Vote for the best Dre-Elle

Brimstone:

Try this link if picture doesn't show up:
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/44168285/

Baena:

gbagok:

nightwing:

Monikasvo:
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

Bootleg:

Lord of Destruction:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=144671

gorby:

And Slackbot:

(His name is not in the poll, but it's anyway good to see the whole cavalkade.)
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

Bootleg:

Lord of Destruction:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=144671

gorby:

And Slackbot:

(His name is not in the poll, but it's anyway good to see the whole cavalkade.)

My choice was Bootleg, thought gorbys version is so creative!

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Slackbot's a she by the way.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

I went with Nightwing. I loved the medieval look and softer coloring, plus all the little details like the three earrings in each ear and the gold bands in the hair. What really drew my attention, though, was the feathery ruffle at the bottom of the dress. Nice touch, Nightwing.
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements."

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be."

~Peter Gibbons, Office Space

"How 'bout you not judge? How 'bout you just love?"

~Me

everyone's entry looks great...

Brimstone: i dig the dynamic pose, looks like she just got caught sneaking around, and she's about to unleash a spell.

gbagok: awesome--looks like she floated right out of the 200x toon.

nightwing: a very elegant and ethereal design. i love the details--like the earings and the braid/hair clasp. i don't see your custom figure up--maybe you should ask Monikasvo to add it?

Monikasvo: fantastic! your version would fit right in with madam razz from she-ra! is that a creature hiding amongst the flowers in her hat? (and thanks for your vote Monikasvo!)

Lord of Destruction: a good match for 200x orko. i like how you put her ears in from of her hood--it gives her a distinct look from the other entries.

gorby: the middle eastern motif is a stroke of genius. any chance we'll get to see a middle eastern re-design of orko?

slackbot: too bad she didn't officially enter her design--it looks great!

but ultimately, i think my vote has to go to...

Baena: usually i don't like seeing he-man characters rendered in such a stylized, almost abstract manner, but everything about this piece works for me. i am truly blown away by the sheer artistry of it.

this was my first time posting art here, and it was a lot of fun. i can't wait to see what everyone cooks up for the next challenge!
    Visit my sketchblog at its new URL: JASONBOT.com!

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    its hard to pick Baena i love your style. real classy stuff

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Heroic Warrior
    i voted for bootleg, i think it's the best one overall.

I voted for gbagok as that is my favorite.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Bootleg gets me vote. It simply looks just right.

Heroic Warrior Hordaks Henchman's Avatar
    i voted like every time.

and this time he got 37%

I voted for nightwing, because I loved the design!
    But all the designs were gorgeous!!!!
    My book "Musings from the Lips of a Dark Rose " is out : http://www.amazon.com/Musings-Lips-D...&redirect=true
    YAYAYAYAY!!!!
    I'm in heaven!!!

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    I liked Gbagok's design best, but if Nightwing had entered his custom figure into the mix, it would have gotten my vote.

Dr. Ω

Brimstone I like how you've tried to keep the 4 Horsemen take on Trollans with slightly more human features in the torso and suggested under the robe. Must have colors! She almost has a Shadow Weaver feel to her as well, which I dig because everything is really about Shadow Weaver.

Baena, you know I love your work and this is no different. The earrings are a real stand out, for some reason. I don't know why, but they make her seem more easy going and loveable. She feels a little like Janice from The Electric Mayhem (Muppets reference). And who doesn't love Janice?

nightwing, a very interesting and regal approach to Dree-Elle that I hadn't considered. I like the make of her gown with the belt. The fur hemline might be a little too much, but I really like the extreme sleeves and hair. Very Elizabethan and romantic, like a princess whose hand Orko would have to win (not to objectify her or anything, just I can see that as the arrangement when they meet).

Monikasvo, that's a very unexpected design! I agree with Bootleg that there's a resemblance to Madame Razz, which is a new direction I like. But only a Trollan could wear a hat like that!

Bootleg, I really like how you worked out her robes with the Horsemen designs. And the silhouette of her face is a nice charming feature.

Lord of Destruction, very handsome custom! Is that a knife she's packing? I can see her leading a resistance against Dragoon now.

gorby, a very cool new direction once again. I like that you covered the hair completely so that only her eyes can really show off the feminine side (although she seems feminine all over still, don't know why).

Slackbot, I like that you've struck a balance between the new design and the old Trollan proportions. I know that's a sticking point for a lot of us, so this is a very good strong design that keeps original size. Also the hood is very attractive on her.

Mine, I think the jewelry on her hood is overdone, and I think I should have kept the original's blue eye make-up somehow. I'm happy with how she turned out, but I hope to do better with other Trollans like Uncle Montork.

I hope everyone has/is having a great holiday season!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cimmerian View Post
    i voted for bootleg, i think it's the best one overall.
    BY CROM! thanks, Cimmerian!

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Bootleg gets me vote. It simply looks just right.
    BY THE FIRES OF APOKALIPS! thanks to you too Predabot!

customizer of greyskull nightwing.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chamita116 View Post
    I went with Nightwing. I loved the medieval look and softer coloring, plus all the little details like the three earrings in each ear and the gold bands in the hair. What really drew my attention, though, was the feathery ruffle at the bottom of the dress. Nice touch, Nightwing.
    thank you so much chamita116 im really glad you liked the medievil feel to my design. i always liked that there was a touch of the medievil approach in the designs of some of the motu characters (especially queen marlena) so i thought it would be nice to bring that across into my dree-elle & make her a trollan princess

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post

nightwing: a very elegant and ethereal design. i love the details--like the earings and the braid/hair clasp. i don't see your custom figure up--maybe you should ask Monikasvo to add it?
    thank you bootleg, yea i would have prefered to enter my custom figure but i didnt realise you could actually enter customs in the art polls & besides, i posted the design for her first so i guess its only fair.
    thank you so much for your comments

Quote Originally Posted by LupaLuna View Post
    I voted for nightwing, because I loved the design!
    But all the designs were gorgeous!!!!
    thanks LupaLuna

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Omega View Post
    I liked Gbagok's design best, but if Nightwing had entered his custom figure into the mix, it would have gotten my vote.

Dr. Ω
    thank you so much Dr. Omega im really pleased you like my custom figure of dree-elle

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post

nightwing, a very interesting and regal approach to Dree-Elle that I hadn't considered. I like the make of her gown with the belt. The fur hemline might be a little too much, but I really like the extreme sleeves and hair. Very Elizabethan and romantic, like a princess whose hand Orko would have to win (not to objectify her or anything, just I can see that as the arrangement when they meet).
    thank you so much gbagok, i agree with you about the fur hemline in my design. that is the only thing i changed when i was making my custom figure. instead of fur i just gave her a pink pleated petticoat which i think looked a lot more elegant.

I voted for Bootleg's. She's so cute!
    Beware Scorpios... they sting!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man's Lover View Post
    I voted for Bootleg's. She's so cute!
    thanks!

I didn't vote, because I can't decide between gbagok, and Baena.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Whoah.. Gbagok utterly totalled everyone, even Baena!

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post
    BY THE FIRES OF APOKALIPS! thanks to you too Predabot!

Lol! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Whoah.. Gbagok utterly totalled everyone, even Baena!

Lol! ^^
    Ease up there man! We all know I'm not unbeatable!, Buffalo-Bill-Man has cleaned my clock on many an occasion.
    I think Bearshow beat me once or twice too.

I'm happy to see all the different takes anyway, it's not about who beat who.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

congrats to gbagok!

Hey, thanks Bootleg, and to everyone who voted for mine! And kudos to everyone who contributed, this was a great turn out I thought.

This was a really great round. All th designs were absolutly great. I was caught up between nightwing, Baena & gbagok but in the end I just felt gbagok stood out just a bit more. BUt its a fantastic effort by every participant.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

The babe with The Power Slackbot's Avatar
    Poo. If I'd seen this in time I would have drawn something a little better and entered it. Not that I'd have expected to win - there's a lot of good art here. I'm especially fond of Bootleg's.

And, yes, I am a Gyno-American.
    Castle Numbskull
    Masters of The Universe stuff you won't find anywhere else.
    Thank goodness.