Page 72 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 5230

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    There are several other sites that have had the list for Wave 13 leaked by those in the know - not sure, but I assume this is coming from information given to online retailers?

Anyway, the list is:

Superboy
    Donna Troy
    Blue Beetle III
    Negative Man (with variant)
    Blue Devil
    Cyclotron (Super Powers version)
    Cheetah (50/50 Priscilla Rich/Barbara Minerva)

and Trigon is the C&C
    Oh MAN! Donna Troy?! I can't wait! This wave I am really happy with. Sure, I could live without Negative Man. And SP Cyclotron? That's a shock. I kinda lumped him in with the Golden Pharaoh as someone Mattel probably couldn't make due to rights. I guess the fact that DC does have a character called Cyclotron is the loophole. I'm assuming Superboy is Conner. This is a wave I am really looking forward too. I kinda wish Donna Troy had a variant in her red Wonder Girl costume, though.

EDIT: I picked up Toyfare today and got my first really good look at these upcoming figures. Few reactions.

Wave 11:
    John Stewart, Katma Tui, Killowog: Nice. Hard to mess up such simple designs. I LOVE Killowog!

The Question: I don't like the looks of that overcoat. This screams ZERO pose-ability!

Deadman: Last I checked, Deadman was a disembodied spirit, not a zombie!

Wave 12:

Copperhead: This is one of those fairly obscure characters who has a really distinct look and stands apart from others. He could go either way and ended up leaving me a bit underwhelmed. I think the fangs on his hood should be longer. I think he should be slimmer and instead of the clenched fists, should have more claw-like extended fingers.

Darkseid and DeSaad: Just perfect. I will be getting both, not sure HOW I'll get Darkseid. I've seen C+C pieces on eBay, but I'm not sure how cost-effective that would be, factoring in shipping, unless I buy from one seller.

Mary Batson (Marvel): Wow! She turned out amazingly! She probably has the best facial sculpt I have ever seen on a female action figure! It just has so much personality and emotion. I know the actual finished product won't look as good, but hopefully it won't be too far off. I also love that she body proportions are perfect for a teen girl, not overly curvaceous or exaggerated.

Eclipso: Ugh. Horrible! Not only is his face completely goofy, I don't think he even looks like any version of Eclipso I've ever seen.

Iron: This figure is kind of half-and-half for me. Fantastic face sculpt, I like how they rendered the metal. It really does look like Iron! But, I don't like the looks of that "skirt." See my comment about The Question above.

Dr. Mid-Nite: I'll buy him, but the face sculpt looks kinda puffy, like he just got back from a coke binge.
    Last edited by Wonderboy_JMB; September 12, 2009 at 03:49pm. Reason: Adding Info

There are several other sites that have had the list for Wave 13 leaked by those in the know - not sure, but I assume this is coming from information given to online retailers?

Anyway, the list is:

Superboy
    Donna Troy
    Blue Beetle III
    Negative Man (with variant)
    Blue Devil

and Trigon is the C&C

SUPERBOY! YES! another to add to the collection. I wonder if he'll be wearing his Return of Superman outfit or his current T-shirt and jeans?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

even though the line up has been known fro wave 12 for awhile it is still amazing to see them.

how big is the new darkseid anyway?

DESAAD!!!!!! wow...besides the parademon this may be the best figure my 80s sugar coated kid's brain could fathom!

Anyway, the list is:

Superboy
    that is pretty much all i want from that wave. i will trade/sell away the rest.

superboy to complete the reigh of supermen.

cyclotron since he is a superpowers figure

cheetah since she is in the LOD....only toyman left.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Well, I just got word that Big Bad will not be able to fill my order for Wave 9, so life sucks!

It's a website. The second two words are My Life. You have to guess the first, because I can't spell it out here.

This is the letter I got from BBTS:
    Hi - we unfortunately have received bad news from Mattel on the DC Universe Series 9 assortment. They have informed us that they grossly under-produced this wave and that only about 25% of our order will be filled. Many other stores also apparently have suffered the same huge shortage, and the product is short across the entire market. We were extremely upset with Mattel for this news and have relayed to them how upset our customers will be as well.

At this point, we unfortunately do not expect any more shipments from Mattel. For those of you who ordered between February 13th and 14th, it is possible that your orders will fill due to cancellations and non-payment of orders from people who ordered before you (their cancelled orders will move to the next people in line automatically). If you ordered after these dates, it is very unlikely we will have any inventory, and we suggest that you purchase these figures anywhere else you may be able to find them. (You can view the date you ordered your product by logging into your BBTS account and viewing your preorders) We have heard reports they are showing up at mass market stores, and some should also be on ebay. We absolutely hate not being able to fill your order, but Mattel has really screwed up this wave and there is not anything we can do about it.

We are hoping that some sort of future production run of DCU 09 can be negotiated, but at this point there is nothing worked out. We will keep your preorders open in our system until we can determine if Mattel will produce more in the future or not. We will email you with any further news as we hear it from Mattel, hopefully something will be resolved.

The sales manager at Mattel did assure me that DCU waves 11, 12, and 13 would not suffer from the same issues, so we do not anticipate any shortages on those waves

Sincerely
    Joel Boblit
    President
    www.bigbadtoystore.com

This wave is nowhere to be found where I live and I go to Target at least once a week. I'm furious! Livid! I had to settle for buying just Green Arrow and Black Canary from a vendor on Amazon for like $25 each. I'm not going to bother with the rest, except maybe SP Mantis, but I couldn't find one yesterday and since I was already spending $50 on two action figures (versus less than $100 for the entire wave), I will wait a bit on that one. SO!! ANGRY!!!

And all I wanted was a black Wildcat. DAMN. Isn't Mattel supposed to be selling this wave off of their website? I wonder if they hogged all the inventory that was supposed to go to the online retailers for their site - that way they create an artificial demand for their product, and they get to show the accounting department and shareholders that the line is doing amazing sales off Matty Collector.com, and that's why they should keep selling stuff through them. Which is fine for Matty Collector, but sucks for the online retailers, who are a more reliable way of buying Mattel's product compared to the brick and mortar retailers.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Well, let's see what updates Mattycollector has for us tomorrow.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Well that sucks about Wave 9. Now I probably won't be able to complete Chemo. How could Mattel under-produce a wave after all this time?
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Sorry for all of you guys that have missed out on the Chemo wave so far. I lucked out an found them all..although I still would like a human Mantis figure I'm just happy to have a compleet Chemo...but after looking at mine it seems one of his legs is put together wrong.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

I got mine online and I'm glad I did. It seems now and days if you are lucky to find these figures at a store you might as well buy the entire wave because you might not ever see them again. I miss the good old days when there would be one rare figure to find. Now the entire waves are rare. What the heck?

I'm really nervous about the Wal-mart wave that's about to come out.

Collecting this line has been headache after headache. This is a very aptly named thread.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

To make matters worse for completists, there are 2 versions of the Chemo upper torso out there.

1 super bubbly, and 1 not so much:

Well, this is embarrassing. After all my ranting, I got a letter from Big Bad saying they had received my merch and were shipping it. I guess I was one of those lucky souls who placed their order between the 13th-14th and lucked out because some person either canceled or couldn't pay for their order. Don't I feel like a first rate tool!

Nicer Wave 12 pics:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...wave-12-images

That expression on Copperhead's face continues to crack me up!

I hope I don't get some bad news from Urban Collector soon. It's been a long time, but I preordered the wave somewhat recently (at a high price I might add). Mattel really blew this. Can they reproduce the wave, or is this it for ever until they put the characters out individually (thus, no Chemo)?

Also, I cannot believe this, I've bought three Black Mantas and every *#&$ing one of them has the squishy hip syndrome. I tried the freezer "trick" and the first one's leg came right off. I now think this figure doesn't exist with unstuck hips. I hope they reissue him with a stand soon.

I had that problem with Manta too. Took a lot of time & patience to get his joints moving properly, I think he was probably the most problematic figure I've encountered thus far.

I just found the Gotham 5 Pack at Wal-Mart this morning. Glad I did. I was about to buy the loose version of the Superman and Batman from the set off Ebay. oh it was at the Wal-Mart in Carnegie/Heidelberg, PA
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Also, I cannot believe this, I've bought three Black Mantas and every *#&$ing one of them has the squishy hip syndrome. I tried the freezer "trick" and the first one's leg came right off. I now think this figure doesn't exist with unstuck hips. I hope they reissue him with a stand soon.
    My Black Manta was perfect. It's the four Batmen Beyond I bought that had the aformentioned problem ... including the freezer and broken leg scenario.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    is anyone having any problems with the Build a figure figures ? on mine the legs keep coming off

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I got my Gentleman Ghost today and I have to say he's pretty cool. He's got the translucent thing on the edge of his cape and the lower parts of his legs, so that gives me some idea as to what Scareglow's cape will be like.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    This ain't good... This is from Facebook last night.

What is going on with canceled Wave 9 orders?
    Yesterday at 7:12pm

Hey DCU fans,

A lot of fans have written in about some canceled DCU Classic orders for Wave 9.

Mattel always does its best to fulfill product on shelves and we’re currently working on shipping as much of Wave 9 as possible. We will work with all of our customers to fulfully as many orders as possible. It is also possible we will go back into production of Wave 9 down the line due to greater demand. But nothing is set in stone yet. Still working on this.

In the future, we will be working even more in advance with retailers and online e-tailers to get orders in early for DCUC to ensure all orders can be filled.

Doing all we can do on this - you have my word!

And to clarify, we will not be selling Wave 9 on Mattycollector.com. Although we reviewed this option a few months back, because online and brick and mortar retailers needed Wave 9 product, we released what we had hoped to sell on Mattycollector to these customers. We're hoping that by Wave 11 we can indeed offer DCUC on Mattycollector.com and fill all customer orders too. We'll have more details if they are available and if this goes forward. Again, nothing set in stone right now.

Matty
    There goes that custom Black Canary...

I have no hope of ever finding a black Wildcat.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I have no hope of ever finding a black Wildcat.
    I need a Black Wildcat and a human Mantis.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    You'll notice Mattel never says anything about WHY they screw up. They just do.

How you fail to produce sufficient products for PRE-ORDERS is beyond me, but this is Mattel, after all, so nothing surprises me.

I'll say this much for them, though - they do keep finding new and inventive ways to mess up - so much so, that many of us don't even anticipate the screw-ups happening!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    is anyone having any problems with the Build a figure figures ? on mine the legs keep coming off
    The only one I had a problem with was Metamorpho. I ended up gluing his legs into the sockets, now they stay on and still rotate.