Page 64 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Heroic Warrior
    she already got a figure from DCD.

I know. I have it (and the Mego), but I'm focusing on DCUC from now on. DC Direct is okay, but lack the articulation. I don't think DCD is doing as well anymore. They don't seem to be putting out the volume they used to. But yeah, I have the DCD Isis... actually, I think I have all the Shazam figs too. I don't think I opened them though.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Is anyone finding DCUC at CVS or the Giant, Acme, PathMark, or Wegmans grocery stores? I haven't had any luck with those chains in my area, but I'd really like to have Adol's luck.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I know. I have it (and the Mego), but I'm focusing on DCUC from now on. DC Direct is okay, but lack the articulation. I don't think DCD is doing as well anymore. They don't seem to be putting out the volume they used to. But yeah, I have the DCD Isis... actually, I think I have all the Shazam figs too. I don't think I opened them though.
    i have the Shazam wave as well they look and feel much better then the DCU , the only bad thing is there not that well articulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    Is anyone finding DCUC at CVS or the Giant, Acme, PathMark, or Wegmans grocery stores? I haven't had any luck with those chains in my area, but I'd really like to have Adol's luck.
    The only grocery store I've found them at is Kroger. I'm not familiar with the ones you listed, but if they are affiliated with Kroger, they might have them. That was where I found my Wave 2 figs and I never saw them anywhere else, and recently I found unmasked Batman Beyond and Sonic Cyborg there, but passed on them.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    i have the Shazam wave as well they look and feel much better then the DCU , the only bad thing is there not that well articulated.
    I thought they should have looked more "classic" so I was disappointed by them. I felt like Captain Marvel should have had "squinty" eyes the way he was always drawn in the comics. (To look like actor Fred McMurray.) And I didn't think Mary really looked like she'd ever looked in the comics. I think the best Captain Marvel figure was the one based on Ed McGuinness' artwork.

I thought they should have looked more "classic" so I was disappointed by them. I felt like Captain Marvel should have had "squinty" eyes the way he was always drawn in the comics. (To look like actor Fred McMurray.) And I didn't think Mary really looked like she'd ever looked in the comics. I think the best Captain Marvel figure was the one based on Ed McGuinness' artwork.
    True but all of Ed McGuinness figures look the same , i hate the female figures there too buff

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    True but all of Ed McGuinness figures look the same , i hate the female figures there too buff
    I agree, that Wonder Woman was hideous! But I like his art style in general and liked most of the figures. Like I said, that's my favorite rendering of Capt Marvel and I also liked his Aquaman and John Stewart. Man it was nice when I could just buy whatever toys I wanted. With the economy the way it is, I've had to cut back severely, so I'm pretty much limiting myself to DCUC now. Good sculpts AND unbeatable articulation.

I agree, that Wonder Woman was hideous! But I like his art style in general and liked most of the figures. Like I said, that's my favorite rendering of Capt Marvel and I also liked his Aquaman and John Stewart. Man it was nice when I could just buy whatever toys I wanted. With the economy the way it is, I've had to cut back severely, so I'm pretty much limiting myself to DCUC now. Good sculpts AND unbeatable articulation.
    you and me both , i used to buy so many figures , sometimes i couldn't remember if i had both it b4 or not

Heroic Warrior
    Does that really count? I mean Heroclix don't move or anything. I'M guessing they plan on reusing the stickers in the future on characters that may have had a JLU or other figure made but not a 6" DCUC one.
    No idea. Heroclix is an entertainment product, and the figures are technically figures. So, perhaps from a legal viewpoint, they count. To collectors like us? Probably not so much.

I'd be down with a DCUC Isis, because she was hot. You need a better reason than that? Story? Bah! Skimpy clothes! Good enough!
    My buy/sell/trade/wanted/feedback info can be found here:
    http://www.transfotaku.com/wiki/inde...ell/Trade_Info

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not against Isis, but there are hundreds of characters I'd rather see before her.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    I'm not against Isis, but there are hundreds of characters I'd rather see before her.
    Me too, namely Mary Marvel, Desaad, Steppenwolf, Enlongated Man, and Fire.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

I pre-ordered my Wonder Twins off eBay. Has anyone ever done this? I've never been to a con so I don't know how all this works, but I have heard things about lotteries and rationing out the exclusives, so is there a chance my seller will not even be able to get them? I thought it seemed weird, but the price was pretty good, $55 plus $8 shipping, so I went ahead and just ordered it. But what if the seller isn't able to get them and just turns around and refunds me or whatever? I want my Twins! And Gleek! The seller had 100% positive feedback, so here's hoping!

Heroic Warrior
    I believe the lotteries are a thing of the past.

Well AFX just ruined a good thing. Waves 8 and 9 are split up into odd case ratios so you have to buy two +$100 sets (and several duplicates and figures you don't necessarily want) to get all the CnC parts. Plus there's no guarantee you'll get both classic and Super Powers versions of the New Gods characters even if you order both sets of each wave! What a way to screw the customer.

Heroic Warrior
    order a set from Diamond, then order the figures you didn't get in the set (as they're randomly packed) from Mike's, or Corner Store.

you're guaranteed one of each figure from the Diamond set (they're packed AS sets), but not necessarily the version you want. So for instance, if you want both Mantises, you buy the set, then order the one you DIDN'T get from Mike's or Corner Store.

am I making sense?

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    I wouldn't recommend ordering from conerstorecomics.com, though, with all the credit card fraud issues the past few months. After getting hit twice, I take my business to Enchanted Toy Chest. They tend to get their orders shipped out faster than CSC, anyway. They still have series 9 for preorder, and pt up wave 11, a set of 8, last week.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    order a set from Diamond, then order the figures you didn't get in the set (as they're randomly packed) from Mike's, or Corner Store.

you're guaranteed one of each figure from the Diamond set (they're packed AS sets), but not necessarily the version you want. So for instance, if you want both Mantises, you buy the set, then order the one you DIDN'T get from Mike's or Corner Store.

am I making sense?
    I think so, at least once Diamond offers waves 8 and 9. Their site doesn't list any DC products yet. I'll have to create an account there. Thanks!

Heroic Warrior
    Cool.

that'd be the easiest way. You're gonna pay a LITTLE more per figure, but you're guaranteed to get a set, so IMO it's a good trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    I wouldn't recommend ordering from conerstorecomics.com, though, with all the credit card fraud issues the past few months. After getting hit twice, I take my business to Enchanted Toy Chest. They tend to get their orders shipped out faster than CSC, anyway.
    Hey, when did your card get a csc-related fraud charge the second time? I think I had the same thing happen to me... I know I was a victim of the first round a few months back, and luckily my card company alerted me and I had that card cancelled and a new one sent out- but sure enough, a few weeks ago the exact same sketchy thing happened and ONCE AGAIN had to cancel my card and have yet another one sent out. Needless to say, I automatically suspected cornerstorecomics and sent them an email asking if perhaps their site had been compromised again, but never received a response. So, if it's true that you got screwed two different instances from them I definitely want to switch who I'm getting my DCUC stuff from!

i used to pick up my toys from Entertainment Earth because they were down the block from where i live , but lately they have been a little pain in the ass to deal with

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Hey, when did your card get a csc-related fraud charge the second time? I think I had the same thing happen to me... I know I was a victim of the first round a few months back, and luckily my card company alerted me and I had that card cancelled and a new one sent out- but sure enough, a few weeks ago the exact same sketchy thing happened and ONCE AGAIN had to cancel my card and have yet another one sent out. Needless to say, I automatically suspected cornerstorecomics and sent them an email asking if perhaps their site had been compromised again, but never received a response. So, if it's true that you got screwed two different instances from them I definitely want to switch who I'm getting my DCUC stuff from!
    I don't remember the exact date, but it was right after they ran my new card number to charge me for my Wave 8 set when it arrived. A few days later, I checked my balance like I do every day, and a few of those $1 itunes charges were there again. I cancelled the card immediately, then contacted CSC to let them know they could cancel my remaining orders, and I would not be doing business with them anymore.

It's been a big ongoing ordeal, and they have refused to even adress it for the past 6 weeks or so. Check this thread out more more info, and many more cases of people who had fraudulent charges: CSC thread on the Fwoosh.

Heroic Warrior
    just a reminder, the Alex Luthor/Ultraman pack is back up for sale at Matty.

personally, I kinda want it, but then, it's not a huge priority for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    I don't remember the exact date, but it was right after they ran my new card number to charge me for my Wave 8 set when it arrived. A few days later, I checked my balance like I do every day, and a few of those $1 itunes charges were there again. I cancelled the card immediately, then contacted CSC to let them know they could cancel my remaining orders, and I would not be doing business with them anymore.

It's been a big ongoing ordeal, and they have refused to even adress it for the past 6 weeks or so. Check this thread out more more info, and many more cases of people who had fraudulent charges: CSC thread on the Fwoosh.
    All I have to say is "WOW".
    I'm cancelling all my pre-orders with them and going elsewhere with my business. Sketchy stuff!

I am also in the boat about dropping CSC. I pre-ordered Waves 7 & 8 from them on the great word of mouth they had. Got my Wave 7, no problems. The card I used for Wave 8 got hit with a bunch of fraudulent charges, and they refuse to offer anything in return to their customers in the way of restitution/discounts/free shipping as a show of apology/good faith. And they're STILL getting hacked - buyer beware.....

I have ordered several figures from Impulse Creations with absolutely zero problems, low prices and fast shipping. The only problem with them is not being able to pre-order, so you just hope they have stuff in stock when you check.....
    Last edited by Skullface; July 2, 2009 at 12:36am.

Heroic Warrior
    hmm.

now it all kinda makes sense. My card was hijacked and racked up several charges. Now I know why.

sorry about suggesting CSC. I honestly didn't know, but now that everybody mentions it, it makes a lot of sense.