Thread: Help with 80s show... might be The Twilight Zone.

Heroic Warrior

Help with 80s show... might be The Twilight Zone.

There was an anthology show during the 1980s that had an episode where a house starts to get very hot and the family tries to escape it but every exit is blocked by a metal plate. They even try digging the basement and they find out that there's a metal plate underneath. Then a reddish goo comes out from the chimney. Turns out the people in the house were dolls and they were living in a dollhouse that a little kid put in the oven. The red goo was a lollipop that was on top of the chimney.

Anybody remembers this? It was a cool episode, but I can't remember what's the name of it or what show it was on. Maybe The Twilight Zone or Tales from the Darkside?

It could be "The Geezenstacks" from "Tales from the Darkside"

Summary:
    "A little girl is given a dollhouse by her uncle, who tells her that he found it when the previous owners suddenly abandoned their home, leaving only the dollhouse behind. The girl's father soon notices that whatever happens to the new dolls happens to their family."
    There si another similar one that it is the same but the family can't wake up because te dolls seems to be sleeping while the house is on fire.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    It could be "The Geezenstacks" from "Tales from the Darkside"

There si another similar one that it is the same but the family can't wake up because te dolls seems to be sleeping while the house is on fire.
    That's not it, but I've found it. It's an episode called "Child's Play" from Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    There was an anthology show during the 1980s that had an episode where a house starts to get very hot and the family tries to escape it but every exit is blocked by a metal plate. They even try digging the basement and they find out that there's a metal plate underneath. Then a reddish goo comes out from the chimney. Turns out the people in the house were dolls and they were living in a dollhouse that a little kid put in the oven. The red goo was a lollipop that was on top of the chimney.

Anybody remembers this? It was a cool episode, but I can't remember what's the name of it or what show it was on. Maybe The Twilight Zone or Tales from the Darkside?
    I remember watching this as a kid and being mesmerized, even though the ending was somewhat lacking. I never could've answered what series it was from, though.
    Who's Who of the Masters of the Universe: my on-going project of MOTU character information, including bios, powers, weaknesses, weapons, stats and trivia.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I remember watching this as a kid and being mesmerized, even though the ending was somewhat lacking. I never could've answered what series it was from, though.
    Same here. I never would have remembered the name of the show. I still look at that name and I honestly think that it's the first time I've ever heard of that show, but I remember I used to watch it when I was a kid with my brother.