Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey Hockey Hockey

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I'm sending Wild Wing after you for that comment. He doesn't look happy.

This will be the best Stanley Cup since the Penguins took back-to-back.

Let's Go DUCKS!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Go Ducks! Sweep it in 4!
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

um yeah cause ducks are so..scary.

I almost hit one today with my car
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

GR81 says:

The sens like their ducks on the BBQ
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    ANAHEIM DUCKS.... 2007 Stanley Cup Champions.

Thank you and have a good night!!!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

And the choking continues for Ottawa.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    Playoff time is upon us once again. Just wanted to see how everyones teamis doing and to inform them this is the year the PENGUINS take back the cup!
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

My team is doing great, hopefully the Habs will win tonight and the Pens will lose their next match. I'd really love to see them end up 1st in the East, especially after all the sports experts pegged them as not even making the playoffs this year.

Now, hopefully all the injuries won't affect them too much in the playoffs and that the next great legendary goalie, Price, will be able to win a Cup for the team in his first season.

It's too bad we're not facing off against Boston in the 1st round, then we'd be guaranteed to make it to the second round.

Though much lower in the standings, both Ottawa and Philly worry me. Especially if Ottawa gets their act together again.

Also, it's funny how the city of Ottawa has shown its true colors this year. Everywhere you go, you see people in Montreal shirts! I've seen more Montreal gear on cars and on the backs of people than I have of Ottawa. It's quite surreal.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    The Shadow: The Penguins and the Ducks are my favorite teams as well! I like to joke that I'm only into teams that have water fowl as mascots...

Quote Originally Posted by King Hsss View Post
    Playoff time is upon us once again. Just wanted to see how everyones teamis doing and to inform them this is the year the PENGUINS take back the cup!
    damn straight!

I live in Pittsburgh and have season tickets. Just got to see the Pens clinch the Atlantic Division in person this Wednesday. PLUS anytime the Flyers lose it fills my heart with joy. If we beat Philly tomorrow I'm fairly certain they are out of the playoffs.

LETS GO PENS!!!
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

GR81 says:

Go Habs Go!!!!
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    The Shadow: PLUS anytime the Flyers lose it fills my heart with joy. If we beat Philly tomorrow I'm fairly certain they are out of the playoffs.

LETS GO PENS!!!
    I hear that! I live in NE PA and everything here is Flyers Flyers Flyers. I have family out in Pitt so ever since we were young we would go out to the games. I hate the Flyers, and them getting knocked out of the playoffs would bring a tear to my eye. It took a few years of rebuilding but this looks like the year to get it done!

GO PENS
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    GR81 says:

Go Habs Go!!!!

I'm a big BRUINS fan, and I hope we don't face Montreal in the first round. but anything can happen in the playoffs! And just think we did get his far without our star player Patrice Bergeron! At least he is back for the playoffs! GO BRUINS!!

For me, it is all about the Canadian teams. I am having trouble figuring out who I want to win more: Calgary, Montreal, or Ottawa? I know I will be rooting for Calgary to win the West, at least.

Wow, no matter the outcome of all other remaining games, it's going to be Montreal vs Boston in round 1. This should prove to be an interesting series as Boston will surely try to prove to everyone that they can beat Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Wow, no matter the outcome of all other remaining games, it's going to be Montreal vs Boston in round 1. This should prove to be an interesting series as Boston will surely try to prove to everyone that they can beat Montreal.

Eeeek! I know! I am sweating bullets! But anything can happen.......

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IceWolf View Post
    Eeeek! I know! I am sweating bullets! But anything can happen.......
    HABS WIN THE EAST!!!!!!!

Sorry but Boston will be lucky to win 1 games.

Habs in 4.

Go Habs Go!!!!!!
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Rangers lost to New Jersey, now we have to go back there for game 1
    "I'm Lindsay Lohan, this is how a crab walks"

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    HABS WIN THE EAST!!!!!!!

Sorry but Boston will be lucky to win 1 games.

Habs in 4.

Go Habs Go!!!!!!

I hope the Canadiens take the same approach the fans are taking to this series -- look only at the season stats and predict a sweep.

Nevermind the Habs just lost their captain and consummate leader...
    Nevermind the Habs are starting a rookie in goal...
    Nevermind the Habs are playing in Montreal, where the press crush is stifling, against Boston where the press forgets the Bruins even exist...
    Nevermind the Habs have a coach with no playoff experience, against a guy who engineered the biggest playoff upset of the decade...
    Nevermind the Bruins may actually have something close to a regular lineup for the first time in 2 months...
    Nevermind it's Habs/Bruins and the history books are primed for another crazy, ESPN Classic type chapter...

... nevermind all that, go ahead and predict a sweep. Please, I want the Habs psyche to be as fragile as possible when the moment comes for the B's to crush their dreams.

Playoffs start tonight! Woo-Hoo! Go Bruins! (East) Go Red Wings! (West)
    Last edited by IceWolf; April 9, 2008 at 06:34pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

1 down 3 to go
    "I'm Lindsay Lohan, this is how a crab walks"

I hope the Canadiens take the same approach the fans are taking to this series -- look only at the season stats and predict a sweep.

Nevermind the Habs just lost their captain and consummate leader...
    Nevermind the Habs are starting a rookie in goal...
    Nevermind the Habs are playing in Montreal, where the press crush is stifling, against Boston where the press forgets the Bruins even exist...
    Nevermind the Habs have a coach with no playoff experience, against a guy who engineered the biggest playoff upset of the decade...
    Nevermind the Bruins may actually have something close to a regular lineup for the first time in 2 months...
    Nevermind it's Habs/Bruins and the history books are primed for another crazy, ESPN Classic type chapter...

... nevermind all that, go ahead and predict a sweep. Please, I want the Habs psyche to be as fragile as possible when the moment comes for the B's to crush their dreams.

Playoffs start tonight! Woo-Hoo! Go Bruins! (East) Go Red Wings! (West)
    You're funny.

Thomas has played how many playoff games? Oh ya, none. Would you like me to explain why the Habs will win? Should I respond to every point above? I'm really not in the mood but if I have to...
    Ironmans Want List:

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

You're funny.

Thomas has played how many playoff games? Oh ya, none. Would you like me to explain why the Habs will win? Should I respond to every point above? I'm really not in the mood but if I have to...

Oh right and Price is a playoff veteran, it must of slipped my mind.....

You can do whatever you want my friend! But I am certainly not going to NOT defend my team nor will the Bruins just roll over and hand over the series. I fully believe in them as do you believe in your team! Should be a great series!
    Last edited by IceWolf; April 10, 2008 at 05:50pm.

Habs win game one! Yesterday Flames one their game one, and they are about to play game two in a few minutes. Oh man, I badly want a Flames vs. Canadiens final!

Oh right and Price is a playoff veteran, it must of slipped my mind.....

You can do whatever you want my friend! But I am certainly not going to NOT defend my team nor will the Bruins just roll over and hand over the series. I fully believe in them as do you believe in your team! Should be a great series!
    Game 1: Montreal 4 Boston 1

Game was not even close. Next game on Saturday. Price has all the upside. Not to mention a World Junior Hockey Gold Metal, World Junior Hockey MVP, CHL Goalie of the Year, and AHL playoff MVP all in the same year. Tim Thomas did what, umm, make the NHL at the age of 30. Pretty even if you ask me.
    Ironmans Want List:

Game 1: Montreal 4 Boston 1

Game was not even close. Next game on Saturday. Price has all the upside. Not to mention a World Junior Hockey Gold Metal, World Junior Hockey MVP, CHL Goalie of the Year, and AHL playoff MVP all in the same year. Tim Thomas did what, umm, make the NHL at the age of 30. Pretty even if you ask me.

Too bad for you it's not a 1 game series!

Lots of great games so far, Rangers/Devils tonight was a classic, as was the Colorado/Minnesota game great as well.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan