Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 451

Thread: Masters Cast - He-Man & She-Ra PODCAST

  1. #376
    He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    23,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Awesome!!! Man, I got 2 episodes of Gooble on deck still and now a MastersCast!!

    Can't wait to hear what you guys think of the new stuff.
    Now that I think of it, I don't think we gave enough opinions on the new toys!

    Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

  2. #377
    Colors make you happy! Rainbow Brite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Rainbowland of course!
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Now that I think of it, I don't think we gave enough opinions on the new toys!
    Or the Grayskulls! Doh!

  3. #378
    Adora's Father dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    10,868
    Just saw a Google ads Masters Cast ad on the front page of the forums.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

    Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

  4. #379
    #1 Extendar Fan! JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,722
    That's pretty cool!

  5. #380
    He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    23,470
    Masters Cast - Episode 47


    http://masterscast.com/


    Special guest host Leanne Hannah (StratosMacca on the forums!) joins us as we review and analyze the following topics of power:

    Masters of the Universe Classics 2013 subscriptions are a go
    DC Comics He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Issue 1
    DC Digital Masters of the Universe Chapter 2: Man-At-Arms
    DC Digital Masters of the Universe Chapter 3: Battle Cat
    DC Digital Masters of the Universe Chapter 4: Randor
    Power-Con 2012 is coming!


    Direct Download: Episode 47

    Duration: 1:18:00

    Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

  6. #381
    Heroic Warrior Slave2Evil_Lyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,669
    Fabulous, now I have something to listen to at work on Tuesday!

    SeenSB
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

  7. #382
    Heroic Warrior of Avion
    StratosMacca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Maryland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    4,582
    Had tons of fun as a guest on Masters Cast. Thanks again to Jon, Martin and Josh for having me on!

    And LONG LIVE STRATOS.

  8. #383
    #1 Extendar Fan! JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,722
    I enjoyed this but I found the assertion that Jitsu was a 2nd or 3rd tier character strange. I just never thought of him that way. I guess because my view of the toys isn't very Filmation-centric? So the number of appearances in it doesn't matter. I always thought he was just as important as Fisto and just as cool. I'd rate him as A-list. Probably even above someone like Two-Bad. So it's just funny to hear how different fans interpret those things.

    You guys seemed to enjoy the first comic far more than I did. I still liked it, but I wasn't in love with it. I'm still holding out any real opinion until I can read more issues. I just hope there isn't a HUGE shift with Issue 2 and the new writer plot-wise.

  9. #384
    Winning Skeletor Wacky Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,974
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I enjoyed this but I found the assertion that Jitsu was a 2nd or 3rd tier character strange. I just never thought of him that way. I guess because my view of the toys isn't very Filmation-centric? So the number of appearances in it doesn't matter. I always thought he was just as important as Fisto and just as cool. I'd rate him as A-list. Probably even above someone like Two-Bad. So it's just funny to hear how different fans interpret those things.
    Yeah, I tend to judge importance based on cartoon/story significance, and the only memory I really had of Jitsu was him showing up for about ten seconds in the Filmation toon.
    "Evil can never defeat good!"
    "Don't be ridiculous, of course it can!"
    He-Man and Skeletor in 'Crack in the World'.

  10. #385
    He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    23,470
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I enjoyed this but I found the assertion that Jitsu was a 2nd or 3rd tier character strange. I just never thought of him that way. I guess because my view of the toys isn't very Filmation-centric? So the number of appearances in it doesn't matter. I always thought he was just as important as Fisto and just as cool. I'd rate him as A-list. Probably even above someone like Two-Bad. So it's just funny to hear how different fans interpret those things.
    I definitely think Filmation has a lot to do with it. Being born at the tail end of '82 -- I never knew He-Man with Filmation, nor do I think I ever knew of He-Man without She-Ra really either. So Filmation tends to always be the litmus test for character popularity in a way to me more so than how the toyline often had checks-and-balances within the toy line with good/evil ... ie your Fisto/Jitsu.

    Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

  11. #386
    #1 Extendar Fan! JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,722
    Yeah, it's funny because I didn't really know He-man without Filmation either. I got into He-man when I was 5 (around 1984... my first figures were the Battle Armor variants and Road Ripper) so they always kind of went hand in hand. I remember being very confused when I got an early mini-comic from a garage sale and the story was so different. I guess my perception is colored a bit because I watched Filmation very regularly for a year or so, but as soon as it went to She-Ra I rarely ever watched the cartoon, and I never watched the cartoon again until I viewed a smattering of episodes when 2002 came out. I went a good 12 years or so without thinking of He-man or MOTU at all! I still haven't seen a large number of the episodes though I watch them from time to time and have the sets BCI produced. So my experience with the characters is pretty much based on the figures I remember and what people talk about online.

  12. #387
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    418
    I just started listing to this podcast, and I gotta say I really like them. I appreciate the open-mindedness you guys have, it's really refreshing in a brand that has a lot of vocal "purists".

  13. #388
    Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Penny Dreadful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    3,222
    StratosMacca is a guest on the show?! Awesome!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes
    I enjoyed this but I found the assertion that Jitsu was a 2nd or 3rd tier character strange. I just never thought of him that way. I guess because my view of the toys isn't very Filmation-centric? So the number of appearances in it doesn't matter. I always thought he was just as important as Fisto and just as cool. I'd rate him as A-list. Probably even above someone like Two-Bad. So it's just funny to hear how different fans interpret those things.
    I agree 100% with your assessment of Jitsu, JonWes. I remember seeing him in the cartoon first (and wanting a figure of him), but he never showed up again in the series. However, because the figure was released at the height of the MOTU toyline's popularity, almost everybody had him or at least knew someone who had the "samurai-looking guy with the big gold hand." IMO, Jitsu definitely counts as an important MOTU vintage figure for this reason.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England


    OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

  14. #389
    The Line of Eld Lioncourt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Better here than Privet Drive
    Posts
    9,230
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I enjoyed this but I found the assertion that Jitsu was a 2nd or 3rd tier character strange. I just never thought of him that way. I guess because my view of the toys isn't very Filmation-centric? So the number of appearances in it doesn't matter. I always thought he was just as important as Fisto and just as cool. I'd rate him as A-list. Probably even above someone like Two-Bad. So it's just funny to hear how different fans interpret those things.
    Jitsu has several strikes against him being a high-profile character, IMO. It's those strikes taken collectively, which makes me rank him low. They are, in no particular order:

    - Very little charactea development in any medium, not just animation

    - Exists almost entirely as a ethnic/cultural token-like inclusion. Ninjor and Rio Blast suffer a similar problem

    - Relatively uninteresting look/design

    - How often do you hear any fan declare Jitsu among their favorite characters?


    I don't actively dislike him, I just don't find him compelling. I readily admit that these are subjective views, but I do think they are probably shared by many, maybe most, fans.

    I think Jitsu is a great fig for 2013, just a poor choice to get fans revved up.

    On an aside, it was great having Leanne on the show!

    " … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

    { @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }
    19

  15. #390
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,529
    Very cool as always!

  16. #391
    #1 Extendar Fan! JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    Jitsu has several strikes against him being a high-profile character, IMO. It's those strikes taken collectively, which makes me rank him low. They are, in no particular order:

    - Very little charactea development in any medium, not just animation

    - Exists almost entirely as a ethnic/cultural token-like inclusion. Ninjor and Rio Blast suffer a similar problem

    - Relatively uninteresting look/design

    - How often do you hear any fan declare Jitsu among their favorite characters?
    I can see the fact that he hasn't had a ton of character development in various media, although I guess I always thought of that as being somewhat secondary because my childhood was really more about creating my own stories. I would often recreate scenes from mini-comics (like Roboto attacking Teela in front of Grayskull!) but a lot of the time I was just on my own. So I guess in my mind this was all very secondary.

    As far as the tokenism, I guess I don't really see that as a strike against him as a figure popularity-wise. Clearly his face sculpt in the classic line is problematic at best, but I think his general vibe and look (especially in 200X and the update here) is really cool. I guess I just have always really dug the samurai aspects of him and his color scheme. And the karate chop hand is very cool! I just have always felt he was distinctive and really was bolstered by the fact that he was sort of the evil version of Fisto. So I'd always put them on pretty equal ground popularity-wise in my own head.

    But, to be honest a lot of that is more personal experience and the fact that the staction seemed so desirable. Maybe the desire of the latter was more to do with it's rarity and the cool-factor of the sculpt versus the actual character? I think that, combined with what Danielle brought up above (about him being released at the height of the line's popularity and his high remembrance factor) put him up higher in my mind. In any case, I thought the point of view that he was 3rd tier was interesting!

  17. #392
    The Line of Eld Lioncourt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Better here than Privet Drive
    Posts
    9,230
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I guess I just have always really dug the samurai aspects of him and his color scheme. And the karate chop hand is very cool! I just have always felt he was distinctive and really was bolstered by the fact that he was sort of the evil version of Fisto. So I'd always put them on pretty equal ground popularity-wise in my own head.

    But, to be honest a lot of that is more personal experience and the fact that the staction seemed so desirable. Maybe the desire of the latter was more to do with it's rarity and the cool-factor of the sculpt versus the actual character? I think that, combined with what Danielle brought up above (about him being released at the height of the line's popularity and his high remembrance factor) put him up higher in my mind. In any case, I thought the point of view that he was 3rd tier was interesting!
    I never cared for overt references to very identifiable Earth cultures in MotU. The characters whose genesis crossed the line for me were the afore mentioned Rio Blast, Ninjor, and Jitsu. As a kid, my thought process was always like, "WTH? Why would there be a samurai on Eternia?" It took me out of the story. Yes, perhaps I was a strange child. Either way, the feeling persists to this day.

    Part of the beauty of MotU is that the universe is so large, and therefore gives birth to a buge array of opinions and views. I wish more fans would embrace the diversity and enjoy the debates as a fun part of the fandom.

    Oh, and I have the Jitsu staction, and its AWESOME!

    " … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

    { @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }
    19

  18. #393
    #1 Extendar Fan! JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    I never cared for overt references to very identifiable Earth cultures in MotU. The characters whose genesis crossed the line for me were the afore mentioned Rio Blast, Ninjor, and Jitsu. As a kid, my thought process was always like, "WTH? Why would there be a samurai on Eternia?" It took me out of the story. Yes, perhaps I was a strange child. Either way, the feeling persists to this day.
    It's funny you say that because it didn't really phase me as a child. But I totally understand your point now. I guess with MOTU, because it felt normal as a kid, it doesn't bother me now.

    I suppose you could always think of it as the "parallel development" theory. This was used a lot by Gene Roddenberry in Star Trek to justify how the crew could end up on a planet where it seemed the populace was living in the Wild West or something. Of course, the logic starts to break down when you say that an Asian-looking character just so happens to come from a culture where there are Ninjas or a samurai-ish warriors. That seems like too much of a coincidence.

    Of course, people could always point to the Marlena influence. it'd be interesting if somehow the records of her ship were transmitted to the rest of Eternia... maybe they even became a popular form of entertainment, and some of these heroes and villains took on characteristics of the people in the records of the ship.

    If I were to ever write some Masters of the Universe fiction, I think it'd be cool if Eternia were at the center of the universe again, and somehow was the "template" for the universe. In other words, it was somehow connected to the rest of the universe so that the battle between good and evil there echoed and rippled throughout the universe. That is why they'd all be called "Masters of the Universe" because as went Eternia so went the rest of the universe. That would explain why Ninjas, Samurais and Cowboys turned up. The aspects of that which we see in our world are just echoes of the original templates on Eternia.

    And with that, I've probably just gone off the fan-boy deep end. LOL.

    I wish more fans would embrace the diversity and enjoy the debates as a fun part of the fandom.
    Indeed! I have fun on topics like this! I enjoy fun debates!

  19. #394
    Heroic Warrior MAXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Frelling Germany
    Posts
    742
    Hello Masters Cast members, i found your podcast some weeks back and downloaded and heard the last 10 of them.
    It is nice to hear some more opinions. I don't agree oftentimes, but what the heck. And i love Katiy's voice, when she laughs and get's excited, it goes so high pitched. So sweet.

    I won't get into the older podcasts, but i thought to write something for the topics in the newest episode while listening to it.
    Here are my comments:

    Subscription.
    The biggest thing for me this year. I never have had a subscription so far, and i own just a couple of figures, due to the lack of money. I traded with some people, art for toys... but it never will get me many figures.
    But this year, first the reveals, almost all the figures are great in my opinion. When i saw procrustos, man, he is amazing... and i don't like either Titus nor Megator. Also i am not a fan of King He-Man... his neck is so damn long, the armor ... nah, just say, not a fan. But Jitsu, Fangman, Randor, even Mosquitor look great to me.
    Netossa? Okay, i first thought why is Frosta now black? I never saw or heard of Netossa before.

    Then there was this doomsday mood on the german forums (sorry, forgot to mention, i am from germany), and they posted over 30 pages of how the line is at it's end because all day long came news about the subscription, not enough to have for next year, then the videos of toyguru explaining what is going to happen if they don't reach the limit and sadly begging people to subscribe, then the horsemen and so on.
    Then i got an idea, i will save the line... yes, single handedly
    No, not really, but my idea was, to get several Fans in purchasing original artwork of any character they'd like, to get me the money to order one subscription. Well, that didn't work... only two persons wanted something. So what to do? Well, i will make it the most expensive subscription ever by offering those who would invest some money for my subsciption to get a whole comic from an german audioplay, drawn and all that by myself.
    That worked pretty well, i have a subscription now and many people who want a book drawn by me.
    That is awesome. What is so expensive? Producing so much art for at least 48 pages, in full color would cost way much more that one subscription.


    Babysteeling Hordak? Cool idea.

    Ram Man, never liked him very much, the old toy was horrible. Filmation he was dumb, not so much better in MYP, but he looked better (a bit like a roman legionaire), but the classic one, yes, he looks cool, but i am not a fan of the face, those squeezed eyes... nah. But he is not a reason for me to subscribe.

    Jitsu, AWESOME! Had him as a kid, like him way more than Fisto. Why? He was a Karate Master and has had a Samurai Sword, what is there not to like? He is no real Samurai. A Samurai does not use Karate, he is a swordmaster, and Jitsu does not even like a Samurai except for the hairdo.
    And the new one, he is so damn cool, i like his extra weapons and i don't care if people say "he can only hold one weapon", so what, in my mind, his hand is not fixed, the fingers are movable, just not in the toy. If he hasn't had anything like stories or animation time... sad thing that the writers focused more on other figures, but he was great and the right opposite to the BOXER on Eternia, Fisto.
    And the new one is way better. I even included him in my calender drawings (wich i didn't post here, yet).

    Fangman, great Figure from what i saw.

    Vikron ... well, glad he is not in the subscription.

    Subscription thing:
    Maybe people wanted to show to Mattel that they aren't that happy about the subscription and Digital River and waited to the last minute to subscribe to just give them a big scare.


    Comic topic
    The idea of Skeletor taking over is good. The new Designs? Not a fan of it. But that was discussed in other places at length so i don't explain what i didn't like.
    What i didn't like about the book, when i think about it is, that there was a lot of sliding around and an ugly Skeletor sitting with big... you know what, on his "chair". To me the fight was poorly executed. I wasn't sure if they were sliding down a damn mountain all the time. The trees didn't show that very much.
    And the Forest itself looks like it could be any forest on earth wich is sad because Eternia is a FANTASY Place and there is so much possible in doing strange fauna.

    What i find sad is, that Zoar does not have a real Falcon painting on his head. I mean the coloring of the feathers, just a blue head... not falcon like.
    And in the same panel, Adams sleeve color turns from grey into green, what happened? Don't we pay attention?

    Laser lot
    Horrible. No Masters feeling at all. Not even with the preternia map in his home.
    And the last image... man what a waste. It could have been so cool... but no it wasn't.

    Man-at-Arms
    Loved it, even if some lines wouldn't have been drawn freehand, a ruler would have been nice.
    I don't care if some think it is like Bond or anything, it is a nice show of his gadgets and that is what this book makes fun. To have him counteract the magic but in the end fails because they sensed him right away anyways.
    The ship at the end, doesn't matter. Other timeline other flying objects.

    @ Shadow
    If the gems would have been in the right size for the projected Castle Grayskull, nobody would have seen them
    Also the grayskull in the projection is not the same in which they seem to be in at the end.


    Battle Cat
    It is good. That they were at war with the panthers is a nice idea to have cringer cringe all the time. But i would have made him a bit smaller, so it doesn't come of as whenever he-man needs Battle Cat he is just putting Armor on his cat.
    That is something i liked in the 200X Cartoon, nobody would really suspect Adam being He-Man because he is just a teenager with no muscles and He-Man looks in his twenties and all powered up. Also the voice is different. Only thing that is the same is the sword, wich seemed to grow with He-Man.

    The reason why there is no Adam to me is simply this: he is still with his dad in the woods.
    The things we see Cringer remember might be just what has happened in the original timeline before it was changed and comes to him in a dream, he wakes up from sleep you see. Just like Adam in the first Issue.
    They are all tied together. Except for Randor and probably the next few that will come.


    Randor
    Oh my good... the story... the artwork ... not my thing. I must say, it is horrible with no end to me. The color guy just found the dodge and burn tool and used it in the strangest places imaginable. The style is so gritty and hard, big shadows and big lines everywhere, why in the world would they use such soft coloring? And light and shading makes no sense. There is this one image with the shoulderpad at the bottom of the page 6, the little nobs on there have black tops, and the colorist made in the middle of the shoulder pad a big highlight? How does this work? Well, it is also a flaw of the penciller who set the shadows there.
    Not a fan, the story is clichee and so foreseeable and the last image of He-Man and ... Teela or She-Ra playing in the Throneroom makes absolutely no sense to me at all.
    The last panel gave me almost a seizure, the pixels? Man what the hell?
    Sorry.
    Maybe if they would have left the stuff that he is remembering in black and white and only the "now" in color would have been a nice touch, but this, as it is... no, not a fan.

    And what is more horrible, leaving the infected on the mountain were they could find a way to get down, or slicing dicing and shooting the infected into pieces?
    Just because the antidote is empty it doesn't mean there can't be cooked up some more, right?
    Flying with a wind raider over and use a dartgun to give these guys their "shots".


    What i don't like ist, that they seem to use only the pencils and turn them into solid blacks to save time and the inker. Unfortunately some of the beauty of the art gets lost in translation then...



    My condolences to Katy and her family!

  20. #395
    He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    23,470
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXX View Post
    Hello Masters Cast members, i found your podcast some weeks back and downloaded and heard the last 10 of them.
    It is nice to hear some more opinions. I don't agree oftentimes, but what the heck. And i love Katiy's voice, when she laughs and get's excited, it goes so high pitched. So sweet.
    Awesome, thanks for checking us out!


    Babysteeling Hordak? Cool idea.
    I thought so! A lot of people have talked about wanting not only a Horde Trooper, but the ability to put a Hordak and/or He-Man head on it as well. I think it would be great to include the Hordak and He-Man heads if they even just release a singular Horde Trooper.

    Subscription thing:
    Maybe people wanted to show to Mattel that they aren't that happy about the subscription and Digital River and waited to the last minute to subscribe to just give them a big scare.
    Could be, I never thought about it from that angle.


    The idea of Skeletor taking over is good.
    I think it will be interesting to see how it plays out since normally we are use to Hordak being in control, but Skeletor more of an evil rebel.


    @ Shadow
    If the gems would have been in the right size for the projected Castle Grayskull, nobody would have seen them
    Also the grayskull in the projection is not the same in which they seem to be in at the end.
    That's true. If they were that big, Duncan probably wouldn't have been able to just pick it up either. Though I'm sure he could have invented some sort of shrink-ray.

    Teela or She-Ra playing in the Throneroom makes absolutely no sense to me at all.
    This part really threw me as well. It just didn't make much sense at all, especially with the girl wearing a completely different outfit. I just wasn't sure who it was.

    Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

  21. #396
    The Line of Eld Lioncourt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Better here than Privet Drive
    Posts
    9,230
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXX View Post
    Hello Masters Cast members, i found your podcast some weeks back and downloaded and heard the last 10 of them.
    It is nice to hear some more opinions. I don't agree oftentimes, but what the heck.
    Welcome to the fold!

    Actually, even the hosts of MastersCast don't agree much of the time. For instance, take Shadow's stubborn insistence that Hordak is cooler than Skeletor! I mean…c'mon! LOL
    Babysteeling Hordak? Cool idea.
    Im ok with the idea, but it needs a better name. "Adora's Abduction Hordak" perhaps?

    " … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

    { @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }
    19

  22. #397
    Heroic Warrior MAXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Frelling Germany
    Posts
    742
    Thanks guys and i will keep listening, especially the episode in which you review my comic, if you get it... that is.

    @ Lioncourt
    Thanks for the welcome.

    Is Hordak cooler than Skeletor? Hmm, i can't decide... i love the Alacala Skeletor, the man drew a pretty awesome Skeletor, how would have a Hordak looked like? I would say, they both have their own coolness, and i don't want to miss anyone of them (except for the bios and these stupid "codename / realname" crap, i don't like them at all).

    Babystealing Hordak sounds fun. It could be in the same corner as the Molar set, wich is a fun thing and shows, Mattel has humor. But to have that Hordak in the canon and be a serious part of the line and being a variant of Hordak, i would go with a kind of "Battle Armor Hordak". That's what it is, right? But i would like to have the armor change, i saw the part where in this remember scene and this armor just looks dull and totally boring. He is the boss, he needs a nice armor. I could Imagine him with a kind of Battle ARmor like He-Man or Skeletor, wich have their own style, and so could Hordak. Hmm, maybe i draw that up on the weekend.

  23. #398
    He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    23,470


    http://masterscast.com/?p=437

    EPISODE 49

    Topics of power:



    • Special introduction by the voice of Skeletor, Brian Dobson
    • Masters of the Universe Digital Comic 6: Orko
    • Power-Con 2012



    Direct Download: Episode 49



    Duration: 1:12:02

    Friend us on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/MastersCast

    Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

  24. #399
    Heroic Warrior of Avion
    StratosMacca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Maryland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    4,582
    I love the title of this episode, Jon! Seriously, Katy's reaction to the Orko comic made me like it even more than before!

    Also, mad thanks to Brian Dobson for our special introduction-- what an awesome guy! Super nice and friendly. (And I loved that I could hear bits of Skeletor in his voice as I was talking to him.)

  25. #400
    +2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    654
    Listening now (haven't finished yet) and, of course, another great episode.

    I enjoyed the discussions on the She-ra property, how she fit in, and how a hypothetical stand alone series could work. Personally, I think it'd be kinda neat if they presented a new series exactly how the mythology was originally, but simply shifted the perspective. In Filmation, we saw the PoP universe introduced through He-Man/Adams eyes and with a knowledge of everything he knew. I think it would be great to experience it through Adora's perspective in a new series. I'd love to see an entire mini-series that fully cemented Etheria and Adora's worldview while a member of the Horde. Then, allow us to fully appreciate what it's like to have one mysterious character show up and totally blow our mind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •