Page 163 of 210 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 5231

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Well that is exactly the problem. What about their customer service stock? This tells me they don't actually actually set aside the figures for the subs, they only charge the sub "5 days in advance" so they don't accidentally sell someone's sub figure. So when they say that sub holders get the advantage of having their subs charged and start shipping before the sale, it is really so they don't sell it off by mistake. That is dirty and shows that Digital River and Matty Collector have no freaking idea what they are doing. Sad enough, their customer service is still better than Barnes and Nobles.

I am at a crossroads here. If I don't renew my card next month, I lose out on Sven, and I am stuck with 3 of 5 pilots for Voltron. Plus it means I would not get Black Mask or Poison Ivy. On the upside, it would mean no worthless SLL or Rocket Red, but is losing out on the bad figures worth losing out on the good? If I say yes, it would mean then having to pay for the price of the good figures what the cost would end up being with getting the bad ones, so it is a lose lose situation either way.

On the upside, another user PMed me and has an extra Atrocitus, but the fact that I had to go that route for something that was supposed to be guaranteed to me is uncalled for. I am going to be making a complaint to the BBB about Mattel and Digital River. I am going to post the fine print from the subscription rulings to where I make my complaint to show that they are not meeting their end of the subscription contract. It also does not help that I no longer want my second MOTUC and 30th subs, but by their contract, I am not allowed to cancel those even though they are allowed to break all of their agreements.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I am going to be making a complaint to the BBB about Mattel and Digital River. I am going to post the fine print from the subscription rulings to where I make my complaint to show that they are not meeting their end of the subscription contract.
    Why not go the FTC instead of the BBB? The FTC can actually slap Mattel with fines for not meeting their contracts.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

FTC? Who are they?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Federal Trade Commission

The BBB will at most offer to mediate. At least will put a someone wasn't happy with their service in their report.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Got this guy a couple of weeks ago. Really digging the charcoal armor. Face is a little too pale and of course the cape design hinders arm movement, but glad to have this version of Batman in hand. Also digging the brass knuckles on the gauntlets

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Is that Batman a DC Direct figure?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Yeah, that is an interesting Batman, but it is a custom, right?

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Got my sub stuff yesterday. Atrocitus is really underwhelming in-hand, IMO - that he cannot hold his lantern is ridiculous, but Metron is pretty cool...I just don't have space on my chair to display the chair, so it has to go into the storage bin!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Got my sub stuff yesterday. Atrocitus is really underwhelming in-hand, IMO - that he cannot hold his lantern is ridiculous, but Metron is pretty cool...I just don't have space on my chair to display the chair, so it has to go into the storage bin!
    Because we are moving in a few months, I no longer have all but a few DCU figures on display in my room. As such, I pretty much just took Jay out of the box to make sure his quality was good and then put him back in it and put him away. I will be doing the same the rest of the sub characters, but I will say this, I am going to have some fun with my Metron chair and my camera before I put him away too. I've got a few other figures that would like some chair time.

Got my Atrocitus today. Mainly I got him to finish off the Green Lantern collection I am making, have all but Green Lanterns Classic Wave 1 anything as I never saw it. And well technically Killowog since I don't open most figures.

I do like the simple packaging on this it's nice looking, and not a huge waste of space.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Is that Batman a DC Direct figure?
    No. That's Young Justice Batman, one that got cancelled but available in limited quantities online.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally got Arkham Croc today. Love him.

That is a really nice Croc, at least, from the waist up. The DCD lack of leg articulation really ruins it for me though. How is the platic though? Does it feel like it is made of quality?

Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    That is a really nice Croc, at least, from the waist up. The DCD lack of leg articulation really ruins it for me though. How is the platic though? Does it feel like it is made of quality?
    Yeah it's extremely dense plastic with really tight joints.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I stumbled on to him late last week and I think he looks neat and may get him. I saw him on e-bay for $55. Can I can you how much you paid for him?
    My LCS charged $45. Totally worth it for me since I love the size of him. Mr. Freeze costs the same but nowhere near the same quality or size, easy pass.

However, if you do pick these up, you can re-sell them for a huge mark up. These are going to be worth a lot on the secondary market. DCD has sold out of them according to retailers.

- - - Updated - - -

Few more pics

Last edited by SCB; June 28, 2012 at 12:04am.

Over the weekend I purchased a Killer Croc and Mr. Freeze from my local comic shop (who only received 1 of each). While Mr. Freeze is barely larger than a standard figure, I love the character so much I had to have him and I like the figure despite the disproportionate price.

Croc looked awesome, but as soon as I opened the package, I realized his arm was broken off.
    My comic shop will refund the money, but they have no replacements available so I might not find another one. Currently, I'm talking to Diamond Select customer service about possibly exchanging the figure. I'm hoping that works out, as I'd rather do that than have to hunt down another figure, possibly at an inflated price.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

WOw, jus twow. At least you got your money back. I did not even have that happen when I bought Damian Robin and his arm broke out of the package. I still have yet to get a replacement either because Diamond told me to contact DCD and DCD told me to contatct Diamond, as they don't offer exchanges or refunds.

Yeah, well I haven't gotten my money back yet, but I will be able to through my LCS. I'm trying to work out a way to actually get a replacement though, but if that doesn't happen by Friday, I'm getting a refund at my LCS (which is the soonest I can get there) and then try to pick one up online.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    My Croc and Freeze are on their way from BBTS. I'm still reeling a bit from the price, but I love this line. I will be fine if they don't make Grundy or Clayface, though, given what those will cost. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they announced a Wave 4 at SDCC, just so I can get a Talia and Hugo to include.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    My Croc and Freeze are on their way from BBTS. I'm still reeling a bit from the price, but I love this line. I will be fine if they don't make Grundy or Clayface, though, given what those will cost. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they announced a Wave 4 at SDCC, just so I can get a Talia and Hugo to include.
    Me, too. DC Direct also needs to put out their own Two-Face and Nightwing. Maybe even a "mourning Harley" from the DLC. She'd make a cool exclusive, at least.

"We have a Ram-Man"

Got Freeze for $20 out the door with my store discount. Not worth the retail price due to the size and lack of articulation, but perfect for what I paid.

Let's get ready to kick some ICE

Stay COOL bird boy!

What killed the dinosaurs? The ICE age!

Allow me to break the ICE

Oh this is going to be so fun. I just got my new debit card today since my other one expired on Saturday, and when I updated my new card with Matty, they said they don't know if the charge will go through for this month's DCU sub since it was was already preauthorized on the card that is now expired. That means I'm mostly likely going to have my Starman and Rocket Red sold on me again, AND my Metron still has yet to ship out.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh this is so lovely. the Atrocitus I got from another use here has the leg molded into waist syndrome AND his head does not move. Lovely. I love have to fix my figures because Mattel is too freaking lazy to make sure they work fine. Not to mention the leg issue is unacceptable given this is a smaller produced line.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; July 7, 2012 at 01:40pm.

DC launches new 3 3/4" line ONLY availabe at cons

"Kyle Rayner & Kilowog action figure 2-Pack is the first in an entirely new line of action figures sized at 3.75” from DC Collectibles. This new scale will only be available at conventions."

DC Collectibles Reveals San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive: Green Lantern Action Figure 2-Pack

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Itty bitty, but better. MUCH better...
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    "Kyle Rayner & Kilowog action figure 2-Pack is the first in an entirely new line of action figures sized at 3.75” from DC Collectibles. This new scale will only be available at conventions."

DC Collectibles Reveals San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive: Green Lantern Action Figure 2-Pack

http://media.dcentertainment.com/sit..._exclusive.jpg
    Yet they have a (not so much perfectly) good Matty Collector website for which to sell these but they go for conventions only

They look so much better than their last foray in to the 4 inch market.

I'm assuming Ksensor's news of DC Collectible's SDCC Green Lantern 2-pack was merged, but, considering it's not a part of DC Universe Classics or from Mattel, I feel it should have its own thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Yet they have a (not so much perfectly) good Matty Collector website for which to sell these but they go for conventions only

They look so much better than their last foray in to the 4 inch market.
    Those aren't from Mattel but DC Collectibles(which is what replaced DC Direct).

They look cool and I'd love a smaller line of DCU toys(Super Powers is one of my favorite toylines ever), but I'm not going to deal with scalper prices after every convention.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!