their Filmation look isn't different enough for me to buy those again. I also would not want Spirit as I have no need for Swiftwind and Spirit (since they are one and the same and SHOULD have been interchangeable from the start)

I would take this though:

-Hordak
    -Leech
    -Shadow Weaver (maybe Light Spinner variant?)
    -Horde Trooper
    -Multi-Bot
    -Frosta

Exclusive: Twiggets 3-pack

EDIT: Perhaps making Shadow Weaver 2.0 an exclusive again would appease those slightly who subbed in 2012. It would also help sell a SPOP Filmation 2.0 sub for sure!
    Last edited by blackiecats; August 17, 2015 at 06:38pm.
    My top 10 characters: 10/Filmation Ram Man, 9/Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 8/Kothos, 7/Filmation Mer-Man, 6/Granita, 5/Filmation Leech, 4/Filmation Tung Lashor, 3/Twiggets (Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina), 2/Hunga the Harpy, 1/Dylamug.

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I'm not really sure how they could do her without upsetting those who bought subscriptions in 2012... a repaint would not quite cut it I'm afraid as it's still to close to the original.

and before anyone gets on their soap box, I DID NOT subscribe in 2012. I would love to get another Shadow Weaver for sure, but at the same time we have to respect how she was originally offered and those made the huge commitment to subbing. Sadly this is why making Shadow Weaver was a ridiculous idea in the first place! (should have kept it Horde Prime) and made Shadow Weaver the March monthly (pushing Kobra Khan into April)

That was the WORST decision Scott ever made with the line

- - - Updated - - -

I would NOT subscribe to that as there is nothing wrong with the She-Ra, Adora or Bow we already have and their Filmation look isn't different enough for me to buy those again. I also would not want Spirit as I have no need for Swiftwind and Spirit (since they are one and the same and SHOULD have been interchangeable from the start)

I would take this though:

-Hordak
    -Leech
    -Shadow Weaver (maybe Light Spinner variant?)
    -Horde Trooper
    -Multi-Bot
    -Frosta

Exclusive: Twiggets 3-pack

EDIT: Perhaps making Shadow Weaver 2.0 an exclusive again would appease those slightly who subbed in 2012. It would also help sell a SPOP Filmation 2.0 sub for sure!
    There is nothing that gets produced without fans getting upset and creating rants that last for years. There's enough to be a forum all of its own.

I say change the paint, add a Lightspinner head and release her. The rage alone will keep the line going into 2018.
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; August 17, 2015 at 06:54pm.
    Bugul Noz: The Glorious Hunter Not that creativity is actually valued here.

I would rather have a Light Spinner variant in Classics (not Filmation line) with the parts to turn her into Shadow Weaver.

i got no problem with a shadow weaver in the line... but i don't want just a repaint.

I'd want the to do something different with sculpt to make it worth it for those that have her,

personally there a many more characters i'd prefer to see done in a filmation style before they redo shadow weaver . i think she works damn well as a filmation figure already. in fact most classics PoP do . i don't have a problem with them in the line but they are pretty much there already. She-ra and Hordak , grizzlor, leech, rattlor , twiggets ect would be preferred first
    the Action Figure Blues Podcast is live and is now available for direct download! or Download and subscribe to the podcast at iTunes now! Fellow Collectors Talking all things in the world of Action Figure Collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I was a 2012 subscriber and am against Shadow Weaver being re-released in MOTUC. However, this new HM&TMOTU line is not MOTUC.

She was exclusive only to the MOTUC toyline. This animated line is a different line all together and Mattel can release a lighter more accurate Shadow Weaver if they want to. Some people may not like it, but it wouldn't be wrong of Mattel.

I just hope if she is released in the HM&TMOTU line, that she includes Syrax this time.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

A Shadow weaver in the new Filmation line would be nice but she would need something extra to persuade those that already have her. Like degra mentioned, adding a pair varying transformations of Imp would be sweet! Also adf in a magic blast effect & her pet vulture and it'd be even more sweeter!
    Last edited by Count Judas; August 17, 2015 at 07:02pm.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

Heroic Warrior
    I paid out the nose for my Shadow Weaver because Matty messed up my sub back when. I would be miffed if a new Shadow Weaver didn't both give me something new and maintain the value somewhat of the original release.

New Deco is a start, but it needs more I think. All in all though I'd like a cartoony one to go with my PoP display as current Shadow Weaver is with my Horde display.

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe swappable light spinner head and hands in addition to her shadow weaver head and hands since she'd have more tooling budget since she herself is a straight repaint.

But everyone deserves a chance at her at retail prices

Even as someone who paid way too much for a Shadow Weaver, I'd be happy to see her in HM&tMOTU line. She's an essential character, and everyone should have a crack at her. That being said, I think they should do more to make her special than a pink paintjob. Although the original figure looks like it stepped straight out of Filmation, so I don't even know what they would do. New arms maybe?

Heroic Warrior
    Shadow Weaver's a big expensive hole in my shelf so i obviously support this, but I also think it's a good idea generally, packaging her with some Light Spinner parts would be ideal, if it'd save some rage make her the next HM&TMOTU subscription figure maybe?
    on the whole 'She-Ra in a line called He-Man' thing I think they could get away with the core horde (Hordak, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna and Modulok) thanks to them being in the vintage He-Man line, as well as Shadow Weaver (rare) and She-Ra and Bow (as A-List guest stars) without too much trouble. In fact with He-Man in this wave, if they want to do another set, putting She-Ra in it would probably be a good idea.

I'd be all for this. I'm not sure what they could change on the figure already made other than the color scheme. At least as far as making it Filmation accurate. If they wanted to do are more 200x style of in the DC Comics style, that would require a new style. Really though I would just prefer a different color scheme.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Colors make you happy! Rainbow Brite's Avatar
    YES PLEASE!!! I would love a Shadow Weaver

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Hmm... not sure how I feel about any PoP characters showing up in the He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe line... however, I indeed DO think there should be a separate She-Ra Princess Of Power line for stuff like Filmation Hordak, a Shadow Weaver redux, Frosta, another crack at She-Ra herself (this time with "sword to rope", "sword to shield", etc accessories and a better face sculpt), etc.
    I'd welcome another Shadow Weaver, so long as she came with some brand new accessories of some sort. I don't know how you simplify her design even more though for such a cartoon-accurate re-do... colors aside, she was pretty spot-on the first time around!
    Who says it needs to be He-Man and the Masters of the Universe every year? They could go back and forth between the two cartoons every year, ensuring we get to all the Filmation 2.0's that are needed and/or wanted. Shadow Weaver would be a perfect candidate for a She-Ra: Princess of Power sub, as would Rattlor, Adora, Tung Lashor, Frosta, Entrapta, Bow, and the Horde Trooper, among others.That would help ensure this new line stays around for several years.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER TOP PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Grot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

Not sure how Mattel could justify releasing a Filmation Shadow Weaver. The classics version is already Filmation enough. A different color scheme would seem like a waste to me. Maybe if they gave the figure extra hands that plug in (open and closed), and included her pet vulture? A second head (Light Spinner)?

I don't really think we need another second rate sorceress from Bright Moon.

Heroic Warrior
    It wouldn't be a waste to a lot of people who missed out the original and can't afford her on the secondary market. It also allows Mattel to get more than a one time use out of a hundred percent tooled figure. Not to mention that some prefer the brighter filmation colors.

Maybe they could create a new waist piece so we can change out her horde emblem with her light spinner gold accent and her shadow weaver "wings" removable to allow her to go from a shadow weaver to light spinner
    Last edited by degra; August 17, 2015 at 08:56pm.

Given that "Catras Wrath" is a moderator and NOT a Mattel employee, I wouldn't read too much into his generic replies.