Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 37 of 37

Thread: Jitsu~~Anwat Gar version~~By TRAPPER

  1. #26
    POP and Customs Mod heftysmurf76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Castle, DE
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by discosupafly
    I do appreciate all the effort that's gone into this figure and think the armour is quite splendid, but I've gotta give an honest opinion here; The choice of hair colour is wrong, I feel. Bluntly, the white hair and beard against that shade of skin makes him look like a pumped up Papa Smurf.

    Sorry..
    He doesn't look like any Papa Smurf I've ever seen...and I should know
    Serously tho, TRAPPER seems to have followed the skin and hair design of Illumina here, so I don't see how he's that far off. I mean, on the same token you could say Illumina looks like Smurfette, but I don't think that's a good comparison...

  2. #27
    Hakujin discosupafly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kyoto, Japan
    Posts
    1,263
    As I said before though, it's the blue hair and the beard that does it. Although if you put Illumina in that particular naffy dress that Smurfette always wore, I'm sure a resemblance could be seen. Although Smurfette had blonde hair - not white.

  3. #28
    Heroic Warrior octavio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Posts
    719
    I love this one, great work TRAPPER, it looks really pro

  4. #29
    That's my BOY! TRAPPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha
    Interesting reimagining. Works well with the new MotU figures.
    Thank you!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Glass Shrimp
    I really like this figure you created. The only critique I might offer is that the fingers on the gloved hand might look better if they were a little longer or little bit more naturally shaped. But the overall look and design is awesome.
    Thanks and critiques are always welcome!!!!

    I agree completely but luckily the hand comes off so I will redo it I was planning on making two different ones one with the chop and one with a fist of course on request from my son!!!

    I will see what I can do to fix that up alittle

    Quote Originally Posted by discosupafly
    I do appreciate all the effort that's gone into this figure and think the armour is quite splendid, but I've gotta give an honest opinion here; The choice of hair colour is wrong, I feel. Bluntly, the white hair and beard against that shade of skin makes him look like a pumped up Papa Smurf.

    Sorry..
    Never be sorry!!
    Papa Smurf on STERIODS okay

    Glad you liked my efforts atleast


    Quote Originally Posted by heftysmurf76
    He doesn't look like any Papa Smurf I've ever seen...and I should know
    Serously tho, TRAPPER seems to have followed the skin and hair design of Illumina here, so I don't see how he's that far off. I mean, on the same token you could say Illumina looks like Smurfette, but I don't think that's a good comparison...
    THANK YOU HEFTY





    They could be family Right??


    Quote Originally Posted by octavio
    I love this one, great work TRAPPER, it looks really pro
    Where have you been Hiding Octavio???
    Thanks I am glad you like him!!!!!

  5. #30
    Heroric Drummer Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,388
    Trapper Jitsu is SICK! I love the use of fake real hair. The colors are great they make each of them stick out in your face. The idea of him having a tan was funny too. Great work once again!

  6. #31
    That's my BOY! TRAPPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    Trapper Jitsu is SICK! I love the use of fake real hair. The colors are great they make each of them stick out in your face. The idea of him having a tan was funny too. Great work once again!

    Thanks Brian I do appreciate the comments!!!

    We need to see some more work from you!!

    My hand and wrist surgery has gone very well. I should be cranking out a couple more customs in the next month hopefully unless the holidays get to crazy!!!

  7. #32
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAPPER View Post
    Thank you!!!



    Thanks and critiques are always welcome!!!!

    I agree completely but luckily the hand comes off so I will redo it I was planning on making two different ones one with the chop and one with a fist of course on request from my son!!!

    I will see what I can do to fix that up alittle



    Never be sorry!!
    Papa Smurf on STERIODS okay

    Glad you liked my efforts atleast




    THANK YOU HEFTY





    They could be family Right??


    Very Cool!!
    I like the redesign he fits in nicely

  8. #33
    That's my BOY! TRAPPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    1,599
    Thanks
    I know it is a little off the wall but my boy really likes him

    sorry for the disappearance been really busy with work and coaching the son's fall, winter, and spring flag football. I do have several customs in the works so
    stand by hopefully in the next few weeks there we be a few to show off

  9. #34
    Master of Shapeways He-bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,636
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAPPER View Post
    Thanks
    I know it is a little off the wall but my boy really likes him

    sorry for the disappearance been really busy with work and coaching the son's fall, winter, and spring flag football. I do have several customs in the works so
    stand by hopefully in the next few weeks there we be a few to show off
    Very cool, are you going to change him alittle now that the new staction is out?

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior DragonAscendant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    233
    That "Motu asians are blue" thing is totally ignored in my fanfics and customs.
    I am more into a more realistic style and made them all typical asian.

    How on earth could someone think asians could be blue??
    Please check out my customs!
    And while youre at it..you might leave a comment or two
    http://dragonscustomfigures.blogspot.com/

  11. #36
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,718
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonAscendant View Post
    That "Motu asians are blue" thing is totally ignored in my fanfics and customs.
    I am more into a more realistic style and made them all typical asian.

    How on earth could someone think asians could be blue??
    Um, it's all fantasy?
    Let 'em think what they want?

    Why some people insist on making fantasy as Terrian as possible is beyond me really.

    But if you insist... many asian religions depict their gods as being blue skinned... Maybe these asian gods come from Eternia?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  12. #37
    That's my BOY! TRAPPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Um, it's all fantasy?
    Let 'em think what they want?

    Why some people insist on making fantasy as Terrian as possible is beyond me really.

    But if you insist... many asian religions depict their gods as being blue skinned... Maybe these asian gods come from Eternia?

    Thanks Baena, I could not agree with you more. It is all about having fun. Hence the word FANTASY and CUSTOM.

    Like I said IT IS WHAT MY SON WANTED which is what really matters to me.

    I have had a long Hiatus but now I have several customs on the table to finish up.
    Hopefully the next ones will stir the pot once again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •