Page 101 of 208 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

I don't collect DC direct, and I prefer the look and feel of the DC Universe stuff anyways so nice for someone like me.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Thanks for the info!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    OK, not to sound like a complete idiot - but take what I said with a grain of salt. I've been reading this morning that Mattel may have released fake line-ups for the waves in order to catch the source of the leaks.

That may or may not be true, so the lineups I listed above (which I cobbled together from other sites I frequent) may or may not be accurate.

We'll have to see - I know Matty's not going to NYCC because of some event of their own at the same time, so hopefully we'll get the scoop on these two waves by then, one way or the other.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    hey guys does anyome have Darkside Parts for the C C ?

I really hope we get this DCUC Superman:

http://www.poeghostal.com/2010/09/po...re-stands.html

It’s been popping up on ebay. From what I have gathered, this deco was originally intended to be part of a 2 pack with Bizarro. I don’t know if that pack is still in the works. If not, I hope they get this repaint out somehow.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    That's a nice deco, but I'm honestly getting pretty tired of that Supes head.

Time for a new one!

I'd like one more like the original DCSH head, but less angular to fit the DCUC style.

I might have Darkseid's pelvis part.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I might have Darkseid's pelvis part.
    cool what do u want for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    That's a nice deco, but I'm honestly getting pretty tired of that Supes head.

Time for a new one!

I'd like one more like the original DCSH head, but less angular to fit the DCUC style.
    I agree about the DCUC Superman head. I really like the DCSH head and I actually don't mind the angular look. If no better DCUC Superman head is ever developed, I might commission someone to dremel out my DCSH Supes head to fit a DCUC body. It's a darn shame they aren't compatible.

Even with that standard DCUC head, those bright colors really stand out. My main connection to DC was the Super Powers line and Superfriends so that is the perfect Superman deco for me. I have DCSH Superman but the only DCUC version I have is the mullet version. I purposely didn't pick up the short hair DCUC Supes for hopes that a lighter blue DCUC Supes would come out.

Came across some Hostess Flash-cakes & Green Lantern Glo-balls at Target tonight.

The Flash cakes are just Hostess chocolate cupcakes with red frosting & yellow sprinkles, and the Glo-balls are just green Sno-balls. Gave me a nice laugh.

Last edited by Skullface; September 21, 2010 at 11:13pm.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

They have Superman and Batman ones too, but they're just the regular flavors. Does eating Green Lantern's Glow Balls sound appealing to ANYONE?

I just read on the Fwoosh that DCUC Wave 17 - Balckest Knight Rainbow Corps will be the last one.
    Is this true or did I misunderstand something?
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I just read on the Fwoosh that DCUC Wave 17 - Balckest Knight Rainbow Corps will be the last one.
    Is this true or did I misunderstand something?
    it won't be the last one. they are just saying it is going to be the last one cause that wave will "kill teh lien"
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Just wanted to mention that the Blue Devil figure is completely awesome.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Does eating Green Lantern's Glow Balls sound appealing to ANYONE?

Oh, yes.
    I want to smurf your smurf.

I bought The Music of DC Comics: 75th Anniversary Collection cd:

I was looking at the massive group picture inside the back cover and noticed something weird. The picture itself resembles the current cards that the DCUC figures come packaged in, and they are drawn in the same style. Several artists are listed in the sleeve, so it isn't one illustrator, but the overall style is like that on the DCUC boxes as well as the Hostess boxes, so I take it this is DC's new house style.

The odd thing was the inclusion of Don Hall as Dove. Why would he be on there? First of all, Hawk & Dove aren't even that popular that I would imagine including them in such a group picture. Secondly, almost every other character is depicted in their current styles, Sinestro in his yellow Corps costume, GL with solid black leggings without green trunks, Michael Holt as Mr. Terrific, etc. Then I saw Jemm Son of Saturn in there. And Jack Knight as Starman, both of whom are in the newest DCUC wave. Then I noticed The Huntress is the same rendering of her from the Toyfare fan poll. And some of the other character choices, Imperiex, Chemo, Cyborg Superman, Eclipso, Steppenwolf in Super Powers costume, Man-Bat... they're all part of the DCUC line... then I remembered reading in this thread that Hawk & Dove were rumored to be in an upcoming wave. Then I realized... are all of these characters going to be in DCUC?

I could be way off base here and please take this with a handful of salt! (Yuck!) Here are the characters depicted that haven't been officially confirmed for future DCUC waves:
    Good Guys:
    Hawk & Dove (Hank & Don)
    Bart Allen as Kid Flash
    Stargirl
    Batwoman
    Catman
    Animal Man (Didn't I see his name mentioned as a rumored upcoming fig?)
    Hawkman (I guess a more modern version with brown leather gloves)
    Saint Walker
    Ravager (Rose)
    Modern Dr. Mid-Nite
    Harbinger
    Barbara Gordon Batgirl (her costume is colored purple in this illustration)
    Modern Raven (Although she was the one used in the Fan Poll, the produced figure is in the 80s NTT style.)
    A GIANT Crispus Allen Spectre (C+C???)

Bad Guys:
    Lex Luthor in Super Powers armor
    Mongul
    Atomic Skull
    Psycho Pirate
    Hush
    A new Brainiac wearing a helmet (a look I am unfamiliar with)
    Black Hand
    Reverse Flash
    Bizarro
    Mirror Master
    Weather Wizard
    Heat Wave
    Kyle as Parallax (VERY prominently displayed, more so than Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman!)
    GIANT Anti-Monitor (like The Spectre, a C+C???)

Riddler appears in the costume he wore in the last season of Batman:TAS, green leotard with one single ? on his chest, a purple derby with a ? on it. I don't know if that's just a stock image or if he'll be done in that costume. They've already revealed the upcoming Riddler and he's in his classic costume covered in ?s.

Also, Lex in armor, Mongul, Catwoman (modern costume with goggles), Supergirl and Batgirl (probably a couple more) were part of the DC Super Heroes line, so maybe they consider them all the same collection, which is why they were included.

This could all be crap! Maybe these are just the characters they felt were most important to showcase or they just used whatever stock art they had available and it just so happened that a bunch of them have made it to the DCUC line. It would be pretty sweet though! And most of them ARE logical choices!

Not a single Wonder Woman villain depicted. Color me surprised.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Not a single Wonder Woman villain depicted. Color me surprised.
    Well, to be fair, she's doing better than Flash or Aquaman are so far. Ares, Giganta and two versions of Cheetah are in the line, but Flash is batting just Captain Cold and Grodd, and Aquaman only has Manta.

Reverse-Flash is long overdue (as is Poison Ivy), but after those two, I'm down for any new specific-hero villains they throw at us. Would not mind a Circe or Angle Man, certainly. (And a Toyman to finish the LoD)

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    You're all wrong ... GENERAL ZOD is long overdue!

Seriously, I want the General. Kneel Before Zod!
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    You're all wrong ... GENERAL ZOD is long overdue!

Seriously, I want the General. Kneel Before Zod!
    AGREED! And with him should come Faora and Kru-El IMO. I'd say Ursa and Non, but I didn't much like their comic book appearances (though I do prefer Zod looking like bearded Terrance Stamp than an SS officer).

I think that's the problem with Zod and the Kryptonian villains. The versions from the movies are so much more well-known than the comic book ones. But since they are making the 12" movie-based dolls, maybe they can make them as DCUCs. I mean, they did it for the new Batman movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I think that's the problem with Zod and the Kryptonian villains. The versions from the movies are so much more well-known than the comic book ones. But since they are making the 12" movie-based dolls, maybe they can make them as DCUCs. I mean, they did it for the new Batman movies.
    Now that they are saying Zod will be the villain of the next Superman movie, Mattel may just do an SDCC exclusive three-pack with the Kryptonian villains--having grossly missed the chance all last year during the Zod season of Smallville. They'll use the comic versions I think--either with Kru-El and Faora as they were featured in comics back when Superman II came out, or the new comic book versions of Zod, Ursa, and Non. That's assuming that the DCUC line survives to the arrival of a new Superman movie.

Does anyone like this version of Zod?

Besides Terrence Stamp performance, Jim Lee's design was the only other personification of the character that I thought as a real threat to Superman, almost as a "reverse" Superman
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Does anyone know when wave 14 is due to be released?

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Does anyone know when wave 14 is due to be released?

JAG2045
    Last I heard was mid-to-late October, so hopefully very soon. Not that I'm looking forward to trying to find this wave at the horrible WMs in my area (I never saw wave 5, and only saw the Batman from Wave 10 once - nothing else), but am looking forward to the actual figures themselves.

Not sure if Matty's actually given a real reason for the prolonged delay on this wave - it should have been out 3-4 mos. ago.