Thread: What forums do you have the most fun on?

Grammer Flunky

What forums do you have the most fun on?

These days i'm seriously thinking of giving up forums for good.....

but, two things stop my from doing so.

1)I don't want to feel like i've been chased off by people who keep on causing trouble and make the forum experience less fun.
    this makes it seem like they've won and they will continue to make forum life miserable for the good people left.

2)I'd really have no social life. sometimes forums help keep the brain matter working.

But, with people getting crazier and crazier and less willing to act human online, forums have become more of a chore than anything else. There is really only one that i still post regularly on, yet, the same 15 or so people that that mods refuse to ban or penalize make posting there such an annoyance that i'm about ready to give up that ghost too. It doesn' help matters that when i asked for help from the mods for these people who refuse to leave me alone, that they thought i was the problem and should stop posting altogether. despite the fact that the forums other 3,000+ members have no problem with me ;o).

are there any forums left that you still have fun on that are worth checking out?

either for info purposes or just members that can still behave like adults? I wanna know there is still hope in the online community ;o).
    we all know this forum is still ok of course ;o).

I post mostly here. This is my online family.

I help out over at Digital Webbing. That's got a good crowd if you like comics.
    I used to post at CBR, but lost track of things when they did the forum reboot and everyone had to re-register. There was a couple other comic forums I used to post at but those forums have dried up over time.
    I don't post there, but I like the communities at The Fwoosh and Toyark.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

This is the only one I post on on a regular basis. I used to post on football forums a lot a decade or so ago, but sports fans can be pretty brutal to each other even if you cheer for the same team. With two kids, I also only have so much free time. I do like going to bluray.com to see what deals are out there, but I rarely post. I also basically just use things like facebook and twitter to look up entertainment news and not for social aspects.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    IMDB has a great forum with lots of threads....oh wait....never mind.

Grammer Flunky
    that still makes me sad the imdb ones are gone. on occasion they where fun to browse as people where not afraid to post what they truly felt. good or bad. and sometimes they came up with genuine spoiler info not found anywhere else..

I'll check out the comics board.

You know, it's sad that forums are apparently beginning to dry up all over the place. ones i visited regularly ten years ago that i thought would last forever are rather dead now.

apparently, other services are starting to replace them, although iforget what they are called at the moment. some hot new social media device people seem to like that will probably last two years at best before the next hot one comes along.

I dunno.... it's just an ever changing world, and i'm still the person i was 20 years ago .

I post here second only to Facebook. I have lots of political debates and other types with friends on a daily basis. I enjoy it here though as everyone is mostly supportive.

I think what kills forums are people who like to state their opinion on a subject, and can't stand when others disagree or challenge that opinion. It leads to fussiness and discussions that other can't or won't participate in.

I have members even here that I really like and respect that I feel like have gotten annoyed or upset with me over some of the Tar Swamp activity.

Master of New Adventures!
    Are you joking?