Page 73 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Just saw the Matty Facebook update on the release schedule. Nice to know that they're getting the Super Friends Hawkman & Robin out there, and in time for Christmas. My son would probably be a little disappointed with just the Cyborg I managed to track down for him, and I never found Hawkman when he was at retail. I do want to see the new "brown deco" he supposedly will be sporting - might have to hunt the original down on ebay if it looks bad, or if he doesn't come with the mace that led to his rarity in the first place.

Thanks, over-protective parent groups.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

i just need SP mantis and green arrow.

it is kinda sad that they shorted the production. my bet is they had some sort of production problem with the wave. we can already see that they had problems with the Chemo torso piece.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heard from a local collector that there's a new case pack for DCUC 9 that he found at TRU today. Get this:

3 Green Arrow
    3 Black Canary
    2 Wildcat
    2 Mantis
    0 Deadshot
    0 Black Adam
    0 Guardian

Great that the 2 A-listers will hopefully be more available, but I feel bad for anyone who needs Deadshot, Black Adam or Guardian. I hope it doesn't turn into the Smash Blade situation all over again.......

Get out those torches & pitchforks, because the Wal-Mart wave has been found in Ohio. Read about it on Fwoosh. Joker, Power Girl & Batman are the double packs - everyone else is 1 per case. No shipper trays or pallet displays, just regular cases.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    To make matters worse for completists, there are 2 versions of the Chemo upper torso out there.

1 super bubbly, and 1 not so much:
    In addition to that, CoolToyReview has pics of another production error; this time the Wildcat variant's Chemo piece is missing the waist section (where the legs attach to).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Heard from a local collector that there's a new case pack for DCUC 9 that he found at TRU today. Get this:

3 Green Arrow
    3 Black Canary
    2 Wildcat
    2 Mantis
    0 Deadshot
    0 Black Adam
    0 Guardian

Great that the 2 A-listers will hopefully be more available, but I feel bad for anyone who needs Deadshot, Black Adam or Guardian. I hope it doesn't turn into the Smash Blade situation all over again.......

Get out those torches & pitchforks, because the Wal-Mart wave has been found in Ohio. Read about it on Fwoosh. Joker, Power Girl & Batman are the double packs - everyone else is 1 per case. No shipper trays or pallet displays, just regular cases.....
    I hope that this is the case the A Listers NEED the front Row.

Guardian and Black Adam are "meh" (only because I am not a Super Comic Geek) but for those who want them I think they will be easy to find.

I know of 2 Assortments K and J (for this wave) a 3rd one can't hurt

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    In addition to that, CoolToyReview has pics of another production error; this time the Wildcat variant's Chemo piece is missing the waist section (where the legs attach to).
    Rocket puch..

I think that the Waist peice comes with black canary?

Since I have none of these figures in hand.. other than chemo himself..

I can't verify..

here are some photos..

Please tell those of us who don't know what is what? THX

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...BKsDkLzhmw.jpg (Chemo In peices)

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...hemoBottom.jpg (Chemo WildCat Peice)

Credit for the pic on the bottom goes to actionfigurepics.com

the top one belongs to an ebay seller..

So, my questions is, is it that little ring hole thing? is that the production problem?

does it affect Chemo's stability?

I know about the bubble thing, but I wonder which one is gonna be the 'more produced version ' and if the "Gassy" Chemo is the 2nd attempt at fixing the problem.. or maybe it was putting in the bean-o (for less bubbles) that is the later run lol

Just trying to figure this out as I have all of wave 9 coming from like 3 different people...
    Last edited by Amberbratt; September 19, 2009 at 12:52pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Here's where I found the info - http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Mattel_...WildcatVar.asp

I'm just going on pics here too, I don't have the figs. But it looks like both versions of Chemo's upper body are incomplete: one is missing the inner bubbles, while the other Chemo piece has the bubbles, but is missing the connector ring for Black Canary's waist part. I can't tell if that ring is vital to assemble him or not (but it probably is).
    Last edited by RocketPunch; September 20, 2009 at 06:32am.

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Yeah, if the connector ring is missing, he won't stay together. My Chemo comes apart at the waist without too much pressure, so I can only imagine how easily he would come apart without the ring.

I have the less bubbly version, but it doesn't bother me. If I decide I want more bubbles, I'll put some clear marbles inside his torso.

Got the WalMart five pack last week. Luthor looks awesome. I don't expect to find any of the current waves for at least a few more weeks.
    Some of my artwork
    Some more of my artwork
    "When the troll's upon you, you're a mighty fighter."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Wave 10 is officially out, with sightings in Ohio, California and Texas. Plus, they are starting to hit "The Site That Shall Not Be Named".

Let the Wal-Mart bashing commence! Happy hunting!

GAAAAAAAAHHHHH! My head is gonna explode!
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Not to worry, we have vendors that are doing our show that specialize in the DC Super Hero lines and get them from the factory. If you can make it to Delaware, you'll see what I mean

Check my sig for show details. BTW it is in 2 weeks my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    It seems that, despite the neighboring distribution center (Delaware) being the first area in the country to get in Mattel's DC Super Heroes wave 3 (according to action-figure.com), wave 3 never got shipped to the Philadelphia area. Wave 4 is here - I have Lex Luthor, found Brainiac multiple times, and am currently tracking down a Darkseid. How the heck did wave 3 completely skip this area?

Anyone else having problems finding wave 3 or any of the other waves? This line, while incredible, is always very frustrating because all the pegs are usually swamped with Scarecrows instead of the other characters. And wave 1 came out almost a year ago!

So says the Sword.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    ***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote, Thanks***

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww184/Computron34/IMG00120.jpg

Wave 10 is officially out, with sightings in Ohio, California and Texas. Plus, they are starting to hit "The Site That Shall Not Be Named".

$12.97 you must be kidding , my Walmart Hear in Los angeles, Califonia is $14.99

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    $12.97 you must be kidding , my Walmart Hear in Los angeles, Califonia is $14.99

omg i need these if anyone can get them...

I will buy u stuff from matty!

I need 1 full set in nice packaging and also.. 1 xtra Beast boy, joker, and Man Bat... (those packagings dont matter

I just hope I am able to find both Joker and Power Girl.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote, Thanks***

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/w...4/IMG00120.jpg
    http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/w...4/IMG00118.jpg

Sigh! Haven't arrived at my 2 local Walmarts. I did find the Gotham 5-Pack. My train of thought went verbatim like this "$54?! I can't pay that just to get one Lex Luthor figure. But they're selling for like $30 on eBay. Well... I don't have Two Face (because I don't care about him) or Catwoman (garish lavender suit, though). So, really, just Superman and Batman would be extraneous. Actually, y'know what? I could put this Batman on my Batman shelf and move the one that's currently there over to my Super Friends/Justice League shelves, so okay, I'll go ahead and get this." Nicely justified, methinks.

Aaaaaaand, my Chemo wave just arrived too! The Toy Gods are smiling upon me today! I got the Super Powers Mantis, which is the one I wanted. My Wildcat is the black version. I don't get why they made this a variant. Black? Blue? I kinda don't care either way. (Unlike with Batman, where I prefer blue.) The Guardian is the clunker of the wave, as most people figured. Just a boring-looking character, with a tiny profile... and tinier shield. REALLY small. That was kind of the one thing that might've saved the figure, but newp. Reading the back of his card, they mention him leading the Newsboy Legion and I was filled with dread at the thought that Mattel might try producing them as part of this line. Dear Mattel, DON'T!!! I'm off to open the rest and put together my Chemo!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I just hope I am able to find both Joker and Power Girl.
    Power Girl has been heavily rumored to be in upcoming A-lister refresh cases, along with the Superman & Batman from the 5-pack, Green Arrow, Nightwing, and a few others, so hopefully you won't have too much trouble with her. Joker, I assume, will get refreshed WAY down the road, once the exclusivity window has lapsed.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    My Wildcat is the black version. I don't get why they made this a variant. Black? Blue? I kinda don't care either way. (Unlike with Batman, where I prefer blue.)
    Most likely it was just because he has worn both colors in the comics, and a repaint is an easy variant to make.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Man!!!! I have got to get my hands on the Joker. Any orgers out there that can help me out please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    Man!!!! I have got to get my hands on the Joker. Any orgers out there that can help me out please let me know.
    I wouldn't jump the gun at this point. They're just now starting to arrive, so they'll probably make their way to you soon enough. I think I've talked myself into only wanting The Joker, Powergirl, Robotman and Beast Boy. Robotman just looks too sweet in the photos and while I hate Beast Boy's fangs and pointy ears, I don't want to not get him and have a hole in my Titans lineup.

As for the Gotham 5-Pack and Chemo Wave, I have opened them all and added them to my displays. I must say, the one I most wanted, Black Canary, ended up being the most disappointing. Hate the black paint wash in her hair. Her hands seem freakishly small. (Like Kristen Wiig's in the SNL Lawrence Welk Show skit.) The real fishnets look kind of sloppy and junky. And she is very limited in pose-ability. Someone else mentioned the lack of leg articulation. Also, due to her long hair, her head and torso mobility is also very limited. (Like some other figures in this line, she kind of looks like she's slouching and there's no way to adjust that.) Really too bad. I love the character and consider this her most iconic costume, but they really managed to cheap out and disappoint me.

Green Arrow is overall, pretty great, but he comes with four arrows, yet the arrow on his bow is attached, so you can't swap it out for one of the others, and his quiver is molded solid, so you can't put them in that either. So basically, the four trick arrows are useless.

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    It's very difficult getting excited about this line anymore because I know how costly and much a pain in the @$$ it will be to track down the figures I want. Only 1 Wal-mart for sure will carry the Wave 10, but they have no idea when they will get it. From experience it will be a lot of trouble for 2 cases that will be cherry picked by the time I get there since that wal-mart is 30 minutes away in the next town. So if any orger wants to help me out, I'd like the wave 10 and the Gift pack if possible. My area stinks as it's right in between LA and San Diego.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

Quote Originally Posted by thexxwatcherxx View Post
    It's very difficult getting excited about this line anymore because I know how costly and much a pain in the @$$ it will be to track down the figures I want.
    this is the same way I'm feeling about this line. I thought it was going to be cook when Mattel was going to sell them singlely on their website, but now it looks like that's going to change. LAME.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

i have to say my excitement over this line has dwindled. I get psyched each time I see new photos online, but I know that the reality of collecting this line is that... well, it's unrealistic. I don't have the time to drive to 20 different TRU, Target, and Wal-Mart stores to see the same figures from four waves ago clogging the pegs. I can't rely on my once-favorite online store, cornerstorecomics, due to their sketchy hacking issues resulting in two of my cards being cancelled on me. And if Matty can't get Wave 9 (the wave with the least amount of figures produced!) into their online store... and I can't afford ebay mark-ups or have the time to trade with fellow boardmembers... well, then I guess I'm pretty much out of the game from here on out.
    If I happen across a figure I need while I'm out, that's one thing (and likely not to happen where I live), but I'm not going out of my way anymore. Mattel has really messed this line up and taken the fun out of it for me.
    Not to mention the increase in price. All of that totalled together? Not working in Mattel's favor... LOL.

If you still have interest in collecting this line, I would suggest preordering from Enchanted Toy Chest. Scott has great customer service and he frequently posts updates at the Fwoosh under username scroft391. ETC will be filling most of their preorders for wave 9 while stores like CSC and BBTS had to cancel many of theirs.

The prices for DCUC have gone up, distribution is very spotty, and the Walmart exclusive wave won't be fun to track down. Other than that, the line is great in my opinion and I will continue to collect it. Mattel has said that waves 11-13 shouldn't suffer the same shortages that 8 and 9 have, so I'm hopeful. Don't put off preordering though, because it will save you time and gas driving all over looking for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    If you still have interest in collecting this line, I would suggest preordering from Enchanted Toy Chest. Scott has great customer service and he frequently posts updates at the Fwoosh under username scroft391. ETC will be filling most of their preorders for wave 9 while stores like CSC and BBTS had to cancel many of theirs.

The prices for DCUC have gone up, distribution is very spotty, and the Walmart exclusive wave won't be fun to track down. Other than that, the line is great in my opinion and I will continue to collect it. Mattel has said that waves 11-13 shouldn't suffer the same shortages that 8 and 9 have, so I'm hopeful. Don't put off preordering though, because it will save you time and gas driving all over looking for them.
    While I don't deny Mattel screwed up with the underproduction of Waves 8&9, I've been hearing that the reason for this Wave 6/7 glut was due to the fact that they produced KB's Wave 6&7 orders before they went under, and the figures got sent out to other retailers after KB died. (As is evident by the Sonic Arm Cyborgs & unmasked Batman Beyonds) Not making any excuses for them, but it does, in part, sound plausible...

They still need to do like Hasbro and get reps out to the stores to swap out old product for newer, but I guess when you screw up and under produce new waves, that's not an option. (Which also ruins any potential chance for reps putting fresh cases out when there's only 1 or 2 figures on the pegs-but they could at least talk to store managers and find out if there is product available to order from DCs)

Anybody else feel that the most probable factors for the under production is a combined result of the leftover 6&7 stock resulted in fewer orders from retailers sitting on older cases, and the fact that Mattel can never seem to space waves out evenly over the year? Seriously, Wave 6 hit in late December, and Wave 7 in late February, followed by nothing until August, whereby now they're trying to get Waves 8-11 + Public Enemies out in a 5 month span? The same thing happened last year, when Wave 2 was initially found in February, and then Waves 3&4 both hit within 3 weeks of each other in August, plus the Wal-Mart wave, Wave 2 refresh, and Wave 6 all surfacing in another 5 month span....... A factory can only produce so much so quickly, and when they have to switch out all the molds, etc. every 4 weeks, there's no way they can make as much as the "pegwarming" waves that had 2-3 months of production....
    Last edited by Skullface; September 22, 2009 at 02:51pm.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    That sounds very plausable to me, Skullface.

I keep checking the stores in my area hoping to find the wave 9 figures (The black version of Wildcat, Black Canary, Green Arrow, and Black Adam are the ones that I am looking for) and I mostly keep finding waves 6 and 7 just hanging around. And I've already got the figures that I want from those waves.

So, I do think that what you are saying here is probably a big part of the problem, because I have seen the Sonic Arm Cyborgs on the shelves quite a bit lately. I just hope Mattel can get this straightened out somehow.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I think it's a little premature to think of the current DCUC as a Smash Blade situation - at least by me, stuff moves a bit - yes, there are Cyborgs sitting around, but even Captain Cold moves eventually. (As opposed to Smash Blade He-Man, which still haunts my nightmares.)

I order through ETC with a friend of mine, and the customer service is excellent. I'm hoping to have Wave 9 by the end of next week.

Wave 10, though, is another problem entirely...
    "That's very interesting...but silly."