Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey Hockey Hockey

Rangers SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!

Great finish by the Rangers, close game-winning goal, and a hell of a long time coming This team can beat anybody right now.

Who's next?
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Anyone got a broom to send Atlanta way?
    "I'm Lindsay Lohan, this is how a crab walks"

It was a good game.

I'm so ****ed I cant see a Buffalo game. Only one. I can see a stupid NJ game though..which no one cares about
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    It was a good game.

I'm so ****ed I cant see a Buffalo game. Only one. I can see a stupid NJ game though..which no one cares about
    I can't see any games live, and no Rangers replays, thank DOYC for rangersondemand.

I dont understand it though. I see the MSG games and the stupid NJ games but no Buffallo?
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I dont understand it though. I see the MSG games and the stupid NJ games but no Buffallo?
    I can understand not showing the home games if you live too close to the stadium but not even away games thats weird

That game last nite was awesome. BYE BYE BYE ATLANTA!!!!!!!

Is there anyone that Avery wont beef with! That guy is awesone.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    I can understand not showing the home games if you live too close to the stadium but not even away games thats weird
    True. I can see not showing Buffalo games, though in theory I am maybe a 1/2 futher away from NYC...but eh whatever. However, away games should be shown.

If they make it to the next round and its like this I'm gonna flip.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Poopie Flingin' Monkey! Slothboy's Avatar
    Islanders got screwed last night!!! Puck goes under goalie....Goalie goes entirely into net....whistle blows....Puck clearly in net next to goalies foot....Refs rule it no goal because they couldn't definitively go into net before whistle blew. However you could clearly see the goal line in the replay when the whistle blew, you could also then clearly see the puck in the back of the net next to miller foot too. Obviously if you didnt see the puck go past the line after the whistle blew and it was in the net it had to have gone in before the whistle was blown. Had that goal counted it would have been 3-3 with about 1.5 mins left. It would have totally changed the end of the game. Not saying the isles would have won but it definately would have made it better.

Stupid rule about having to be able to clearly see the puck cross the line. It was under the goalies leg, how the heck are you supposed to clearly see it. It was under his leg, his leg crossed the line, the puck was in!

Quote Originally Posted by Slothboy View Post
    Islanders got screwed last night!!! Puck goes under goalie....Goalie goes entirely into net....whistle blows....Puck clearly in net next to goalies foot....Refs rule it no goal because they couldn't definitively go into net before whistle blew. However you could clearly see the goal line in the replay when the whistle blew, you could also then clearly see the puck in the back of the net next to miller foot too. Obviously if you didnt see the puck go past the line after the whistle blew and it was in the net it had to have gone in before the whistle was blown. Had that goal counted it would have been 3-3 with about 1.5 mins left. It would have totally changed the end of the game. Not saying the isles would have won but it definately would have made it better.

Stupid rule about having to be able to clearly see the puck cross the line. It was under the goalies leg, how the heck are you supposed to clearly see it. It was under his leg, his leg crossed the line, the puck was in!
    I didn't see that, but saw the replay and the guys on TSN said it didn't count because the goalie had the puck, and then the players pushed him into the net. I only saw the play once really quick, but that was their explanation and they seemed pretty confident it was the right call. Rule 69 or something in the rule book.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    Well the Pens drop another heartbreaker to the Snators tonite, bringing hte series to 4-1 Ottawa. Well I'm not *****in cause this year was a hell of a lot better then last years last place finish. Next year baby.......next year!!!

Pens in 08!!
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    I didn't see that, but saw the replay and the guys on TSN said it didn't count because the goalie had the puck, and then the players pushed him into the net. I only saw the play once really quick, but that was their explanation and they seemed pretty confident it was the right call. Rule 69 or something in the rule book.

It was the part about the puck not being seen crossing the line before the whistle blew the screwed them. The puck can still go in if the goalie has it. The goalie and puck just have to cross the line before the whistle blows. I've seen it happen before but its usually dealing with the goalies glove and if the camera guys can see definitively where in the glove the puck was when the glove crossed the line.

Why wasnt it reviewed?

I know during the Ranger series they called up...2 or 3 times for goals. Why wasnt it done in this case?
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

GR81 says:

Everythign from last night was awesome except Vancouver losing.

Calgary tied the series...
    Ottawa moved on...

God, why Montreal isnt in this years playoff... Montreal/Buffalo would of sounded mush more awesome
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Ducks won and are moving on as well

GO DUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Sabres advanced.

Why wasnt it reviewed?

I know during the Ranger series they called up...2 or 3 times for goals. Why wasnt it done in this case?
    It was reviewed but the rules state that you must clearly be able to see the puck cross the line before the whistle blows. With the puck under the goalie you cannot be 100 percent sure of when the puck crossed the line thus the goal doesnt count. Its a stupid rule where common sense says it went in but the letter of the law says it didn't.

Yes, I am pleased with the Sabers advancement

Do they play the Rangers? If so Buffalo better pull it together. They gave up a 3 goal lead. Rangers will destory them the way they are playing.

Rangers are hungry........
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slothboy View Post
    It was reviewed but the rules state that you must clearly be able to see the puck cross the line before the whistle blows. With the puck under the goalie you cannot be 100 percent sure of when the puck crossed the line thus the goal doesnt count. Its a stupid rule where common sense says it went in but the letter of the law says it didn't.
    I also heard on the radio that rule 69.9 states that you cannot push the goalie into the net when the goalie maintains possession of the puck. If the goalie has the puck, but takes the puck over the red line himself without being pushed in, then it's a goal.
    IIRC you can 'accidentially' shove the goalie into the net with the puck, but the puck must be jarred loose to be a goal.
    Yes, I am pleased with the Sabers advancement

Do they play the Rangers? If so Buffalo better pull it together. They gave up a 3 goal lead. Rangers will destory them the way they are playing.

Rangers are hungry........
    If New Jersey wins their series, Buffalo plays New York & NJ plays Ottawa.
    If Tampa Bay wins their series, Buffalo plays TB & Ottawa plays New York.
    Last edited by marndt8448; April 20, 2007 at 11:45pm.

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    I also heard on the radio that rule 69.9 states that you cannot push the goalie into the net when the goalie maintains possession of the puck. If the goalie has the puck, but takes the puck over the red line himself without being pushed in, then it's a goal.
    IIRC you can 'accidentially' shove the goalie into the net with the puck, but the puck must be jarred loose to be a goal.
    Yea but possession is in the eye of the referee. Some refs will consider the puck being somewhere under the goalie possession while others will want the goalie to actually have control of the puck for possession to be considered. However in most cases if the puck is in the goalies possession or under the goalie for more than 2-3 seconds they'll blow the whistle.

Round Two, Baby!

Sabers spanked the Rangers.
    Redwings are getting spanked
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I tipped the rangers in 5 so a game one loss doesn't bother me

Oh no!
    Do or die for Buffalo. I didnt think it would be like this!

Wings doing well though.

I dont know why the sabers always fall apart....
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    *clears throat*

Who took the West last night? Anaheim Ducks !

I wore my Ducks jersey to work today to celebrate. Now, on to win the CUP!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I hate both teams...so it doesnt matter who wins now.

Lame.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.