Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Double Mischief (Double Trouble) Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Double Mischief (Double Trouble) Video Review by Pixel Dan

Double Trouble review is live!

3 down, 1 to go! Enjoy!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Wait so her helmet/headdress doesn't even turn??? That's just bad toy engineering.
    BTW, Dan, you made it sound as if MEF's helmet doesn't turn, either, which is not true.
    Awesome sticker included!

Some customs I am hoping to see.

-Double Trouble with a snake face
    -Double Trouble in U-Matics 'prototype' colors

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Thanks Dan! Enjoyed the video.

Der. In the video, I think she looks totally fine, and the way they did the head- while not ideal- doesn't look anywhere near as bad as the close-up photos on the internet have been showing it to be.
    P.S. Never in a million years did I really think the line would go on so long as to finally hear Pixel Dan say "Let's take a closer look at Double Trouble!"
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I still feel like that head was engineered so poorly. I've said this before, but the fact that they were able to pull the action feature off 30 years ago without having it look like her chin was fused into her neck speaks of out and out laziness on the design team. The choker doesn't do any favors, as it's so bulky, giving her the appearance of a bulldog type neck. Engineering the the head to have the chin pulled away a bit from the neck while having the choker being more tier like, rather than as just a giant block, would've done wonders for making this figure look a lot better.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid and Tung Lashor

Thanks for the great review Pixel Dan! Double Trouble was my FIRST Princess of Power doll oddly enough.

I never liked them cause they had rooted hair, but one day while out I decided to get the "cool green" one. I cut off the ponytail and stuck toothpicks in the top and made her a monster, lol.

After that though, I grew to like all the dolls, and would buy more and more (much to my uncle's disapproval). I eventually had most of the dolls (except Spinnerella).

Not crazy about how the action feature has hurt the design, but still glad to have another HORDE member.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the great video Dan!

Thank you for that great review.

She came out nicely and with normal light her weird head construction isnīt as obvious as shown on the pictures. At least for me she looks better here and iīm sure on my shelf she will look even better.

Iīm glad that her ankles arenīt lose!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    She does look a bit better here; she still has an odd, tucking-her-chin-in look, but I am thinking a little black paint to make the neck area look shadowed will work. Not terribly happy I have to once again do something to fix a brand new MOTUC figure, but at least this looks like something that can be made passable with a minimum of fuss. I will be on the lookout for some custom replacements for the good and bad faces, though.

Glad to see this review; I had feared the figures head was completely beyond saving.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

She looks great. Thanks for the review, Dan.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    I think her helmet has to turn, because in the carded pic it looks like the helmet is sitting sideways over her face?
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    I LOVE POP Faction, But (for me) this is probably THE worst looking POP figure besides Jewel Star !

Horrible Face.......

Horrible Neck..........

Horrible Colour (Vintage Colour Blows This One Out)........

Horrible Design On The Whole !!!!!

BTW, Thanks for your work Danny !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    I think her helmet has to turn, because in the carded pic it looks like the helmet is sitting sideways over her face?
    Mine came like that and it is only because the ponytail and pin has popped out in the package. Once the helmet is on everything is put together, the helmet will NOT turn.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

yea gotta say this one is a total misfire... oh well cant win'
    em all...
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Thanks for the review, Dan! So much potential ruined by sloppy engineering. Why the tractor tire around her neck? It could have been nicely contoured like the vintage one. I also would have sacrificed the action feature to give her a chin. I was hoping this would be an easy fix, but between the "tire" and peg, it looks like another back burner project.

Heroic Warrior
    As has bend said before, did they say at one point they would not sacrifice aesthetics for action features? Wonder I if that got thrown out the window to make DT "pop"?
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

I'm thinking the action feature was probably the best way to go on her.

Had they reduced the size of the helmet to allow the head to move freely and made separate heads, I would imagine that the ponytail would be much thinner (potentially cracking or breaking off with time from the weight), or else they would have just used a fixed version of the same honkin' dial, with the same ponytail thickness, and her head might be constantly leaning backwards or to one side.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm thinking the action feature was probably the best way to go on her.

Had they reduced the size of the helmet to allow the head to move freely and made separate heads, I would imagine that the ponytail would be much thinner (potentially cracking or breaking off with time from the weight), or else they would have just used a fixed version of the same honkin' dial, with the same ponytail thickness, and her head might be constantly leaning backwards or to one side.
    Two separate heads, with an interchangeable helmet would have worked just fine.
    The way it was done with Vykron's head would have been perfect without sacrificing the aesthetics of the figure...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    While I agree that this figure's neck and faces may not be ideal, I am still eagerly awaiting the two I've preordered, because none of this figure's issues are deal-breakers to me.

The rest of the figure seems solid enough, so as far as the collar goes, I'll live with it until the inspiration to improve it arrives. And as for the faces? I think they look pretty good now and imagine the neck issue will be less noticeable after a little Dremel work and some dark paint...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Double Trouble review is live!

3 down, 1 to go! Enjoy!
    Thanks for the reveal.

There's actually quite a bit I like about her. I'm surprised. But I do feel she looks like she's wearing a neck brace.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Thanks for another great review PD! I'm really looking forward to her!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I love watching PD's reviews. It's like the best TV show not on TV.

However, I find it funny each time there's a reference to a negative or underwhelming aspect of the figure being reviewed. Pixel Dan for some reason has a tendency to sugar coat it. It reminds me of that Seinfeld joke:

Everything on planes is very tiny.
    There's always tiny food, tiny liquor bottles, tiny pillows, tiny bathroom, tiny sink, tiny soap. Everyone's in a cramped seat, working on a tiny computer. There's always "a small problem, there'll be a slight delay, we'll be a bit late, if you can be a little patient."
    I might me wrong but I think the only time this didn't happen was in the Panthor review. Big fan none the less!

Heroic Warrior
    Great review and figure.I will do a little eyeshadow to make the evil face look more evil and might trim the neck a little but all in all I see no problem with her.besides it's not like I was gonna take her to the olive garden

Funny how her naughty face got the eyebrows that Nepthu should've gotten....
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....