Page 65 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 5246

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Aw man, again??? That happened to me in April because of them, and it happened AGAIN? I am so glad I quit using them back in April.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    Someone also jacked my card (twice, even after cancelling the first one). Luckily, the person who jacked it the first time seemed to be pretty dumb. They ordered stuff to their house, and I got that info from one of the places they ordered from. So, when I filed out the fraud papers, the CC company got that info also and sent their investigations on them.
    My buy/sell/trade/wanted/feedback info can be found here:
    http://www.transfotaku.com/wiki/inde...ell/Trade_Info

For those interested in the Wonder Twins set:

I finally obtained 'Killer Moth' - ooky, cooky and also a bit MOTU-ish (I do get 'Buzz Off' vibes from him. And 'Kalibak's torso - my purchase of the last month, second only to MOTUC 'Hordak'.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Heroic Warrior
    Killer Moth is great, but do you have Gentleman Ghost yet?

both figures make me smile when I see 'em. who would've thought we'd get both of these characters in a mass market line?

That Wonder Twins box is great!
    I usually never keep toys MOC, but i'm tempted to buy a 2nd one just to keep that voice feature intact.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    That Wonder Twins box is great!
    I usually never keep toys MOC, but i'm tempted to buy a 2nd one just to keep that voice feature intact.
    I thought the same thing! Oh man, I can't wait! I kept thinking, "What's the front?" and then they opened it up. Also that inside illustration is SO my new desktop when I get it!

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/dcucpoll2.html

Toyfare is having another Fan Choice Poll to determine which figure to add to their 15th Wave (Fall 2010). Last time The Question won.

This time the choices are: Captain Marvel Jr, Libra, Raven, Geo-Force, Uncle Sam and "Jester-style" Toyman. I voted for Toyman, but as of now, Raven is winning.
    Last edited by Wonderboy_JMB; July 8, 2009 at 10:47pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wonder twins look fantastic!!! Too bad I won't be able to get Gleek with them. Thanks alot Mattel!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    The only grocery store I've found them at is Kroger. I'm not familiar with the ones you listed, but if they are affiliated with Kroger, they might have them. That was where I found my Wave 2 figs and I never saw them anywhere else, and recently I found unmasked Batman Beyond and Sonic Cyborg there, but passed on them.

i found my sinestro corps variant and maskless deathstroke at kroger. they were on sale/clearance for 5 bucks as well!!! lol

i am scared about the rumored 3 dollar price hike that we are prob gonna see for all figures. if that is the case i wont collect anymore. i will finish up my super friends, LOD and super powers collection and be gone.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Wonder twins look fantastic!!! Too bad I won't be able to get Gleek with them. Thanks alot Mattel!!
    i just herd its going to be $40 wow for 2 figures and no Gleek that blows

Just voted for Toyman in the Toyfare poll. I'm not surprised that Raven is winning, and I'd love to have her eventually, but I NEEDS to finish up the LOD.

How in the world is Captain Marvel Jr. in 2nd place?!?!?!?!?!?!

Heroic Warrior
    Because he rocks.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    It's a hard choice between Toyman and Raven, but I had to go with Toyman because more than anything from the DCUC/DCSH line I want a complete Legion of Doom (and we're only two characters away.) I figure they're both pretty likely eventually, so it's just a matter of which one I want first - but I do want them both at some point!

Libra would be pretty cool, 4-H style, but I have little/no interest in Geo-Force, Uncle Sam, or CM3. Geo-Force has never interested me as a character, I have a DCD Uncle Sam that's perfectly satisfactory for me, and I've never liked CM3.

Of course, this makes me wonder about the fates of the five also-rans in the first poll (Vixen, Huntress, Ragman, Catman, and Jack Knight)...I'd like to think they're going to be showing up at some point, especially as we're about to get five more also-rans.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    It's a hard choice between Toyman and Raven, but I had to go with Toyman because more than anything from the DCUC/DCSH line I want a complete Legion of Doom (and we're only two characters away.) I figure they're both pretty likely eventually, so it's just a matter of which one I want first - but I do want them both at some point!

Libra would be pretty cool, 4-H style, but I have little/no interest in Geo-Force, Uncle Sam, or CM3. Geo-Force has never interested me as a character, I have a DCD Uncle Sam that's perfectly satisfactory for me, and I've never liked CM3.

Of course, this makes me wonder about the fates of the five also-rans in the first poll (Vixen, Huntress, Ragman, Catman, and Jack Knight)...I'd like to think they're going to be showing up at some point, especially as we're about to get five more also-rans.
    My initial reaction to this poll was, "Can't I just go back and revote for Vixen again?" I was really shocked that she came in dead last behind Ragman of all people! I mean, she's in the current Justice League and was heavily featured on JLU! I can see her coming in behind The Question, but Ragman and Catman? That seemed almost insulting.

I also find that overall this year's choices are lackluster and agree with the ones you listed. Geo-Force? Uncle Sam? It's like, why not the Red Bee or Neon The Unknown while you're at it? Or Vibe? He's from the 80s like Geo, isn't he? They could make him as a variant with both his "awesome" costumes:

I definitely hope at least The Huntress and Vixen show up at some point and I think Junior has a shot because I'm sure whether he wins the poll or not, they'll eventually finish up the Marvel Family.

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    I made the decision the moment Gleek was announced as being only available at SDCC that I would not be buying the Wonder Twins set from matty. I'll try to pick up a set with Gleek on ebay right after the con, when it'll be flooded with them, but I have no interest in owning the set without Gleek, as he is the main point of interest to me.

That said, Mattel did a fantastic job with the packaging for this set. It looks to be completely collector-friendly, too, like Lobo was last year. It looks as if you can remove the figures completely from the trays once the slipcover is removed, and then replace them if you wish, with no problem. I don't think the elaborate packaging is worth paying an extra $15(if the rumored $40 price tag is true), but it is very cool.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I have to imagine, between the two polls, that Huntress, Vixen, Toyman and Raven will all show up eventually. The others - maybe as Matty exclusives, but I'm not so sure about how they'd do at retail.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Honestly, from poll 1, Huntress, Vixen & Catman all have a great shot at making it into a regular wave. Ragman & Starman, I could see them as a Matty exclusive "Fan's Choice Runners-Up" 2-pack.

This new batch also has a shot at making it to retail. Obviously, Raven will win, and between Marvel Jr. & Toyman, they will sell, easily. The 4H can make Libra look really cool, Uncle Sam will require minimal tooling of Gentleman Ghost, and I'm sure Geo-Force can be made with mostly existing parts as well. If they do it right, Toyman will probably require the most new tooling out of all 6 of them.....

Although personally, I'd prefer to see a Marvel Jr./Mary Marvel 2-pack.

***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote, Thanks***

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...18799815_0.jpg
    This arrived today from Big Bad Toystore. Nice to have a Legion of Doom style Brainiac no pants and all, and a classic, non-mullet rocking Superman!
    I'm hesitant to buy this set online since the paint on Brainiac's torso and arms doesn't match on some figures, and I want to be able to see a toy before I buy it in situations like that. Will it show up at retail, does anyone know, or will it only be offered online?
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    I'm hesitant to buy this set online since the paint on Brainiac's torso and arms doesn't match on some figures, and I want to be able to see a toy before I buy it in situations like that. Will it show up at retail, does anyone know, or will it only be offered online?
    People have reported that the color mismatch is hardly noticeable to the naked eye - it looks a LOT worse in pictures. The Supes/Brainiac & Clayface/Batman sets are supposed to be hitting Toys R Us sometime in August.

I got my Brainiac set from my comic shop who ordered from Entertainment Earth, and I see no difference in colors......

Thanks, Skullface!
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Slowly but surely I'm catching up. For wave 6 I just need Dr. Impossible, black costume Superman, and Hawkman. All I need to complete wave 7 are Big Barda, Booster Gold, and Blue Beetle. I'm still miffed about the wave 5 fiasco. Have you seen how much these guys go for on eBay? It's insane!
    I hate having an entire assortment missing from my collection, but I simply can't justify spending that much money to obtain the 5th wave. Looks like I have to go without.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Just voted for Toyman in the Toyfare poll. I'm not surprised that Raven is winning, and I'd love to have her eventually, but I NEEDS to finish up the LOD.

How in the world is Captain Marvel Jr. in 2nd place?!?!?!?!?!?!
    i need toyman as well since i want to finish my LOD and super powers collection. once i have those i am done....hopefully

anyone else see the rumors/reports of the 3 dollar price increase on DCUC? i think i may be getting out while the getting is good.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Unfortunately, the $3 price increase is not just a rumor; it's been confirmed. Some online retailers have already adjusted their prices. I got an email from the site where I ordered, and I had to confirm that I still wanted my Wave 11 set, as Wave 11 is when the price will increase.

I wonder how long the line will survive at retail with such a price. The line builds so heavily on recycled and repainted parts, yet it's getting more expensive? I wouldn't be surprised to see DCUC being turned into a mattycollector.com line sooner than later, and Mattel focusing on the 3 3/3" figures just like Hasbro did with their Marvel lines.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    anyone else see the rumors/reports of the 3 dollar price increase on DCUC? i think i may be getting out while the getting is good.
    As Drunken Fist said, it's sadly not a rumor. My buddy's comic shop was contacted recently by Mattel about placing their Wave 11 orders, and the prices are $3 higher per figure. For $15 each, I see a lot of people jumping ship. For a 25% markup, the QC better be absolutely flawless now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I wonder how long the line will survive at retail with such a price. The line builds so heavily on recycled and repainted parts, yet it's getting more expensive? I wouldn't be surprised to see DCUC being turned into a mattycollector.com line sooner than later, and Mattel focusing on the 3 3/3" figures just like Hasbro did with their Marvel lines.
    Honestly, unless Mattel really pulls out all the stops, the 3&3/4" Infinite Heroes will be done soon. With retailers clearanceing out IH product, I don't see it lasting. Especially when you have the choice between IH & DCUC. While DCUC figures will cost twice what Infinite Heroes are, the quality and detail are vastly superior. I say leave 3&3/4" to Hasbro. The only reason the MU figures are doing OK, is because that's really the ONLY Marvel comics product as mass retail that isn't Spider-Man or Wolverine Origins or Superhero Squad.