Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's high adventure with The Pirates of Dark Water!

They made 8 figures: Ren, Niddler, Ioz, Zoolie, Bloth, Konk, Mantus, and Joat. Zoolie and Joat were secondary characters in the show. I have them all MOC. Maybe, Tula would have had one if they had a second wave.

Watching those clips above made me remember exactly how much I enjoyed this show. Man it needs to get put out on dvd soon, or they need to start reairing it.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    OMG I totally loved this show, I even had they toys! I was upset that they never made a Toola though!

I had the figures but had to use a Princess Jasmine figure to represent Tula which was kinda lame but the best I could do at the time. I can't believe they made Zoolie but not Tula?! What was that about?! Seriously?!!!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I can't believe they made Zoolie but not Tula?! What was that about?! Seriously?!!!

I know what you mean. Tula deserved a figure much more than Zoolie but the toy line was more of a boys line so Tula got shafted.

I love this toon! Niddler is by far my fav character and his favorite food is minga melons for those wondering. It's so different from any series I've seen and the people that fill the planet are so diverse. This series needs to be out on DVD.I would so buy it!
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Amazing news for Pirates of Dark Water Fans!

CN Boomerang will start airing the show on November 1, 2010 at 10:30PM EST.
    Hope this helps any fans.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Loved the show a lot. really wish it continued or had a final ending. same goes for the comics.

Never released Wave 2 figures:

Those are some cool ones, but no Tula.

Heroic Warrior
    What were the toys in wave one?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    What were the toys in wave one?
    See Post #26.

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    I had Zoolie and he was my favorite character. Nice to see this thread back, like an old friend I haven't seen in a while lol.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

I always wanted a Toola and the echomancer figure. Shame Toola lost out to the curse of female action figures.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I always thought it was crazy that Tula did not get included in the toyline. She was one of the main characters!!

This is another one of those cartoon threads that seems to pop up every 8-12 months. Yes PODW was a stunning cartoon. Well written episodes with continuity, great voice talents, creative character/creature/vehicle designs, original and with smooth animation.

I loved the cartoon, had a few of the figures and played the SNES game, which as I remember wasn't a bad game. It was faithful to the cartoon, and had some surprises. This was a wonderful, short lived franchise.

I actually think (and have thought this for some time) that the PODW would make a hell of a movie franchise, there is such potential in this story and these characters, perticularly with the success of the Pirates of the Caribbean films. Kids love pirates etc Now would be a good time to do something with this franchise again. Maybe even a comic book series to finish off the classic story.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I always wanted a Toola and the echomancer figure. Shame Toola lost out to the curse of female action figures.
    Yeah, that is too bad. Maybe if the toyline had been a big success, Tula would have gotten one later like in M.A.S.K. where Vannesa came out in Wave 3 and Gloria in Wave 4.

The toy selection for Wave 2 is interesting. Nimbo, Octoquid, and Grimrot weren't on the show (maybe they would have shown up in a season 3). Strand appeared in two episodes (one with two arms, one with four arms). Scorian, Swar, and Kiroptus each appeared in one episode. I'm not seeing the battle armor in the pic for Ioz and Bloth unless I am missing something.

Well they do have the entire series on DVD and it had a semi-climatic end (Season 2 only 8 episodes) where you saw the remaining treasures in various forms. The DVD is 'made to order from Warner Bros. Home Ent. for about 30 bucks but it's just a direct from video transfer with no restoration or enhancements.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Roddy McDowall as the voice of Niddler:

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Well they do have the entire series on DVD and it had a semi-climatic end (Season 2 only 8 episodes) where you saw the remaining treasures in various forms. The DVD is 'made to order from Warner Bros. Home Ent. for about 30 bucks but it's just a direct from video transfer with no restoration or enhancements.
    Yeah, there is a thread just about the DVD set on this site as well.

If they had a wave 2 of toys planed. does that mean they were going to have a second season?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    They did have a second season, season one was 13 episodes and season two was 8.

I was so disappointed & frustrated with the show as a kid. ever time I waited for the show to go further past a certain episode the very next week the series would star right back at episode one. I would get so mad. I would wait through all the episode just to have it star back over again.
    I wanted so bad to see the adventures continue & play out. I was on the edge of my seat. this was a very epic adventure that really pulls you in. not many cartoons at the time played out as a continuous story. most cartoon episodes were random & did not need to be played in order.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Another clip with Roddy McDowall as Niddler: