Thread: Snake Mountain mention on 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here'

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Snake Mountain mention on 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here'

Did anyone else U.K. based see 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Here' tonight?

The males and females have been split into two different camps, with the girls going to a new camp called 'Snake Rock'.

After a VERY catty fight over the food chest, the eternally camp Scott Henshall (no, I'd never heard of him before either) called "Get back to your camp, Snake Mountain!".

Well it made me laugh anyway!
    Just thought I'd mention it
    Last edited by Spacedust; November 20, 2006 at 07:43pm.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Lycan
    I had to google who that was, and I still don't know.

Zed list celebrities as usual I suppose
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

I've been watching it for a week, and I'm still not quite sure who he is.

If you really want to know, check out http://celebrity.itv.com/CelebrityProfile.aspx?cid=11 (although I think Wikipedia's stub entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Henshall) sums it up best, with "...is a little known British fashion designer ...There has been much debate in the media as to whether Henshall actually constitutes a celebrity as he is unknown outside of fashion circles." (Although I feel that entry is very POV, though I can't be bothered to edit it).

I wonder if his Snake Mountain remark was off the cuff, or if he's a closet He-Fan. I said just yesterday, that guy needs to come out of the closet!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Chris here...

I never watch that show normally, but have been tuning in ever since I heard Malandra Burrows (ex-Emmerdale) was in it now - I had a MASSIVE thing for her back in the late 1990s, she even inspired me to write a song that several people rave about and have asked me if they can cover (and can't believe what inspired me to write it)!

And so, yes I did hear that Snake Mountain reference, which I thought was very cool - I nearly ran straight over here to mention it, but didn't want to admit that I actually watched the show until someone else did it first!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan View Post
    CI nearly ran straight over here to mention it, but didn't want to admit that I actually watched the show until someone else did it first!

Thats the funniest thing I've heard all year

Nothing could make me watch that show unless Vickie Fuzzbox was on it

The Snake Mountain joke doesn't make much sense unless he realizes that was the HQ of cartoon villians of the 80s. Otherwise, he could simply be confusing "rock" with "mountain".

I'd say that this is a pretty good hint that he's at least familiar with MotU, and might even like the shows.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_He-Man View Post
    The Snake Mountain joke doesn't make much sense unless he realizes that was the HQ of cartoon villians of the 80s. Otherwise, he could simply be confusing "rock" with "mountain".

I'd say that this is a pretty good hint that he's at least familiar with MotU, and might even like the shows.
    He's of an age where he would know what Snake mountain was.

He may not be a fan, but he probably watched the show as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    He's of an age where he would know what Snake mountain was.

He may not be a fan, but he probably watched the show as a kid.
    Out of curiousity - how popular would you say He-Man was in the UK? I get a sense that he was REALLY popular there (judging by the fact that such a large percentage of our posters are from the UK). Also, I noticed that a lot of the voice actors for He-Man had British accents (this was particularly true for many background/one-shot characters).
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

Yes, I admit, I watch it. I've never been one for shame!

But anyway, I don't think it was a mix-up of rock and mountain, the way he said it was venomous, sort of like "go back to your cavern, witch" kind of thing.

I never liked Scott whoever-he-is much until now (especially when he chickened out of a Bush Tucker Trial, claiming that 'worms were biting him' - hahaha!!), but he's gone up a notch in my book now.

Goodness, are we REALLY discussing this?!

Out of curiousity - how popular would you say He-Man was in the UK? I get a sense that he was REALLY popular there (judging by the fact that such a large percentage of our posters are from the UK). Also, I noticed that a lot of the voice actors for He-Man had British accents (this was particularly true for many background/one-shot characters).
    (Very sorry to double post, but I just had to reply) He-Man was MASSIVE here.

In the 1980s, a LOT of US imports were very big here (my oft cited favourites such as 'The Dukes Of Hazzard'... 'Knight Rider'... 'The A-Team'... 'Thundercats'... *so many*), to the extent that you'd think they were home-grown. Of them, He-Man was one of the very biggest. MOTU had absolutely massive displays in shops, and held a popular time-slot (ITV, Monday, 4:20pm) for many years (even if the episodes were usally cut for time, but that's another story!). *Everyone* knew He-Man, everyone watched it, everyone had the figures.

I'd hazard a guess that, outside of the US, the UK had / has the biggest MOTU market and fanbase on Earth.
    ~jay firestorm~

TMK, all of the actors were Americans (Yes, kiddies ... Linda Gary's veddy British Sorceress came out of a California mouth! )
    Last edited by Mirage; November 20, 2006 at 08:33pm.

Yep, I saw it too and in actual fact my dad called it 'Snake Mountain' before Scott did! So obviously my dad remembers He-man too from having to sit through it when me and my brother were kids!

As for watching I'm a celebrity.... why would anyone be ashamed of watching it? I've watched every series apart from the one Joe Pasquale won. I also watch Big Brother, so sue me!
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    TMK, all of the actors were Americans (Yes, kiddies ... Linda Gary's veddy British Sorceress came out of a California mouth! )
    I think Canadian_He-Man's point was, as I understood it, that a lot of the (background) *characters* (not actors) sounded British. And I have to agree. Also, a lot of the young characters, Royal pages, etc., sounded very British (but then again, they too came from Linda Gary).

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    As for watching I'm a celebrity.... why would anyone be ashamed of watching it? I've watched every series apart from the one Joe Pasquale won. I also watch Big Brother, so sue me!
    Well 'I'm A Celebrity...' is where I draw the line. I can't stand reality TV ordinarily, and can't bear 'Bore Brother's "I wanna be faaaamoooos" culture. But we're getting waaaay off-topic now - I think this is a discussion for another forum!
    ~jay firestorm~

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    I think Canadian_He-Man's point was, as I understood it, that a lot of the (background) *characters* (not actors) sounded British. And I have to agree. Also, a lot of the young characters, Royal pages, etc., sounded very British (but then again, they too came from Linda Gary).
    Bear in mind that all of the characters were done by only five people (John, Alan, Linda, Lou, and Erika.)

You had to distinguish them SOMEHOW. It was probably an easy fix.

Bear in mind that all of the characters were done by only five people (John, Alan, Linda, Lou, and Erika.)

It's nice to see you're on first name terms with the cast (joke)
    Last edited by Spacedust; November 20, 2006 at 09:45pm.
    ~jay firestorm~

Lycan

Not to be speaking for him, but I wonder if he means the put on brit accents (which were quite bad) were done to appeal to the UK audience and make MOTU feel more like a worldwide phenomenum than just strictly USA.

As a kid, I never even noticed any of the accents. They were just Eternians to me.

Really? Even the young boys, teenage girls, and such?

Wow... talk about voice acting range!

I always thought that it must have been hard for John, Alan, Melendy, and George, to do both the archenemy, AND the main supporter (John was He-Man and Beastman; Alan was Skeletor and Man-At-Arms; Melendy was She-Ra and Catra; George was Hordak and Bow). To go from being Character A's worst enemy to Character A's best friend must be tricky.

Still... Lina Gary is also amazing due to the sheer diversity of voices she did (Teela, Glimmer, Evil-Lyn, etc..., etc...).

Most anime English dub voice actors sound the same from show to show (i.e. you can instantly tell it's him or her by the sound of a character's voice), so the range of the MotU/PoP voice-cast is truly awesome.

I honestly thought the shows had at least walk-on British voice actors to do this one-shot character, or that one-shot character. I guess that the British accents of the voice-cast were a bit exaggerated, though, going by Havoc's response.

Spacedust - Thanks for the info! I always thought that MotU would be popular in Great Britian due to the medieval England motif of many of the shows (Castle Grayskull, King Randor, and a few other aspects of the show, all make me think of England). It's good to know for certain now.

Havoc - It's funny - I noticed that Hordak ends a lot of his sentences with "eh?", and thus I thought of claiming his character for Canada.

I guess accents aren't everything though.

Really? Even the young boys, teenage girls, and such?
    I believe Linda did the boys (If you'll notice, a lot of them tend to sound like high-pitched Teelas.)

The girls may have been split between Linda and Erika.

The only 'walk on' performer that I know of was George DiCenzo, who went on to do Hordak in 'She-Ra'. He did a couple of spots in some season two episodes.

And I have to say, this has turned out to be the craziest thread ever. It's going all over the place!!
    ~jay firestorm~

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I saw it too, I'm glad it got mentioned, I kept calling it Snake Mountain, Snake Rock is such a mouthful!