Thread: The Outdoor Gardening Thread

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar

The Outdoor Gardening Thread

There used to be an active gardening thread around here, but I couldn't find it in any of my searches.

So, I have a question. I have a hydrangea outside, and it regularly comes back each year, but I'm not quite sure what to do about the little dead brown "nubs" on the stalks that were where old shoots grew; do I shave them off, or do I leave them there? Any experienced or knowledgeable folks have any thoughts?

Hydrangea.jpg
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

I don't plant hydrangeas, but I'm not sure what to do with those 'nubs', Mer-Man's Minion.
    Let's ask anyone who grows hydrangeas outside their homes.
    Last edited by Neophron; April 26, 2015 at 01:19pm.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    There used to be an active gardening thread around here, but I couldn't find it in any of my searches.

So, I have a question. I have a hydrangea outside, and it regularly comes back each year, but I'm not quite sure what to do about the little dead brown "nubs" on the stalks that were where old shoots grew; do I shave them off, or do I leave them there? Any experienced or knowledgeable folks have any thoughts?

You want to leave them alone. The only thing you want to remove is the old faded and dried flowers after the last frost in spring. And you don't even really have to remove them.

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Despara, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Bahdrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread