Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters Cast - He-Man & She-Ra PODCAST

Thanks for the kind words on the song. It was so much fun produce. The newest version sounds a lot better than the original version from a few years agoShads really amped up those vocals!

Quote Originally Posted by BennieBrewer View Post
    From episode 43: Josh I totally honestly want Yukkers!
    Nooooooooooooo!!!

I really, really want Dree Elle though.

" the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few "
    " or the one "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    Thanks for the kind words on the song. It was so much fun produce. The newest version sounds a lot better than the original version from a few years agoShads really amped up those vocals!
    So where can we download it.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    So where can we download it.

The original thread is over here in the She-Ra forum, or you can download the most recent episode of MastersCast!

" the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few "
    " or the one "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar

Episode 44

Episode 44

It’s all about Toy Fair 2012 and the captivating image of Sir Laser Lot. Ok, maybe we were more interested in Frosta and Spikor. Special guest fan co-host Count Marzo from the forums joins us while Katy is off on a cruise!

Direct Download: Episode 44 (mp3)

Duration: 1:20:52

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    lol @ the Sir Laser-Lot/3d glasses pic.

Awesome stuff! It was an honor to be on MastersCast and get to talk to you guys after all these years. I must say, I'd rather listen to you guys with Katy than myself!

It was a great episode to be on too since we got to discuss the Toy Fair reveals (aka Spikor) which happens to be my childhood favorite figure that I carried around everywhere with me. Lots of good memories of Spikor... I remember carrying my blue and orange MOTU dufflebag around everywhere and on family vacations to Florida twice a year. It was my carry-on bag and I remember going thru airport security as a kid in the 80s and they opened it and saw Spikor on top and picked him up and said "what the heck is he supposed to be". Needless to say that just made me like him even more after that experience. I'm surprised I can remember things like that from when I was like 5 yet I can barely remember last week.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

First time listing to Masters Cast, and I enjoyed it very much. Being the first time I don't have everyone's voices down, who was it that said they "hate Teela," and why do they hate her?
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    First time listing to Masters Cast, and I enjoyed it very much. Being the first time I don't have everyone's voices down, who was it that said they "hate Teela," and why do they hate her?
    That was probably me. It's just a running gag that I hate Teela and prefer foxy Adora.

And glad you checked out the podcast! Thanks for downloading!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    lol @ the Sir Laser-Lot/3d glasses pic.

Awesome stuff! It was an honor to be on MastersCast and get to talk to you guys after all these years. I must say, I'd rather listen to you guys with Katy than myself!

It was a great episode to be on too since we got to discuss the Toy Fair reveals (aka Spikor) which happens to be my childhood favorite figure that I carried around everywhere with me. Lots of good memories of Spikor... I remember carrying my blue and orange MOTU dufflebag around everywhere and on family vacations to Florida twice a year. It was my carry-on bag and I remember going thru airport security as a kid in the 80s and they opened it and saw Spikor on top and picked him up and said "what the heck is he supposed to be". Needless to say that just made me like him even more after that experience. I'm surprised I can remember things like that from when I was like 5 yet I can barely remember last week.
    You spoke so little in the postcast!!! I wanted to hear you more

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Count Marzo on MastersCast?! Awesome! Did you share your black flowers with TheShadow, Lioncourt, and Wacky Martin? And did Wacky Martin become even more wacky afterward?
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Yes, when I listen to this in the morning, I expect black flower aftermath!

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    You spoke so little in the postcast!!! I wanted to hear you more
    Sorry, I've never been on a podcast before...I wasn't about to launch a hostile take over or anything.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    And did Wacky Martin become even more wacky afterward?
    Well, he did start making those monkey sounds...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Sorry, I've never been on a podcast before...I wasn't about to launch a hostile take over or anything.
    Pretend you're in the chat. LOL

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    The reason why they didnt put the wind raider and granamyr in the subs is because they need play room for the pricing of the items and they don't want to be locked in at a price with the subscribers when they need to increase the price like hey did with the raider

Great episode and discussion! Martin's Abu was freaky.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Great guest appearance, Marzo! It's always weird when you hear the voice of someone for the first time that you've known online for years!

Another enjoyable episode guys!!

On the Funko stuff, the Wacky Wobblers are fully sculpted, both the heads and bodies. So Josh should really enjoy those! As for the Pop Vinyl figures, those are much less detailed. They are stylized...the "LEGO man" term Josh used is a decent way to describe them, but they aren't exactly like that. The Funko Pop Vinyl figures have large heads, smaller bodies, are only articulated at the head, and are known for their round, black eyes. It's kind of the trademark on these.

I think the Cobra Commander figure Jon was using as an example is the Mighty Muggs version from Hasbro, which is similar, but those have no sculpting detail at all. Those are stricly painted. The Pop Vinyls are sculped, just not overly detailed.

Sorry...just wanted to bust in my some toy knowledge.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I'm surprised I can remember things like that from when I was like 5 yet I can barely remember last week.
    That's because your black flowers affect short-term memory, not long-term.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Pretend you're in the chat. LOL
    I don't think Mr. Shadow over there would want to spend a month editting an episode of MastersCast if I did such a thing. At least the chatroom auto-*censors* me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Great guest appearance, Marzo! It's always weird when you hear the voice of someone for the first time that you've known online for years!
    I could imagine and thanks! It was really fun to finally get to talk with Jon, Josh, and Martin after all these years. We're talking over a decade in some cases. We used to spend a lot of time in the chatroom back in the day during the MYP cartoon and such.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    That's because your black flowers affect short-term memory, not long-term.
    That's probably the reality of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Well, he did start making those monkey sounds...
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Great episode and discussion! Martin's Abu was freaky.
    lmao, I totally thought that was a recording or some sort of toy that made those sounds. I dunno how he does that.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    On the Funko stuff, the Wacky Wobblers are fully sculpted, both the heads and bodies. So Josh should really enjoy those! As for the Pop Vinyl figures, those are much less detailed. They are stylized...the "LEGO man" term Josh used is a decent way to describe them, but they aren't exactly like that. The Funko Pop Vinyl figures have large heads, smaller bodies, are only articulated at the head, and are known for their round, black eyes. It's kind of the trademark on these.

I think the Cobra Commander figure Jon was using as an example is the Mighty Muggs version from Hasbro, which is similar, but those have no sculpting detail at all. Those are stricly painted. The Pop Vinyls are sculped, just not overly detailed.

Sorry...just wanted to bust in my some toy knowledge.
    Thanks for the info! I was wondering if some of it was going to be similar to the Mighty Muggs -- I forgot what they were called. It's just too awesome that our MOTU merchandise is finally expanding again

Once more - Great episode!

Thank you guys. It was nice to hear a different voice, too. Even though it was sad that Katy couldn't be on board this time.

Maybe it would be possible to catch some feedback/voicemails for on of the upcoming shows again - just like in the beginning

Btw. I have to agree with Josh. It's really hard to watch the NA Episodes without getting frustrated.
    Chuck Norris isst keinen Honig, er kaut Bienen.

my app.net account

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Great job you guys! I was a little disappointed you didn't close out with the "I Have The Power" remake but otherwise, a pleasure. Tell Katie to get back to work!
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Thanks for the info! I was wondering if some of it was going to be similar to the Mighty Muggs -- I forgot what they were called. It's just too awesome that our MOTU merchandise is finally expanding again
    Agreed! I find it very exciting that we're getting MOTU on anything outside of the regular action figure line now! It's definitely great for awareness of the property, even if there are some things you may not want to buy.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I just got to the part about vehicles and people not really differentiating them from beast. I totally understand this logic and would guess that the vast majority of fans feel this way. However, there is a big difference for me personally and I'm sure that there are at least a small portion of other people as well. For whatever reason, I've just never cared about vehicles. Don't get me wrong, I love the concepts behind some of them; I've just never had a desire for vehicle toys in general. I guess I care more for beasts because I see them as sort of a character in their own right, even if they don't have a real "personality" per se (like Shadow Beast or Griffin). I realize that probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but it is what it is. Anyway, I just thought I'd share so you'd know that the sentiment may not be as universal as you'd think, even if it is the most prevalent.

Cool episode guys.

While listening, I looked up the price points for the oversized items in the 2012 Club Eternia subscription and they are below:

$60 - Star Sisters 3-pack
    $30 - Griffin
    $40 - Snake Warriors 2-pack
    $40 - Unknown but I would bet on either a repaint of the Snake Warriors in red and green colors or a Horde Trooper 2-pack!

So there are actually 2 $40 items, not 2 $30 items as I believe was stated in the podcast.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Tod View Post
    Once more - Great episode!
    Thanks for your continued support!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Great job you guys! I was a little disappointed you didn't close out with the "I Have The Power" remake but otherwise, a pleasure. Tell Katie to get back to work!
    I fear people may get quite tired of the song if we put it on episode episode. You can download it over in the She-Ra forum if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I've just never had a desire for vehicle toys in general.
    Are Stridor and Night Stalker good in-betweens? To me they have always been half vehicle, half beast.

Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    So there are actually 2 $40 items, not 2 $30 items as I believe was stated in the podcast.
    Lioncourt better watch his pocketbook!

I am such a bad MOTU/POP buyer. I never seem to check the prices, I just buy. I was like whoa when I finally found some of the new MOTU Hot Wheels the other day at K-Mart. When I checked out they were $4.50 each or something. I was like wowsers, these are some expensive wheels!