Page 127 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 5168

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

lol, they waited till today to put out that explanation? isn't tomorrow the last day to subscribe?

it really seems like they want to kill dcuc for adult collectors.

fan demanded figures you want in 6”Four Horsemen scale.

Club Infinite Earths is designed for the die hard DCU 6” Four Horsemen style collector.
    Does that sound like the Horsemen will NOT be sculpting these figures?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    lol, they waited till today to put out that explanation? isn't tomorrow the last day to subscribe?
    No, the deadline is Sunday at 11:59 pm.

it really seems like they want to kill dcuc for adult collectors.
    Actually, it seems like DC Comics is trying to kiddify the retail line into a Superman/Batman variant heavy moms and kids line, while the online toyline is where all the obscure characters will be sold.

A pretty clear definition.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

the club could potentially have unlimited potential!
    Haha... I'm not sure why, but that made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Actually, it seems like DC Comics is trying to kiddify the retail line into a Superman/Batman variant heavy moms and kids line, while the online toyline is where all the obscure characters will be sold.
    Yeah, sounds a lot like going back to the DC Superheroes line, but with Flash and Green Lantern as well.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Yeah, sounds a lot like going back to the DC Superheroes line, but with Flash and Green Lantern as well.
    And Mattel was worried about cherry pickers in the past, I can't wait to see the clogged shelves with Superman/Batman/Flash/GL
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    The part about females made me cringe. It may not be the case, but it sounds like they're not going to release female characters at retail any longer. That's nuts and ridiculous if that happens. If it's not meant that way...they worded it poorly.

Also, I love how they say there will be no repaints/rehashes in this line...and then they compare it to MOTUC. We were told the same thing with MOTUC and are now getting Battleground Evil-Lyn who is EXACTLY that. I mean...this is why people aren't running out to buy subscriptions. We're told/promised one thing...sign on to spend a LOT of money...and then the promises are not always delivered. It's a contract, Mattel. :P
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    The part about females made me cringe. It may not be the case, but it sounds like they're not going to release female characters at retail any longer. That's nuts and ridiculous if that happens. If it's not meant that way...they worded it poorly.
    "Female figures don't sell" .... despite numerous examples of the opposite

I bet you see Wonder Woman and Supergirl, like I said this new collection in retail is shaping up to warm more pegs than Spin Blade and Smash Blade MOTU
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

No, the deadline is Sunday at 11:59 pm.

still.

they should have given this explanation at sdcc.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

I bet you see Wonder Woman and Supergirl, like I said this new collection in retail is shaping up to warm more pegs than Spin Blade and Smash Blade MOTU
    yeah. WW and PG didn't "sell" because they put them out in a wave and then immediately re-released them in the next wave case as an all-star. not to mention that PG was double packed in wave 10.
    Last edited by EldestSon; August 11, 2011 at 04:12pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Actually, it seems like DC Comics is trying to kiddify the retail line into a Superman/Batman variant heavy moms and kids line
    I still have my fingers crossed for Super Powers colored Superman and Batman. In a sea of Superman and Batmans, I hope we at least get those.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I still have my fingers crossed for Super Powers colored Superman and Batman. In a sea of Superman and Batmans, I hope we at least get those.
    They might come out...as repaints of their DCnu costumes. Are we back to the days of neon and caramel colored Batmen?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

And Mattel was worried about cherry pickers in the past, I can't wait to see the clogged shelves with Superman/Batman/Flash/GL
    No kidding. We already did this with DC Superheroes.
    I'm sure they'll have better character selection, though.
    They have to know that just repainting Sups/Bats/etc isn't going to move.
    There's a middle ground between endless Batman variants and waves of 2 issue variants of C-List characters (Wave 17)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm sure you'll still see females in about the same ratios you do now.
    0-1 per wave, on average.
    But don't expect much beyond Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl levels of characters.

Yeah... well they don't.
    If they are variants of characters we've already gotten 3 of evenly packed and marketed to kids.

So the subscription sign up has been extended another week, until 8/22.

Think it'll matter, based on Matty's clarification earlier, basically saying "100% of target or bust"?

And where's the new figure announcement already? Who else won't I be getting with my imaginary sub because the fans didn't support us?
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    So the subscription sign up has been extended another week, until 8/22.

Think it'll matter, based on Matty's clarification earlier, basically saying "100% of target or bust"?
    No, I don't think they'll get to 100%.
    But I'm planning to buy a MotUC and a DCUC sub tomorrow anyway.

I just don't expect it to actually happen.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    All I know is that if Poison Ivy was sold at retail, people would be knocking out other people with tire irons trying to get there first!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I just saw Matty's special HEY YOU DCUC FANS GET A SUB Plea

I feel so bad for those that collect this line, but wow this thing is going to be a failure from start to finish it seems.

I am starting to believe that just like with JLU the DCUC fans are loud and vocal but do not have the buying power to support the demands. I bought everything JLU had to offer, sometimes double but many of my JLU fan friends did not and thus the line died.

Not saying anything about anyone here, but if after 3 weeks they are still begging for subs either the fans have outright rejected it or the fans were not as numerous as they claim (or both).

Not saying anything about anyone here, but if after 3 weeks they are still begging for subs either the fans have outright rejected it or the fans were not as numerous as they claim (or both).
    I think both.
    I do think there are a lot of people that collect DCUC now that are passing on the sub.
    From what I've seen online, there are plenty of people that don't like it.
    Either because they don't want to blind-buy figures or they don't like being strong-armed into $255 worth of product.
    Mostly I think it's that it's become so hard to be a completist with the line in the past couple years that most of the collectors are only buying certain figures and there just aren't enough completists.

But it's impossible to say much more than that without knowing how many subs = 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    I think both.
    I do think there are a lot of people that collect DCUC now that are passing on the sub.
    From what I've seen online, there are plenty of people that don't like it.
    Either because they don't want to blind-buy figures or they don't like being strong-armed into $255 worth of product.
    Mostly I think it's that it's become so hard to be a completist with the line in the past couple years that most of the collectors are only buying certain figures and there just aren't enough completists.

But it's impossible to say much more than that without knowing how many subs = 100%.
    Yeah I cannot imagine that the production numbers are kept anywhere close to what retail was.

But what did they use as a baseline, MOTUC? Ghostbusters? Past DCUC sales on Matty?

Makes you wonder especially since it seems to be the only sub that has a requirement

Movie mayhem!
    I can see why it would be hard to transition a retail line to online. For one I think a lot of people who collect this line doing really know about any of this. Its a more mainstream line and I imagine there are quite a few people collecting it who aren't really up on all the news... meanwhile the people who are really used to matty are He-man/GB fans for whom DC is 2nd or 3rd and so maybe they can't afford another sub or at least its not a priority.

Do we know what percent they are at? Last I saw it was 29% but that was a week ago... doesn't look like they are updating the image on the site.

32% Last I heard. I know many were saying they were wanting a bit more clarification on things.

Most the things I have said have been for others, I don't mind the idea of the sub just not something I can or really want to get into. Especially since pretty much I think I would like Poison Ivy, Huntress, Saint Walker, Indigo 1, Larfleeze, and Atrocitus. The rest have been released and I would have to get a hold of some how.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Its between 30-40% right now, so revealing some of the figures spiked it 10-20%

Movie mayhem!
    Wow... it still has a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    still.

they should have given this explanation at sdcc.
    yeah they should have it would have helped a lot. However, I am betting even MATTEL didn't know all the details and they have been pulling it out of their bum since then.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    yeah they should have it would have helped a lot. However, I am betting even MATTEL didn't know all the details and they have been pulling it out of their bum since then.
    Yup, I think Mattel did the best it could with the whole "you want us to do WHAT to the line?!?!" news they got from DC

Although I think they should have just said we are going to offer a DCUC subscription and we will have more details in a few days.

Sometimes in a rush to get information out to fans I think they really botch the PR delivery by not having it all or getting it wrong.

Had they said we will have a sub, then showed some of the figures, and then explained it like today I think people would be much more receptive.

i would love to get a sub, I've just gotten addicted to this line but I can't afford it and MOTUC. and MOTUC is where my heart is.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

It's too late now, but they could only have sold this sub if they had shown all the planned figures for the whole year on display at SDCC as they did for Voltron. It needed to be a killer roster too. They needed to show fans this Poison Ivy figure along with Metron, Jay, Atrocitus, anything that isn't that Starman figure, and then maybe they'd have attracted the 100% they claim to need (I'm not convinced that whatever "100%" means, it isn't an arbitrary number).

I doubt even just name dropping would be enough for the fans who resent the idea of the sub however. They're not MOTU fans, they don't have the stomach for what we've endured! I kid, but with MOTUC, we MOTU fans knew it was our only shot at new product. The entire brand was done if that failed. I think we were hungry (and the figures were damned fine eating too, not some pathetic scraps for dogs either). Plus we'd been frustrated by the online buying experience, so the sub was like a Godsend to us. But DC fans have DC Direct, and they've enjoyed 20 waves of this line already--for better or for worse. It may be the line's end has come, despite the lingering enthusiasm of some and a really gargantuan-NBC-canceling-original-Star Trek-stupid move by DC itself.

BTW, the only DCnU figure I might have given a second look to was a new Wonder Woman in the modern outfit, so of course "females" aren't expected to be in the retail line anymore. I don't get kids and their parents. Sexism doesn't even make sense because when I was a kid, I wanted girl figures at least to be saved (yeah, sorry ladies, I cast you in damsel in distress roles a lot). James Bond had certainly taught five-year-old me that the hero is worthless if he can't kiss the girl at the end of the day. Oh wait, now I'm thinking of that scene in Spaceballs...maybe that's another reason parents won't buy girl figures.