Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CLEAR-OR lives!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skeletoncrew View Post
    however, i don't think "GLASS SHRIMP" is a great MOTU name, what would the evil glass shrimp's name be...??? you KNOW the first thing that pops into MY head is SHRIMP-OR, but i'm really NOT diggin' that too much(all the -ORs get to me too sometimes)...

any suggestions guys...???

yeah, Glass Shrimp was never intended to be a truly "MotU" name, but I was trying to come up with something to describe him as being a crustacean, so words like crab, shrimp, crayfish, lobster, shell, claw, water, etc, and transparent, like glass, crystal, see-through, clear, etc.

Just putting words together I just came up with See-Shell, which is vaguely on the right MotU track I think...

Another one occurs to me Lob-scure, kind of awkward / dorky, but very MotU-ish.

P.S. Here is an image off the net of a glass shrimp, if that helps as inspiration to anyone:
    http://chicagowildernessmag.org/issu...ges/shrimp.jpg
    Last edited by BlueLobster1979; November 9, 2006 at 12:10am. Reason: Added to post
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Shrimp View Post
    Just putting words together I just came up with See-Shell, which is vaguely on the right MotU track I think...
    YUP, i'm totally digging it...

Another one occurs to me Lob-scure, kind of awkward / dorky, but very MotU-ish.
    not for the same character, but LOVE this name...

looks like it has two big clawful-like arms to me...i guess you could get away with Buzzoff arms(no sculpting), otherwise you'd have to mod the other arm and then figure out a way to cast the claw(i would do it all one piece so it didn't move)...

Heroic Warrior
    See-Shell and Lob-Scure are both great names, and very fitting

looks like it has two big clawful-like arms to me...i guess you could get away with Buzzoff arms(no sculpting), otherwise you'd have to mod the other arm and then figure out a way to cast the claw(i would do it all one piece so it didn't move)...
    The two Buzz-Off arms would probably work best for a 'Glass Shrimp' based character, IMO.

Claw-ful arms...

...looks like it has two big clawful-like arms to me...i guess you could get away with Buzzoff arms(no sculpting), otherwise you'd have to mod the other arm and then figure out a way to cast the claw(i would do it all one piece so it didn't move)...
    Yeah, I was thinking that two large Claw-ful arms would look awesome, but I don't even have a classic Claw-ful figure anymore!!!

There is a used toy store not too far from me in my old home town of Alameda, maybe I can pick one or two up and mod one a little bit to be a righty to go with the original lefty...

It's got me thinking, either way...

It's got me thinking, either way...
    always fun...i think See-Shell would have the buzzoff arms...but, Lob-scure would have the two big, lobster like claws ie Clawful "doubled up"...See-Shell/glass shrimp being the ninja like guy and Lob-scure/lobster being the lumbering brute, overpowering force guy...

you could even make See-Shell a Heroic Warrior(so they have their underwater guy) and make Lob-scure his Evil Warrior arch-nemesis...

at least that's what *I* was thinkin'...
    Last edited by skeletoncrew; November 9, 2006 at 01:57am.

I think See-Shell is the best name thus far. Though it does imply something aquatic, the character does not have to be so.

Lobstar????

See-Shell and Lob-Scure!!!

always fun...i think See-Shell would have the buzzoff arms...but, Lob-scure would have the two big, lobster like claws ie Clawful "doubled up"...See-Shell/glass shrimp being the ninja like guy and Lob-scure/lobster being the lumbering brute, overpowering force guy...

you could even make See-Shell a Heroic Warrior(so they have their underwater guy) and make Lob-scure his Evil Warrior arch-nemesis...

at least that's what *I* was thinkin'...
    I think that works perfect!!! See-Shell is the heroic crustacean spy, with two regular claws, whose power is he can be invisible in the water, and I would see him as being cast in clear plastic with maybe translucent blue water-armor... and Lob-Scure is an evil crustacean with two giant claws who can blend into the shadows and deep water, so I see him being either black plastic with translucent deep blue water-armor, or vice-versa. So they are each others camoflagued counter-parts and nemeses!

Thanks everyone for the feedback, it is a lot of fun brainstorming stuff up here on the Org thanks to it...

Are you talking Clawful head buzz-Off arms and Clawful armor?

I think that works perfect!!! See-Shell is the heroic crustacean spy, with two regular claws, whose power is he can be invisible in the water, and I would see him as being cast in clear plastic with maybe translucent blue water-armor... and Lob-Scure is an evil crustacean with two giant claws who can blend into the shadows and deep water, so I see him being either black plastic with translucent deep blue water-armor, or vice-versa. So they are each others camoflagued counter-parts and nemeses!

Thanks everyone for the feedback, it is a lot of fun brainstorming stuff up here on the Org thanks to it...

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    see-shell is the best name eva!!! i love it. its funny how oddball things can spark creativity. it a matter of hours he's been almost entirely conceived and fleshed out. no bad

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Horrorist View Post
    Lobstar????
    that would make a good name for a Heroic lobster-guy...and who knows what might happen with THAT idea...

See-Shell is the heroic crustacean spy, with two regular claws, whose power is he can be invisible in the water and Lob-Scure is an evil crustacean with two giant claws who can blend into the shadows and deep water...So they are each others camoflagued counter-parts and nemeses!
    i'm diggin' it...you just gotta go to work on modding another arm/claw for Lob-scure...might not get around to these guys for awhile, but they are on the eventual "to do list"...should be fun...

you're welcome...the brainstorming/collaborative approach is one of the things that i find alot of fun too...not big on committees in general, but when it comes to creativity you can never have TOO many ideas(unless you get bogged down by the ideas and not the doing)...

Quote Originally Posted by emboyd View Post
    Are you talking Clawful head buzz-Off arms and Clawful armor?
    indeed...that is the "formula" for See-Shell...i'd LIKE to see a different head for Lob-scure, but same formula 'cept Clawful arms including modded big left arm/claw...

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior View Post
    its funny how oddball things can spark creativity. it a matter of hours he's been almost entirely conceived and fleshed out.
    when lightening strikes, it strikes fast...lots of fun...

Heroic Warrior
    Those are some more great ideas - I had the same thoughts about See-Shell's armor being transclucent blue.

Lob-Scure head?

...you just gotta go to work on modding another arm/claw for Lob-scure...might not get around to these guys for awhile, but they are on the eventual "to do list"...should be fun...

you're welcome...the brainstorming/collaborative approach is one of the things that i find alot of fun too...not big on committees in general, but when it comes to creativity you can never have TOO many ideas(unless you get bogged down by the ideas and not the doing)...

indeed...that is the "formula" for See-Shell...i'd LIKE to see a different head for Lob-scure, but same formula 'cept Clawful arms including modded big left arm/claw...
    I will probably get to work on a Clawful modded left arm this weekend. As for a different head for Lob-scure... Maybe the purple head off of Two-Bad, which I think is named Badhra? It's similar in overall form to Clawful, but with a different, unique face...

I will probably get to work on a Clawful modded left arm this weekend.
    cool, be sure to post your results...also, if you need any fodder i can probably hook you up, i should have about everything you need...maybe hit me up with a PM if you want me to try and make molds of your mod pieces so we can touch base on planning ahead...

As for a different head for Lob-scure... Maybe the purple head off of Two-Bad. It's similar in overall form to Clawful, but with a different, unique face...
    good idea, a little modding there as well as two-bad's heads have longer neck posts than the standard figures...

cool, be sure to post your results...also, if you need any fodder i can probably hook you up, i should have about everything you need...maybe hit me up with a PM if you want me to try and make molds of your mod pieces so we can touch base on planning ahead...

good idea, a little modding there as well as two-bad's heads have longer neck posts than the standard figures...
    I may have to take you up on the offer of help with fodder parts... So far I am having no luck, but I have one other place to check tomorrow which I think might have what I'm looking for...

I may have to take you up on the offer of help with fodder parts... So far I am having no luck
    cool, let me know...i checked my fodder stack of Clawful's and it's in decent shape...

CLEAR-OR has been sitting naked for FAR too long, luckily i finished off some translucent armor and a weapon for him so he's ready to do battle with the rest of the MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE...

and make one lucky board member very happy...
    Amazing. How did you acomplish this? I want a Clear figure too! Ooh! And a clear blue 2002 powersword for Ice Armor He-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    Amazing. How did you acomplish this?!
    see the threads in my sig starting from the top down for the "full" story of my cast customs...

See-Shell

cool, let me know...i checked my fodder stack of Clawful's and it's in decent shape...
    Hey, I think I may end up doing a more 200X style custom for See-Shell based on a couple TMNT figures that came up in another thread... would that be something you could cast, and if so, what would be the best way to have it for you to cast it? I mean, I wouldn't mind losing leg articulation if that would be easier, and I think I have a solution for the arms and neck that will be easy and still look good if cast in clear plastic...

CLEAR-OR LIVES NO MORE!!!!! THANKS TO K-9 ASSASSINS

no really he's dead my dog ate him

CLEAR-OR LIVES NO MORE!!!!! THANKS TO K-9 ASSASSINS
    awww...as his creator this of course makes me sad...

but, as an idea man it kinda gives me an idea...why not make a new(not neccessarily translucent) character/figure called appropriately enough K-9 Assassin or if you want to keep it simple just K-9 or more MOTU-y K-NINE(which sounds kinda like a robot dog)...??? come to think of it, i'm a LITTLE suprised there wasn't an MOTU dog character at all...

when life gives you lemons, make lemonade...!!!
    Last edited by skeletoncrew; November 19, 2006 at 08:26am.

great pic and another moment of syncronicity(which i'm SURE is not how you spell it, but it's too early for me to go look it up)...RIGHT, after i wrote my post i was thinking, "Well, galaxywarrior DOES have the MOTU-ized Anubis"...funny...

A big fan of Slush Head
    I want one of these!!