Page 50 of 207 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 5168

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    They probably will just be a matty two pack if they are for real. It would be tough to fit those in a CnC line. Who would the monkey go with?

Anyways even if they do introduce them into the comic-line, it's a toyline after all. Don't take it so seriously. Life' s too short. This past week I had a friend almost die of heart failure. It really opens your eyes and makes you appreciate the more important things, Thanx Paul~
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

Heroic Warrior
    I can forgive it if it's just a twopack, or a con exclusive.

but Matty lied if that's the case.

I just hope it doesn't open the floodgates, as we were told it was COMIC ONLY.

as for taking things seriously, well, it's things like this, that take my mind off of things like heart failure, and other such horrors.

My dad had back surgery recently. As I spun into a period where I had no control over everything, it's always nice to have your hobby to escape to.

I see the no Vertigo characters clause, but is there a loophole for guys like Swamp Thing and Golden Age Sandman?
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Heroic Warrior
    GA Sandman: Yes
    Swamp Thing: No. They specifically mentioned him.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    but I really hope they're just customs, because if they're not, then Matty lied about this line being COMIC ONLY.
    But the Wonder Twins have appeared in comics. First in the Super Friends series, but they were brought into the DC Universe proper in the 90s in Extreme Justice and later in Young Justice.

Their costumes have gone through a few "updates", but they're the same characters in essence.

I wonder, did they change their powers any? Imean Zan always changing into a bucket of water? I can't wat to see what Jana looks like. It makes me think of the skit they did on Attack of the Show with Kevin and Olivia as the dynamic duo. It's very funny!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    But the Wonder Twins have appeared in comics. First in the Super Friends series, but they were brought into the DC Universe proper in the 90s in Extreme Justice and later in Young Justice.

Their costumes have gone through a few "updates", but they're the same characters in essence.

a Super Friends spinoff comic doesn't count.

and they're not in their YJ costumes. They're in their SF Costumes.

so, no, this loophole doesn't work.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Sorry to break the news to some of you guys, but the Wonder Twins are part of the DC Universe. They have been included in several DC storylines and have guest starred in a few issues of JLA, Teen Titans from the 80's, and most recently in Extreme Justice. I have the comic books stored up somewhere. Extreme Justice is part of the DC universe btw.

From the Wiki Page
    Extreme Justice version
    The new, revamped Wonder Twins. Art by Todd Nauck.

In the 1990s they were introduced into the main DC Universe in the series Extreme Justice. The series retconned their origin so that they are slaves of an alien villain, later rescued by the Justice League. In Extreme Justice #9 (Oct. 1995), unable to speak English, they accidentally attack some civilians and the Justice League. They join Captain Atom's team in issue #16.[1] They had far greater powers than their cartoon counterparts. During their fight with the JLA, Zan became an ice golem, a water monster, and a demonic-looking whirlpool; while Jayna became a griffin, a werewolf, and a sea serpent. Although rarely seen today, this version of the Wonder Twins is still part of the current DC Universe. Later they appeared in Young Justice #49–51, wearing uniforms which resembled t-shirts and jeans, to help avenge the murder of Empress's parents. Apparently, the Wonder Twins enjoy the taste of CDs, as they ate several of Wonder Girl's favorite discs.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

so, no, this loophole doesn't work.
    Sure it does. You just don't want it to.

Nobody is going to make you buy the figures (if they happen), but there is no lying.

--edit--

How do you feel about the Batman Beyond figure?
    Last edited by BCI Guy; February 10, 2009 at 12:52pm.

Or Harley Quinn, another character who started out in the cartoons?

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Or Harley Quinn, another character who started out in the cartoons?
    I thought about her too, but left her off since she's become a rather significant part of the DCU.

But the Batman Beyond character has appeared even less in the proper DCU than the Wonder Twins.

No offense intended toward anyone, but you guys might wanna save your breath - you cannot convince capitalzero otherwise. Look back several pages, this discussion already happened, with the same results.

This space for rent, apparently.....

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Well, I for one hope that the Wonder Twins do get made. If they do, they will definately be a part of my collection!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    Honestly speaking, I don't think it matters how much someone posts about how much they want or don't want something to happen, unless you work at mattel and have some major push. It's not a question of lying, but rather toy companies change direction all the time. Just look at Hasbro and their Q&A's. It's a feeling out process. Toy companies do not adhere to any strict rules and thinking so is setting yourself up for major disappointment.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

They're real. Mattel confirmed it on another board. I like 'em. They're going to go with my DC Direct superfriends figures.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I don't see why people are surprised. They already announced Samurai, Apache Chief, and Black Vulcan for JLU. Its only a matter of time before they end up at DCUC.

I don't have any problems with them except that they are bland racial stereotypes of superheroes. Wonder Twins was about the only half decent attempt at superheroes.

Heroic Warrior
    It doesn't work, Mattel lied, end of discussion.

And now I want Scooby Doo and David Cassidy.

they appeared in comics, I want them in DCUC.

It doesn't work, Mattel lied, end of discussion.
    Fine. They lied. And personally, I'm glad they did! I'm glad these figures are coming out. I'd rather Mattel lie and make these figures than not make them at all. If you don't want them, don't buy them.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not gonna buy them. I just hope they don't include any of this cartoon garbage in a C&C wave.

I'm pretty set in my ways, I'm quite upset with Mattel for deceiving the real DC Fans. Those of us who READ COMICS.

There are plenty of Cartoon lines these could've shown up in, without taking up valuable slots in a COMIC ONLY line.

If they're gonna start infecting it with Cartoon Characters, then I want the Harlem Globetrotters, Mama Cass, and the Robo Stooges.

since they interacted with Scooby Doo, and he interacted with Batman.

If they wanted to do Superfriends, then they should've started a Superfriends line.
    Last edited by capitalzero; February 10, 2009 at 06:17pm.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I'm pretty set in my ways, I'm quite upset with Mattel for deceiving the real DC Fans. Those of us who READ COMICS.

The only real DC fans are the ones who read comics? That's somewhat strained logic, isn't it...especially considering the tremendously low quality of much of what DC's put out in the comics lately. Just because you read whatever nonsense DC puts out doesn't make you a more "real" fan than anyone else.

You can complain all you want about cartoon characters, but Zan & Jayna are canonical DC characters, and have just as much validity as Harley Quinn does as characters, despite the infrequence of their appearances.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I'm not gonna buy them. I just hope they don't include any of this cartoon garbage in a C&C wave.

There are plenty of Cartoon lines these could've shown up in, without taking up valuable slots in a COMIC ONLY line.
    As others have pointed out, both Harley Quinn and Batman Beyond started out in cartoons. And Batman Beyond in particular was never really in comics (that I am aware of) with the exception of the Batman Beyond comics that were based straight off the cartoon (just like the Batman Adventures being based on the animated series). Harley did transition over to the regular comics, but still, she did originate in a cartoon.

I find it funny that you are complaing so much about the Wonder Twins because of their cartoon origins, but have no apparent beef with these other characters.

Obviously, your own arguement on this matter isn't very consistent. It seems as if the reality of the situation is that you don't necessarily have a problem with cartoon-based characters that you actually like or at least wouldn't mind having in your collection. But, the second any cartoon originated characters that you don't personally care for come into question, then suddenly you have something to complain about.

This seems to be the only logical explanation, since you never expressed any upsetness over Harley or Batman Beyond.

Besides, my guess would be that Mattel's original intention was to not include cartoon characters such as this, but there's probably since been a lot of requests and demand for them. Just because YOU don't like them, doesn't mean other people don't want them. And so, Mattel is listening to the fan base, and giving them what they want. Sorry if it goes against their original statement, but it doesn't make sense for them to 100% stick to that statement if it means upsetting and disappointing many fans who want these products. Mattel is not going to disapoint a bunch of people AND walk away from the money that they can make selling these figures just because it doesn't completely mesh with their original intention for the line, or because it happens to disapoint a handful of people along the way.

Just because YOU are set in YOUR ways, doesn't mean that the rest of the world should drop everything to adapt to your individual preferances.

If they're gonna start infecting it with Cartoon Characters, then I want the Harlem Globetrotters, Mama Cass, and the Robo Stooges.

since they interacted with Scooby Doo, and he interacted with Batman.

If they wanted to do Superfriends, then they should've started a Superfriends line.
    There's a huge difference there. Scooby-Doo and the Harlem Globe Trotters are not DC owned characters. They may have crossed over with DC characters at one point, but they are not actually a direct part of the DC Universe.

Regardless of their cartoon origins, the Wonder Twins are DC owned characters, and have also since appeared in comics. There's plenty of good reason why they should appear in the line.

Batman Beyond showed up in Countdown. He's on a separate earth in the multiverse. He also showed up in an issue of Superman/Batman with several versions of Batman.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I haven't read that many DC comics, so most of my knowledge of these characters is from the various cartoons/movies i've seen and bios i've read.

Doesn't make me any less of a fan of these characters than you.

And though I do like the cartoon style figures Mattel puts out (JLU) i'd rather buy a comic-style version of the Joker over an animated/movie style figure, simply because I like the DCU toys more.

Heroic Warrior
    Will they be the 1st wonder twins toys made? I tried to find some other but only customs. I will get them and I really don't buy the line not that I don't think they are great but collect too many things. I do pick up figures that I like. Don't get a chance to read comics for one no stores around me anymore to pick them and I wouldn'tknow where to start since I have not readed one for years
    HOOS HOOS HOOS HOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mattel is not afraid of doing obscure characters. They've hinted that they'll do some other obscure ones too, so who knows who'll you'll see in DCUC. I'm surprised Ultraman and Alex Luthor are getting made.

I personally want a few more mainstream guys like Martian Manhunter and a Poison Ivy.

Hoosfn: DC Direct did a Superfriends line a few years back and they had a set of Wonder Twins with Gleek. As far as I know, those where the only Wonder Twin toys ever produced.

There was proposed figures in the Super Power figures but the toys only got as far as the drawing table before the line died. It was kinda neat concept for the time. They were going to have snap on armor attachments. Jaina was going to have like a snap on animal form armor and Zan was going to have snap on ice armor attachments.