Page 120 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 5237

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Is the retail line ever going to go back to being NOT Green Lantern figures?! I've only been seeing GL wave after GL wave at retail for months now, and even the new waves being brought into the retail stores are GL.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Wave 18 which has already come out for some is a Super Friends wave, and wave 19 is JSA wave which should be out in the Fall.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/07/first-l...ate-of-amerika

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/07/sdcc-20...ght-mattel-dcu

The Fwoosh has a pic of the Crime Syndicate boxed set. I'll probably get it!
    Last edited by Wonderboy_JMB; July 22, 2011 at 12:33pm.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Wave 18 which has already come out for some is a Super Friends wave, and wave 19 is JSA wave which should be out in the Fall.
    I'm more concerned about what will follow the announced waves. The line has been fractured by GL and Batman Legacy lines, now with all the Matty exclusives, I'm wondering if they are going to only produce new characters there and the retail line will just be rereleases of the big guys.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'm more concerned about what will follow the announced waves. The line has been fractured by GL and Batman Legacy lines, now with all the Matty exclusives, I'm wondering if they are going to only produce new characters there and the retail line will just be rereleases of the big guys.
    I have similar concerns that the retail line will become generic with Superman with heatblast vision and Arctic Thunder Batman.

But then I could see the online being full of Metal Men type figures, the ones that have their fans but are definitely in the minority. I could see people getting upset when this information is released after they sub.

I think the idea of Green Lantern Classics and the Batman Legacy would have been better suited for the line as a whole then being a sub line but from the start. Basically each year have there be a theme, alternating with teams. Things like themed waves work better when you start that way. Which waves have had loose connections throughout most of the series.

The subscription thing has the potential to either do great for this line or sink it. And putting it into the hands of potential subscribers when they don't have much information is a bit scary. Sure it worked for their other lines, but they also didn't have content coming out elsewhere. To me this just seems like there is a very delicate way to really pull this off, and then I look at who is doing it and get the feeling we aren't going to see certain figures produced.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    DC Universe is ending at Wave 20.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    DC Universe is ending at Wave 20.
    Speculation or announced or personal view?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Speculation or announced or personal view?
    No, Scott said that the DCU line will no longer be available at retail after Wave 20. That is why they are doing the subscription. The series will become a new line of figures based off the new comics coming out in Sept.

The first three figures of the sub are Jay Garrick, Atrocitus, and Starman (not sure which version though). There will also be a poll to vote on which figure we want as the subscription figure, which will between Shaggy Man, Metron with Chair, Rocket Red, and Black Lantern Swamp Thing. I am going to vote for Metron when this poll comes out.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

hmmm i bet metron with the chair will win fan choice.....I want the chair for Zodak though....
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    No, Scott said that the DCU line will no longer be available at retail after Wave 20. That is why they are doing the subscription. The series will become a new line of figures based off the new comics coming out in Sept.

The first three figures of the sub are Jay Garrick, Atrocitus, and Starman (not sure which version though). There will also be a poll to vote on which figure we want as the subscription figure, which will between Shaggy Man, Metron with Chair, Rocket Red, and Black Lantern Swamp Thing. I am going to vote for Metron when this poll comes out.
    Wait, so there will be a non Classics DC line based on the rebooted DC stuff similar to the figures DC Direct showed? Or is DC in retail dead apart from movie tie-ins?

I suspected this would happen though. The mention of matty figures of "obscure" characters just did not bode well. I hope this is a big enough hit to keep it going though, there are a lot of characters I'd like to see get made....though Starman and Jay are not even close to being among them.

Also, did they announce wave 20?
    Last edited by gbagok; July 23, 2011 at 12:39am.

Holy Crap! That wasn't even remotely what I thought was going to happen! I'm definitely getting the subscription then, and dropping the retail wave. DC seems like they are purposely trying to drive old school fans away!

YEAH, I saw the SDCC(Stupid Damn Comic Convention) photos. The original Flash figure is the only one that perks my interest. I'll expect that one anytime after October, just because Mattel sucks like that.

Ah, well no surprise there!!!! Mattel seems to only want to sell any of the GOOD figure properties online only! Seeing as how I don't trust online shopping, I'm obviously not a consideration by Mattel.

And, I thought that I heard that ALL of the new Voltron Force figures will only be online exclusive as well!! I'm honestly just about through with giving Mattel any of my business.

So, does this mean ALL of next year's MOTU 30th anniversary merchandise will be online only too??

Mattel are a bunch of *******s.
    (Hordak Alpha))

What do you expect? I hate it too, but online is the only way to shop now. Stores just don't carry what we want. I am an anime buyer, and it is pointless to even go out to get anime in a B&M store because the stores do not carry it, and if they do, they are like $20 more than online. It sucks, I hate it, but I have no choice but to go with the flow.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    What do you expect? I hate it too, but online is the only way to shop now. Stores just don't carry what we want. I am an anime buyer, and it is pointless to even go out to get anime in a B&M store because the stores do not carry it, and if they do, they are like $20 more than online. It sucks, I hate it, but I have no choice but to go with the flow.
    Just curious, do you read/watch Bamboo Blade or Kenichi: History's Strongest Disciple? Those are just about the only anime and manga I follow right now (at least now that I own Teknoman/Tekkaman Blade), and I definitely see what you mean. (Okay, I'm still trying to find the Tekkaman Blade II OSV at a price lower than $60 either online or a B&M store.) I do feel, however, that Mattel has never given any due consideration to using Diamond Distributors to sell their product just as DD sells its Marvel Select and Retro lines.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

My shopping for things like this as gone almost purely online. I haven't used matty yet though. In the announced only Arkillo peaks my interest so I probably won't sub. Will figure out what to do with a sub only figure I want.

Hopefully we don't have another packaging change.

DC Universe...REBOOTS

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, now that Mera has been unveiled to not be happening, I wonder if I should take one my extra Star Sapphires and customize her into Mera. Only problem is, I have no way of making the suit look scaley.

Pictures of Starman look like Thom

Wikipedia says wave 20 will consist of :

Green Arrow (One Year later costume)
    Reverse-Flash
    Hawk
    Dove (Dawn Granger)
    Red Arrow

Can anyone confirm this?

Also if DCUC is ending at wave 20 will a new toyline be made to show the new dc 52 universe (the new relaunch)?

If so will matty be the only place to get older DCUC figures?

I dont want the line to end only to have missing charecters (e.g. Posion Ivy/Commissioner Gordon/Shining Knight) done in post-relaunch style

I'm glad were finally gonna get Jay Garrick & Atrocius though (even though he should be a CNC)

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Poor DC sub isn't at 20% yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post

Green Arrow (One Year later costume)
    Reverse-Flash
    Hawk
    Dove (Dawn Granger)
    Red Arrow

Can anyone confirm this?
    I can. Toyark.com confirms this. Sinestro (Corps) and The Flash II White Lantern will be revealed on a later date.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 23, 2011 at 01:09pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Where is this thermometer? I looked at Matty's page, but maybe I'm just not seeing it?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Where is this thermometer? I looked at Matty's page, but maybe I'm just not seeing it?
    Main page.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post

Also if DCUC is ending at wave 20 will a new toyline be made to show the new dc 52 universe (the new relaunch)?

If so will matty be the only place to get older DCUC figures?

I dont want the line to end only to have missing charecters (e.g. Posion Ivy/Commissioner Gordon/Shining Knight) done in post-relaunch style

I'm glad were finally gonna get Jay Garrick & Atrocius though (even though he should be a CNC)

JAG2045
    From the sounds of it a retail line will be based on current versions of the characters in the upcoming reboot. Classics will move to online. I think Atrocitus should be the size of a CnC but not CnC, but I am an on the card collector. I think they should have just made the oversized figures deluxe on card.

I think part of DC's intent with the toy relaunch is getting everything on the same page and have the toys be a tie-in to current comics. Which is a good idea financially, not sure it will work though.
    Last edited by wyldman11; July 23, 2011 at 03:58pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Poor DC sub isn't at 20% yet.

I can. Toyark.com confirms this. Sinestro (Corps) and The Flash II White Lantern will be revealed on a later date.
    Ah ok, cool. By the way what does Sinestro (corps) mean? Is it a height corrected Sinestro figure in his Yellow Corps uniform? (Like they did in the 2 pack with Hal in the classic blue uniform?)

Or is it another Hal in a Sinestro Corps costume like he wore in War of the Green Lanterns?

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

I guess if the good line is ending and moving to online only, it is a good excuse to start stashing my money away again and saving it for Ban Dai's Thundercats instead. Mattel can screw off.
    (Hordak Alpha))