Thread: Why did Orko live on Eternia?

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar

Why did Orko live on Eternia?

I hadn't thought of this before, but since Orko had relatives and friends on Trolla, and it was his home planet, why doesn't he just live on Trolla? And how did he even get to Eternia, anyway?

These questions may have been answered in an episode, I don't remember. It's tough to recall specifics when you watchd 33 episodes at once for 3 sets a couple of years ago.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

"Creatures from the Tar Swamp" reveals how Orko came to Eternia through magical storm, and luckily so, cause near the place where he emerged, young Prince Adam & Cringer were in danger.

"Dawn of Dragoon" showed us of Orko's homeworld Trolla where he is a powerful wizard (his magic works, which is backwards mostly in Eternia), and his girlfriend Dree Elle. In that episode Orko could have stayed there but he says he couldn't leave his friends in Eternia and because of Skeletor still causing havoc.

Thanks, Jukka.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    "Creatures from the Tar Swamp" reveals how Orko came to Eternia through magical storm, and luckily so, cause near the place where he emerged, young Prince Adam & Cringer were in danger.
    Hey, the "Tar Swamp"! Now the name of that board here makes appropriate sense, lol. (see I didn't get that since I've only seen the episodes once each, and that was a couple of years ago when I went through them all).

"Dawn of Dragoon"...In that episode Orko could have stayed there but he says he couldn't leave his friends in Eternia and because of Skeletor still causing havoc.
    Well I wonder why he ever stayed in the first place? If he saved young Adam and young Cringer, why not just go on back to Trolla?

Sometimes I like getting to the bottom of things in character background, lol.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    Well I wonder why he ever stayed in the first place? If he saved young Adam and young Cringer, why not just go on back to Trolla?

Sometimes I like getting to the bottom of things in character background, lol.
    I am terrible at writing these sorta things....I've seen the episodes so many times, so I leave out important facts that I take granted.

Orko came to Eternia by accient via a magical storm.
    In "Dawn of Dragoon" it was Dree Elle who came to Eternia from Orko's small magical pyramid that they were testing with Man-At-Arms.

I can't recall what happened to the pyramid, so the way Orko can go back to Trolla is help from the Sorceress, and she usually can remind Orko not go back to Trolla for the wrong reasons, like we see in the episode "The Secret of Grayskull" (which, btw is a VERY misleading title-name).

Co-Creator of the NV
    ...and all this time I was thinking that it was because MAA did something horrible in a former life that he was paying for by having to put up with Orko now...

I am terrible at writing these sorta things....I've seen the episodes so many times, so I leave out important facts that I take granted.
    Hey, I appreciate your input.

Orko came to Eternia by accient via a magical storm.
    In "Dawn of Dragoon" it was Dree Elle who came to Eternia from Orko's small magical pyramid that they were testing with Man-At-Arms.

I can't recall what happened to the pyramid, so the way Orko can go back to Trolla is help from the Sorceress, and she usually can remind Orko not go back to Trolla for the wrong reasons, like we see in the episode "The Secret of Grayskull" (which, btw is a VERY misleading title-name).
    But didn't Adam and Orko go to Trolla in one episode? I know She-Ra and Orko (and maybe someone else?) got there in a POP episode...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    ...and all this time I was thinking that it was because MAA did something horrible in a former life that he was paying for by having to put up with Orko now...
    No one did anything that horrible!

But didn't Adam and Orko go to Trolla in one episode? I
    Adam has traveled to Trolla couple times, and it was always with the help of the Sorceress.

The point being, the Sorceress is the one to help Orko go to Trolla, but if Orko wanted to go back there
    for the wrong reasons (like after being tricked by Skeletor), then the Sorceress would remind Orko that
    he is valued in Eternia for whom he is.

I hadn't thought of this before, but since Orko had relatives and friends on Trolla, and it was his home planet, why doesn't he just live on Trolla? And how did he even get to Eternia, anyway?

These questions may have been answered in an episode, I don't remember. It's tough to recall specifics when you watchd 33 episodes at once for 3 sets a couple of years ago.
    That's a very good question, in my point of view, Orko stayed on Eternia, because he was needed in a battle againt Skeletor & Evil-Lyn, I think he just visited sometimes in Trolla, perhaps he just liked to be on Eternia.

jukka you are a living breathing MOTU encyclopedia !!

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    jukka you are a living breathing MOTU encyclopedia !!
    MotU by itself is a tad too big subject for me to handle.

I'd like to think that I remember fairly good amount of things from Filmation toon which was the thing for me back in the day. Nowdays almost everyone has the episodes on DVD so the knowledge of those Filmation-buffs like me, Blue, manny and others (them famous folk like Busta and Dagar) is rare in need these days.