Page 77 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 5267

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

They look awesome! My only nitpicks are classic Cheetah's face - something seems off. Need a better picture of it. Never been into Doom Patrol, and Negative Man is just a really boring looking figure, IMO.

Glad there are others who want him though. Look forward to this wave! (Just not the $15 price tag starting soon IF I can find them next year.....)

I think with Superboy, this will be the first "team" (Reign of the Supermen) that has been completed since the line launched. (If you go all the way back to DCSH)
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Actually, I still think we need the Matrix" version of Supergirl. I wished they would make that version of her. But other than that the Reign of the Supermen will be complete.

Still wish they would make Lois Lane!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    they look good too bad im still stuck on wave 6

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Found 'em all but Forager.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

yup i need that SB to complete my Reign of Supermen.

i also want cyclotron to help complete my Super Powers Collection, perhaps blue devil too since he was a PLANNED SP figure.

i am just torn at which cheetah i want to put into my legion of doom collection. all i need now for LOD is toyman.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I love that they're making 70's Priscilla Rich Cheetah - as opposed to how she looked in the 40's. The sad part is that I'll never find these.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I love that they're making 70's Priscilla Rich Cheetah - as opposed to how she looked in the 40's. The sad part is that I'll never find these.
    I think you should be able to find them. After all these aren't Wal-Mart exclusive waves and TRU should be getting them all in.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    The advantage to being a DC junkie is that I just order the cases online from BBTS, ETC, or one of those guys. A friend of mine & I order two to save on shipping, but that way, I just get the whole wave delivered to my door, and save on hunting. A lot of online vendors will also sell cases including variants, which is great for folks like me who want, say, both regular and Super Powers versions of figures (or in this case, both Cheetahs.)

If only I could do that with Wave 10....
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

If I cannot get Wave 10, I will stop collecting this line. It's just too big of a headache. Collecting is supposed to be fun and I understand the whole thrill of the hunt thing, but this is completely ridiculous.

I check 4 different Wal-marts every week and still nothing. I hope that they never do a Wal-mart exclusive ever again. I'm so glad Motuc is online only.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    If I cannot get Wave 10, I will stop collecting this line. It's just too big of a headache. Collecting is supposed to be fun and I understand the whole thrill of the hunt thing, but this is completely ridiculous.

I check 4 different Wal-marts every week and still nothing. I hope that they never do a Wal-mart exclusive ever again. I'm so glad Motuc is online only.
    i gave up running around looking for them After Wave 6 , now its like if i see it at a store and i dont have it, ill pick it up but im not going to waist my time , life and Gas driving around town looking of figures .The funny thing now i just see them pop up here and there . i resonantly found the ice cream truck from the transformers movie and i had given up looking for it after many trips to toy stores with no luck

Wow, two weeks and counting for SP Mantis from evil-bay. The seller must have sent it with the cheapest method possible.

Those wave 13ers look real good, although the Priscilla Rich Cheetah isn't quite what I hoped it would be. I guess I'll always have the DC Direct Kingdom Cheetah, but I hate DC Direct's products. Superboy and Wondergirl are perfect, exactly the versions I wanted of them (I hate their current costumes). I'm glad they didn't wait super long to do a modern Blue Beetle. I thought he should have come out with the classic version, but this looks worth the wait.

Cyclotron is really not an exciting SP character. I want Tyr and Martian Manhunter, but now I feel like they will be the very last Super Powers remakes we will see. We'll probably even see a rerelease of Mr. Freeze before MM.

I really hope they get to some of the GL characters like Atrocitus and Arkillo soon too. I'm shocked there hasn't been a Manhunter or Parallax release yet.

Also I'm dying for them to get on with making the Phantom Zone villains:

Superman as the Krypton Man with original Eradicator device (and modern variant)

And of course Kal-El's parents.

Score!! Thanks to a friend in CT, I now have all of Wave 10 and a couple Wave 8 figures. I'm in awe of the Joker figure. I think it perfectly captures the character.

"Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

This is one of the best collections ever and I'm so frustated (to go in accordance to the title of the thread) that these figures are not sold at local stores in my country. Hey, as far as I know, not even in South America! Mattel has a local subsidiary here in Argentina, but they mostly have zillion of Barbies and dreadful Max Steel figures; and we have a very strong DC culture here in the Pampas because of Batman 60's TV show & Super Friends (Super Amigos).
    I refuse to pay around $25 plus shipping, which is always an average of $15 per figure on Ebay.
    Just to be curious, how much are any of these figures at Wal-Mart or T'RU in the States?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    Score!! Thanks to a friend in CT, I now have all of Wave 10 and a couple Wave 8 figures. I'm in awe of the Joker figure. I think it perfectly captures the character.
    I have never seen a single one of those figures in a store. I am utterly gobsmacked that there's somewhere in the world where a person can find a haul like that. Gentleman Ghost and Hawkgirl too? There are no words.

I haven't seen any of them in a store, either. Thank God for friends! The Gentleman Ghost and Hawkgirl were from different stores than Wave 10, though.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunspot View Post
    I have never seen a single one of those figures in a store.
    Same here, and never will either.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    Hawkgirl is the only one of those I've seen on store pegs.

EDIT: Update from Matty's facebook page:

For those DCU fans looking for Wave 9 and 10, they are STILL shipping. Wave 10 has barely shipped. Tons more are on the way throughout the holiday season!
    Hope this rings true about Wave 10.....
    Last edited by Skullface; October 28, 2009 at 05:05pm.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Here is hoping they show up eventually

I was just on MattyCollector to see if there was any news posted and saw that the Earth 3 Alex Luthor/Ultra Man set and Starfire/Adam Strange set were still available. So are ALL of the JLU sets that they've offered so far (Gotham Villains, LSH, Shazam Family as well as the GL Origin set from Comic Con). Sooooo... what does this mean? I know the Starfire/Adam set sold out initially, but I guess they made more and now they're stuck with them. I bought the Gotham Villains and put them out with the rest of my collection, but I got the LSH begrudgingly, just to show support for the line. I never opened them. I think they're in the basement now.

At this rate, I really wouldn't expect to see many more MattyCollector exclusives in either these two lines. Just from my own stand point, I really only wanted Starfire. I've never really cared anything about Adam Strange. I just plain don't want Luthor/Ultra Man. That's probably because I look at the Crime Syndicate as a unit. What would I do with just one of them? And Alex Luthor only ever appeared in one book I've ever read, Crisis #1 and he had all of one scene in it. Also... ugly costume, to be honest.

With JLU, I didn't want the LSH set, for kind of the same reason I didn't want Ultra Man. There were only three of them, out of the, what 20 or so members of the full team? I knew they probably weren't going to make all of them, so this was just an incomplete set at best, plus I didn't really know where I would display them. It's already awkward enough with the New Gods and GL Corp separate from the rest. With Shazam, I would defintely buy Captain Marvel in a normal 3pack or in a boxed set (or better yet as a single carded figure), but Black Adam, Mary and Shazam never even appeared on the JLU, so I don't really want them. I definitely didn't want to pay $30 to get ONE figure. And I've said before, I have no interest in the Doom Patrol. I am hoping the Justice Guild set does get released, though. Sadly, it's the last exclusive set announced, so I am hoping the poor sales of the current exclusives doesn't squash their chances of getting released.

Overall, though, I wonder what accounts for the poor sales of these lines. With DCUC I'd venture to say obscurity. Possibly the same for JLU, but also maybe the fact that the cartoon ended so long ago, maybe people have moved on. I know it doesn't seem like they fly off the shelves at Target, either, and at least with the more recent Target stuff, it's full-on JLU and Legion of Doom members that had significant roles on the show. (Okay, maybe not that significant, but still better than characters that NEVER appeared on the show!)

Getting back to the replaced Figure thing look at what i found yesterday at Walmart

wow.....i am REALLY surprised they left the CAC figure in there. you'd think that they would take that as well
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Do people in the store really fall for this garbage? Mattel needs to do something about, it's happening a lot with their products. And always a worthless Marvel character gets switched for their DC guys!

Wonderboy_JMB, I liked the LoSH JLU figures, I'm glad they did those. But I'm not a regular collector of that line, so what I like isn't much of an indicator.

I think the next two Matty-exclusive 2-packs of DCUC are much cooler than the previous two. I'd love the Sinestro pack way more with Arkillo rather than Romat-Ru, but I'm hoping he'll be a CnC soon. I don't agree that they have to put out a whole roster at once in order to make one character worth getting. I finally bought the Ultraman set because I'm a completist, but I procrastinated because the designs just seemed too old school for the rest of the line. Classic Brainiac kind of changed my mind about that, though I still want more current and post-Silver Age stuff. In the case of Strange and Starfire, I thought they were an odd pairing and that Starfire's hair was too small (and her body too skinny). I still bought it, but I almost didn't. I think that would have sold way better with a classic Nightwing rather than Strange. Obscure characters are probably the biggest reason for stuff not selling well enough on Matty. They need CnC parts or else don't bother.

I know we keep saying it on here, but Matty should really offer the regular waves on Matty. People are dying to get these, and the brick and mortars are failing us more and more (now with evil Marvel-switching action). I know they can't put the WalMart exclusives on there, but all the others should be fair game. And would anyone be upset if Matty had its own exclusive wave?
    Last edited by gbagok; October 29, 2009 at 09:51pm.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    wow.....i am REALLY surprised they left the CAC figure in there. you'd think that they would take that as well
    Well at Target they take the CaC parts . i was surprised to find a blue beetle when the wave just came out ,then upon close observation i noticed that it was missing the CaC

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Overall, though, I wonder what accounts for the poor sales of these lines. With DCUC I'd venture to say obscurity.
    I embrace obscurity. I haven't bought any of the DC figures from Mattycollector mostly because they've just failed to strike my fancy so far. Most of their stuff is rather expensive, so my standards are that much higher when it comes to buying.

I surprised myself when I skipped the Adam Strange/Starfire set. One, I really like Adam Strange. But I like the "Classics" part of DCUC, and having him in his modern outfit didn't do it for me. Nice enough figure, but it was made for the 52 and Infinite Crisis readers and that's not me. Second, I'm a big New Teen Titans fan, and really wanted a Starfire. In this case it was a quality thing; the figure looked kind of small and rickety for price. Starfire, like Barda, is a figure that I wish hadn't been done until it could be done well.

Ultraman and Alex Luthor are nice, but it happens that they're not characters to which I'm very connected. There's too much competing for my $25+s/h, and they didn't make it.

The Sinestro Corps are out because, again, I don't follow modern DC stuff. And that brings us to the Animal Man/B'wana Beast set -- the first one that I'm really pumped to order. So really looking forward to getting that in December, but it's been quite the trail of unsold toys to get there.

My issue with the JLU stuff is always the same: I don't buy them because they're very poorly made. Expensive both online and in stores, and made of cheap materials that bend or degrade quickly. Even the figures that they use in promotional photos stand at weird angles. Big fan of the show -- however the quality started to disappoint a few years ago, and I've almost completely lost interest.

With DCUC, I still like to get some figures. It's just with the price around $15 each, they have to produce a really good toy if I'm going to feel good about buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspot View Post
    But I like the "Classics" part of DCUC, and having him in his modern outfit didn't do it for me.
    I'm very glad "Classics" in DCUC doesn't mean old-only. I like that Sinestro Corps is here, after all it too will be "classic" in a few years. But I agree about Starfire's flimsiness, and wish Barda had been better. Though I though Black Canary wasn't very good either, so I'm not sure what's the problem with making female characters in DCUC.

I wonder how well classic Blue Beetle and Captain Cold would have sold if they had been Matty exclusives. They are two annoying peg warmers in my neck of the woods, but I don't know why (if not that they're obscure because they're old).