Thread: Two Bad classic figure review thread

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Two Bad classic figure review thread

Another Friday, another classic figure review thread. I really look forward to these, and reading everyone's thoughts and memories.

This week’s character to discuss is TWO BAD.

I never had a Two Bad (it wasn't until I started doing these threads, that I realised how many figures I didn't originally have in my collection).

He always seemed a bit of a 'gimmick' figure to me, you can really hear the heads at Mattel like "...I know, let's do a figure with two heads!". In this respect, he always came across as a rather generic figure, with not as much character as some of the earlier releases.

Of course, there are two versions of the Two Bad figure. The original with a flat back, and a slightly later one with a rounded back (the armor on the front side is also slightly re-molded).

Then, there was his strange spring-armed feature, with their odd angles. I think "officially" it was for the figure to 'bear hug' characters, but just about everyone seemed to think it was to allow one side to hit the other side in the head. Whether this was intended or not, it certainly fitted in with the character.

Two Bad appeared sometimes in the second season of the Filmation cartoon series. Unsurprisingly, he was mostly used for comic foil, with both heads constantly arguing with each other.

In the years later, when I started to collect MOTU seriously, I got several Two Bads (both flat and round backed), and came to like the figure a little more, although I wouldn't rate him as one of the particular bests of the line.

Two Bad has to be one of my absolute favourite 200x updates. I was never over-fussed about the original, but the updated version gave him so much more character, with it really looking like it was two separate characters melded together.

I also liked with the MYP cartoon did with the character. They gave him a good origin story (one of the few origins that I really liked in the new series), and gave the character some good episodes, with "Separation" really standing out.

All-in-all, I give Two Bad 7 out of 10.

There are my random thoughts on Two Bad.
    Let’s hear your thoughts, comments, memories, how you used to play with the figure, anything you like to do with the character...
    Last edited by Spacedust; December 1, 2006 at 03:13pm. Reason: Forgot rating
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

As a kid I got one MOTU figure a year from my grandma. The first was Clawful and the second Two-bad. I like him immediately when I saw him. He has a nice colour sheme and the wide thorax appealed to me cause it made him seem stronger. I got the flat-back and until several years ago I didn't even know about the rounded back. 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    ... but just about everyone seemed to think it was to allow one side to hit the other side in the head.
    You mean he wasn't intended for people to do that? Whoops...

Two-Bad was my brother's toy - but I always liked sneaking into his room to play with that figure. The only thing I ever had him do was ... punch himself. But that's the great thing about this toy, ya know? You didn't need a single other toy to play with; Two-Bad himselves was more than enough. That's gotta be worth something special!

As for the design, he was goofy-looking. No other way to say it. But I liked the various bumps he had. I liked the colour contrast, his gloves, and his shield.
    I certainly don't "love" him, but there's definately no playa-hatin' going on here either. A good solid chunk O' fun.

7 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by discosupafly View Post
    You mean he wasn't intended for people to do that? Whoops...
    Well, I'm not actually sure. I thought for years that that was what it was designed for, but then when I started 'seriously' collecting MOTU and reading up on the figures I didn't have, it seemed to suggest that it was to 'bear hug' victims. I guess it works great with either purpose in mind. Well, he does have two personalities, so it makes sense that it has two ways of doing things!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Two Bad was an OK figure I guess, I never actually owned him when the figure first was released I think he was released with Spikor, Stinkor and Horde and they appealed to me more.

I have one now and he is a good design and the colours do stand out. I actually do lie his action feature, but I used it to punch other figures rather than his other head.

The 4HM design is great though, really made the character stand out and look more scary.

Rating: 6.5/10

I like Two-Bad. He was a fun figure. Granted, in the original cartoon, as well as his "punch himself" design, he was really a jokey character. But as far as design he was pretty detailed for the time and really cool to look at. He could realy bearhug anyone, as no-one can fit IN the arms... maybe between his fists. I always had more time having him punch himself in the faces. I still do that. Sit at my computer, and if he's in reach I grab him and start makign angry Two-Bad voices and punching... complete with lots of Three Stooges schtick.

Tuvar: Oooh a wiseguy, eh! *punch punch*
    Badra: Nya-ah-ah-ah, Whoop woopwoopwoop!!

He gets an 8 out of 10 for making me smile and giving me lots of distractions.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

indeed

yeah i always loved that "puch yourself" think the figure did i also like slamming the fists together for a cool shockwave attack.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Two-bad was Fantastic. I found him really unique from all of the other figures i had. Plus the details on him were Amazing. Too bad mine got robbed years ago.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Pretty Handsome Awkward motubot's Avatar
    I always liked the figure, I remember playing with him caged sometimes for some reason .

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bad View Post
    Too bad mine got robbed years ago.
    Pun Intended?

Quote Originally Posted by motubot View Post
    Pun Intended?
    Beat me to it, I was going to say the same thing!
    ~jay firestorm~

Hmm... here's a figure I always neglected... I mean, when I first got him, I loved him - and he was constantly "punching his faces!" BUT... although the blue side always intrigued me, the purple side left me bored... and the figure ended up in the bottom of my blue MOTU figure crate with Zodak.

He was cool to look at - they did a nice job there. I did like the origin story that was created for the MYP toon... though when I saw that they were two people at first, I totally knew what was going to happen.

out of 10, I would give Two Bad a 2
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I agree, I always thought the purple side let the figure down a bit too. It just didn't look right somehow. I thought it came across much better on the 200x revamp figure, with the blue side looking like the more clever, tactical soldier, and the purple side being a more savage, wild warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    out of 10, I would give Two Bad a 2
    One for each head?
    ~jay firestorm~

I realy liked two bad He was one of the few figures who could actulely pass as being nearly as strong as He man. don't know if this was mentioned in any mini comics but thats the inpression I got didint he actuley restrain He man for a little while for skelertor to do something.

forget witch comic it was he was two evil wariors in one. and he had arguabley the strongest power punch except for power punch He man of course, pull his fist all the way back and you not only had the sping loaded waist. but allso the arms slaming hard at any heroic figure in his way. when I played with two bad he could go toe to toe with He man and give him a very hard time.

now please forgive me for being a little off topic but come to think of it alot of figures where compared to He man, as being nearly but not quite as strong as He man. some examples are Dragstor, Extendar, Spikeor, faker, and Roboto, thats the inpression I had and its just my opinion. so dont freak out on me please, sometimes I used to have figures go off on thier own and follow thier own agenders.

independent of skelertor or He man trying to master the universe. as the name inplies, even trying to Concur Grayskull. good or bad,I think I had extendar Concur Grayskull once, it was funny to have my brother with He man say extendar, what are you doing your suposed to be a good guy. not today I replied im takeing over everything. back on topic sorry did'int mean to rant ill go so far as to give two bad a perfect score of 10.

Heroic Warrior

two bad

an interesting figure with a cheezy name. I liked that he was bigger than the other figures, or at least seemed so. the double spring loaded arms were cool too.

7.5 out of 10

Heroic Warrior
    I like the figure. I have got the one with the plain back.
    But in my opinion the figure´s torso it a bit heavy for the leg´s rubber to support it and keep him firmly stand.

I give him 6.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Arkan View Post
    I like the figure. I have got the one with the plain back.
    But in my opinion the figure´s torso it a bit heavy for the leg´s rubber to support it and keep him firmly stand.

I give him 6.5/10
    That's one of the things I meant to mention, Two Bad is very top-heavy and a b***h to try and stand up!
    ~jay firestorm~

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by braxsis364 View Post
    Don't know if this was mentioned in any mini comics but thats the inpression I got didint he actuley restrain He man for a little while for skelertor to do something.

He was holding Roboto down for Skeletor to replace his heart.