Thread: Sweet Smell of Success LOL

Sweet Smell of Success LOL

Even after all these years since it first aired, it's funny how you can still find moments i n episodes you either forgot or never noticed. Last night I had this experience when watching "Sweet Smell of Success" on DVD.

It happened when the Evil Warriors first arrived in that building at the start of the episode and Mer-Man approached those three tanks. He looked in at the squid creature and I swear he said, "Uncle Squiddy!?"

Anyone else notice that?
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

A small corner of Hordeworld called Oddville
    Its those little things that are great.
    My fave is in Turnabout when Evil Lyn says "Weeks to dig out?", hides, then peaks around the corner to see if its okay to come out so she doesn't get blasted.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    LOL It is the little things, huh. Funny. I forget which episode it is, but I remember Prince Adam wanting to turn into He-Man and Zodak with him, just staring at him watching him. Adam says,"Hey Zodak, do you mind turning around?" Long pause..... pans to Zodak staring... pans to Adam.... pans to Zodak again... back to Adam... then Adam says,"Fine....." And then turns into He-Man.

The little things. Good times.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    "Over there... look... It's a 'Stink Free' zone!"

"Another inspired invention Tri-Klops?"

"Perhaps I should recruit the jester for my legions of doom."

Funny you should mention that episode. Pretty much anything Stratos says brings a smile to my face, as he totally reminds me of Darrel Hammond's portrayal of Sean Connery in the SNL Jeopardy skits, but in the Sweet Smell of Success when he says, "Something, stinky", I can't help but laugh.

Another favorite of mine is right after Beast Man disses Evil Lyn in one of the earlier episodes of Season 1. Shortly after his remark, she walks past him and just pokes her staff in his direction which causes him to freaks out. It's a like the ultimate "PYSCH!".
    Last edited by KSC; September 23, 2011 at 09:30am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KSC View Post
    Funny you should mention that episode. Pretty much anything Stratos says brings a smile to my face, as he totally reminds me of Darrel Hammond's portrayal of Sean Connery in the SNL Jeopardy skits, but in the Sweet Smell of Success when he says, "Something, stinky", I can't help but laugh.

Another favorite of mine is right after Beast Man disses Evil Lyn in one of the earlier episodes of Season 1. Shortly after his remark, she walks past him and just pokes her staff in his direction which causes him to freaks out. It's a like the ultimate "PYSCH!".
    I'm not really a 200x fan but I thought the Sean Connery voice was funny the first few times. After that it just got distracting.

Evil-Lyn stole the show for me, but I remember Trap-Jaw had some great one liners too... I just can't recall them right now.