Thread: That there Paddavis once made a Blade...

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar

That there Paddavis once made a Blade...

And it's always been a small bother to me that I never made the time to do some proper colours on it.

Sooo... Last night I made a few touch-ups, to make it look more like a finished product. Well, I think it might have gotten a little bit better than just the flats, atleast?

Come on guys... 117 views and not a single reply? Not even to tell me it sucks, or anything? ^^

Thats great

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    It sucks.

Just kidding. It looks great. The pic is nice and clean and nicely put together. Awesome.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Magdaleina
    *obligatory first post in the middle of a thread* I was raised on the movie (we lived on a military base in germany with one english channel -- the only he-man stuff we could get was what came to video there), and as I started rediscovering the series in recent weeks and months, I always came back to the motion picture, because as the weird baby sister of the family, I adored Skeletor. But Blade had to be my second favorite character, despite his never appearing in the series. Of the newer villains, his design just always seemed the least hokey to me, and I would have loved to have seen him in the new series (though I did wonder if they didn't borrow some of his design for the revamping of Triclops).

Lovely piece; love the detail, love the color, love the character. You're very talented.

Galves, H-A ( why you..! I oughta..! ) thanks.

Magdaleina, cool that you like the movie , and Skelly in that flic was indeed one of its highlights. Some of the movie-designs weren't bad at all, even tho I certainly understand why some say that it strayed too far from the source-materials. PS: Thanks for the praise, lol! Just you wait until you see what some of the other folks on this board can do with colour tho..! ^^

Magdaleina
    Magdaleina, cool that you like the movie , and Skelly in that flic was indeed one of its highlights.
    Frank Langella = absolutely brilliant. His voice and inflection just really made Skeletor come alive (his transformation toward the end of the movie remains probably my favorite scene).

As far as the designs -- I don't think there was much wrong with the designs, just their execution. There was only so much you could do with makeup and special effects back then.

Yah, Skelly's head is probably the biggest sore, it isn't stiff and skull-like enough.

I think my favorite design is the one that wasn't used in the movie tho, the She-Ra design! ( wohohohoo, it's a bit "scandalous") ^^ I liked it so much that I even did some restoration-work on a pic of the art-card that it was revealed on.

ALSO: I truly hope that Paddavis one day gets to see this Blade, since he drew and designed it, so he can give some feedback on this new version.

Magdaleina
    Yah, Skelly's head is probably the biggest sore, it isn't stiff and skull-like enough.
    That's just something that most kids really won't notice, though. Well, now? Yes. Back then? No.

It didn't bother me that there were differences. I understood as a kid that the live action movies were always going to be different. I didn't care. It's (insert cartoon name here)! And it's REAL!