Page 76 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 5266

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Anyone need Deadshot or Guardian? I bought mine off of Urban Collector and instead of Super Powers Mantis, I got two extras of these guys (*@#$ing !*&^%!). I sure hope I see the WalMart wave for Christmas. They're impossible on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    I'm with you Skullface. I'm seeing places like PA, MS, TX, reporting in saying they are seeing the figures. Yet, I live in MD and I just have a gut feeling we will not see this wave. I have been on the watch pretty diligently at 3 Walmarts local to me, while I have another buddy checking a few others around him. Seriously, these figures should not be this much work
    Nothing in MD so far. I took a drive to PA and out of the 3 Walmart I hit only one had some of wave 10. Found Batman, Manbat, and Robotman.

Sean79

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean79 View Post
    Nothing in MD so far. I took a drive to PA and out of the 3 Walmart I hit only one had some of wave 10. Found Batman, Manbat, and Robotman.

Sean79
    Which Walmart in PA? None of the Walmarts in my area have the wave yet.

I'm finding some wierd restocks at Targets and Walmarts that used to be completely cleaned out. They now have pegs full of waves 4, 6, and 7 figures. For example, a Target restocked with 1 Wonder Woman, 2 Cyborgs, 2 Boosters, 4 Aquamen, 1 Dr. Impossible, and 2 Captain Colds. Is anyone else finding this restock of old product? It seems like Mattel is trying to get rid of its surplus, which is just burying me in old figures that won't clear the shelves in time for the rest of the new product this year.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    HA!!! I have a great story for you guys. I called Wal-mart corporate and they put in a request with the Perris Wal-mart to contact me over these figures to see if they could help me locate them. I think they contacted them twice. They never got back to me. Meanwhile I have kept in close contact w/the person in toys as I call everyday. Turns out the one day I don't call they come in and are now all sold out except for 1 forager. Needles to say I called corporte again after what happened!
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Not a big surprise, but Mattel just confirmed Raven won the second fan's choice poll and will be appearing in Wave 15 next year.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Mattel needs at add a disclaimer. Yes Raven won our Fan's choie poll and will be in Wave 15 if you can find it that is....

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post

I'm finding some wierd restocks at Targets and Walmarts that used to be completely cleaned out. They now have pegs full of waves 4, 6, and 7 figures. For example, a Target restocked with 1 Wonder Woman, 2 Cyborgs, 2 Boosters, 4 Aquamen, 1 Dr. Impossible, and 2 Captain Colds. Is anyone else finding this restock of old product? It seems like Mattel is trying to get rid of its surplus, which is just burying me in old figures that won't clear the shelves in time for the rest of the new product this year.
    It's the same thing here 2 of the tagets have old waves again

for me personally since I never saw this figures locally to begin with, I am fine with it but I could see it being annoying to those who are well beyond that point.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

OK, I just bit the bullet and Bought Batman, Joker, Manbat and Powergirl on ebay for $143.96 and I'm sure I will regret it. The plus side is I don't have to call Walmart ever again over these figures. I am done with this line and I will not step foot in a Walmart for a long time as they have some of the worst customer service aside from Mattel/Digital River. These figures should not be so HTF or expensive but it is a sad fact of how our hobby has evolved. It has become more business then fun hobby.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Rant time...

I was at my early morning job when the Wal-Mart that I was checking every night for four weeks got Wave 10 in.

Needless to say, I was pretty volcanic when I found out! Still ****** about that. I had to fight every urge to go to eBay and pay 3 times the normal amount for the peace of mind it brings.

I'm really sick of Wal-Mart. I'm sick of the poor customer service and shenanighans I've endured for 4 straight weeks. I'm sick of pallets filled with tons of Transformers, Secret Saturdays, G.I. Joe, even out of date Wolverine and Iron Man stuff, but not one box of DCUC. Not even Waves 6-7. Down and out, minimum wage employees who don't want to be there, much less help and lazy managers couldn't be bothered. I've encounted employees who can't even type numbers into the Telzon!!!! I've learned on Facebook that Wal-Mart won't even put Wave 10 on their website because it's an exclusive. That's right. DCUC Wave 10 is exclusive only to Wal-Mart and yet friggin' Wal-Mart can't sell a friggin' Wal-Mart exclusive on the friggin' Wal-Mart website?!! Every night I pass the exact same employees who try not to look at me, who know what I'm after, but since they won't help, they see me every night.

"I don't know how to use the Telzon"
    "We only have ____ Telzon's and no one knows where they are"
    "We never order anything--it just comes in"
    "We don't stock on weekends"
    "What you see is out already"
    "Only the assistant manager can check that"
    "Have you looked in the toy department?"
    "There's nothing in the back"
    "We're getting a truck in ______, check back then"
    "We'll have new stock tomorrow, check back then"

Seriously...when I get my figures, I'm not stepping foot in a Wal-Mart for a looooooong time.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 21, 2009 at 05:40pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I hear you Mega. This WalMart wave was the absolute worst to get my hands on. I had been stalking my local one for weeks when I noticed that the old wave 6/7 stock had been completely cleared out. I figured that must have meant that Wave 10 was coming soon. I was so relentless, checking them before I left for work in the morning and when I got home in the evening. I finally lucked out, when I saw a pallet of toys that hadn't been put out.

I made no attempt to wait for them to put anything out. I found the box of DCUC Classics (only one freaking box, btw), tore into it and found Wave 10. It's so insane to me that we have to resort to this to get our hands on these products. Unfortunately, it seems like just sheer luck that anyone is able to get these figures without resorting the paying ridiculous ebay prices.

Parkesburg, PA.

Sean79

Friend of mine has a friend in Walmart who ordered about 8 boxes. Some woman came by and bought six of those boxes. SIX?!! What a hog! The friend had set two boxes aside, one for my friend and one for someone else. The other guy got his, but my friend's box was missing when he got there. He said he'd asked to reserve two next time (one maybe for me!), but it's not hopeful. All the stores in my area have nothing but the old restocks. Lots of Captain Cold, Blue Beetle, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg--even some Firestorm, but nothing new. I'm hoping things will pick up closer to Christmas. I won't go to ebay until after then.

Found these tonight:

"Power Girl"

"Batman" (There were 2 of these on the pegs)

I really hate Wal-Mart exclusives.......

I guess by at least finding the packaging, I'm getting closer to finding these guys!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote, Thanks***

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Found these tonight:

"Power Girl"
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...4/IMG00033.jpg

"Batman" (There were 2 of these on the pegs)
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...4/IMG00034.jpg

I really hate Wal-Mart exclusives.......

I guess by at least finding the packaging, I'm getting closer to finding these guys!
    UGH!!!! i HATE repackers...seriously...if you are that cheap then don't buy the toys people!!!

or worse case. SELL the toys that you were going to repack and make money that way.

OR

do what i do and give away unwanted extra toys to kids that REALLY want them!!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

OMG, is "repacking" common? Someone packed a Black Panther figure in a Batman Beyond package at my local Giant, and I thought it was just bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    OMG, is "repacking" common? Someone packed a Black Panther figure in a Batman Beyond package at my local Giant, and I thought it was just bizarre.
    sadly it can be common and it seems like it is increasing lately.

i have seen some pretty bad examples.

i DID catch one at target as he was trying to return the toy at customer service. long story short he got charged convicted with fraud and theft of goods if i remember right. i'd have to look it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    sadly it can be common and it seems like it is increasing lately.

i have seen some pretty bad examples.

i DID catch one at target as he was trying to return the toy at customer service. long story short he got charged convicted with fraud and theft of goods if i remember right. i'd have to look it up again.
    Awesome! Sounds extreme, but anyone that repacks like that is a complete loser, so even if they don't get convicted, I hope it serves as a warning to others who might try this.

http://pendragonspost.blogspot.com/2...t-walmart.html

they have a list of every Wal-Mart store taht SHOULD get wave 10.

i hope this helps everyone.

all it tells me is that every store around me SHOULD get them but so far nadda

It's only happened to me once or twice, but thinking you've found something you're hunting for on the pegs only to realize the item inside isn't quite what you'd expected is incredibly frustrating.

I have seen no sign of anything new by me. In fact, outside of seeing Vigilante (a couple of times, actually) at one Target near me, I have seen nothing for DCUC post Wave 7.

Fortunately, a friend of mine & I ordered Waves 8 & 9 online, but this is nuts - there are five Targets near me, three TRUs, and 1 Wal-mart - and they have nothing. (Unless, of course, you need Firestorm, Cyborg or Captain Cold.)

WAVE 13!!!!!

Hit the link to see the rest! Negative Man! Cyclotron! Blue Beetle! Blue Devil!
    http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=60660&start=660

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    WAVE 13!!!!!
    ]

Hit the link to see the rest! Negative Man! Cyclotron! Blue Beetle! Blue Devil!
    http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=60660&start=660
    WOW!!!

They look fantastic; thanks for posting that!

Donna Troy... AS Wonder Girl?! EEeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Favorite character of all time in my favorite costume of all time!!! I am swooning!!!

I want most of these, but don't like Negative Man (no shocker) or cheesy 90s Superboy. Blue Devil is AMAZING! Modern Blue Beetle is nice too. Such a great costume design.

And I totally want the Priscilla Rich Cheetah over the Barbara Minerva (very disappointing face sculpt on Barbara... too placid and calm), but still smarting at not getting a Deborah Domaine version. (That was the version I always fantasized about seeing in Super Powers, but it never happened.)

WHOA! THOSE LOOK GREAT! I just hope they make a Superboy variant of his current costume. The t-shirt and jeans outfit.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban