Thread: "Quest for the Sword" Official Classic Episode Review Thread!

"Quest for the Sword" Official Classic Episode Review Thread!

Here's the other EP for this week.

Ep # 25 "Quest for He-man"

He-man's struggle to get his sword back, let's hear your reviews.

Carlo

well this ep is in my opinion an average episode i think it could have been alot better if it actually involved an ideal threat when in all actuality the only thing that happend was heman had to save the kids and also at the end heman had to save the rock people at the end of the ep from the cavern comin down.

the only other part i liked at the very end when adam returned to the palace and there was lots of confusion w heman/adam how duncan and teela never seemed to find out

anyway for an average episode i will give this ep a 5
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    (old thread... new review... you get the idea )

When I first completed my 'He-Man and the Masters of the Universe' classic series collection 6 or 7 years ago, "Quest for the Sword" was an episode that I didn't dislike particularly, but one that didn't really do much for me.

After re-watching it recently, I've come to re-assess this episode, and now quite like it.
    I'm not sure if it's where I've seen all the other episodes so many times that this one at least offered something new to watch - but then, I've seldom watched things like the terrible "Quest For He-Man" (just reviewed), and I still can't stand that even now!

The episode has some great Adam / Teela moments, and some great Teela-moaning-about-Adam's absence moments.

It makes you really consider what would happen if He-Man really lost his sword, and when the sword disappeared down the chasm, I really wondered what was going to happen and how he was going to get it back. (Did I use "really" too much in that last sentence? Oh well!)

In the end, it's Orko to the rescue - unexpected, but with credible explanation.

I'll give this one 8.5 out of 10.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Hun
    This episode is so bad from star to finish. Notice Man-At-Arms comment about the center of the earth, when they are on Eternia. He seems to be confused what planet he's living on. Also, he-man uses the wind raider to try to get his sword back. Why didn't he use the wind raider when he was trying to rescue those children?? Plot hole.

Heroic Warrior

Let the Power Return

Quote Originally Posted by carlo
    Here's the other EP for this week.

Ep # 25 "Quest for He-man"

He-man's struggle to get his sword back, let's hear your reviews.

Carlo
    G'day everyone, I'm new to the forum and am from Melbourne Australia. I check these forums all the time and decided to start contributing to it.
    QUEST FOR THE SWORD; Generally it's a good episode but one thing I never really understood about this episode, even when watching it as a 7 year old kid back in 1985 was that the episode is based around He Man and Battle Cat going through all these adventures to get back the powersword so they can change back into Adam and Cringer; and that point is really emphasised and then at the end when they think they no longer have the sword and are stuck in their powered up forms forever, Orko has retrieved the sword and gives it back to them. They are understandably happy and then He Man holds up the sword. It is expected at that point that they show a reverse transformation with both He Man and Battle Cat. It was the most appropriate time to show that as they never showed Battle Cat change back into Cringer and I don't understand how the writers or producers or whoever, miss something so obvious. If they had shown this it would have made this episode one of the best of the entire series where as now it's just an average episode and skipping that transformation firstly breaks continuity of the episode and doesn't make any sense. It was a stupid stuff up. If they had shown a PROPER reverse transformation I would give this show a 9/10 but because they didn't, I give it a 6/10.