Thread: It's high adventure with The Pirates of Dark Water!

Hybrid View

It's high adventure with The Pirates of Dark Water!

Anybody a fan of this toon?

I recently watched the series. I was amazed at how good it was. Back in í91 when it first aired, I didnít give it much of a chance because I had cut back on my toon watching a little and had missed the first couple of shows, so I was a little lost when I tried to watch an episode.

I did some searching and read that the show was plagued with issues that lead to its early demise with not all the treasures found. They had trouble making production deadlines so new episodes didnít get out on a consistent basis and a main writer died so the writing was not quite as good the second season.

Second season air dates:

8 Nov 92 The Dark Disciples
    15 Nov 92 The Ghost Pirates
    22 Nov 92 The Dagron Master
    29 Nov 92 The Game Players of Undaar
    2 May 93 The Pandawa Plague
    9 May 93 Sister of the Sword
    16 May 93 The Soul Stealer
    23 May 93 The Living Treasure

Heroic Warrior
    Oh man! I used to love this show! Sadly they never made an ending, I'm still down about that. Thanks for the heads up though! ... what station is this on?

Will it ever come to DVD? It's one I never really had a huge interest in seeing, but in retrospect, I wish I did.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Quote Originally Posted by eternian phoenix
    Oh man! I used to love this show! Sadly they never made an ending, I'm still down about that. Thanks for the heads up though! ... what station is this on?
    Thinking about the show's early cancellation still irks me as well! I LOVED this show and the characters. There was one episode where we see Ren begin to repair the damage of the dark water, and it was awesome!!! Unlike most series, this one had a possible series climax to end the problem. The cast of characters was very memorable and I enjoyed the unique animation. I wish it would come out on dvd as well!

I still play the Genesis game of this show for nostalgia. At least the game gives us an ending.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Quote Originally Posted by eternian phoenix
    A friend hooked me up, so no station is currently running it that I am aware of. Repeats did air on Cartoon Network and Boomerang at one time. Hopefully, this show will make it out on dvd down the road.

For those that have watched the show and have a favorite character, who is it?
    Last edited by Firefly; September 17, 2006 at 09:29am.

Former Wrestling Fanatic Wrestling Fanatic's Avatar
    I honestly don't remember watching this cartoon. I did see you mention it a few times on the forums. Figured I would check youtube out. I watched an episode on there. This is something that I could watch over and over again. I hope this comes out on dvd one day soon! But for now, ebay has something to offer, lol.
    I want a He-Man.org T-Shirt !!!!!

I remember it and I loved it as well. The only lame part was when Tula became more girly. That always bugged me. Still liked the budding romance between her and Ren though. Reminded me off Teela/Adam.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    This was one of those shows that I thought looked cool and I seriously wanted to like it. However, the writing was just very, very bad. It was sadly a very boring show. I hope that if they ever revive it, they give it some punch!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com