Page 96 of 210 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 5226

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Validus is a nice looking choice for a C&C fig. Now they just need to make some Legion members for him to battle.

Hopefully Raven will end up looking as good as that prototype does. I really can't wait for her & Martian Manhunter to finally get the animated Justice League and Teen Titans rosters completed.

After seeing the bigger pics, gotta say OMAC looks pretty bad.

They went a little overboard with Raven's cape, but pretty nice overall.

The rest look great, outside of the goofy SC Batman.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Very nice, I so could see MANY variants of her done, White, Red, Green, Black, etc. Could be an awesome Matty collector exclusive, along with the other Six Deadly sins or even a Seven Deadly Sins collectors set since Raven is Pride

Also when are these supposed to be released??
    Last edited by GeologyMule; May 22, 2010 at 07:31pm. Reason: removed IMG code in reply
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Also when are these supposed to be released??
    Matty's Facebook page says K-Mart gets them first, in late August/early September, shortly followed up by other retailers.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Matty's Facebook page says K-Mart gets them first, in late August/early September, shortly followed up by other retailers.....
    K-Mart?? Seriously??

Ummmmmm.

That is like the WORST chain there is, their only redeeming facotr is they still have Layaway services.

Well, there are like seven K-Marts in my area hmmmm pre-order the set OR take my chances at trying to find Raven come August and any others I want??

Also need to find that site again that has the complete checklist to see whats been released so far.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    So I've had a little time to digest after looking at the individual pictures on Matty's facebook page.

I'm glad we finally got J'onn. His omission was pretty glaring. I do wish that with his variant, they did a little more with him than just give him an alien head and "weapon hand". Seeing him in his OYL costume would've been nice. Or even his current costume, you know..the one with PANTS

I was also glad to see Jemm make his way into the line. He's gotten a raw deal in the comics, not being used since the Martian Manhunter run in the early 2000's. He's a pretty cool character, and I think they did a good job of not just making him Martian Manhunter in Red.

Where Raven is concerned, something is just....off. I don't know if it's the cape, the pumps, just not sure. I was anticpating her, but I'm a little let down. Maybe seeing some other pics of her will change my mind.

The Jack Knight version of Starman has definitely won me over. Kudos to the Horsemen on that one. I'll be wanting him formy JSA team.

I can't say any of the other figures really do much for me. Golden Pharoah looks like something out of Stargate, and the Sinestro Corp Batman is just meh. The choices they made for OMAC confound me. Here was an opportunity to really create a wow factor for this character. They could have approached this character by using a blue translucent plastic, which I really think would've caught people's eye. Like I said, just a really odd choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    I'm glad we finally got J'onn. His omission was pretty glaring. I do wish that with his variant, they did a little more with him than just give him an alien head and "weapon hand". Seeing him in his OYL costume would've been nice. Or even his current costume, you know..the one with PANTS
    I'm iffy on his OYL costume, but I like his current look a lot.

I was also glad to see Jemm make his way into the line. He's gotten a raw deal in the comics, not being used since the Martian Manhunter run in the early 2000's. He's a pretty cool character, and I think they did a good job of not just making him Martian Manhunter in Red.
    He's played a part in the Superman books of late.

I'm not loving that Raven, and it is due to her cape. Fan's Choice, huh? NOT what I was expecting.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    I'm not loving that Raven, and it is due to her cape. Fan's Choice, huh? NOT what I was expecting.
    True! The illustration they used in the "Fan Choice" poll was the current Raven, younger than she was in the New Teen Titans series and in a different costume.

Since this Raven is the original though, the cape is perfect, because that's how she was depicted in like... every picture.

HATE the black shoes though! Her entire outfit is blue and they gave her black shoes?! No sense!

I'm a bit iffy on the rest. MM looks okay... they made his face more alien than I'm used to, which fits but doesn't look quite how he looks in the comics. J'emm actually looks decent, but I can't help but envision this fig warming pegs from coast to coast. Just such an obscure character! The two Starmen are surprising choices, but I like 'em! OMAC looks like crap. So does Golden Pharaoh. His neck and head are TINY! And Sinestro Corps Batman was already on my PASS list and the fact that he looks ridiculous only reinforces that. I won't be buying them all to assemble the c+c, because I am SO not opening the Legion of Super Heroes can of worms on this line.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I am SO not opening the Legion of Super Heroes can of worms on this line.
    Hey, isnt one of them an actual worm?
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    Hey, isnt one of them an actual worm?
    Hmmm... I think Kinetix was turned into a worm or snake-like creature. Or maybe you're thinking of Gates, who was a bug-like creature, or Tellus who was... kinda amphibious looking? I don't think the first two are part of the "regular" continuity anymore. (I forgot how Legion of Three Worlds ended, but I think only XS was adapted into the main "New Earth" history. Everything else went back to the original 60s-80s team being the only real Legion.)

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I can't believe they actually went through with the stupid SC Batman. I kept hoping it was just a place holder in Walmart computers to trip people up. Why would anyone in Mattel think this figure would sell? This a prime example of how the people over at Mattel's collector figure division don't know what they're doing. Between him and Golden Pharaoh, the pegs in my area will be clogged for a year just like with wave 7.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

If that Batman isn't the definition of "scraping the bottom of the barrel", then I don't know what is, lol

I was going to just order the ones I wanted, but it ended up being like $20 cheaper than just getting the whole set, so... I'll never display SC Batman or OMAC, but I couldn't pass up two additional figures and the c+C for just a bit more. This does, of course mean that now I need to track down Drt. Mid-Nite, since I'm getting Ted Starman. Don't want a gap in my JSA line up.

Anyone know why Commander Steel is part of this collection? He wasn't in the JSA, although I *think* his costume is the same as Citizen Steel's so you could pretend that's who he is, but I kinda don't expect to see any other members of the All-Star Squadron, although I'd love to. He and The Guardian are kinda random Golden Age characters with no home.

After scanning eBay for weeks deciding whether to buy Donna Troy Wondergirl, my brother surprised with her. It's nice when family looks out for your hobbies too!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Wow, the newest wave might actually be the first one in a while that I don't care if I complete or not. I wish it had been the Wal*Mart wave, because I'm sure J'onn would have been re-released as Power Girl was. OMAC looks terrible, wish it had been his modern version. SC Batman seems like a lame and obvious attempt to force the bat into another wave. At least he's more than a repaint, but a Black Lantern version seems like a more timely choice. I don't know about Raven, I'm not encouraged about the DCUC female figures anymore. The CnC doesn't look so great either, and that's usually the glue that gets me through the unappealing figures.

Despite that, I think Golden Pharoah looks pretty cool actually. Clearly I'm more a Super Powers lover than others, but that was never a figure I thought I'd want. I guess this makes Samurai the only SP character to not appear in any way for the DCSH or DCUC lines? I hope we'll get SP versions of Mr. Freeze, Orion, and Kalibak someday though. Sounds like leotard Riddler and SP Robin are in the works at least.

I'm very very happy with Martian Manhunter though. Very cool looking figure, I'd be happy with either version even.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    If that Batman isn't the definition of "scraping the bottom of the barrel", then I don't know what is, lol
    Zebra Batman and Earth 2 Alexander Luthor.

What's crazy is that SC Batman only appeared for two panels to warrant a figure.

Why not a First Appearance Batman or even a blue cowled Batman without the black shadow over his face?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Wow, the newest wave might actually be the first one in a while that I don't care if I complete or not. I wish it had been the Wal*Mart wave, because I'm sure J'onn would have been re-released as Power Girl was. OMAC looks terrible, wish it had been his modern version. SC Batman seems like a lame and obvious attempt to force the bat into another wave. At least he's more than a repaint, but a Black Lantern version seems like a more timely choice. I don't know about Raven, I'm not encouraged about the DCUC female figures anymore. The CnC doesn't look so great either, and that's usually the glue that gets me through the unappealing figures.

Despite that, I think Golden Pharoah looks pretty cool actually. Clearly I'm more a Super Powers lover than others, but that was never a figure I thought I'd want. I guess this makes Samurai the only SP character to not appear in any way for the DCSH or DCUC lines? I hope we'll get SP versions of Mr. Freeze, Orion, and Kalibak someday though. Sounds like leotard Riddler and SP Robin are in the works at least.

I'm very very happy with Martian Manhunter though. Very cool looking figure, I'd be happy with either version even.
    I agree with almost everything... not only is Sinestro Batman a lame excuse to shoehorn in another Batman, but the actual figure itself looks terrible.

I'd be all about a Golden Pharaoh, but the execution is poor. But Samurai is rumored to be upcoming. Hopefully opening the doors for the rest of the HB-invented Super Friends, El Dorado, Black Vulcan and a c+c Apache Chief. Those would have made for great Comic Con or Matty exclusives, versus the characters they did chose, like Earth 3 Luthor and Ultraman. I'd also like a SP Kalibak, since that's really the only version of the character I was familiar with, until very recently. I'd NEVER seen him in that green leotard costume until Superman:TAS!

I will say this, the scrawniness of the females in this line will actually work for Raven, who is supposed to be willowy. But for my bday, a friend of mine sent me Adora and Evil-Lyn from MotUC and I love how nicely proportioned they are! WHY can't the DC women be a bit sturdier, like these two?!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Anyone heard WHO the next 12" DC Universe Giants of Justice figure will be and WHEN it will be released?

So, far I believe only Batman, Super Man, Flash, and Killer Croc have been released.

I can't remember where I heard the rumors, but I heard they had been working on Green Lantern and Aquaman??? Can anyone confirm?
    No news since last year's Flash SDCC exclusive and there isn't a Con exclusive this year. If they are continuing this line, they'll probably announce it at one of the cons this summer.
    Last edited by Wonderboy_JMB; May 22, 2010 at 12:15pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Mattel has shipped out some nekkid Cheetahs...
    I wonder what Toyguru has to say about this...

A pity I find out about this 4 days later...I would have gotten one for sure!!!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Starfire, Kid Flash, Beast Boy, Donna Troy to name a few.....
    What stinks is Mattel designed a "teen male" body that is way too small to be in scale with the rest of the line. Your Kid Flash or Beast Boy will look like "a little person" next to your Wonder Girl.
    I want to smurf your smurf.

I hope there's a Jack Knight variant without the goatee.
    A Postmodern Man For the 21st Century.

Quote Originally Posted by Teelor View Post
    What stinks is Mattel designed a "teen male" body that is way too small to be in scale with the rest of the line. Your Kid Flash or Beast Boy will look like "a little person" next to your Wonder Girl.
    I felt the same way about Kid Flash, but people have pointed out that they will probably do Robin, Speedy, etc in that smaller scale as well and then probably a smaller Donna in her original costume. This Donna is the Perez version, so she should be bigger and in scale with Cyborg and Kory. Beast Boy is usually still drawn smaller than the others, so I consider him in proper scale.

Of course we need a Beast Boy as Changeling in his red and white outfit too...

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I felt the same way about Kid Flash, but people have pointed out that they will probably do Robin, Speedy, etc in that smaller scale as well and then probably a smaller Donna in her original costume. This Donna is the Perez version, so she should be bigger and in scale with Cyborg and Kory. Beast Boy is usually still drawn smaller than the others, so I consider him in proper scale.
    I prefer a single line of figures to have a single scale to them. I have my DCUC figures posed on a shelf, but Kid Flash and Beast Boy are in a drawer because they dwarf next to the other figures, even the smaller ones like Wonder Girl and Batgirl.
    I want to smurf your smurf.

*drool*