Page 7 of 211 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Its not just the UK then?

I can't believe the lack of retailer support these things seem to have got compared to Marvel Legends. I mean, you'd think Superman and Batman would be names stores would feel to be a guaranteed seller, especially with the recent movies
    I wonder if it's really because of the retailers. Mattel still hasn't released any DC Superheroes stuff over here. Apparently, they ain't giving the line much of a chance here, maybe it's similar in the UK?
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    For BoyWonder to say the conservative approach didn't work is the understatement of the year. In January my local Walmart got in 21 Supermen; only 9 of those sold, and the remaining 12 are on clearance at $5 each. Once again, Mattel management screws everything up with crazy case ratios.

Meanwhile, I was at Wizard World Philadelphia for the entire three days last weekend, and the availability of DCH is equally incredible. Of all the vendors, no one had Kara Zor-El for sale, no one had Mr. Freeze, no one had Azrael, there was only 1 wave three Batman for sale, only 1 wave four Darkseid (blue version) for sale, only 1 black and silver Superman for sale, only 1 Mongul for sale, only 1 Kal-El for sale, and only 3 chrome variant Steels for sale. In other words, not even scalpers can find this line. I still say it's a miracle I found Kara and Azrael at retail, both being left on shelves without any sign of the rest of their cases.

So says the Sword.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Thing is, the Batman figures actually do sell well. When wave 3 hit, I saw Azrael before I ever saw that wave's Batman(although I only saw both figures once). It's the Superman figures that always clog the pegs here. Having 2-3 Superman waves in a row certainly hasn't helped that situation.

Found the Knight Shadow Batman at TRU last night. REALLY cool, for a Bat-variant.....

EDIT: And I ended up coming across the Camo Bane today as well..... no signs of Batgirl or Two-Face yet.....
    Last edited by Skullface; June 22, 2007 at 12:01am.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Is it just me or is the DCSH line just a very bad, stale rerun on how the MOTU line was mishandled back in 2004???? But, it doesn't matter considering I've quit hunting for the blue costume Supergirl and more than likely won't buy another Mattel product for a long time to come. Such a disappointing company.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

I think Mattel has a better effort in the DCSH line then they did with MOTU. Unfortunately, I think it took the MOTU screw-ups for Mattel to learn what they could have done better. With DCSH, Mattel is paying a lot of money for the rights to make the DC toys, so I imagine they are in this for the long haul.

I hope to see some really cool stuff at SDCC this year. I think Mattel will have a better year next year with this line.

Frankly, I wonder if Mattel just keeps going on with that line because they already messed up with other DC lines and wanna show they're capable of handling such a licence. It woulde be horrible publicity for them if they failed with two Batman lines while Kenner and Hasbro were sucessfull for more than a decade.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I think Mattel has a better effort in the DCSH line then they did with MOTU.
    Heh.
    Funny that. Here in the UK we got ALL the MOTU stuff except for exclusive send offs, and bizarrely, never got Teela. Apart from that, MOTU was handled very well in the UK and it was very easy to get every figure as they came out (eventually)

DC heroes though... we had wave 1. There could have been limited releases of wave 2, but big stores like Woolworths and Toys R us never stocked them atall.
    I was really looking forward to snagging up all the bat girls I could find for customs, but it looks like the line is done for us before we even got that far

Could be Mattel not pushing the product hard enough, or could be retailers feeling they screwed up enough giving support to movie lines that just sat on the shelves.
    Seems like before Mattel landed the licence, Batman was a surefire seller, even with all the insane variants he's always had.. It seems strange he should start to fail in the market so suddenly.

My feeling is that it was the price point..
    £9.99 is TOO much for a retail figure. Hasbros marvel legends are going to suffer the same fate if they don't cut the price for retailers.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Yeah! I was wondering the regular stores didn't get them in either.
    I end up getting them via ebay or Forbidden Planet.

Tesco's did/does have them though. But I don't shop at Tescos!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Lycan
    I think besides the import shops (which LC toys for example, were charging LESS for the imports!) Tesco was the only store I ever saw them in. I thought £9.99 was a mistake when I first saw it, or they were going to mark them down very quickly to make it look like they were a better deal, but that never happened
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

For the life of me, I cannot find any info on the DCSH wave with Two Face in. Can anybody help a brother out here?!

I only collect the DCSH for the Batman characters as a continuation of the comic line.
    Is anybody else doing the same?
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    For the life of me, I cannot find any info on the DCSH wave with Two Face in. Can anybody help a brother out here?!

I only collect the DCSH for the Batman characters as a continuation of the comic line.
    Is anybody else doing the same?
    In the US, the wave is:

Knight Shadow Batman
    Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)
    Bane (Camo pants repaint)
    Two-Face

also listed on the cardback but shipping later are:
    Mr. Freeze (no word yet if repaint, re-tool or re-pack)
    Man-Bat
    Clayface

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    Pig Boy - You should check out the following feature from Action Figure Insider. It has a quick review and some good pictures of the Two-Face/Batgirl wave...
    DCSH wave 6 feature

This wave is currently being found in TRU stores only. I haven't heard of any reports from Walmart or Target, but it's only a matter of time.

If you are looking for more info on the DCSH line or a forum with more information, Action Figure Insider (AFI) and the Fwoosh are both great places to discuss the line.

Action Figure Insider forum

Fwooshnet.com forum

Excellent fella's thanks!

Some of the repaints like Mister Freeze and Robin aren't really worth getting I think as they aren't that much different from the Comic Line.
    Killer Croc is a decent enough rehash.

I will certainly be getting all that Two-Face wave!
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    My feeling is that it was the price point..
    £9.99 is TOO much for a retail figure. Hasbros marvel legends are going to suffer the same fate if they don't cut the price for retailers.
    Good point. While it's common business that stuff gets more expensive through the years, they're almost ripping your off in certain categories nowadays. In the 90s, you paid more after a few years, but still got a decent amount of stuff along with your figure. Today, you pay more but you're lucky if a figure has one small accessoire and some cardboard display stand. I bet that we end up with less stuff for more money because Hasbro and Mattel need to save on costs and gain "profit" to pay for the licences. F.e., I'm sure that if the DCSH line was a Mattel inhouse brand like MotU, they wouldn't have canned the plastic dioramas; and Hasbro could afford producing 16" BAFs if ML was their inhouse brand.

Actually stumbled across a Batgirl & Two Face today, though the TRU employee almost tried to eat me after seeing me grab the box off his stocking cart and head toward the aisle.

Typical Mattel case pack - 5 Knight Shadow Batman, 1 Camo Bane, 1 Batgirl, 1 Two-Face......

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Actually stumbled across a Batgirl & Two Face today, though the TRU employee almost tried to eat me after seeing me grab the box off his stocking cart and head toward the aisle.

Typical Mattel case pack - 5 Knight Shadow Batman, 1 Camo Bane, 1 Batgirl, 1 Two-Face......
    Awesome find! The DCSH case packs only consist of 6 figures though. The particular assortment you found should have been 3x KS Batman, 1x Camo Bane, 1x Two-Face, and 1x Batgirl. Still not great, but a little better

I just found the new TRU exclusive 12" Batman figure - it's the same as the last one only with the blue replaced by black. On the back of the box is advertised a 12" Cyborg Superman! I suppose this must be coming to shelves at a later date though....

So says the Sword.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Well, it looks like Mattel has acquired the DC master license. There should be some new characters coming from the DCSH line that are outside of the Batman and Superman families. Check out the great news here...Mattel acquires DC master license

Well, it looks like Mattel has acquired the DC master license. There should be some new characters coming from the DCSH line that are outside of the Batman and Superman families. Check out the great news here...Mattel acquires DC master license
    Awesome news

I cannot wait. Now I need to get the rest of what I am missing lets see what do I have lol ummmmmm:

Series 1:

Superman
    Doomsday
    Bane with Ostito

I THINK thats all LOL.

They might not even be all from series one heh.

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    I just found the new TRU exclusive 12" Batman figure - it's the same as the last one only with the blue replaced by black. On the back of the box is advertised a 12" Cyborg Superman! I suppose this must be coming to shelves at a later date though....

So says the Sword.
    I was in a TRU a couple weeks ago, and finally saw a 12" Batman and Superman on the shelf. First time I've seen them. On the back, they advertised a 12" Mr. Freeze, using that AWESOME 4 Horsemen sculpt first issued as a 6" figure a few years ago (and which I have both variants of!) I WANT THAT 12" MR. FREEZE!!!

I hope it turns up soon. I'm guessing it hasn't been released yet, because there aren't even any on eBay.
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Woo woo woo!

How many waves of repaints until Mattel can take advantage of it, I wonder?
    A Postmodern Man For the 21st Century.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    This is awesome news. I can finally have a DCSH Justice League. I hope the 4 Horsemen are getting cracking. I want a Wonder Woman ASAP. Batman and Superman just seem incomplete without her.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    I was in a TRU a couple weeks ago, and finally saw a 12" Batman and Superman on the shelf. First time I've seen them. On the back, they advertised a 12" Mr. Freeze, using that AWESOME 4 Horsemen sculpt first issued as a 6" figure a few years ago (and which I have both variants of!) I WANT THAT 12" MR. FREEZE!!!
    I'm sorry to say that I believe you're mistaken. If you're referring to the characters on the back of the box of wave one 12" Batman, those pictures are simply advertising wave three of the 6" line. So far, only Batman (blue) and Superman from wave 1, and Batman (black) and Cyborg Superman from wave 2 have been released.

Wooo, master license! Perhaps this was the big news BoyWonder hinted we'd hear at SDCC....

So says the Sword.

DC Superheroes/JLU Update Thread

Maybe this could be a thread we're us fans of the Mattel/Four Horsemen 6" line, as well as the Justice League Unlimited line, can keep each other posted when new items are found in the stores or instock on online shops.
    To get it rolling, this weekend I found the large-scale Cyborg Superman at a TRU in Salem, NH. As well as several of the black Batman variants from the newest 6" wave (it looks like I just missed the Cassandra Cain Batgirl and Two Face).
    The latest JLU 3-pack waves I've been finding include the sets with Big Barda, Obsidian, Star Sapphire, and Sand.
    I've also spotted a single-carded Lex Luthor at a specialty comic shop a couple weeks ago, but haven't seen him since.
    Has anybody found the 10" Hourman from JLU yet? He's on the back of the packaging for some of the 10"s, but I've yet to find him.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra