Page 3 of 210 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

has too many toys. The Trollan Stud's Avatar
    Two-Face:

I haven't seen the Joker repaint yet, but I think it's out there in a scan from Lee's Toy Review.

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Here are pics of the upcoming figures, including Two-Face, courtesy of Batman Yesterday, Today, & Beyond: http://www.batmanytb.com/actionfigur...roes/upcoming/

The new Joker is the Four Horsemen one that came out like 3 years ago in the Batman line with new accessories and orange pants. I don't think he'll have new articulation. Mr. Freeze only got more articulation because they used Lex Luthor's arms and legs for him too.
    A Postmodern Man For the 21st Century.

Hey,

Thanks so much! That's a pretty nice looking Two-Face. Hopefully the paint apps in the final version will be good and the figure wont look like it was watercolored by a 3rd grader (ala Superman ver. 2 from DC Superheroes).

Snake, Snake, SNAAAKE!! Spider-01's Avatar
    In this past week, I actually found a Robin at a Stop and Shop, the Batman-Batgirl and Clark Kent-Superman two-packs at a Target, and a Darkseid at Kmart. Now I just need to find an Azrael and a Mr. Freeze to be all caught up. It's not looking too good, though. I have never seen either of them. Wave 3 (except for Batman) seems to have have completely skipped over my area.

Let me interupt for a moment: Parasite and Steel look awesome. That is all.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Does anyone have a complete list that has every figure released and the ones upcoming?? Including 2-packs and variants??

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Does anyone have a complete list that has every figure released and the ones upcoming?? Including 2-packs and variants??

Brent

Click on each of the links on this page: http://www.batmanytb.com/actionfigur...roes/index.php
    I knew it all along. His father welled up with pride when they told him he could have TWO breads, then we all ran behind the house.

That's all I got...

I've picked up every single figure from the line at K-mart, minus Robin, which I already had from the last release, and Luthor and Brainiac, which good ol' mom found for me back home in SC.

This an awesome line, and I hope it continues long enough for whoever to change their mind and let Mattel release other DC characters.
    MUNDO!!

If that Supergirl actually looks like that in the stores I may be tempted to get it. That last Supergirl figure was so ugly I refused to buy it.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I found Azrael!

I went to a TRU in my area, at first only to see the same 2 Scarecrows that were there Christmas week. Then my brother pointed and shouted, "Azrael!" and there on the peg was the self-described Angel of Vengeance, the only figure there from wave 3, and the only wave 3 figure I have ever seen in person. Think about it - the only figure left from a wave 3 box put out long after wave 4 hit the area, and it's the shortpacked figure every collector wants. It's nothing short of incredible and miraculous! My mother and brother think Azrael was a Christmas return that some little kid got and didn't know the character, but I find it odd that a parent casually Christmas shopping would happen upon the shortpacked, collector-crazed figure of the series.

So says the Sword.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

I bet a collector had it in a hiding spot and one of the employees found it and put it back. Or it was a return like you said.
    MUNDO!!

Went to a Wal-Mart tonight and the only DCSH figures they had were 1 Freeze & 2 Azrael. Betting these were found stashed in the stockroom somewhere.....

EDIT: Update 1/14/07 - A buddy of mine found a couple re-packs from the newest wave. All he saw were Superman & Bizzarro, but the cardbacks are different, advertising the blue costume Supergirl, Parasite, & Steel. Haven't seen it myself to see if Mongul's included or not, but he said he saw them at a Meijer. But if this is an indication, looks like the strict alternating of waves between Batman & Superman, aren't going to be 1:1......
    Last edited by Skullface; January 14, 2007 at 09:39pm.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

I saw the repacks at Wal Mart today, none of the new figures though. They did have a few of the black/red emblem Superman in stock.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Court Magician
    Steel and Parasite are now out found them at the local Wal-mart today they are both awsome

Just found Parasite and Steel. Here's a pic of the fronts and a scan of the back:

I'm a little bummed. Apparently, despite the advertisement of a repack Doomsday and the Turner-style Supergirl, they aren't being packed in the cases yet. The dude at the Wal-Mart I got these from said that Superman, Bizarro, Steel and Parasite were the only ones in the case. After travelling to five Wal-Marts, all I found (other than these two) were tons upon tons of repacked Supermans (Supermen?) and Bizarros.

Yup, looks like we've got the Mekaneck/Teela situation again.

***Please read forum rules about image sizes***

The orange Doomsday and new Supergirl ARE out.

And there's a Steel variant. There's one with a vac-metallized S-emblem and one with it just painted.

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalChemical View Post
    The orange Doomsday and new Supergirl ARE out.
    In all actuality, that makes me feel better. I thought I wasted gas going to five Wal-Marts through three towns for nothing.

Any clue if they're just alternating cases? And is the vac'ed Steel the harder to find one? Cause that's the one I got.

This whole line's getting me frustrated. I had to resort to evilBay since they shortpacked Darkseid so drastically, and now it seems like they might be doing the same to the Supergirl that I actually want (as opposed to the last one, which I settled for and was plentiful).
    Last edited by Darth Mooby; February 1, 2007 at 06:19pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mooby View Post
    In all actuality, that makes me feel better. I thought I wasted gas going to five Wal-Marts through three towns for nothing.

Any clue if they're just alternating cases? And is the vac'ed Steel the harder to find one? Cause that's the one I got.

This whole line's getting me frustrated. I had to resort to evilBay since they shortpacked Darkseid so drastically, and now it seems like they might be doing the same to the Supergirl that I actually want (as opposed to the last one, which I settled for and was plentiful).
    Pictures of the new figures

There's the Superman/Bizzarro only cases and then there's the ones that have the new figures and Superman and Bizarro. It's probably someone was there right before you and only bought the girl because that happens a lot.

I don't know about the Steel variants. There's only 1 Steel in a case but it seems that they're relatively even? I'd think the shiny one would be rarer though.

I must be the only person not having trouble with this line. Whenever the new ones come out I go out once and find all of them. And I've always seen tons of each figure (except Wave 3, that was in and out in like 3 weeks).

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    I picked up Parasite yesterday. I wanted Steel the most, so I was pretty disappointed that I missed him. I also want Supergirl, I held out on buying the other version because I've never liked the white t-shirt costume for her. They also had the black emblem Superman, two of the awful two-pack Superman from a few years back that was already repacked with the last wave, and the lava Doomsday. I was tempted to pick up Doomsday, since the repaint is pretty cool. In the end, I just can't justify buying a simple repaint of a figure I already own.
    I'm getting really sick of seeing the same Superman figures again and again. The series 2 4H Superman is the best figure of that character ever produced, but it's been released in three series in the past year. Even being limited to the Superman family for this wave, there are plenty of variations that could be done. The black "regeneration" suit with the metal S-shield, for instance. That would make even more sense in a wave that includes Steel. I just hope to God we get a great Cyborg Superman figure out of this series before it's done.
    Aside from the Steel and Supergirl from the current wave, the only figure I'm missing is Azrael. I wound up getting Luthor on Ebay last week; I lucked out and found a guy who was selling a few of them at the buy-it-now price of $7.00! I won the auction Friday, and got my figure(along with the other non-Dc figure I order from him) on Monday! I wish all online transactions could be like that.

Hey Everyone,

So far Mattel has released the first three waves of this line in Australia. I personally have been able to find all of the figures from all three waves. However, many other Aussies on different toy forums have not had positive experiences either. The Doomsday figure in wave 2 was quite rare. I think I was lucky because the cases were fresh when I discovered that wave and wave 3. Allthough wave 3 is still plentiful in Target stores here.

Mattel Australia tells me that another wave is due for release soon, so I guess we will see how we go. I wish everyone the best of luck on finding these figures. It is such a wonderful DC line with the kind of figure sculpts that up until the The Four Horsemen Batman and DC Superheroes lines you just would not have expected to see outside of the DC Direct or Yamato style collector lines. In does pain me to see fans miss out. It does also seem like the modern "MotU" toy lines all over again though.

Take it easy,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

What's the point behind that Doomsday Repaint? "Lava Doomsday", what does that translate into? "Desperate attempt at trying to give cheap repaints some sense"?! And the same Superman over and over again gets really boring. Heck, paint him black and silver, retool the hair, leave away the cape, there you have one "new" Supes that's produced with minimum extra costs. And just throw some green cloth rags with silver rubber bands to Doomsday for a "Prison Escape" reissue. Sometimes I wonder if there's some kinda of sick conspiracy going on that's trying to ruin every line the Four Horsemen are working on. Oh well, at least they can do countless Two-Face dress repaints... .
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; February 2, 2007 at 11:32am.

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know if Lava Doomsday throws back to a story from the comics? I mean either a story in mainstream continuity or an else worlds scenario? I am just curious.

Take it easy,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Actually, they've said that Doomsday is of him while being blasted by Superman's heat vision. That's where the color comes from.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

They probably ordered too much red for the cape on superman and supergirl and made lava doomsday to get rid of as much as they can.

I find it interesting that Mattel liked to go on about how female figures weren't bought all that much and that is why they didn't make many, yet this is third wave with supergirl.

Lets get huntress, batgirl, lois lane, poison ivy made for a change.

Use the superman mold to make a green lantern or flash. One of the great things about comic characters is by and large their bodies can be reused, with only a change to head sculpt, and with added articulation if you need to change the hands or boots you can.

That is one of the advantages to have added in articulation it makes it easier to make new characters by using old molds. At least it does in my mind.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it