Page 74 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I just clicked the link, and ETC has no wave 8 or 9. His preorders for waves 11 and 12 are very fairly priced, though.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    I just clicked the link, and ETC has no wave 8 or 9. His preorders for waves 11 and 12 are very fairly priced, though.
    ETC's said in a thread over on Fwoosh that he's not going to be getting any more Wave 8 in - as for Wave 9, it looks like he's barely going to be able to fill his preorders, since Mattel under-produced the waves.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I'm kind of at a loss as to how they "underproduced" the wave. I mean... why can't they just make more? It's not like they destroyed the molds and burned down the factories. That just seems odd to me.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I'm kind of at a loss as to how they "underproduced" the wave. I mean... why can't they just make more? It's not like they destroyed the molds and burned down the factories. That just seems odd to me.
    because they need a certain amount of figures they need to order so they can get there regular pricing ,so i dont think there going to redu this wave

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    because they need a certain amount of figures they need to order so they can get there regular pricing ,so i dont think there going to redu this wave
    yup. this is pretty much the case.

however, you'd think with all the press of them becoming scarce it would drive up enough demand to rerelease the figs.

hopefully they can be released in other ways
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

It seems quite a few Target and TRU stores are getting wave 9, so if you still need them you may want to check there.

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    I am so glad I started preordering sets online back with wave 3. With the spotty distribution of Wave 2, I saw the writing on the wall even then. If I had relied on retail, wave 4 is the last complete set I would have. Waves 5, 6, 8, and 9 never showed up at any store in this city, and we only got one case assortment of Wave 7. Thank Grodd I was one of the lucky few who actually received their wave 9 preorder. Just need to snag a comic Mantis (my preferred version) and I'm set.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    Thank Grodd I was one of the lucky few who actually received their wave 9 preorder.
    Thank Grodd.....heh

Heroic Warrior
    Well I lucked out this weekend. I decided to head way south of where I live and I struck gold. One TRU had 2 Canarys and a robot Mantis, another TRU had Human Mantis and both wild Cats. Now I only need Green Arrow from wave 9. I still need a few from wave 8 as well. I think from now on I'm going to stop at one of those TRUs on a weekly basis.

jiM
    Great traders: The_Seanestro, Dark Sorceress, Malakai9999, class316, The New Old He-Man,
    bone982, jah757s, JeMaBo2, Heh-man, etmartin, sdilks
    Bad Trader: Box of Keldor Heads

I found the purplish Wildcat tonight, but really want the black one. If anyone wants to trade, please PM me!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I found the purplish Wildcat tonight, but really want the black one. If anyone wants to trade, please PM me!
    I'll keep an eye out - already have the black one for myself, just need the one you found!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

So it looks like Wave 10 is hitting the stores. I'm seeing the Joker on ebay going for upwards of $60 right now. The cheapest I see him on there for is $32.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    So it looks like Wave 10 is hitting the stores. I'm seeing the Joker on ebay going for upwards of $60 right now. The cheapest I see him on there for is $32.
    I'd give it some time yet - they've only been out for about a week, so far. I'm sure this wave is going to be a pain in the neck, but probably not a $30+ per figure pain.

Assuming that it has the same level of distribution as Wave 5, I'm not too panicked yet - I was able to get all 5 figures in Wave 5 shipped for about $80, total. I guess that worked out to about $15 per figure, figuring on $10 for shipping?

I think worse-case we'll be looking at $20 per figure ebay prices eventually - possibly better than that.

(All this is said in the tone of purest optimism.)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

According to other forums I browse, Wave 10 is starting to hit a lot more areas yesterday & today alone! Guess those rumors about them showing up "in force" the week of 10/1 was right on.....

Still bet I won't find them though......
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    According to other forums I browse, Wave 10 is starting to hit a lot more areas yesterday & today alone! Guess those rumors about them showing up "in force" the week of 10/1 was right on.....

Still bet I won't find them though......
    I'm with you Skullface. I'm seeing places like PA, MS, TX, reporting in saying they are seeing the figures. Yet, I live in MD and I just have a gut feeling we will not see this wave. I have been on the watch pretty diligently at 3 Walmarts local to me, while I have another buddy checking a few others around him. Seriously, these figures should not be this much work

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    Thank Grodd.
    Zod.

Does anybody else think that the 6" Public Enemies wave looks horribly out of place?
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    Does anybody else think that the 6" Public Enemies wave looks horribly out of place?
    I'm not a fan of the Public enemy figures, particuarly Silver Banshee. I'm hoping that's not the only chance we will get to see her made, because I'm really disappointed her her head sculpt. She was a figure I was looking forward to seeing in the Classics style.

I'm worried about that too. I think this ugly figure will probably push back a proper DCUC Silver Banshee by at least a year. I hope that's all.

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    I'm planning to get the Public Enemies figures because I actually want about half of them, and I want Brimstone enough to pick up the others. Planning to do some mods to Batman to make him "definitive," or as close to that as I can get right now. MAjor Force looks fine as is. Icicle will be getting some mods to that head, so he looks less like a friggin' bird. I didn't like the headsculpt on Banshee at first, but it's grown on me. Her face looks like a shaman's mask or something; I like it now, even though it's not really how she's supposed to look. Superman and Black Lightning will likely end up as fodder.

I finally found the rest of Wave 9 today with the exception of the purple Wildcat. I still haven't seen any more Wave 8. Now I have to start looking for Wave 10.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    Hell, yes! I'm not getting them because of that. Poor Silver Banshee...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Hell, yes! I'm not getting them because of that. Poor Silver Banshee...
    In my mind, this is what Silver Banshee should resemble...

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Long shot I know, but I really need a Gentleman Ghost!

EDIT: AND the Giganta parts that come with him, I should add.
    Last edited by Lay Ze-Man; October 1, 2009 at 07:38pm.

after a long drought I have been able to pick up a Wonder Woman, Black Adam, and Blue Beetle.
    My walmart has most of the figures from those waves. I haven't seen Black Canary. My current plans are to just pick up certain sets of figures, Green Lantern, Marvel Family, and what I can of the Batman Family. Green Arrow and Black Canary are maybes.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it