Page 129 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 5237

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Some of the older ones aren't so bad - so I have Elongated Man, Phantom Stranger, Jay Garrick, Dr. Sivana, Hush, Ra's al Ghul and so forth on display with my DCUC, and many of them blend in just fine.

You're right about the articulation, and if you're really looking closely at some of them you can see they don't all match up, but to tell the truth as long as they display "ok" I'd rather have them than nothing. I largely stopped buying DCD after DCUC came out (except for the Rainbow Corps leaders) and recently sold off all of my older ones, but I'm keeping about twenty DCD figures for characters that I feel I 'need' on my DC display.

Not to say I don't want Mattel to make those characters, but at least the DCD is something. Vixen's not so bad, but I never bothered getting Fire & Ice, realizing how out of place they'd look with DCUC, so I really want Mattel to make them. And while the Hush version of Poison Ivy is the correct height, she's awkwardly posed and doesn't stand right, so she's number one on my wish-list.
    Ice is ugly. I hate her face sculpt! And it's the early Global Guardians costume and I prefer the later one with fur boots. I may have to just settle on the others, though. The problem with Batwoman is she's the original Alex Ross design and since then, JH Williams retooled it into a much cooler design. I really would have loved a DCUC version that more closely resembles that look.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Oh, I agree that the DCU versions are nice, but I still want the characters to at least have them. Yes, Poison Ivy is tall as hell, but she still looks great on my Batman rogues shelf. Not to mention Scarecrow and Mad Hatter look fine.

http://archivaria.com/DrKain/DCU/Batman/Batman03.JPG
    My problem is I don't display my figures like that, standing up straight. They're duking it out, crouching in action poses and so forth. DCD figures never have knee joints, so they would look stupid just standing upright while everyone else around them is lunging and punching and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Big Barda, Cheetah, Donna Troy, Mary Marvel and Zatanna all pegwarmed after collectors brought them.

Here we go back to shortpacking female characters.
    What he said. I love my super gals, but "girls have cooties" so no one buys them. I've had the same sad Power Girl at my Target for over a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    What he said. I love my super gals, but "girls have cooties" so no one buys them. I've had the same sad Power Girl at my Target for over a year now.
    To be fair Power Girl is an awful figure imho

But yeah I routinely see Mary Marvel, Cheetah, and Big Barda in stores
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Question, the LEFT LEG of Darkseid, which figure does it come with, Iron or Eclipso? because I got a right leg with both, went back to the store with eclipso and the eclipso in the store also had a right leg, but it looked like the iron in the store did too!

AUGH! (anyone got a left darkseid leg they don't want?)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Question, the LEFT LEG of Darkseid, which figure does it come with, Iron or Eclipso? because I got a right leg with both, went back to the store with eclipso and the eclipso in the store also had a right leg, but it looked like the iron in the store did too!

Left comes with iron, and may be twisted.
    http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewt...387&start=1080
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post

I had that same thing happen to me when the wave first came out and have an extra right leg in my part box.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Left comes with iron, and may be twisted.
    http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewt...387&start=1080
    I had that same thing happen to me when the wave first came out and have an extra right leg in my part box.
    thanks guys. so I have to exchange Iron, it was pretty cheap i might just buy it then give the spare one to a kid.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Then go buy the DCD one.
    I would, but... The Alex Ross one is too tall. The first appearance one is too young. The first release is too expensive and hard to find.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Big Barda, Cheetah, Donna Troy, Mary Marvel and Zatanna all pegwarmed after collectors brought them.

Here we go back to shortpacking female characters.
    Are you guys serious about these figures? I saw 3 or 4 Donna Troy and Cheetah figures at ONE comic book type store trying to sell them for $25-30 each, so I passed on them. They never hit the retail stores in my area (all of Southern Ontario ). I JUST found a Cheetah at a discount type store for $7.99 so I picked her up. I saw Mary Marvel at retail once, but she was sold the next week. I didn't see ANY of those other ladies at retail.

I got Wonder Woman and Power Girl from BigBadToystore for $7-8 on clearance and Big Barda from eBay, loose, helmetless.

I still need the variants of the girls and Zatanna. I thought Zatanna was rare...

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    To be fair Power Girl is an awful figure imho
    I really like the Power Girl figure! I think she's an improvement since the Wonder Woman figure.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Are you guys serious about these figures? I saw 3 or 4 Donna Troy and Cheetah figures at ONE comic book type store trying to sell them for $25-30 each, so I passed on them. They never hit the retail stores in my area (all of Southern Ontario ). I JUST found a Cheetah at a discount type store for $7.99 so I picked her up. I saw Mary Marvel at retail once, but she was sold the next week. I didn't see ANY of those other ladies at retail.

I got Wonder Woman and Power Girl from BigBadToystore for $7-8 on clearance and Big Barda from eBay, loose, helmetless.

I still need the variants of the girls and Zatanna. I thought Zatanna was rare...

I really like the Power Girl figure! I think she's an improvement since the Wonder Woman figure.
    It's a distribution or retailer problem, some people had Walmart order (got)10 cases of the Zatanna wave, while others never saw it. It's somewhat true of the many others waves. It seems like specific stores on specific waves then complain about the rot, so they won't order new product. It seems to be except certain stores/areas most order their years supply of figures in a single wave.

I ordered Mary Marvel through BBT, the only time I had seen her at retail was at Six Flags for 25 bucks. I ordered the white version cause it's all I could find. Last week I picked up red version at my local Walmart. The Superman and parts of the recent wave were picked through by the time I picked up Mary (I let her sit for a few days).

I have almost picked up the packed tiger head version of Bronze Tiger, because that is an amazing tiger head they have on him.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    It's a distribution or retailer problem, some people had Walmart order (got)10 cases of the Zatanna wave, while others never saw it. It's somewhat true of the many others waves. It seems like specific stores on specific waves then complain about the rot, so they won't order new product. It seems to be except certain stores/areas most order their years supply of figures in a single wave.
    Yeah this is usually what I see, we have 12 Walmarts and 5 Targets between my home and work so I have next to no trouble finding the figures. But in those travels its so odd to see the lopsided distribution even in the same region/city.

I can literally go to 3 Walmarts or Targets that have nothing or really old figures and then find one store that seems to have not only enough for them but the entire rest of the cities stores.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

They didn't at the stores in my area. Wonder Woman and Donna lingered, but they were gone in a few weeks. Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, and Captain Cold were much much worse.

But still, I don't question that there are people not buying female figures, I just want to round them up begin the behavior modification.

If anyone still needs some DCU figures, check out Gordmans if you have one. They had the Darkseid wave for $7.99 the other day and figures from the Bane and Validus wave for $9.99.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Bang your head!!!
    If anyone still needs some DCU figures, check out Gordmans if you have one. They had the Darkseid wave for $7.99 the other day and figures from the Bane and Validus wave for $9.99.
    Toys R Us has a $9.99 sale going on right now too (unadvertised). I picked up Starman and Jemm today and had a few $5 off coupon that Mattel was handing out at SDCC so before tax the figures were like $10!!!

On a bad note, Mattel really needs to stop with the crappy poses in the package. Jemm's right leg is all warped, but I managed to pose him up something fierce...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Don't care for Wave 18, but had to have Bronze Tiger. He such a cool looking figure. It's figures like these that will make me miss DCUC the most.

Vs. other cat men, Catman himself missing for now

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Walked in Walmart the other day with my 9 year old and saw the whole wave 18 on pegs he say so excited like it was his birthday or something Started to pick up one of each figure for the Collect and connect and guess what , they were all missing the pices , man i was so mad

That's a typical visit at Wal-Mart all over the U.S. C&C pieces missing and the DCUC figures swapped out for DCD or Marvel Legends figures.

Best Swap Ever

[IMG][/IMG]

The female figure thing is an ancient industry standard. Pretty much every action figure manufacturer who does lines for retail adheres to the belief that female figures only sell to adult collectors. Young boys will not want them, and parents won't buy them for their children. I dunno how true that's ever been, honestly, but it usually leads to female characters being shortpacked in pretty much any toyline.

Lycan
    Is wave 18 pretty hard to come by? Usually theres a couple of ebay sellers in the UK offering them but this time there's not a scrap.. only sellers direct from America

{edit - spoke too soon, just checked and one of the usual guys has finally listed them. yay!}
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    The female figure thing is an ancient industry standard. Pretty much every action figure manufacturer who does lines for retail adheres to the belief that female figures only sell to adult collectors. Young boys will not want them, and parents won't buy them for their children. I dunno how true that's ever been, honestly, but it usually leads to female characters being shortpacked in pretty much any toyline.
    I think we all can agree that was malarky back then. We all had Teela and Evil-Lynn. Every Kid I knew in Stockton had at least 1 princess Leia and a Baroness or Scarlet.

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Contact View Post
    I think we all can agree that was malarky back then. We all had Teela and Evil-Lynn. Every Kid I knew in Stockton had at least 1 princess Leia and a Baroness or Scarlet.
    Back in ye olden days MOTU figures were sold in block cases. so stores ordered a case of Teelas and Lyns when they needed them. Made perfect sense really, no shelf clogging and no shortages.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

What the heck is that?

Anyway, if you are going to swap parts, then just return the product as defective so they don't put it back on the shelf. -_- Seriously, I hate when people return a product and act like it is still unopened. The store still has to give them their money back when you return it for any reason, so just telling the clerk they are defective will at least make it so they aren't on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Don't care for Wave 18, but had to have Bronze Tiger. He such a cool looking figure. It's figures like these that will make me miss DCUC the most. ]
    AUGH rub it in why don't ya!?!?

Fear is faith in failure

I am pretty impressed by that actually. The person went to a lot of time and effort to actually steal that toy lol. The custom looks pretty good too.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

True, but that's right in line with the current thinking.
    Looks at the ratios there... there were 3 females in MotU, out of what, 50 figures?
    That's pretty in line with DC going "a-list" and only including Wonder Woman, Supergirl, and Batgirl.
    Bill :: guitargod694