Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters Cast - He-Man & She-Ra PODCAST

Woo Hoo! New Masters cast ep! Episode 30 is out. Can't wait to hear it!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Hurra a new episode(a rar relativ silent one ) is out! - thanks

I already listened to the Shadow/RainbowBrite introduction part of it. Time zone "trouble"
    While I was out for a walk with my dog, I although listened to aprox. 5 minutes of the "live episode watching" part which was a bit boring(confusing). At this point I decided to stop the playback until watching "The Ties That Bind" myself - and using masterscast as additional "commentary tack". Don't get me wrong - I think the "watching together idea" is a good idea but in this episodes the "live conversation" had too many "breaks"/"silent parts" - at least for me. I don't know - maybe that changed after the 5th Minute(?). I'll try to watch the cartoon/mastercast bundle tomorrow

So long - Greetings to Prince Adam
    Dr.Tod
    Chuck Norris isst keinen Honig, er kaut Bienen.

my app.net account

Checked to see if there was a wikipedia page and there is! Looks good as well as the new website design.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    WHOA! A fan participation round table will highly entertain you in EPISODE 31 ... now up on the website, iTunes, the world!!

Check out our "Theory Cast"...
    http://www.masterscast.com/

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Sweet, look forward to listening to it!
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    WHOA! A fan participation round table will highly entertain you in EPISODE 31 ... now up on the website, iTunes, the world!!

Check out our "Theory Cast"...
    http://www.masterscast.com/

Whoa! That was a quick release ep! I'll be listening to it at work tonight. Can't wait!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Fans, ey?? I'll be sure to have a listen. Ya' know, I've been thinking about sending in some voice-mail myself... hmm..

He-Fan, you're hilarious with your commentary.

I absolutely love it, I love this podcast... I can't wait to hear this podcast while travelling.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Amazing pod cast guys! Excellent range of issues discussed!!!!! I am so happy the Shadow Weaver issue made it into the cast, hoprfully this will help convince Mattel she really is a character that fans want and then hopefully if all goes well, somewhere down the line we might see her.

Hefty, you are so funny!!!!!!!!!!! I was almost crying with laughter listening to all you guys.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Chris here...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    He-Fan, you're hilarious with your commentary.
    LOL, thanks! It was an honour to participate in an episode of MastersCast (one of my ambitions), and it was great fun to do - I especially enjoyed the opportunities I got to completely make fun of Jon! *laughs evil laugh*

I must admit, I still need to listen to the finished article myself, but hopefully I'll have as much fun listening to it as I did taking part!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Outstanding episode. I really dug the format. AND He-Fan was hilarious!

Yes I totaly agree.
    This episode was/is really awesome and funny! Love it. You should do more of those

Btw. I go with The Shadow because in my opinion King Greyskull, istn't THAT great character, too. Ok, he has a real big cat, but I don't like "his storry" that much.

my app.net account

Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan View Post
    LOL, thanks! It was an honour to participate in an episode of MastersCast (one of my ambitions), and it was great fun to do
    Hope you participate in future ones.

Seriously, the whole thing was very funny. -- Your commentary on marrying King Grayskull, hefty's constant swearing, 'Mattel' muting out part of the podcast, etc. Good times.

I've just listened and thought the podcast turned out great, I only wish I hadn't had to leave half way through!

Some hilarious stuff in there

On the podcast it was asked if Mattel had shaped up with the case ratios for the DC line but no one on the show knew.

Being that I do collect I can say, yes, Mattel has shaped up. The DC case ratios seem to be even packed or at least packed fairly to have no hard to find figures.

Since DC is a collector line unlike Justice League and The Batman I am very confident the case ratios for the new MOTU wil follow this design and be evenly or close to even packed.

Great show everbody! I always enjoy Masters Cast!

loved this ep! I was laughing a lot. You guys should do another ep like this again very soon!

Okay folks...is this the place to talk about the podcasts? Cause I'm sitting here by the comp doing menial labor and listening along.

So where to start? Rainbowbrite, you're laughter is really great. I wish the boys would let you talk more

In fact, Shadow, you seem to dominate the discussion. Let the others speak! I mean, you're a good moderator, but let's get the other two talking a bit more. Maybe you just need a co-anchor to joust verbally with. I suggest Rosie O. I hear she's free and likes toys.

This is feedback for the SDCC '06 recording, mind you. It's the first one I've listened to. Congrats on getting Lou and Erika to partake! Very nice to hear that Larry comment on not having written She-Ra Unchained (although he didn't really answer your question, of what would he have done differently) and liking The Crystal Castle, a great episode.

I didn't really grasp that Eamon was British from reading his posts on the boards, so that was a surprise.

Now I'm listening to the most recent podcast about King Greyskull. I say, let Hefty have his Spinnerella! Folks can tell the reissues apart from the originals anyway, so no harm done. It totally won't happen though, which sucks for him.

I don't see much logic in the argument that you're against King Grekskull being the first figure if you understand he's a limited edition repaint. As you said, it's blind hatred for King Greyskull I guess. But as POP fan, I couldn't care less if they launched a She-Ra line using a Twigget figure, so long as it meant there were other toys coming along the way. That seems to be the big difference between She-Ravers and He-Fans - the He-fans are picky! Not to say you're a strict He-fan though...

Great idea for releasing Shadow Weaver under a different name. Although BCI could still sue, since they'll be on the lookout for carbon copies of characters Mattel isn't willing to shell out the cash for the liscense for.

I agree that She-Ra being an action figure is a good start, but I wonder if the time is right for a properly-done She-Ra figure. If this were the early 90s, she'd have looked more buff certainly, and since the 200Xs started up, sexy women seem to dominate lines pretty exclusively. Can she come out looking as good as a reissued original He-Man, when the original She-Ra never really won us all over to begin with?

I'm saying this as a Filmation fan. Without the show, I wouldn't have gotten into the series. Food for thought.

I'm hoping for, more than anything, a Filmation accurate toyline. Why Mattel and BCI wouldn't get together to create some statues for a year or two, sell those and test the market, and then launch a classic figure line devoted to both shows is beyond me. It sounds so simple. I don't need characters reinvented. I need them as they were on the screen!

I don't see a Mike Young DTV happening. But I'm not in favor of a relaunch with a show. I don't think that would leave Mattel with enough control to just weather the storm of having a successful MOTU/POP line. Let's not complicate this. Let's just sell 'em!

And then do a movie. And a show. And another three toylines. And merchandise.

EDIT: ROTFL!!! Seriously, I'm tearing. Holy...DIC! LOL - that's intense. You guys should always have several people on the podcast. Great chemistry folks! Such fun.
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; May 9, 2008 at 07:40pm.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Okay folks...is this the place to talk about the podcasts? Cause I'm sitting here by the comp doing menial labor and listening along.

So where to start? Rainbowbrite, you're laughter is really great. I wish the boys would let you talk more

In fact, Shadow, you seem to dominate the discussion. Let the others speak! I mean, you're a good moderator, but let's get the other two talking a bit more. Maybe you just need a co-anchor to joust verbally with. I suggest Rosie O. I hear she's free and likes toys.

This is feedback for the SDCC '06 recording, mind you. It's the first one I've listened to. Congrats on getting Lou and Erika to partake! Very nice to hear that Larry comment on not having written She-Ra Unchained (although he didn't really answer your question, of what would he have done differently) and liking The Crystal Castle, a great episode.

I didn't really grasp that Eamon was British from reading his posts on the boards, so that was a surprise.

Now I'm listening to the most recent podcast about King Greyskull. I say, let Hefty have his Spinnerella! Folks can tell the reissues apart from the originals anyway, so no harm done. It totally won't happen though, which sucks for him.

I don't see much logic in the argument that you're against King Grekskull being the first figure if you understand he's a limited edition repaint. As you said, it's blind hatred for King Greyskull I guess. But as POP fan, I couldn't care less if they launched a She-Ra line using a Twigget figure, so long as it meant there were other toys coming along the way. That seems to be the big difference between She-Ravers and He-Fans - the He-fans are picky! Not to say you're a strict He-fan though...

Great idea for releasing Shadow Weaver under a different name. Although BCI could still sue, since they'll be on the lookout for carbon copies of characters Mattel isn't willing to shell out the cash for the liscense for.

I agree that She-Ra being an action figure is a good start, but I wonder if the time is right for a properly-done She-Ra figure. If this were the early 90s, she'd have looked more buff certainly, and since the 200Xs started up, sexy women seem to dominate lines pretty exclusively. Can she come out looking as good as a reissued original He-Man, when the original She-Ra never really won us all over to begin with?

I'm saying this as a Filmation fan. Without the show, I wouldn't have gotten into the series. Food for thought.

I'm hoping for, more than anything, a Filmation accurate toyline. Why Mattel and BCI wouldn't get together to create some statues for a year or two, sell those and test the market, and then launch a classic figure line devoted to both shows is beyond me. It sounds so simple. I don't need characters reinvented. I need them as they were on the screen!

I don't see a Mike Young DTV happening. But I'm not in favor of a relaunch with a show. I don't think that would leave Mattel with enough control to just weather the storm of having a successful MOTU/POP line. Let's not complicate this. Let's just sell 'em!

And then do a movie. And a show. And another three toylines. And merchandise.

EDIT: ROTFL!!! Seriously, I'm tearing. Holy...DIC! LOL - that's intense. You guys should always have several people on the podcast. Great chemistry folks! Such fun.
    Glad you enjoyed the latest podcast. Real quick, to your remark about a Filmation accurate toyline...if I'm not mistaken, one of the stipulations of doing the 200x re-launch was that they had to re-sculpt the figures to look differently than the originals. Something to do with licensing fees. Same reason we're not getting Shadow Weaver. I think it would be very cool to have some type of Filmation type figures...I just wouldn't hold my breath on it.

Regarding your comment about the new She-Ra figure, I hope I understand you right, I completely agree with what you're saying. I say a revamped She-Ra is part of what this line needs. Heck, revamp the whole POP line. I had made mention that I don't know that releasing the POP figures with "brushable hair" is the way to go with this line. I think you'd be alienating your demographic doing this.

Regarding your comment about Shadow Weaver, I don't think you're going to have a problem making a figure that looks the same but under a different name. As I said in the podcast, look at Battle Fist. Couldn't use the name Fisto, but was able to create a new name for the character and he looks nearly identical to the original Fisto. All they would need to do is create some of those Horde mystics/wizards and make one a male and one a female. Bam! Instant gratification for the Shadow Weaver lovers out there!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Eamon is Irish.

Okay........so clearly I'm still not grasping it!

Since I was working as I listened, I did lose track occassionally of who was saying what. But y'all do have distinctive voices, so props on that. Nothing worse than a bunch of guys who all talk the same chatting back and forth.

Regarding your comment about the new She-Ra figure, I hope I understand you right, I completely agree with what you're saying. I say a revamped She-Ra is part of what this line needs. Heck, revamp the whole POP line. I had made mention that I don't know that releasing the POP figures with "brushable hair" is the way to go with this line. I think you'd be alienating your demographic doing this.

Okay...I guess I wasn't very clear: I don't care to see re-styled POP figures. I mean, yes, I know that's what we're getting...but all I've ever really wanted were figures that looked Filmation accurate. And I know that's not what this new line is about.

I'm happy there will be She-Ra love, but I'll always shake my head at the fact that some silly issue about fees is going to prevent there from ever being Filmation She-Ra figures. That's what I really want. Everything else (the SDCC She-Ra, whatever interpretations we see in this new line) is just kinda what I'm settling for, you know?

As for rooted hair...I like it, but I don't need it. Plastic hair is fine too. I will say though, that real hair and real cloth always made figures more...real, back in the day. You know? There's something about that Spawn look that turns me off.

I hope you're right about Weaver. But again, it all comes down to how many She-Ra characters make it into this line. I'm not going to buy just a Shadow Weaver and She-Ra. That wouldn't make for much of a collection. There need to be 5 cool She-Ra figures for me to invest. I'm a picky guy.

How big are these things going to be again? They won't work with the old figures, I'm guessing. Not that I need them too, mind you.

Ideas for future chats:

-Y'all seem to have a good rapport when you're talking about anything He-Man/POP related...so why not collect some of the fun facts from the DVDs, and quiz each other during a future podcast, just for laughs?

-Whoever collected those fun-facts...interview them! I mean, I know you did at SDCC 06, I'm forgetting his name, but try and get him again. I mean, he really knows everything about these shows, and I'd love to hear about how we went about working on the DVDs in greater detail. Maybe he could answer some questions that still linger...such as was the Red Knight intended to be Angella's husband in the original script?

-How about suggesting the top ten episodes of the 200X series? I've seen like three shows, and won't seek out more unless there's a recommendation.

Keep up the good work. The podcasts come along how often...?

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Episode 32 is up and filled with surprises! FUN FUN FUN!

Hit up the website or iTunes.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

What a nice surprise - I liked both of your guest stars!
    Especially the one I already heard at some of the former MastersCast episodes

Btw. in my opinion that KingHiss is Teela's father - not Fisto or Man-at-arms.

Anyway thanks for this new awesome episode and I hope that there will follow a few more this year

my app.net account

Hmm.... I kinda like the topic of this episode, I kinda dig it.....

Good to hear that Lioncourt is back to the podcast land.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.