Page 179 of 208 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Only got Azrael and the Joker thugs.

Azrael is fantastic. Articulation sucks, but the sculpt, detail, and paint make up for it.

The Joker thugs are pretty nice, but too short. They're shorter than most six inch adult figures and not just because they're squatting, but have short legs in general. But we finally have some good Joker thugs other than the movie masters versions, which I never wanted to spend any money on.

The Order of St. Dumas

Arkham Bat Family

Black Mask is my Wednesday Review this week : http://www.itsalltrue.net/

And Vault took a look at Mirror Master last week: http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=21080

MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Awe man, I completely disagree with you on War Games and Black Mask. I love the character because he is an anti-Bruce. He will kill if that is what it takes to get someone to talk. I honestly hated Stephanie, so I was glad to see Black Mask kill her and I do not accept her "resurrection" as it were. To me, Stephanie never came back and I never touched any of her Batgirl comics.

I still find it messed up that the image on the box shows him with a gun but they never gave us a gun. In fact, I am getting tired of Mattel not giving us guns with certain characters. Two-Face, Joker, and Black Mask are all characters that should have guns with them.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Just got the Arkham City wave 3 series. Overall, beautiful sculpts, blah articulation, weird little qc issues, and no stands.

I know in AC wave 2 noone came with a stand, but seriously, almost every DC Direct/ Collectibles release ever has come with a stand. What a way to cheap out!

Azrael is a beautiful figure. His sword, sheathe, and blade on his left wrist are all amazing. Too bad that his right wrist spikes are pretty warped from the packaging (actually, one of mine was partially ripped in the package). I'm someone who has never had QC issues with DC Collectibles stuff, but in the last few months I've had issues with Croc and now Azrael. Also a little bugged that Azrael's sheathe won't stay in the loop on his belt if the sword isn't in it. Still, when just standing on the shelf, Azrael is amazing. Easily one of the best sculpted figures I've seen in quite sometime.

Batman is nice. The only Arkham Batman's I have are the AC wave 1 and 2 versions, so I needed a regular Arkham Bats. Not the greatest Batman figure ever, but not the worst. I'm not sure the headsculpt perfectly captures the Arkham City look for the character, but it isn't a bad sculpt. I like that we got another accessory: this time its the explosive gel dispenser.

Penguin is an excellent figure with three nice accessories: his umbrella, a cigar, and a hat. The cigar fits excellently in his left hand, but the umbrella is a little loose in his right hand. The hat has a difficult time staying on, which is frustrating. The headsculpt is excellent and the effect of the broken bottle stuck over his left eye is quite gruesome.

I only got the Joker thug with the knife in my case, but I do like him.He's in a weird, crouching stance, but his arms have a nice range of motion and his action pose makes him a bit more dynamic on the shelf than many of the other figures.

Ra's al Ghul is great to have, but he seems a little lifeless. His tattoos are detailed, his armor is ornate, and he looks like the in-game character, but he still looks a bit lifeless to me. Not sure, perhaps that has more to do with the ingame model than anything.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I really love the Penguin figure, now that he's on my shelf...though I have a bad feeling if he ever tips over, that cigar is going to be gone!

I do agree that Ra's doesn't seem to have the same 'oomph' as the other figures in the wave. And the lack of stands, given that they're just black disks, is weird.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

In addition to Poison Ivy and Elasti-Girl this month, MattyCollector will have:
    DCU All-Stars: Batman
    DCU All-Stars: Superman
    DCU All-Stars: Superboy Prime
    DCU All-Stars: Red Robin

Just in case any of you didn't see that already

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post

I saw it...but that's a hell of a short notice! Had I known Mattel would have had these for sale, I would have saved up for it. I haven't seen these figures at retail YET and they've been out since August.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior

I've seen that all-stars batman at my local comic shop. that's a nice figure. I haven't bought it. yet.

If this month was plagued with every sub known to man, I might have been interested.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Picked up Rocket Red at Power Con for $40, no tax, no shipping. I like him, but I'm a fan of any armored figure.

Eh, Rocket Red is such a failure in my opinion. His arm guns are stuck at an angle, so they look weird. His joints are extremely loose. He is way too big to be a guy in a suite of armor. His helmet makes him look like a Commie version of Cobra Commander.

The placeholders for Poison Ivy and Elasti-Girl are up on Matty. I noticed that there's no picture of Elasti-Girl boxed up (there's no MOC pic of Cy-Chop either). And none of the 5 pictures show the mini-version of her. But there is this picture...

What's up with that? Other than it looking a bit terrifying!

The placeholders for Poison Ivy and Elasti-Girl are up on Matty. I noticed that there's no picture of Elasti-Girl boxed up (there's no MOC pic of Cy-Chop either). And none of the 5 pictures show the mini-version of her. But there is this picture...

http://drh1.img.digitalriver.com/DRH...izeimage01.jpg

What's up with that? Other than it looking a bit terrifying!
    That looks like the mini version of Elastigirl.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Is that what that is? It's the first (default) picture on Elasti-Girl's sale page, so that's... weird. Why wouldn't you show it standing next to the actual figure.

It looks like some scary horror movie character - no face, blurry outlines... Eek!

Brand new articulation added to DC Collectibles

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

What is up with the lightning on Flash?

Anyway, I am losing more interest in N52 every day.

I really like TDKR Batman despite it now having the yellow insignia.

Penguin would be awesome if it didn't look like he missed the urinal.

As for DCD, wait, is that Talia? Why them? Why not Mattel.

Because she's from Arkham City, and I don't think Mattel is making any more figures in that series.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Brand new articulation added to DC Collectibles

http://articulationtimes.com/wp-cont...m-City-Set.jpg
    This makes my day. 100% awesomeness! I hope this continues to be a 5 figure per wave series and we see Twoface as well. And Hugo Strange. *edit* Just saw on toynewsi.com that this is part of a 4 figure set with the last figure to be revealed on October 31st.
    Last edited by Barbecue17; October 12, 2012 at 09:05am.

"We have a Ram-Man"

I read on the fwoosh that there will be multiple waves of Arkham figures in 2013, and that deluxes haven't been ruled out (i.e., Grundy). A silhouette of the 4th figure has been shown, but it's not clear if it's just a placeholder or an actual image of the figure - either way, so far it seems to be that of Deadshot.

DC Direct - New Articulation features new ways for your figure to break in the first five minutes after opening.

Honestly though, if that Talia face actually resembled Talia and not some coked out ninja, I would probably get her.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    So they've unveiled some new DC figures in the Mattel booth, and once again I'm left shaking my head.

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2012...ooth-instapics

Why on earth would you pick THAT version of Red Hood? That briefly used version of his costume was the most universally hated update, and one that as I recall isn't even in continuity anymore. Honestly, I really don't get what they went with this.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

That is an odd choice - fewer tooling costs than the leather jacket version, maybe? Then again, they could have just used the Mr. Terrific body. I'm fine with Jason as a character getting a figure, but that's a weird way to go about it.

CM3 looks great, though, and I'm glad they're getting to him.

I hope some of the next figures in the line are females, villains, or both, though.

Really glad I didn't get the DC sub. Obscure stuff is a hit and miss for me. The modern Red Hood will be made for retail, if or when he is made that is.
    Last edited by SCB; October 12, 2012 at 01:31pm.

Snappy Threader
    So far no complaints about the new sub figs, EXCEPT Flash. How many of the Flash (yeah different name I guess but same figure) do we need? I mean really. Flash, AS Flash, Blue Lantern Flash, White Lantern Flash...............more I can't recall I am sure....but really. It's the same design other than the ears......#cheap.....