Thread: Just A Heads Up... DRI Unauthorized Charges

Just A Heads Up... DRI Unauthorized Charges

I just got 2 Unauthorized Charges from DRI (Digital River Ireland) for over $300. Luckily my card company caught it ahead of time and declined them. But I just want to let everyone know to watch out for possible charges.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    I've seen people on FB saying this as well.

Oh jeez, really?

Could someone please tell me how you delete your debit card details off Matty as there doesn't seem be an option. Thanks.

Are these charges via Matty or another online retailer? This info would help. If it's Matty, as they're now shut down no new orders can be placed so unless it's already been charged, we're probably safe from new charges. If it's another retailer than either Matty or DR were compromised and they're using the info at other stores in the DR network.

I'll keep an eye on my debit/bank, though one order was placed on a low-limit CC that has little left on it now so if they try that it won't go anywhere. Bank though is good at reversing charges quick.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Law83 View Post
    Could someone please tell me how you delete your debit card details off Matty as there doesn't seem be an option. Thanks.
    Yeah, I'd like to know this too. Can't get rid of 'em.
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Wanted in Collector's Choice:

Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Attack Trak, Anti-Eternia Man-At-Arms, Dylamug, Mini-comics Tri-Klops.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to know this too. Can't get rid of 'em.
    Go under Main Help. Login and you should see Payment Information with all the cards you have used. You have the option to delete each of them.
    Most Wanted:

Snake Mountain and Eternia Playsets!

since Matty is closed, everyone should probably do that anyway. Though if their database was compromised, it won't matter one way or the other.

Heroic Warrior
    There is no delete option for the payment info.

I had 5 attempeted charges from DR on my card yesterday. The same time I had gotten 5 back to back emails (In the same minuet) about my Thunder Cats sub being canceled. I has initially signed up for the all in one shipment to save on shipping since there were only 5 figures but when I received an email to opt out of the sub I decided to opt out. Thankfully the 5 back to back charges hit so close together that my card declined them.

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    I had 5 attempeted charges from DR on my card yesterday. The same time I had gotten 5 back to back emails (In the same minuet) about my Thunder Cats sub being canceled. I has initially signed up for the all in one shipment to save on shipping since there were only 5 figures but when I received an email to opt out of the sub I decided to opt out. Thankfully the 5 back to back charges hit so close together that my card declined them.
    This makes me wonder now if this is some system bug where they're trying to charge subscriptions. We need everyone hit by these to give details as to the amounts + where they came from. I have seen no such charges but I never bought subs- with the exception of one toy years ago, all my purchases were in the past month or so.

Heroic Warrior
    They haven't attempted to charge me, but my sympathies for those who are getting hit by this.

I'd LIKE to delete my payment info, but for a couple of reasons, cannot. One is that the option isn't always there. I had 5 cards on there. One allowed me to delete it, and I did. 3 more give me no option to delete. One of those is unfortunately current. One is an old number, now expired, so okay-ish. The 4th is a current number, but expired, where the new expiration is in there as the 5th card. That can be deleted, but I don't want to do that yet, because my final Triple Ship sub, which was sent to the wrong address, has been floating around the mail system in Southern California since 12/17/16. After 4 calls to DR, they've still not called me back.

It's let me delete my payment details just now, there was no delete option there last night when I looked via my iPad though.

They might not allow deletion if the card is still needed for a current transaction... although all 3 of my orders had been charged days ago, I deleted both cards last night, and got shipping notices this morning. It may depend on the order processing speed or even the card company.

My outstanding orders all went out before christmas so I was guessing it was maybe a browser issue.

I was just about to delete -some- of my payment info. I had to refresh the page repeatedly to get a DELETE option to appear and I still wasn't able to delete the final two saved cards, but at least they are expired.
    We need to let our new friends at Super 7 know that many of us are ALL IN COLLECTORS. We don't want products that are impossible for the average collector to have access to! If there is a He-man product, I want to buy it. Please no chases or con-only exclusives.

Make your voice heard! We DO want Snake Mountain!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I was just about to delete -some- of my payment info. I had to refresh the page repeatedly to get a DELETE option to appear and I still wasn't able to delete the final two saved cards, but at least they are expired.
    I was able to delete my main card but like you, I was unable to delete 2 older cards in their system. And fortunately like you, those cards are expired.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'm sorry people are going through this. Both my wife and I had our credit cards information stolen not too long after I received Filmation He-Man. We had to get new cards. I was so annoyed by the terrible QC and stupid ankles on Filmation He-Man that I decided I would never order from them again and didn't bother updating my credit information.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior
    I think I'm ok. There was one charge in mid-December that gave me pause, but I looked at my order history and it was for extra Horde Wraiths from mid-November. But the order history is so goofy, because it doesn't show my recent sub charges, and you can't view them in My Subscriptions, either.